Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ghoul event glitches and grind.

EdwardHowton

That is the number of journal fragments you need to get in order to get all of them. That means, at minimum, if you get one fragment per bounty run out of the four phases, you need to repeat the same thing FIFTY TWO times.

You don't get one fragment per run. Sometimes you get two. Rarely. Most of the time you get four Hunter set mods. Which means you've completely wasted your time, and they aren't short runs.

The grind in past events has always been excessive and ridiculous, but this event? It's worse.

Because there's nothing but glitches. I can't do two runs in a row, because the second run never works. Either the bounty doesn't start at all, or enemies don't spawn and I end up waiting, pointlessly, until the mission fails, simply because there's no enemies to kill. Supply beacons don't drop if no enemies carrying it spawn. Ghoul burial grounds are hard to do when it randomly sends you back to the first place  you cleared, which means there's no more ghouls to kill and there's not a goddamn thing you can do about it. Other times, you start the bounty, walk out the door, and... nothing whatsoever happens. So you sit there, waiting to see if it's just being slow again and waste another minute before getting pissed off and going back through the doors, which takes another two goddamn minutes because loading Cetus takes a while. I got stuck in the loading transition for five minutes, once.

So it isn't just that the grind is absurdly excessive. It's that the bounty itself doesn't goddamn work half the goddamn time. Basic math question: what's fifty two multiplied by it doesn't work half the time so you have to do it twice as often or more?

The result is players get sick of that garbage. Since there's no way for us to know if we'll ever be able to get those codex entries in the future, those of us who want to be able to read and listen to them MUST force ourselves to put up with all the goddamn glitches and interminable loading screens in order to get them, which means this entire event? It isn't fun. It's frustrating. It's pissing me off. It's making me want to punch something, because it's not ME that's failing the bounties half the time and it's not ME that's collecting more worthless set mods I'll never use because they're rare and unique and I want them, but because THIS EVENT IS NOTHING BUT GLITCHES AND GRIND.

I may not have ever made a game to speak of, but I think one important game design idea is that what you make your players do should be fun. I can't remember a fun event in as long as I've been playing, and I've been playing for over four years. This glitchy mess takes the rotten cake. TWO fragments per entry would've been a lot, but we have to get four? Why not just have them spell out "F*** you, [playername], our goal here at DE is to make you waste your time and get pissed off" while you're at it?

I agree with you sentiment about this event and find it to be incredibly stupid that LORE, f'ing LORE in this game that already has problems with its storytelling, is hiding its story behind RNG.

This "event" seems like a huge "f-u" to the players. The missions are boring, the enemies arent really all that fun to fight, its really just the same crappy PoE grind for what? Hunter mods that were ridiculosly easy to get the last event? Stubba and Quatraak bp's that drop in handfulls? Relics we can get playing more enjoyable missions? LORE fragments?

This event is poorly designed, and released at a time when good ol' DE is on vacation and can't change anything. We're stuck with the glitches, the trashy grind, until they come back. This little "event" was probably the second worst thing I've seen in this game bested only by the garbage that was the Pacifism Defect.

4 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

I get your point and agree with it, however, this is a recurring alert ( won´t call this and Event ), so you don´t need to collec them all now, hopefully.

I get you on not wanting to call it an event since it doesn't really cover the feel of one but wouldn't call it an alert either. Think more like the mini-events of Balor Fomorian attacks after Eyes of Blight. That will likely be the recurring nature of these Ghouls. I worry though that the journal entries might be tied to a future quest as it doesn't make sense for them to be given this way else-wise.

It is sadly a mess, i defend DE for alot of things and can understand alot thigns can be troublesome and hard to do or program in or simply think trough, or not think about certain things that might be obvious for others because they are stll human which i defintly not blame them for, but whover thought it was a good idea to put lore in like this belongs slapped several times.

Why don't we have simple event rewards that are unique and will come alter, the enemys stay a more mistery also, while when they getreleased then we slowly would get info on them, more lore, buliding up ot them instead of slapping this halfbaked event in our faces.

DE please, i rather have non even and actual prefer grind missions like Nidus or even Mesa or Ivara, i even prefer hunting the Kuvas or those glas fishes on cetus to scan, atleast this makes me explore some maps more then this fetching quest which is like "go to A then to B then back to A then to C and get your reward like a dumb dog catching its ball", because this is how i seriously feel about it.

I already ignore Cetus mostly to be honest, its soemthing for in between sure but could you make it interessting by actually building lore and world building around it instead of such events that come and go? It is new and refreshing form the start but then realize you jsut run around do the same missions in random order only and at most go fishing or mine ore which is both repetible very fast, i like the diea and i not mind it muhc since you can do it whenever you want mostly unlike Invasions,  Alerts or Kuva misisons you wait for specific rewards or spots.

Could we on one side not focus to much on Cetus but also not abandon it like Archwing as example. I understand introducing new things to keep players pleased and have something to do, but then rather take your time with those things and not just trow it at our feet like this again.I rather have some unfinsihed stuff finished or Lore that seems to gone nowhere more depth put in, Nidus again with the infection immune people, the man in the wall, even things like if the Warframes are sentient now or not? Why Valkyr was torutred, then Dlexue skin came and then you trowed it aroudn with the Prime? Same with Mirage, why did Lotus know the original Mirage, was that before the Orokin Emprie fell even? What about Limbo beeign ripped apart, why don't we get more story to the exisitng things and keep trow in this dumb things, yes i call it dumb, the people on Cetus are idiots in my eyes, just do the work for us blah blah, same for the Syndicats, why don't they walk aorudn there as example? sure they would make use of some also as example, we also hear Corups do actually trade but we only see there ships.

A long rant from me and i hope i not offended anyone and excuse myslef if i did, but this is how i honeslty feel lately since Eidolon came out, not even Archwing was that bad at first. DE should be ashamed sadly, as much i like thme and tehre effort but tihs is the worst Update so far i seen, and i play around 4 years or more i think.

All i can say about it so far really and i hope we somehow get fixes and better changes ot all, overlal all i can say to this to new and old players, avoid Cetus, continue unloakc your starchart, farm weapons and frames you want, if oyu done that all already, take a break of the game and come back to a far alter time, the good tihng i say is, everytihgn atleast comes back in one way or another, event mods, weapons, enemys, etc. SO you never miss any out gladly.

The fellow who thought it will be fun to troll players by putting lore behind RNG needs to be fired. 

Now scanning somachord fragments also became RNG as they shared their spawn with cephalon fragments. 50/50 each. 'facepalm'

4 hours ago, kyori said:

The fellow who thought it will be fun to troll players by putting lore behind RNG needs to be fired. 

Now scanning somachord fragments also became RNG as they shared their spawn with cephalon fragments. 50/50 each. 'facepalm'

Don't even get me started on the somachord fragments. The game as it is right now is dedicated to new players and it's downright sadistic against those of us who have put up with this kind of garbage for a couple years.

Yeah, the new player might have the opportunity to scan everything new as they run through the gauntlet of the navigation screen, but those of us who remember (barely) the rotating planets don't really have any call to go back and grind all the low-level missions and then YET AGAIN have to put up with incomprehensibly pointless 'S#&$-hidden-behind-random-drops'. (edit: good job, a ' broke your auto-censor, geez)

I spent four hours trying to find enough somachord fragments to listen to a song. Just one song. Just one planet and one song. I can't, because it's almost always cephalon fragments. And that's when you can actually find them, which is why FOUR HOURS because you have to look in EVERY! SINGLE! ROOM! EVERY! SINGLE! TIME!

Now, I understand why. A game without a regular influx of new players just plain dies. If more players drop out than come in you don't have a game anymore. You get The Division.

But this ghoul nonsense... oh great it's going to be recurring so are the acolytes and those happen, what, once a year congratulations new player you just got screwed because you started a week too late enjoy getting nothing. The journal fragments may or may not be guaranteed to come back. I've still got to go back and scan the Infested Mesa and I'm not even sure how, because for some inexplicable reason a one-time enemy needs three scans.

WHO AT DIGITAL EXTREMES IS PLAYTESTING THIS GAME? Anyone? Bueller? Why is a lifestyle masochist who thinks the definition of fun is having their face duct-taped to the highway and dragged behind a stolen car deciding what good ideas for events are?

I spent the last several hours, all night, (edit: 13 HOURS!) grinding that goddamn mission and I've got three fragments left to go. People are so sick of this that once the mission is over they try to save half a minute flying ALL THE WAY BACK by leaving the squad, which do ya know what happens when the host leaves the fricken squad and forces everybody else to reconnect OH THAT'S RIGHT MORE GLITCHES like permanently-open doors that lead into a fake Cetus that you can never escape from without going back to the freaking Orbiter and oh by the way here's another glitch UN-CAPTURABLE CAPTURE TARGET WHUPDE@(*()$DO ANOTHER FORCED FAILURE AND WASTE OF TIME.

I went to Tennocon last summer. I wore the sash with a Treshcone Prime sewn onto it. I supported the game's development and told Danielle that one of the first thoughts in my mind when I saw the Plains of Eidolon teaser was "This is why I survived cancer". I bought a Warframe scarf and a Kubr-O's t-shirt because I love the game and the company both.

This event?

This event is making me want my goddamn money back for all of that AND the Tennocon 2018 tickets I haven't even bought yet.

This isn't what you do to your players, DE. You guys have successfully created one event that didn't make me hate you, and that's in nearly five years. You know what event that was? I don't either because all the rest of the garbage pushed it out of my mind.

Please. Please please please do us a favor and either figure out that DEATH-MARCH GRINDFEST HORROR SHOWS are not fun or just plain goddamn stop creating events entirely PLEASE. You're not good at them. Please stop before too many of us resent you.

Edited by EdwardHowton
Added how much time I wasted

On 29/12/2017 at 9:48 PM, Kuestenjung said:

I get your point and agree with it, however, this is a recurring alert ( won´t call this and Event ), so you don´t need to collec them all now, hopefully.

so this "super amazing" alert/event/grind HELL will come back with probably the same freaking missions... run ther... go to other side... and now the other side and gain and leave.... just like the plague star WHY DE? i tried to play this for the fragments and stil don't have 1 completed just a couple of scrambles when i have the luck of them dropping....
[DE]Sapointed again on another "event"

I decided to ignore the journals. I was like well I want the hunter mods, since I missed the previous event. I've played the ghould bounties dozens of times and no gold hunter mods yet. I know they're cheap to buy from another player. But my God. I should be able to play the mission to get it. Literally impossible.

Now imagine that the Encrypted fragments droprate is higher than planned by [DE].

In the official droptable, there is a common 100 endo reward, but it has a 0% droprate which is considered a known issue. Well, I certainly am glad that it's 0 else it would mean even less fragments and relics.

Le 30/12/2017 à 14:29, EdwardHowton a dit :

I can't, because it's almost always cephalon fragments. And that's when you can actually find them, which is why FOUR HOURS because you have to look in EVERY! SINGLE! ROOM! EVERY! SINGLE! TIME!

I'm a bit surprised by this. I mean, with Thief's wit and Animal instinct you will detect the cephalon / somachord fragment simply while completing the mission most of the time (excavation & survival excluded due to their size). If you add Loot detector, it should be close to 100%. While it may not be part of your usual build, it does not sound like a bad idea if you're specifically hunting for fragments.

7½ hours of non-stop bounties at around 10min/bounty and not a single journal fragment. If the journal fragments were dropping at the same rate as the Hunter Munitions mods or the Stubba blueprints I'd have been done on the 1st day or so, but now we are reaching the last few percent of the event, and I'm not even halfway through these journals with over 400 bounty runs in total ... (and that's only the ones I started counting) ... They really should have changed the journals to be a 100% drop in the final stage or something, especially since we needed so many of them. Even at 100% drop rate, that'd be 52 runs minimum needed just to complete the lore they added :/

8 hours ago, SubtleOaf said:

I'm a bit surprised by this. I mean, with Thief's wit and Animal instinct you will detect the cephalon / somachord fragment simply while completing the mission most of the time

But you never know if a side-room is going to lead to more rooms leading to more rooms with a fragment there, outside of the range. When I simply run through missions, I never find rare containers or ayatan sculptures either. Since the somachords came out, I found two rare containers and three sculptures, simply because I was exploring. Since I use Ivara and Animal instinct, I do see fragments on the map, but it's the branching path thing that lets you miss everything a whole bunch, and when something has a low drop rate, if you simply run through missions you can go years without seeing rare sights like the containers, but if you explore every room they seem to suddenly jump at you.

The most frustrating part of this event is that now that I've wasted an estimated 30 hours of playtime bashing my head against the aggravating sadistic idea of "fun" that DE seems to have and have listened to the journals, the quality of them makes me satisfied. As in, my brain is erasing the frustration and self-loathing and replacing it with that consumerist post-purchase satisfaction illusion that makes us not regret what we just did.

As I've said, DE needs to either stop doing events entirely, or figure out how to make them fun, because relying on a failure of how the human brain works to make us not loathe them as a company isn't going to work in their favor forever. I've already lost my urge to get 100% completion in everything because of their grindfest bullS#&$, so it's all downhill from here.

Nearly pointless event.  I only get hunter mods, BPs for the 2 new weaps that I already crafted and aren't worth anything but selling for credits because they are easily obtained, and relics (don't get me wrong, I like relics, but 4 of the same relic and no journal fragments?)

At this point I don't care to complete the journal because I CAN'T GET ANY FRAGMENTS IN THE LAST 5 TIMES I'VE TRIED.  Really hope there's no benefit to the journals, because I'm going to miss out thanks to this HORRID loot coding.  Like seriously DE, get it together..... Why does this game have to be so grindey and then you can't even give us a break on shiz like this and fix your loot.  Here's an idea, if one particular reward is given, how about for the remainder of the 1-3 missions left in the run the chance for the same subsequent drop goes to.... ~4%?  Can still get dupes, but not GUARANTEED like it is now.  Do I REALLY need 16 hunters recovery between 2 events within a month of each other?

Rewards are either impossible to get or overpriced for their gain.... when will you get events/event loot correct?  Thanks for trying, but you missed the mark...  Don't come at event loot like a business, come at it from a gamer's PoV, then dial is back a little..... sure we all want it easy when we play, yet challenging... start with easy then turn it back..... don't start with crap and leave it at crap.

"Let's have an impossibly stupid loot system and throw more stuff in there that people might be interested in, but now can't get because the coding is SO BAD"...  I'm not saying I can personally do better, but damn, someone can I'm sure.  Every time an event pops up I almost get ready to walk away from the game until it's past because I know it's just going to be aggravation.  As a primarily solo player they are sometimes rougher than they need to be, so getting crappy rewards/repeat rewards is like a punch in the gut after having your face slapped for 20 minutes or more.

Thanks, but no thanks... please make journals obtainable after... or have no actual benefit, as I personally am done with this event, and find it slightly unfair if I miss out because my loot rolls aren't as fortunate as someone who is a tad more willing, or actually has the spare time, to deal with this crap system.  I play when I can, which certainly isn't as much as many of the kids on this game, but it should've been enough to find out what the journals are saying in them, at the least.

I did the easier ghoul bounty 7 times today. Thats (7x4) 28 rewards. All I got were Lith T1 relics and Stubba BP`s split about 50/50. I didnt have this problem for the past 4 or 5 days but now this happens??? Yesterday I was getting 1 journal fragment per run most of the time (2 if i got lucky).

Am I the only one with this bug/luck or is there anybody out there who shares my problem? :sadcry:

4 minutes ago, Concentration said:

I did the easier ghoul bounty 7 times today. Thats (7x4) 28 rewards. All I got were Lith T1 relics and Stubba BP`s split about 50/50. I didnt have this problem for the past 4 or 5 days but now this happens??? Yesterday I was getting 1 journal fragment per run most of the time (2 if i got lucky).

Am I the only one with this bug/luck or is there anybody out there who shares my problem? :sadcry:

Think I have 3 journals parts, period.  Can't bring myself to try for more, tired of hunter mods/bps/relics

Ghouls not appearing at the gravesites, was the only bug I've encountered. However, this meant I auto-failed the current bounty. 

That being said, the RNG drop chance was TOO low. I could run the Ghoul bounties for hours, without getting a lore fragment drop. The event/alert is currently at 94%, and there's just no way I can gain the rest in a reasonable amount of time (have a life).

If DE follows through in making Ghoul bounties as alerts, I hope these lore fragments come back.

:meridian::redveil:

I dunno what's up, but during the beginning of my runs of the ghoul bounties, i have like two and pairs of fragments in 5 out of 10 runs of low ghoul bounties.

But now? i think the codex section was at 40% or something, I only get 1 out of 12, and that's including both bounties (high and low).

Really hope DE noticed this or bring this back periodically, like seriously why grind the lore?? almost served no purpose except for Story Hungry Players (I'm one of them and probably so are you thats why we're complaining.)

I think I ran these bounties 132 times in three days in order to get all the lore entries and scans.

Partly my fault because I didn't think the event had anything important at first but that left me with little more than three days left to grind hardcore.

Even if I had started earlier I would still have to run over 130 bounties that bugged out 15% of the time.

Also my fingers actually started to hurt after a while because of all of the bullet jumps I had to do.

Sure, I could have used my archwing more but that just feels like a waste for 500m (or less) distances. Seriously though, all that fish oil...

Yeah I realy wanted those Lore fragments but they where so rare that it felt immposspble to get them all or just one complete without playing it all the time...

and yeah not much of an event at that, cool with some new enemies but thats about it...