Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abilities that make you go Argh!

AreeSoothsayer

On 1/21/2018 at 8:55 AM, Hypernaut1 said:

I hate Nekros undead. I always end up wasting half a magazine on them until I realize they aren't taking damage. I wish they had more of an ethereal appearance

8 hours ago, Kjahla81 said:

Nekros 4 on a Rad sortie. 

Complete mayhem.

On 1/21/2018 at 7:21 PM, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Nekros' 4 and Limbo's 4 and passive roll void activation.

They are both equally annoying to me.

The first makes it hard to know who is who and wastes my bullets.

The second makes guns useless and time and time again makes enemies invulnerable if I enter into the void by just running behind Limbo.

Sorry about the Nekros stuff with shooting the undead(that’s why I always try to use a vibrant color like something from the infected pallet)

Anyways back on the topic as a Nekros player his 1 ability(Soul Punch) is an awful ability and needs some kind of change

(Shameless plug but if anyone wants to discuss more on this I have a post talking about it that I just made)

Frost's globe and Limbo... just Limbo altogether just infuriate me to no end. It's hard to play around the bubbles, as for starters, they do more to protect the enemy from my damage if I'm shooting from the outside than they help. It's like I have to work against them in order to get anything done. I'd have no problem with the former were we allowed to shoot through the globe, in the same way we can shoot through Atlas' rock wall. 

Parkour simulator Ember

lvl 100 Juggernaut summoner Ember

Revive plz Ember

Epilepsy Octavia

Slowva Defense

Chaos Defense Nyx

I cast chaos on my teammates Nekros

I never pop my bubbles Frost

1000 hours in and I still haven't changed my starter frame Excalibur

Guns are bad Trinity

Bio break Banshee

Oddly enough, Limbo doesn't bother me. Probably because I'm an Atlas main and Landslide punches you in every dimension! :D

11 hours ago, MuscleBeach said:

1000 hours in and I still haven't changed my starter frame Excalibur

Guns are bad Trinity

Bio break Banshee

Okay i need some explaining here.

Whats the problem with the first?

Are the second is the same as the guys who think that caster frames should never use weapons?

What is the third? The quaker banshee?

Nothing is wrong with any of them as they're all a part of the game and working as intended.

The guy who brings Excalibur to a Spy mission and doesn't hack anything and just runs around killing things or tries to spy and fails it for everybody on sorties because he likes seeing his sonic booms all day. This could be any frame but people love their Excaliburs. 

Yes, trinitys that do nothing but press 2 and 4. Spamming them is overkill and no longer contributing to anything (except in LOR). Kill stuff, I'm always built to be self-sufficient in the first place so it's only exaggerated for me. Few things bother me more than seeing 0% damage on the final screen. I picked public to play with people. It's not totally their fault though. I acknowledge people like to play pure support and there's nothing wrong with that. Warframe just doesn't have very many opportunities for it to be needed.  

Yes, Sound Quake Banshee. I'd actually like to see one outside of a defense mission for once. At least Mesa appears in most mission types. 

I have one more to add to me list:

Suicide bomber Equinox. 

Running around with maim and it popping off when he dies and having to constantly revive. This one is not as common. 

Volt speed...short duration...

Just... This is why i keep coming back.

10 second base duration. Same duration rhinos roar used to have, and if you remember, no amount of modding ever made that duration better. If you were camping with a rhino for roar, they casted the ability constantly, not because of laziness but because of shil duration. 

The amount of sacrifice you would have to make to get speed a decent duration would wreck any other build you are trying to go for.

A maxed out primed continuity gives 16 second, which in game still leaves you pushing the ability every 10 seconds or so because no one can always keep an eye on the timer in game while fighting.

The abilities duration is so short that it might as well be a passive effect of another ability. A dream come true would be drain over time.

Back flipping out of speed is the most short sighted, brain dead, half axed, poorly thought out excuse for an idea on how to implement a mechanic for getting out of an ability that lasts for 10 seconds at base and requires at leats 6 casts just to last 1 minute.

Question: is it unreasonable to want to use speed continually for 1 minute in theory (60 seconds) when other frames with their abilities (tiatinia) have buffs (rhino) that last longer? Do you know what it takes to even get speed to 30 seconds? No augments or no survivability mods are a given, or both. 

But DE does what they want. And people complain about Volt because they want to. The ability should not be shared.

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
Edit

48 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Question: is it unreasonable to want to use speed continually for 1 minute in theory (60 seconds) when other frames with their abilities (tiatinia) have buffs (rhino) that last longer? Do you know what it takes to even get speed to 30 seconds? No augments or no survivability mods are a given, or both. 

But DE does what they want. And people complain about Volt because they want to. The ability should not be shared.

No it's not unreasonable. 25 Energy cast with 5 energy / s drain (you have to make it more expensive than 2.5 energy/s because duration now also reduces the energy cost). You now have a channel skill (and all the flaws that come with having a channel skill activated) that probably costs more every 10 seconds but you don't have to spam. Add in a back-flip to opt out mechanic if it doesn't exist already. Or double duration and double cost. This is worth having its own thread though. 

1 hour ago, MuscleBeach said:

No it's not unreasonable. 25 Energy cast with 5 energy / s drain (you have to make it more expensive than 2.5 energy/s because duration now also reduces the energy cost). You now have a channel skill (and all the flaws that come with having a channel skill activated) that probably costs more every 10 seconds but you don't have to spam. Add in a back-flip to opt out mechanic if it doesn't exist already. Or double duration and double cost. This is worth having its own thread though. 

Oh....its had its own thread...multiple times..iv lost time off my lifespan writing posts about this. Now i just hang out and upvote good posts and get triggered when someone says something about volt as if its the players fault we have been saying for the past 2 years is not.

war cry.

no, i'm serious. i hate the ability when i receive it(one of my...."friends"...ahem...."mains" valkyr and will go out of his way to get everyone together so he can cast it on us, if i'm rocking my claws and slicing enemies....i don't need it. also, i already use p.fury. i'd like to actually be able to control my attack animations thank you.) it's absurd since as stated, i build my venka prime for my hysteria and primed fury is involved(hysteria's attack speed is horrible.) and doubling my attack speed makes it impossible for me to not cringe as my valkyr prime starts spasming without reason.

i also hate getting random speed casts unless i actually ask.

ok to everyone who says they dont like volt's speed power being applied to them, i understand your frustration. but to those of you who say it shouldnt be a thing... he is an electricity themed warframe, by that stereotype alone, he should be able to move far faster (honestly i dont know why he doesnt have the highest base sprint speed out of all the warframes).

on the topic of the post?  there arent very  many powers i hate recieving 

On 1/21/2018 at 2:53 AM, GeoffFromAccounting said:

I've never understood the hate for Volt's Speed, and this is coming from someone who's been both on the giving and receiving end of it.

Once Volt Speed gets over 200% total power strength (bit less or more depending on the frames base sprint modifier), you start getting glitched into objects, ram into walls with every mobility combo (ESPECIALLY on claws and scythes) or slide attack and makes all but tap bullet jumping insanely slippery to use. Essentially, the bonus dps gets wasted/is dps reduction because attacks can actually miss now.

On 1/21/2018 at 10:12 AM, AreeSoothsayer said:

Some of us don't have the mental reflexes to be able to handle the speed. Add in some melee stances that jump, dive and sweep in foreward directions. When volt kicks in those normal moves turn into out of control launches.

MFing Gaia's Tragedy stance on fists is already hectic with those flings...

On 1/25/2018 at 2:58 AM, (Xbox One)Neon Lights9212 said:

ok to everyone who says they dont like volt's speed power being applied to them, i understand your frustration. but to those of you who say it shouldnt be a thing... he is an electricity themed warframe, by that stereotype alone, he should be able to move far faster (honestly i dont know why he doesnt have the highest base sprint speed out of all the warframes).

on the topic of the post?  there arent very  many powers i hate recieving 

DE did for a while try a number of balances like making a coil that would float in place for u to opt in to but for the people that were ok with it it was annoying to run back to grab it and dimished its power further, tbh im no the side of not having it around since the speed makes the game hectic (in the bad way)

Well, one of the main abilities that drives me mad is hydroid's puddle.

I mean, god damn it! IT'S A DEFENSE MISSION WITH LVL 40 ENEMIES, JUST GET OUT OF THE PUDDLE AND LET ME KILL THEM!

Another one is nova's slow, expecially when leveling weapons or warframes. THe xp is slower and less, and while we have less trouble defending the objective, the xp losses are too much.

Least but not least, mag's magnetize bubble. Those who make a ginormous bubble turn what could be my next kill into a never-ending bullet spin, making the enemy literally invulnerable, and I have to wait, PATIENTLY (GOD DAMN IT MAG!), till the bubble disapears, so I can kill him.

Maxed out Volt speed buffs when I use a melee weapon or combo with a lot of innate movement. AKA "no game, I just want to punch that enemy 2m in front of me, please don't make me faceplant into a wall 15m away"

Edited by DFDelta