Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I the only person who does this when trading?

mosaickle

A few months ago when I was real active with trading I would always add like a small bonus like a cyan star or something regardless of what I was buying or selling, now I find myself adding a yogwun since it's the goofiest looking fish and relatively cheap.

Am I the only person who does this from time to time?

8 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I got yelled at when I tried.

"What is that? I didn't ask for that.  You can't charge me for something I didn't ask for!"

But far less grammar and letters.

I never get that probably cuz either I add it and click "Ready to trade" which implies I'm not gonna further negotiate a higher price or because in chat I just say something spontaneous and straight forward like "Oh by the way, have a fish :D "

I dont do it, but i find the stereotypes hilarious

The one with broken english "ME WANT BANANA PRIME BP YOU SELL?"

The one who has 677+ ping warning

The one who is ultra nice with perfect grammar, long sentences and good wishes

The one that wants to pay less but adds trash to "compensate"

Hmm... I need to start trading with you guys. Bad luck I don't have anything of value for trade yet.

Oh wait, got 2x Harrow Chassis BP from single mission yesterday... Hold your wallets, trading tycoon is on the way!

:crylaugh:

All right, going back to my corner...

Edited by RadmaKanow

I do this weird thing where I make people offer first. If they try to lowball me I just stop dealing with them. If they offer too much, I correct them and tell them what market value is and cut them a good deal as a thank you for shooting high rather than low lol.

It's nice to have some fun with people.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

I do this weird thing where I make people offer first. If they try to lowball me I just stop dealing with them. If they offer too much, I correct them and tell them what market value is and cut them a good deal as a thank you for shooting high rather than low lol.

It's nice to have some fun with people.

I do this weird thing not trade with anyone who asks for my offer when i'm buying something.

When i buy i want to see price. If i dont see one i dont buy.

Otherwise if i offer too high seller sells happily. If i offer too little they dont trade with me at all.

I am at the point where i might start blocking people for writing me anything related to 'your offer'. I rather pay bit more to seller who gives me price fast and with no fuss.

3 hours ago, NSDBL said:

A few months ago when I was real active with trading I would always add like a small bonus like a cyan star or something regardless of what I was buying or selling, now I find myself adding a yogwun since it's the goofiest looking fish and relatively cheap.

I'm stealing this idea. xD If you get someone adding a random fish to the trade it might be me.

48 minutes ago, imendars said:

I do this weird thing not trade with anyone who asks for my offer when i'm buying something.

Otherwise if i offer too high seller sells happily. If i offer too little they dont trade with me at all.

I am at the point where i might start blocking people for writing me anything related to 'your offer'. I rather pay bit more to seller who gives me price fast and with no fuss.

I have no fuss at all, I just see the average price and say yeah that's what the average is on the market.

I mean, you can't reason/bargain against that logic

6 minutes ago, NSDBL said:

I have no fuss at all, I just see the average price and say yeah that's what the average is on the market.

I mean, you can't reason/bargain against that logic

I dont know what avarage price is. If i see someone selling item i want i buy the item and dont bother about it again since i only buy want i want to use.. Sometimes i look longer to see other offers or i write WTB ... and see what offers pop out. I'm not a marketing type person, i dont think like that. i'm a person that goes into market, browses its goods and picks what i want.

Edited by imendars

7 hours ago, NSDBL said:

I never get that probably cuz either I add it and click "Ready to trade" which implies I'm not gonna further negotiate a higher price or because in chat I just say something spontaneous and straight forward like "Oh by the way, have a fish :D "

*Slaps NSDBL around with a large trout

Ahh, the days of IRC, thanks for reminding

9 hours ago, NSDBL said:

I do this with Ignis Wraith BPs but a fish is brilliant.  

10 hours ago, NSDBL said:

I did as well.  

"No no, it's free"

"Just give me what I'm paying for"

36 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I did as well.  

"No no, it's free"

"Just give me what I'm paying for"

Jeez, people are so scared of generosity...(transitions into REALLY deep philosophy)

Perhaps it's due to how hostility is becoming the norm in society, and we're trained by the social environment to be more and more cynical and skeptic of generosity, often questioning whether there are more hidden sinister intent. Perhaps due to past events we slowly grow scared of such thoughts and become closed off to generosity, furthering the idea that generosity brings hidden bad intent.

But it's a fish. Fish are good for our health. Hell, I'd gift maprico if I could, people are eating less and less fruit these days...

9 hours ago, imendars said:

On one hand I get that, on the other I don't lol. If someone posts in trade chat that they want to buy something, they obviously have a price range in mind. Sometimes it's something I never even thought about selling until I saw them ask so I genuinely don't have a price in my mind.

It should be up to the person who names the item in chat to come up with a price whether selling or buying IMO. If I want to buy something or sell something, I name the price I want. I never understood why that's such a foreign concept. Hell, I post the price I want to pay in chat as to not waste anyone else's time by making them ask "offer" lol. They know my offer before typing.

Edited by (PS4)KingGuy420

12 hours ago, MagPrime said:

I got yelled at when I tried.

"What is that? I didn't ask for that.  You can't charge me for something I didn't ask for!"

But far less grammar and letters.

WT I dat? No. No axk. U cannie chage me 4 dat. I no axk

:P

But yeah, I used to do this a little bit. Not as much, but I used to chuck in a free ignis wraith BP if they didn't already own one. 

10 hours ago, imendars said:

I'm some what like this also.  Those that say "Offer" in response to me WTB something is annoying.  Just say your price so I can get on with my day.  I don't have the patience to waste my limited game time haggling over price. 

I appreciate those sellers who say there price upfront so much that I tend to give them more plat than they asked for.  I like to consider it a reward for not wasting my time.  :D