Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Apostasy Prologue, what happens and what it could mean lore wise.

fishymandt

34 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Then how did we get the helmet if we were not physically there?

Its so damn confusing...

It’s unclear. We may be witnessing a mixture of flashback and present events. Ballas uncoupling the Lotus from Margulis may have happened hours or days before the Tenno got there.

44 minutes ago, DeadScream said:

I think the reason they didn't care about us is : we were not really in this scene. 

We saw it for whatever reason, astral projection or whatever space magic. It's a vision. 

I think these quests are some kind of rite to adulthood we Tenno have to pass. Did you ever think about players who started the game after you ? They will not lose Lotus before months ! They first have to live the Second Dream and the War Within, face their paternal figure (Teshin) before they are made orphan after a "oh cool i have my private quarters no-NOOOOOOOOOO"

we were there. Lotus ignored us because she was more interested in Ballas' big blue ... arm. yes definitely his arm and not some other body part

Go back and watch the Sacrifice teaser again, I'm pretty sure Ballas is talking to Natah/Margulis in it.

"If you could trade, would you? Surely. But all miracles require sacrifice. For their life for - yours."

If we assume he's talking to Margulis, it could mean that Ballas is trying to give Natah/Margulis a choice. Save her children or save herself.

I hope this ends up in a metaphorical love triangle conflict with Lotus at the center, where Hunhow tries to eradicate Lotus Orokin memories to turn her back into his daughter Natah and Ballas attempts to rid her of her Sentient past to bring Margulis as she was back then back to life.

Ballas vs Hunhow - I'd pay to see that.

It's also interesting to speculate what motivates Ballas. Is it true love, is it pure guilt, or a mix?

58 minutes ago, DeadScream said:

I think the reason they didn't care about us is : we were not really in this scene. 

We saw it for whatever reason, astral projection or whatever space magic. It's a vision. 

I think these quests are some kind of rite to adulthood we Tenno have to pass. Did you ever think about players who started the game after you ? They will not lose Lotus before months ! They first have to live the Second Dream and the War Within, face their paternal figure (Teshin) before they are made orphan after a "oh cool i have my private quarters no-NOOOOOOOOOO"

Definitely not. We physically pick up the helmet and place it in our Orbiter. Ordis also acknowledges her disappearances and she is replaced by a hologram.

New players don't see this because, you know, it's a game.

My theory is, Margulis was ordered to be executed but Ballas "saved" her by making a some sort of deal with Natah (who suddenly cares about the Tenno >.>) to "imprison" Margulis in order to save her so Ballas could control the Tenno through the Lotus, so once Ballas cut the connectors to her helmet, Margulis is free from Natah and sees Ballas again after thousand years and goes back with him.

2 hours ago, Helch0rn said:

since DE's parent company publishes financial reports we can see DE's profit.

fiscal year 2016

revenue: $147 million CAD

gross profit: $95.8 million CAD

Good gross tho. Very decent ROE

Edited by Teloch

Wow... DE. I am really touched by this. It seems that they really likes to give us a surprise.

Well, I am also shocked by the prologue. Then, it is clear why Lotus resemble Magulis - because the body of Lotus we see IS actually Magulis. I have thinking this once, that the 'execution process' on Magulis is actually remove the conscious on Magulis' body(consider the 'revive' process of Orokin that switch the body, it is nothing wrong to do it), then Lotus use the body as her on later. That would be the reason why Lotus knows much on Magulis; she would because she has her body. It have a contradiction with the script on Harrow quest, that Lotus is not aware of Rell.

And, it seems that the sentence for her was dominated by the other mind while keep the conscious of her own... That's why the seven are told that they will let her merciful death instead, if she retracts her previous statement. So.... she is suffered for century?

Also what about Lotus? Will she return to Natah? Was her decision to become Lotus affected by Magulis' body? I hope that she still have the same nature, but is it come true? I have no idea on this....

And, perhaps it would be connected to the umbra warframe....

2 hours ago, Gundakin said:

By creating a broken home to all tenno just before christmas?!

everybody is heartbroken about spacemom leaving.

everybody leaves the game until DE releases the rest of the quest after Christmas

people spend time with their family instead of sitting in front of the pc

DE brightened the day for all the people that would miss their relatives, who were going to play Warframe instead of being with their loved ones

6 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I think the Void taints the Immortality/Yuvan process or it is an imperfect process that shows degeneration/defects over multiple hosts and it would make perfect sense that the REAL reason the children were subjected to the void was to provide Orokin Elite with non-aging bodies that were immune to the Void's corruptive influence.

That actually ties in with the Twin Queens and their desire for the Dreamer.

20 minutes ago, Helch0rn said:

everybody is heartbroken about spacemom leaving.

Except me, apparently. I’m just all ‘Oh, this is interesting. Are we gonna get a quest about the Tenno growing up a bit more and learning to let go of their parents? That’d be cool. Wait, why’s everyone so upset? What?’

2 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Except me, apparently. I’m just all ‘Oh, this is interesting. Are we gonna get a quest about the Tenno growing up a bit more and learning to let go of their parents? That’d be cool. Wait, why’s everyone so upset? What?’

you my friend are special.

2 hours ago, MopUpCrewman said:

Definitely not. We physically pick up the helmet and place it in our Orbiter. Ordis also acknowledges her disappearances and she is replaced by a hologram.

New players don't see this because, you know, it's a game.

And it could still be a flashback. See  TWW the trials, unlocking our abilities.

This could all just be some kinda flashback, or dream of sorts.

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

1 minute ago, Helch0rn said:

you my friend are special.

No, really. I don’t get why everyone’s so upset. It’s not like Rebecca herself has been abducted by Ballas’ voice actor*. 

This is interesting and cool. If DE pull the trigger and genuinely change something so fundamental to the game as the Lotus, that would be amazing! It would also be a wonderful opportunity to improve the piss poor writing of Operator dialogue and characterisation, make them grow up a bit.

* Maybe she has! I dunno.

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

No, really. I don’t get why everyone’s so upset. It’s not like Rebecca herself has been abducted by Ballas’ voice actor*. 

This is interesting and cool. If DE pull the trigger and genuinely change something so fundamental to the game as the Lotus, that would be amazing! It would also be a wonderful opportunity to improve the piss poor writing of Operator dialogue and characterisation, make them grow up a bit.

* Maybe she has! I dunno.

Stop saying what I'm thinking! Lol :crylaugh:

Warning Huge Speculation (I can't say this is correct):

Is anyone's head broken yet? I mean I can't even add up all the quest events in warframe and put together a half decent resolution of what on earth is happening, I mean first of all I can't even understand what Hunhow is anymore like he just feels like some illusion.. He looks exactly like the "Lotus" just burnt or something and apparently he has Sentient looking bones as seen in the second dream, something tells me Lotus (OR whatever on earth she is) is rejoining the warframe tenno kill squad or has figured the Tenno might be too overpowered? The problem here is that we don't know what Hunhow looks like, He is obviously wearing a mask like the Lotus Mask except looks like he was put on a barbeque, must be some "Sentient Cultural Thing"  to hide Facial identity with a mask. We've also never heard Hunhow Speak of Ballas, which leaves a huge gap as we aren't sure if he is the father of the Lotus / Natah as he might not know about Ballas. She now has to be called by 99 names, well actually 3: Lotus, Natah, Margulis. A theory that seems to fit this situation is Margulis taking disguise as a Sentient named Natah, Hunhow might think she is still Natah but in reality it is a culprit, Margulis, known as the Lotus, But I'm not gonna jump ahead because a lot of you would probably think, what the hell is this guy talking about. Ballas was also known to be an Orokin Executor, known for executing Margulis or at least Imprisoning her. The Grineer Queens describe themselves as also being Orokin, so Somehow they must link to Ballas (God I hate his name...). And also, thinking of it, Looking at the Cephalon Fragments again, tells us that Ballas gave Ordan Karris (Orids' Old Form) eternal life aka turned him into a cephalon, this could also be a way he decided to free Margulis from Babysitting (Just stick with the word for now) the Tenno, he added a new ally to assist the tenno so Margulis could escape Babysitting and also what I'm gonna talk about next a couple lines down. But also looking at Teshin's reference to Margulis in TWW:

Now I am forced to undo what Margulis did, to open the gates... and make you suffer. Margulis lied to you, a lie of omission. She did not cure the Zariman Children - she erased them. My only hope is that truth still lingers inside you, buried within your mind. The power and the misery of the Void.

It seemed Margulis / Lotus was deliberately trying to keep the tenno Underpowered, she must have realized what a threat they could be, and what she did was escaped at the help of........ yeah Ballas......

So far I can presume at least one of these characters would be used in the follow up quest.

Cephalon Simaris, Hunhow, Helminth, The Queens, The Man in the Wall (Plzz No), Rell (Very sure he is long gone), Teshin and possibly Stalker

Edited by CaptainJLP

52 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

This is interesting and cool. If DE pull the trigger and genuinely change something so fundamental to the game as the Lotus, that would be amazing!

I'm hoping this isn't true, the first time I saw Ortus (aka Holographic Lotus) I almost threw my computer out the window, nearly was scarier than encountering, the man in the wall on the way to my focus room at 11pm.

Ill get used to it eventually.

Edited by CaptainJLP

I'm ever more hopeful this upcoming questline matures the operators; a child will have to mature pretty quickly when you take away it's key parental figure. Also I don't think Lotus really changed her mind after the events of TWW and still believes shielding us from truths is the best way to protect us. So now that she's gone, for however long that may be, who knows what else may rise to the surface in her absence.

Edited by Beartornado

Something tells me the man in the wall will have some new speeches. It seems its impossible to data-mine quests, I was surprised that this wasn't data-mined. Hmm what will happen if I did the war within again, will Lotus be normal or a distant static  made by Ordis.

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I was waiting for something like this, and leaving us hanging for who knows how long makes it even better/worse.

Alight, this is what i think is going down, Ballas made the Tenno as a test to see if his theories on void powers where right, *Hence the deleted records. after the test came back positive he gave himself void powers and instated the old war *sentient war, to cover his tracks, *(He help them cross the void) He Faked Margulis' death in her body and allows the Lotus to over take her body so she can carry out and fail at her / the sentiants plans, because like the quills, Ballas can see into different time lines *(now having void power).  *as indicated by his abilities to lock Lotus away by raising his hand. 

I think this also suggest that the Warframes arn't just bio masses' but perhaps still have a human soul inside as show in the second dream. With out void power i think we can reawaken them just like Ballas did for Margulis.

What do I think will happen next? we're gonna have a void battle with Ballas and our Warframe still start fighting beside us. 

It seems that an Infested would be held inside of the warframes....

Once I have think about the hypothesis, that the being inside of the warframes... are once were the mad adults in Zariman Ten Zero, that was mad, and also turned to Infested(perhaps), however also have the void powers as the operator does. It would answers why each warframes are able to manifest the void power, not pure as the operator themselves does, but able to make it by some specialized way. The adults are also affected by the void powers... Remember that the crews are gone and only the children are remains. In The War Within it suggests that the mad adults are killed by the children, but what if some of them are survives and turned to the subject of experiment? What about the deceased bodies? Alad V does similar thing to make zanuka, so why not for the orokin?

There are also the counterarguments:

-In the quests and short comics it suggests that the adults are just mad, but doesn't manifest any powers. But I think that it may possible with some process.

-It suggests that the being inside of the warframes are Infested, but Infested dislikes creature that has the affinity with void, call them demon. Then how the warframes themselves are also have the void powers? Is it the combination of both things?

Edited by DroopingPuppy