Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cernos prime...

Luc1fer16

Looks good(by far the prettiest bow)

Sounds good 

the split shot looks like a cool thing

BUT

The split shot dmg is crap,with 0 formas can barely hold against hydron enemies,they need to rework it to make all the arrows do the base dmg instead of the S#&$ split,worst bow in the game by far...

It ain't the worst, Mutualist Cernos and Cernos, Paris, Mk Paris say hi, but it ain't the best either. Dread, Rakta Cernos, Daikuu, Lenz are way above it. 

If at least it would have functioned like Artemis and allowed vertical shots is could have been a little bit better, but the spread is too high to be able to do significant damage from mid - long range. 

Edited by aligatorno

Mine shoots like 12 arrows a time with 6 forma i think.

Its very fun, but it lacks damage. The damage is divided by the amount of arrows, so you will need to land all arrows on the target to deal maximum damage, which isnt that great, even with this riven i got: 

yr7MpW5.png

Would be nice if cernos prime got buffed in some way...

1 hour ago, soshootso said:

Mine shoots like 12 arrows a time with 6 forma i think.

Its very fun, but it lacks damage. The damage is divided by the amount of arrows, so you will need to land all arrows on the target to deal maximum damage, which isnt that great, even with this riven i got: 

yr7MpW5.png

Would be nice if cernos prime got buffed in some way...

Yeah, Like a single arrow alt fire! Been asking for this for awhile. 

had something like 80 likes. And the Valkyr trailer just made me want it more. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

5 hours ago, aligatorno said:

It ain't the worst, Mutualist Cernos and Cernos, Paris, Mk Paris say hi, but it ain't the best either. Dread, Rakta Cernos, Daikuu, Lenz are way above it. 

If at least it would have functioned like Artemis and allowed vertical shots is could have been a little bit better, but the spread is too high to be able to do significant damage from mid - long range. 

Aligatorno managed to sum this up pretty well.  

18 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Pst, use Mag with it.

LOL.  Think about that for a few seconds and then laugh.  :D    On the serious side though, I really have tried to find a use for the Cernos Prime in my arsenal of bows.  Each time it was outclassed by another of my bows including the Mutalyst Cernos.  I've just come to accept that it was made to satisfy a group of players that wanted a completely inferior version of Artemis Bow without using Ivara.  Which is itself ironic in that the one frame that can truly bring out the hidden power of the Cernos Prime is also the frame that doesn't need it at all.  

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

LOL.  Think about that for a few seconds and then laugh.  :D    On the serious side though, I really have tried to find a use for the Cernos Prime in my arsenal of bows.  Each time it was outclassed by another of my bows including the Mutalyst Cernos.  I've just come to accept that it was made to satisfy a group of players that wanted a completely inferior version of Artemis Bow without using Ivara.  Which is itself ironic in that the one frame that can truly bring out the hidden power of the Cernos Prime is also the frame that doesn't need it at all.  

I mean I was semi joking, it is hilarious to see all arrows from Cernos Prime collide into a head shot point. Still too slow of a fire speed for my taste though.

11 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

it is hilarious to see all arrows from Cernos Prime collide into a head shot point.

Hehe, now just imagine 14 arrows doing the same thing.  It's just a shame I don't meet enough Mag players (unless I'm playing her) in game to use this combo more.  

That said, I do agree with the OP on the Cernos Prime looks and sound.  I'm just sad that such a beautiful bow isn't more than a polished turd.  Hopefully DE will make me really happy and release the Daikyu Prime soon.  :D

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

Will be even better once i get primed shred.

Speed Trigger is still better than Primed Shred on bows.  Primed Shred has slightly less speed boost and the punchthru isn't needed on any of the bows because they have it innately.  

6 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

so if it has equal dmg, then what’s the difference with a bow with multishot? Or Artemis bow? 

That's the thing.  It's spread effects it's damage without having the multiple arrows that Artemis Bow has to compensate.  This leaves huge gaps at range.  To get the full damage of the Bow you must be up close so more or all of the arrows hit.  Which isn't something most want to have to do with a bow or can do effectively without endangering themselves.  

Even though I love all bows, when looking at it with this knowledge I would just recommend using a shotgun instead.  This is why I said the frame (Ivara) that can utilize it to it's fullest without any drawbacks doesn't need it.  This isn't to say that it isn't useful in any way.  Just that it's hard to find a good place for it as a serious weapon instead of just a fun to use weapon.  :D  

19 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

That's the thing.  It's spread effects it's damage without having the multiple arrows that Artemis Bow has to compensate.  This leaves huge gaps at range.  To get the full damage of the Bow you must be up close so more or all of the arrows hit.  Which isn't something most want to have to do with a bow or can do effectively without endangering themselves.  

Even though I love all bows, when looking at it with this knowledge I would just recommend using a shotgun instead.  This is why I said the frame (Ivara) that can utilize it to it's fullest without any drawbacks doesn't need it.  This isn't to say that it isn't useful in any way.  Just that it's hard to find a good place for it as a serious weapon instead of just a fun to use weapon.  :D  

And all weapons need to be serious because? This is a game, having fun is the objective....I don’t think DE created twin grakatas to make them a serious OP weapon, but it’s one of the most fun ones out there.....plus you can cosplay Clem 

cernos p is the same thing, it has a place in the game but it’s not for everyone, that’s what fun weps are made for. Personally I have no pronlem getting in close with enemies just to stick a few arrows into them and watch them fly 20m away 

it’s even release with Valkyr prime, the embodiment of a melee frame, meaning it’s to be used with that sorta builds. If the spread is a problem, then mod for it, easy as that....with the usual builds you have 1 slot for personal preference, people go blades rounds or something, you go for the accuracy acolyt mod. Problem solved

what if I want to go close range but don’t wanna use a shotgun, or don’t have the mods for them.....this game is all about choices, some might be better than others but they all do the job. If not, we’ll all be seeing tigris primes, akstilleto primes and atteraxs with every player 

I did say the following in the weapon's defense:

45 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

This isn't to say that it isn't useful in any way.  Just that it's hard to find a good place for it as a serious weapon instead of just a fun to use weapon.  :D  

:D

Edit:  Also the only things that effects the spread of the Cernos Prime are multishot mods which have it maxing out at 5 arrows(without a multishot riven).  My critiques of it are all from modding it to compensate for all of that.  Heck, I even put 2 forma and a riven into it just to be completely fair in my comparisons with other bows.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
added content and grammar

It really need somethign done to it.

I would say have primary fire be a 3 shot burst and secondary be split like it currently is.

That will allwo people who like the current bow to be able to still use it as it se and allow everyone else a reason to use it.

Other than that a lower reload time would be nice.

Edited by Brorelia

I like it with the Hunter Munitions mod  but even then it feels a tad underpowered for for Sortie-level content. 

I really like the look of it and the idea of it but it could use a bit of a boost and I really like the alt-fire single arrow idea. 

Might just have to try for a decent riven mod.