Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Much needed buff

ConzyFTW

25 minutes ago, ConzyFTW said:

Anyone else think the Corinth is really in need of a buff? I mean, it’s completely useless because it doesn’t proc status like the Tigris prime. It is a decent weapon, however it really could have a lot more status and or damage. 

Just the fact that u said "completely useless" tells me enough about u. 

28 minutes ago, ConzyFTW said:

Anyone else think the Corinth is really in need of a buff? I mean, it’s completely useless because it doesn’t proc status like the Tigris prime. It is a decent weapon, however it really could have a lot more status and or damage. 

I killed about 15 enemies in a single shot with the Corinth in the current sortie 3 "shotgun only" mission. I like to see you do that with the Tigris Prime.

1 minute ago, rune_me said:

I killed about 15 enemies in a single shot with the Corinth in the current sortie 3 "shotgun only" mission. I like to see you do that with the Tigris Prime.

Did you use a Riven for that?

Also, the OP isn't wrong that the Corinth's primary fire is weaker than the Tigris P. The secondary fire is another class of its own and of course really powerful.

If the enemies were lined up nicely, actually destroying a whole group with the Tigris P is very possible.

Corinth's fire-modes make it more than a suitable contender to Tigris Prime. It's also Hunter Munitions-viable (as long as IPS 2.5 doesn't mess with status damage calculation), unlike Tigris Prime. The only buff it needs is from a crit build. Don't expect every weapon to be status-viable without a crit-to-status mod which doesn't exist.

That reminds me: 6 mods I'd like to see, 4 of which are the same as the first two but for sidearms and melees.

Spoiler

1: Adds a large crit chance and damage boost, but converts a percent of crit chance to status.
2: Adds a large status chance and duration boost, but converts a percent ofstatus chance to crit.
Repeat for Secondaries and Melees.

...Or more mods like Hunter Munitions.

1 minute ago, Datam4ss said:

Did you use a Riven for that?

Also, the OP isn't wrong that the Corinth's primary fire is weaker than the Tigris P. The secondary fire is another class of its own and of course really powerful.

If the enemies were lined up nicely, actually destroying a whole group with the Tigris P is very possible.

No riven, no. Just it's secondary fire.

Yeah the Corinth is quite good, however it can’t damage enemies past level 80 without suffering, it simply doesn’t proc enough status to kill enemies well enough. It should be able to at least have punch through, or some more status. 

3 minutes ago, ConzyFTW said:

Yeah the Corinth is quite good, however it can’t damage enemies past level 80 without suffering, it simply doesn’t proc enough status to kill enemies well enough. It should be able to at least have punch through, or some more status. 

The fudge I'm one shotting enemies in sorties with my corinth.. Post your build so we can see what you're doing wrong if you're asking for a buff on the Corinth of all weapons

16 minutes ago, ConzyFTW said:

Not sure if I’m building it wrong, but it simply doesn’t feel all that powerful. Definitely could do with a lot more damage, or some punch through at the very least. 

Have a look at Brozimes build for Corinth, its actually insanely good.

**I dont usually refer people to watching a video on a build but it seems you could definitely use a few tips, and 'zimes corinth build was what I was rockin with until I got a riven

*********looking at your build, you shouldnt be having problems with level 80 enemies.

Edited by Giantconch

To be honest, the first time I used it, the Corinth gave me the impression of "on its way to nerf city".

I was expecting it to be nerfed balanced by now but I guess maybe I was wrong.

Still, I have not formaed it solely for this reason because most of the time, anything that gives me that impression does end up hit by the nerf hammer.

So, I don't really think DE is gonna buff it.

It's more likely that the opposite is gonna happen.

Sorry.

1 hour ago, ConzyFTW said:

currently have it modded with primed point Blank, primer ravage, electricity 90%, toxin 90%, blunderbuss, 120% multishot mod, hunter munitions and my riven with critical chance, critical damage and -weapon recoil. 

Then you're doing something wrong since I don't even have a riven and I'm already waiting for the nerf hammer to pay it a visit I have same build except have laser sight where you a riven

Edited by Sibernetika