Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we broaden our weaponry horizon?

(PSN)Xali_al-saachezX

We have more than 300 weapons in this game and while most of them are part of the space ninja/shinobi theme, there are many more that also go into the COD mindsets...

And you want more?! 

But for a break down...  

The morning star is good..  We have a mace-hammer.  So this sort of makes sense. 

32 minutes ago, (PS4)SSXBIGGS28 said:

A high tech short sword

We have an assortment of dagger/dirk/short sword sort of weapons.  Take your pick what you want to call them.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)SSXBIGGS28 said:

A kunai with chain

Kusarigama hasn't been made, but we do have several blade/chain weapons to choose from already.  I'm rather surprised that they didn't..  But I've been satisfied with the Mios.  

34 minutes ago, (PS4)SSXBIGGS28 said:

A bladed shield

Silva and Octantis seems to fit the bill here.  But I suspect you're wanting something shield exclusive.  I'm not sure it can be coded just yet though.

34 minutes ago, (PS4)SSXBIGGS28 said:

A yoyo

err...  you got this inspiration from a movie didn't you?  I'm with @Helch0rn on this one...  No..  just...  no...  

35 minutes ago, (PS4)SSXBIGGS28 said:

A light sabre type weapon

Plasma Sword.   Had that with the game since its inception.  Anything looking more like a lightsabre will definitely be a copyright infringement on LucasArts.  

36 minutes ago, (PS4)SSXBIGGS28 said:

A mace

Have these already...  the Magistar line of weapons are considered a mace.  

37 minutes ago, (PS4)SSXBIGGS28 said:

A macuahuitl

A.... what? After a quick google search this would be a bat with obsidian rocks sharpened to blades...  hmmm...  I'm surprised this hasn't made its way into the game.  This would be right up the alley of something Infested Oriented.  

38 minutes ago, (PS4)SSXBIGGS28 said:

Another battle axe

Like what specifically?  We have the Dual Zoren and the Scindo...  

And above all, you know that you don't need a contest to submit an idea to DE if you're modestly competent in drawing.  That's how we got the Tonfa line of weapons, the Jat Kusar...  just to name a couple off the top of my head.  

10 minutes ago, MBaldelli said:
54 minutes ago, (PS4)SSXBIGGS28 said:

Plasma Sword.   Had that with the game since its inception.  Anything looking more like a lightsabre will definitely be a copyright infringement on LucasArts.

actually i think on that case its merely the name "light saber" which is protected.   Sword Art Online mentioned a weapon called a "Photon Sword" which by the description is 100% a copy of the light saber and even in the anime looked almost the same, in that it was  handle which projected an energy blade and even used a very similar sound effect.

other than adding stuff into the game, stuff like splitting the assault rifle category into 3 categories, rifles, LMGS ans submachine guns would be nice, sub machine guns taking on alot more baza qualities, LMGs getting overheat damage, and a focus on sustained fire, and having very large magazines, over burst fire, and regular assault rifles. (maybe splitting it further by adding in a further class of rifle like a carbine that acts like the stratavar, but more interesting)

2 hours ago, (PS4)SSXBIGGS28 said:

List of weapons i think would be awsome in game 

A traditional mourning star

A high tech short sword

A kunai with chain

A bladed shield

A yoyo

A mace

A macuahuitl

Another battle axe

A lot of these aren't that unique. 

About the only one we don't have is a yoyo.  The rest are just stat and model variants of stuff we already have.

I'd be more interested in seeing the melee system get reworked to a light/heavy attack system, with sensible stances that have bigger effects on gameplay.

I got the yoyo inspiration from hunterxhunter specifically killua and one of his fight scenes (i forget which one) and i do sincerely think it would be a decent melee

The mace i'll edit out i had forgotten we have three of those

The kunai with chain i dont even care if they make it a weapon but at least make it a skin for mios, lacera, atterax etc

https://imgur.com/gallery/hBwFV this is the battle axe i was talking about something like it not exactly that one

Edited by (PS4)SSXBIGGS28

10 hours ago, Jorak_Falconstar said:

actually i think on that case its merely the name "light saber" which is protected.   Sword Art Online mentioned a weapon called a "Photon Sword" which by the description is 100% a copy of the light saber and even in the anime looked almost the same, in that it was  handle which projected an energy blade and even used a very similar sound effect.

True...   However, I'm thinking more about the transition from George Lucas to Disney and I would prefer not to push luck with that.  While Sword Art Online did come out after the Disney/LucasArts acquisition, and there has been some sort of weapon similar to the Lightsabre dating back to the Vibro Sword in Gamma World in 1978...  The fact remains that Warframe has had something similar since it's inception with the Plasma Sword.  

Oh, and after posting this -- I went looking...  This is an article since the acquisition that seems to show there might be more of a problem than you're thinking. 

Personally I would strongly urge a revamp of something already in the game, than throwing something new in to the plethora of weapons already available to the Tenno.  Why create something new when there's already a laundry list of weapons that need more loving for the job of killing millions of pixels a year.  

Like the Cycron for example...  (That comes readily to mind).  

6 hours ago, (PS4)SSXBIGGS28 said:

https://imgur.com/gallery/hBwFV this is the battle axe i was talking about something like it not exactly that one

Interesting.  Not sure about the dragon though, but I'm sure that something can be done to futurize the weapon..  Or can this simply be a skin as they did with the Dominion Heavy Blade? You know like the Scindo Dagger Axe Skin

Edited by MBaldelli
additional information on copyright and lawsuits.

Out of all that, the thing I would vote for is freaking chains!!! Bruh nehza would make an excellent ghost rider imo, make him a sorta simular skin and then the new chain weapon!!!! YEA BUDDY!!! And ghost rider is already playful-like with his enemies cause he's a demon that enjoys causing chaos. 

But I'd be okay without the skin tho, just bring on the freakin chains!!!! Maybe make them slower than whips, heavier in damage, with a different stance. Omg I could even put fire on them!!! No offense guy that ghost rider is attached to but HELL YEA!

Other than that though, I 98% agree with Mbaldelli.

Edited by (PS4)Ghost--00--

On 1/28/2018 at 5:21 AM, MBaldelli said:

True...   However, I'm thinking more about the transition from George Lucas to Disney and I would prefer not to push luck with that.  While Sword Art Online did come out after the Disney/LucasArts acquisition, and there has been some sort of weapon similar to the Lightsabre dating back to the Vibro Sword in Gamma World in 1978...  The fact remains that Warframe has had something similar since it's inception with the Plasma Sword.  

Oh, and after posting this -- I went looking...  This is an article since the acquisition that seems to show there might be more of a problem than you're thinking. 

Personally I would strongly urge a revamp of something already in the game, than throwing something new in to the plethora of weapons already available to the Tenno.  Why create something new when there's already a laundry list of weapons that need more loving for the job of killing millions of pixels a year.  

Like the Cycron for example...  (That comes readily to mind).  

Interesting.  Not sure about the dragon though, but I'm sure that something can be done to futurize the weapon..  Or can this simply be a skin as they did with the Dominion Heavy Blade? You know like the Scindo Dagger Axe Skin

Wouldn't be hard for them to have an agreement with lucasfilm/Disney about having a lightsaber themed skin for skanas. They would just want a large cut of the profits. Would be worth it imo.

Also, excals exalted blade would be a great skin for straight swords in the game if they didn't want to do something so close to a lightsaber

3 minutes ago, shoopypit said:

Wouldn't be hard for them to have an agreement with lucasfilm/Disney about having a lightsaber themed skin for skanas. They would just want a large cut of the profits. Would be worth it imo.

Also, excals exalted blade would be a great skin for straight swords in the game if they didn't want to do something so close to a lightsaber

DE isn't the only corporation with control of the Warframe pie.  Or did you forget this with Excalibur Umbra?

Edited by MBaldelli

1 minute ago, MBaldelli said:

DE isn't the only corporation with control of the Warframe pie.  Or did you forget this with Excalibur Umbra?

Irrelevant. There are already skin exclusives through other partners, like twitch and steam. This wouldn't really be any different

1 minute ago, shoopypit said:

Irrelevant. There are already skin exclusives through other partners, like twitch and steam. This wouldn't really be any different

Do any of these require copyright with another company outside of Warframe?  Because Steam Partnerships have agreements in place between DE/PerfectWorlds and the makers of these items.  And Twitch has agreements with DE/PerfectWorlds to be able to allow these products to be used in conjunction to watching warframe streams to be picked up by viewers that play the game.  However, those aren't copyrights, those are agreements. 

I am not a lawyer, I admit, but you seem to be playing this looser than even my common sense dictates. 

3 minutes ago, MBaldelli said:

Do any of these require copyright with another company outside of Warframe?  Because Steam Partnerships have agreements in place between DE/PerfectWorlds and the makers of these items.  And Twitch has agreements with DE/PerfectWorlds to be able to allow these products to be used in conjunction to watching warframe streams to be picked up by viewers that play the game.  However, those aren't copyrights, those are agreements. 

I am not a lawyer, I admit, but you seem to be playing this looser than even my common sense dictates. 

I'm not sure what your argument is. You're saying they can't make an agreement with Disney because... Disney owns the copyright? I still don't see how it's relevant. 

5 minutes ago, shoopypit said:

I'm not sure what your argument is. You're saying they can't make an agreement with Disney because... Disney owns the copyright? I still don't see how it's relevant. 

Might I suggest you study the difference between an agreement held by one company that owns the copyrights on everything involving their product and an agreement between two companies where the copyright is owned by another company outside of the product.  This might help you understand that it's not as easy as you think it should be.  

39 minutes ago, MBaldelli said:

Might I suggest you study the difference between an agreement held by one company that owns the copyrights on everything involving their product and an agreement between two companies where the copyright is owned by another company outside of the product.  This might help you understand that it's not as easy as you think it should be.  

Ah. Thanks for the explanation. Never meant to make it sound like an easy process, only possible. I thought you were saying it was not possible, not just unlikely. 

I still think making excals exalted blade an alt skin for swords would be simple, and scratch the itch for star wars nerds.