Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC Players: Controller or M/KB?

Lattymoy

shouldn't it be similar to the way we play on ps4? look, half of you pc players may call us peasants but the only thing that divides us are our platform's capabilities and way of controlling it. I prefer controllers because they're more compact and I find that I end up doing things faster and easier with them.

and I forgot, can't you hook a keyboard up to a ps4?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

shouldn't it be similar to the way we play on ps4? look, half of you pc players may call us peasants but the only thing that divides us are our platform's capabilities and way of controlling it. I prefer controllers because they're more compact and I find that I end up doing things faster and easier with them.

Nobody said anything to insinuate one was better than the other. I don't see why you got defensive.

On Topic: KB+M. Any binding setup for any controller I have tried to play Warframe with has just felt unnatural. It's likely because I'm so used to the KB+M controls.

1 minute ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

It comes down to the mouse, not the keyboard. The mouse is way more precise than a controller ever will be, and with the immense dpi varieties out there for mice, probably a lot faster as well. You aim faster, you shoot more accurately, you kill quicker. That's why PC players will always obliterate console players in shooters. The mouse is just a better control method for aiming.

As for the thread, yeah, I'm also using mouse and keyboard. Never played a shooter with a controller. I'm terrible on mkb as is, I'll probably kill nothing if I switch to a controller.

Didn't mean for any arguments to arise from this. It's a fact that the KB/M combo is more precise than using a controller. Luckily this game is PvE oriented, so using a controller shouldn't make other players steer away from whomever is using a controller.

2 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

It comes down to the mouse, not the keyboard. The mouse is way more precise than a controller ever will be, and with the immense dpi varieties out there for mice, probably a lot faster as well. You aim faster, you shoot more accurately, you kill quicker. That's why PC players will always obliterate console players in shooters. The mouse is just a better control method for aiming.

As for the thread, yeah, I'm also using mouse and keyboard. Never played a shooter with a controller. I'm terrible on mkb as is, I'll probably kill nothing if I switch to a controller.

I think its kinda the opposite, and the only reason you would prolly play poorly while using a controller is because you don't know your way around it yet just like I am with key boards.

nah im not getting defensive over anything im just saying that in regards to functionality pc and consoles are nearly identical. 

I mean but that factually is untrue. A PC has more versatility, runs more smoothly, is cheaper to be repaired, can be upgraded relatively easily, has the option to attach any kind of controller to it. Even Wiimotes.

The only thing consoles have over PC that PC will likely never have is some exclusives. Those exclusives are the reasons I buy the consoles though.

2 minutes ago, Pent_ said:

I mean but that factually is untrue. A PC has more versatility, runs more smoothly, is cheaper to be repaired, can be upgraded relatively easily, has the option to attach any kind of controller to it. Even Wiimotes.

The only thing consoles have over PC that PC will likely never have is some exclusives. Those exclusives are the reasons I buy the consoles though.

I meant with controls in game

I already know that in performance pc is a lot better with that stuff.

Edited by (PS4)i7081277

I think its kinda the opposite, and the only reason you would prolly play poorly while using a controller is because you don't know your way around it yet just like I am with key boards.

I disagree. Shooters are the only genre I do not play with a controller. I mostly use a controller for other genres, and tend to be quite competitive in racing simulators, even against players driving on a proper wheel setup. I believe I do know my way around a controller. But, in general, the shooter genre is a very weak genre for me, so, mouse and keyboard or controller, I'll probably be very bad at them. It's just that the mouse is more precise, which kinda makes up for my lack of skill, rather than having to learn the skill of being precise on a controller.

Have you seen those CS:GO or other competitive shooter games where they hit the enemy head 0.2 seconds after they spotted them? It's like that, there is no way to react fast enough with a controller. 

Even though WF is no where near that level of competitiveness, your performance will be much higher with a mouse (unless you have like 0 mouse aiming experience).

14 minutes ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

I prefer controllers because they're more compact and I find that I end up doing things faster and easier with them.

This is my reason for using controller on PC.  That and comfort.

12 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

The mouse is way more precise than a controller ever will be, and with the immense dpi varieties out there for mice, probably a lot faster as well. You aim faster, you shoot more accurately, you kill quicker.

This here doesn't take into consideration a couple of things.  Most in Warframe tend to use shotguns where aiming and precision isn't needed.  Second thing that is overlooked is that controllers generally give better character movement/mobility than KB+mouse.  This has been proven in the same ways that Mouse aiming was.  So, it's just as well known.  

So knowing that controllers give better mobility and that most use shotguns in Warframe, who's really at a disadvantage here.  :smile:  Devil's Advocate here.  

Now, I really believe that it's really player comfort as to which is better regardless of the rants of Input method fanbois.  

12 minutes ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

I used to play all my games on consoles and played more than my share of CoD using controller plus some Battlefield. I was decent with a controller and in general mice just feel so much more natural than analog sticks for aiming. With a mouse if you want to move a certain distace, you move your mouse a certain distance... with sticks, you push in a direction for an amount of time. That alone should tell you which is more precise, and precision is key to aiming.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

That is your personal preference though, statistically and through so much study, it has been proven keyboard and mouse players do outplay controller users with speed, accuracy and more.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

well I guess that if you have a proper mouse pad and a non-shaky hand you can do anything.

but shooters are a lot different from racing games.

This is true for a shooter.

Too bad Warframe ain't exactly CS:GO or anything alike.

Tenno, pipe down for a second and please consider the following things :

1. Warframe's pride is it's movement system. While It pains me to say it as a PC user that uses KBD+Mouse, doing a backflip in mid air is a painful task for KBD (it is enter bullet jump + aim + tap shift + tap direction which will most likely make you fall on your bum instead of doing the desired backfliip in most scenarios).
2. One of the most efficient ways of killing enemies for the last 2 years is melee, which has absolutely nothing to do with mad aiming skills.
3. You don't need mad aiming skills for triggering warframe powers too.
4. P2P laughs upon your petty squabble about fast reaction times.
5. The "top" tier weapons in the game right now do not rely on precise aiming.
6. The "top" tier weapons in the game right now that do rely on precise aiming (snipers and stuff) are not a go to in Co OP horde mode.
7. In solo play your movement abilities are a lot more important than landing consecutive headshots with your Soma prime.

So...

Warframe a shooter? In a very loose sense of the world. Warframe as an "A third-person, co-op focused action game at its core" - Yes. Hell DE says it themself.

PS: Don't know what lucid dreams about Warframe being shooter you have, when your aim is blocked by 40-50% of a frame body, unless you are in aim glide.

Edited by phoenix1992

Controller. the game feels way more comfortable to me on a controller and i love the controller rumble when shooting. It feels more satisfying to squeeze a trigger to shoot than clicking a button. To me its more intuitive and immersive. 

I feel like KB&M holds back this game. The action would have been so much smoother with Ninja Gaiden console-esque controls. again, just my opinion. 

i only prefer K&M for strategy games...and ARMA 3.

Edited by Hypernaut1

Just now, Hypernaut1 said:

Controller. the game feels way more comfortable to me on a controller and i love the controller rumble when shooting. It feels more satisfying to squeeze a trigger to shoot than clicking a button. To me its more immersive. 

I feel like KB&M holds back this game. The action would have been so much smoother with Ninja Gaiden console-esque controls. again, just my opinion. 

i only prefer K&M for strategy games...and ARMA 3.

The rumble is one of the biggest things for me I love the feedback.