Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This game needs an auction house...

(PSN)patKaetzchen

6 hours ago, Heckzu said:

Warframe.market has no guarantees. People can put up fake offers for items they don't have, or just outright refuse to sell for the listed price.

What would happen if the same system was to be officially implemented, therefore officially endorsed, by DE? The same abuses would occur.

Now here's the difference between 3rd party and built-in: DE would be responsible for built-in systems. What would that mean? Support queue times would grow substantially from all the reports of fake offers.

So why not eliminate the possibility of "Fake offers" entirely by having the trading system (Note: Not auction house) A: require that item in your inventory in order to say "I have this to trade" and B: take it out of your inventory while it is posted.

Just have some UI and infrastructure allowing people to do the same thing we currently can with in-person trades... without being in-person. Items offered on either side are held until both parties agree on the trade. To keep in-person trades relevant, allow only one item on each side (or item type in the case of platinum, ayatan stars, or other small items that are likely to be traded in stacks of multiples).

Here is what the Warframe AH would look like

Greedyjerkboughtyourcheapmod 500p

Greedyjerkboughtyourcheapmod 499p

Greedyjerkboughtyourcheapmod 498p

That one dude with all the plat and time would just eat whole markets, just like every game with an AH....and if you undercut him he buys your crap and resells it higher.... it's dumb but that's what happens plus it will push "gold seller"  types to the game, sorry no, think of the greediest strategy and apply it and then you can see how bad a economy can work.

On 12/30/2017 at 7:22 AM, Nakrast said:

No. Auction houses are the reason games die.
KEEP IT OUT OF WF.

On 12/30/2017 at 8:47 AM, ElMarto said:

My opinion is no way. Auction houses destroy every game Ive played!

This might sound like a stupid question, but why do auction houses destroy games? Sorry, I just don't know much about auctions in games

Edited by (PS4)PS_90210

15 minutes ago, (PS4)PS_90210 said:

This might sound like a stupid question, but why do auction houses destroy games? Sorry, I just don't know much about auctions in games

A simple example should make it clear:
Player A lists a mod for 20p.
Player B lists the same mod for 19p.
And so, and so on.
At the end, the said mod will reach lowest possible value, and players will stop farming it.
This will apply to every item, exept the super rare and event items.
Players will feel like their grind is pointless, and therefore start posts on how P2W Warframe is, since cashing in would be the best way to get any plat.

A solution would be to use an Auction House/Marketplace similar to the one that Black Desert Online has, but that wouldn't be free market, and imo, the free market is one of the best things there.

So yea, no Auction Houses here, please.
Warframe.Market is ruining trading chat already with all the trolls/scammers in there.

Edited by Nakrast

6 minutes ago, Nakrast said:

And so, and so on.
At the end, the said mod will reach lowest possible value, and players will stop farming it.
Players will feel like their grind is pointless, and therefore start posts on how P2W Warframe is, since cashing in would be the best way to get any plat.

A solution would be to use an Auction House/Marketplace similar to the one that Black Desert Online has, but that wouldn't be free market, and imo, the free market is one of the best things there.

Warframe.Market is ruining trading chat already with all the trolls/scammers in there.

gg dude

no auctions

50 minutes ago, Nakrast said:

So basically you are saying that trolls from a third party system are causing problems because there is no auction house actually in the game?

An auction house like system exists already regardless of if you like it or not. It is just a matter of if you want trolls and scammers able to put maiming strike on for 75 to try and change the market value or not.

If things go to the highest bidder then what is the problem? Have the item locked in once posted and at the end of however long the bidding goes for it is traded automatically. Or does the idea of rivens being priced much lower because no one actually wants to pay 2000+ plat for one not sit well with you? Yes having a a minimum sale price or starting bid could be done as well. To limit the abuse of the system have a daily  trade tied to each one regardless of if it sells or not.

If it is just posting a price then yes things will be undercut all the time and prices will go down. Have people bid on things and prices will be what players are willing to pay for them instead of what the seller having to put it as less just to get it sold.

Edited by Brorelia

Auction houses are awsome but only when game has alot collecting and crafting etc.
WF has it too but biggest downside would be that some people will instantly buy most cheap stuff and profit with reselling.
Warframe markreting is working with Platinum - Real money not with credits you collect from missions.

Can you imagine how many problems this would create?

Market as it is now makes this type of actions way more complicated and time consuming.
So there is way less bullcrap going on.

However i would like to see option in Maroos BaZaar where people can just list their items and you can buy them straight from personal shop.

OOOH wooops,.... i ment ingame market place.

I have no idea why anyone would want a auction house. lolwut

Edited by 0Z3R0
Changes due misunderstanding original post at first sight.

On ٣٠‏/١٢‏/٢٠١٧ at 1:17 AM, (PS4)patKaetzchen said:

So, after years of playing warframe, I finaly got into trading... and I have to say, its ridicolous how swingy prices for basicly everythinge are. Also, as someone not deep in the trading, its really hard to find good prices - you feel yourself ripped off so often, or get the feeling you rip someone else off equally often.

What warframe needs is, like other mmo's, a auction house, where tenno can just put items up and people will be bidding on those, with the item going to the highest bidder... this would also help to deinflate those ridicolous riven prices.

Umm you're in PS4 m8 the most cheap platform for warframe if your seeing the stuff overpriced then be my guest and go to PC

On ٣٠‏/١٢‏/٢٠١٧ at 1:21 AM, aligatorno said:

Use warframe. market if you want to list items.  

I don't suggest any warframe player in PS4 use the website it's not very accurate tbh if someone want to know a price of something alliance chat is still a thing (unless you're AC is dead or u don't have AC or u hate AC)

On 1/1/2018 at 2:29 AM, Nakrast said:

And so, and so on.

Yes, no auction house. No official implementation of plat as the currency of trading (I know it's the de-facto currency right now anyway, but I don't want it official). No lists sortable by "price". No automatic transactions that favor bot-users.

But even with all these restrictions, we can still have some form of asynchronous trading post for people looking for simple transactions, right?

I agree that an "auction house" is the wrong implementation for Warframe, but some form of in-game asynchronous trading is desperately needed.

On 12/31/2017 at 11:29 PM, Nakrast said:

And so, and so on.

This is basic supply and demand, though. Eventually the mod hits the lowest value people will pay, and a bunch will stop farming it.

And guess what? Because less people are farming it, you have less supply, and the price goes up.

Take an econ 101 class. Using warframe.market isnt killing the game. Trading is a pain. Make it easier. More trades = more plat bought for DE. All you guys saying "but muh economy" "take a class for 2 years to learn the subtle nuances of the warframe economy" I highly down know what you are talking about. Sounds a whole lot like "You just wouldnt understand haha I WIN"

il y a 2 minutes, Gekkoya a dit :

This is basic supply and demand, though. Eventually the mod hits the lowest value people will pay, and a bunch will stop farming it.

And guess what? Because less people are farming it, you have less supply, and the price goes up.

Take an econ 101 class. Using warframe.market isnt killing the game. Trading is a pain. Make it easier. More trades = more plat bought for DE. All you guys saying "but muh economy" "take a class for 2 years to learn the subtle nuances of the warframe economy" I highly down know what you are talking about. Sounds a whole lot like "You just wouldnt understand haha I WIN"

No if the prices are as high and good it's because only what go on the market and its in games are display if all the world offline understood could sell at the same time low no it's hard logic all would lose value.

Well the current system is atrocious and only supports abusive sellers to sell way higher than the value of the item to the unsuspecting.

Trying to read and decipher the channel in any timely manner is terrible.

Everyone here afraid of an AH because it would bottom out prices is right, as it puts a stop to sellers preying on the buyers not aware of somethings value. Oh and the website is exactly that, and AH. I think most here against an AH are against the website as it cuts their excessive price gouging down.

The website would be great ONLY if it is officially supported by DE. 

On 01/01/2018 at 5:01 AM, Gamma745 said:

There is no "auction house thread" there. How is this thread supposed to mark anything?

I think the "Free Space" is exactly that: a free space, we can put "Auction House thread" in there.

The game needs many things, Action House is not one of them.

Considering Warframe market - sure, if you want to visit a place in which people are playing the Olympics for the most "I am so good, I know how to undercut prices"(among other shady practices that I won't disclose, but let's just say that there is a pretty good reason why the site is not endourced by DE) - sure go ahead. make your wishes to sell vaulted primes at 1/3 of the prices true.

I've seen mentions of rivens, and I just thought an AH specifically for rivens would be amazing. It's the perfect market for it as it has high RNG and their pricing is difficult to pin down. An AH would bring some stability there and bring down prices as well -- something sorely needed for these imo overpriced items.

I'm still against a general AH, but one just for rivens would be great.

• 4 weeks later...