Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orbiter Personal Quarters

Marrt

So finally the locked room in the Liset got a "purpose"

The first room was entirely dedicated for a single 5s story event, and now we got this useless room. Why would you not add some useful things to the Liset first? Things that improve quality of life.

• Like a link to the Simulacrum or a Quick-Simulacrum, where you can instantly test your build (without traveling to a station, teleporting to sanctuary, entering simulacrum, configuring enemies from zero every time)
  • Or a room where you can choose between your Loadout slots via quick-[x]-interaction-mannekins that help avoiding the tedious ui warframe has introduced at the console ui-holocaust

OR, idk, anything that has even the slightest real purpose would be better than what we have now. I like customization, but such a room should be purpose first, eye candy second.

Simulacrum won't happen, DE want you to hang out a the relays. Not saying I agree with that (I don't) but it's their game. They want you to socialize and show off your fashion frame to inspire some purchases.

And just the same, personal quarters were no doubt a huge success, I'm sure DE made a killing with all the cosmetics sold to decorate that room that I never go to.

Edited by Snib

10 minutes ago, Marrt said:

Like a link to the Simulacrum or a Quick-Simulacrum, where you can instantly test your build (without traveling to a station, teleporting to sanctuary, entering simulacrum, configuring enemies from zero every time)

They have recently said that it will not happen (IIRC it was during the dev workshop Saturday during idle chatter). They do not want to devalue the relays anymore than they already are.

How much of a socialize would there be when I FAST TRAVEL to simulacrum. 

If I am that much of a social creature I would be going to pubs and any other public gatherings 
instead of sitting in front of a computer and spend hundreds of hours grinding missions.

All the money spent on topping up for plats would have been on drinks instead.

It seems when designing features DE should also review what are the personalities of the players playing their game.

Simulacrum is very good for modding weapons, especially when you need to test out builds, having to load into simulacrum at relays has issues

1) you have no access to mod fusion there, so testing builds would require you to prepare the mods beforehand. 
Or you would need to note down a list of mods to fuse level up after you left the current testing.

2) Traveling to relay, entering simulacrum, leaving simulacrum, leaving relay. 
it would be better if I can simply enter Simulacrum from Orbiter, after all we spent 50k standing for the key.

A way to address this issue is simply allow a Simulacrum mode for Captura once you obtained the Simulacrum key. 
since spawning enemies in Captura is very much like Simulacrum,

except you are invincible with no HUD, and enemies getting shot wont have numbers floating around.

18 minutes ago, Kalvorax said:

They do not want to devalue the relays anymore than they already are.

What kind of logic is that? What did they say, this maybe:

"We want players to socialize and hang out in the relay, so we introduce a new Liset-room for players to hang out in alone. Also, we will never add a Simulacrum to the Liset because we want players to enter it through the relay, so they may see other players in the relay instance while they are fast traveling to the Simulacrum instance, in which they are alone"

They should have said

"We want to sell more plat"
which i am totally fine with, i've spend a decent amount of money on the game and i want it to thrive. But the Simulacrum would be a huge Quality Of Life improvement and the new room is a missed chance.

Edited by Marrt

I prefer what we have now. The stuff you mentioned can be put wherever in the orbiter, there is a lot of space for useful stuff. It's not like we need a whole room for a simulacrum teleport or whatever. Besides, they might expand the orbiter even further in the future.

1 hour ago, Marrt said:

So finally the locked room in the Liset got a "purpose"

The first room was entirely dedicated for a single 5s story event, and now we got this useless room. Why would you not add some useful things to the Liset first? Things that improve quality of life.

• Like a link to the Simulacrum or a Quick-Simulacrum, where you can instantly test your build (without traveling to a station, teleporting to sanctuary, entering simulacrum, configuring enemies from zero every time)
  • Or a room where you can choose between your Loadout slots via quick-[x]-interaction-mannekins that help avoiding the tedious ui warframe has introduced at the console ui-holocaust

OR, idk, anything that has even the slightest real purpose would be better than what we have now. I like customization, but such a room should be purpose first, eye candy second.

Fashionframe your ship, and make it a night club ^^ 

OH we so need a direct link to the Simulacrum from the Orbiter, tho I think it should just be something that is there not a decoration you need to place.

Unfortunately every time I think I've seen the idea get tossed around on a devstream the party line seems to be that they don't want to do that because it would take away from the Relays. Tho I personally feel that having to sit through four loading screens to use the simulacrum in no way adds to my gaming experience.

Edited by Oreades

I’m guessing that the Personal Quarters will have a reason once the Sacrifce Quest goes into our hands, same as the Helminth Room. A short-cut to go to the simulacrum won’t happen. Mainly because that would then make the relay useless if there was an actual short-cut.

1 hour ago, Kalvorax said:

They have recently said that it will not happen (IIRC it was during the dev workshop Saturday during idle chatter). They do not want to devalue the relays anymore than they already are.

Is it even possible to devalue them more? And...I realize it's not you or anyone here saying this, but the idea of "socializing" at the relay is just silly. 

I'd like a trading station on the orbiter; I'd also like a foundry in the Dojo. I'd also like a trophy room where I can - when I delete a weapon - have an image of it mounted on a plaque to show off to myself all the stuff I done did. 

18 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

I’m guessing that the Personal Quarters will have a reason once the Sacrifce Quest goes into our hands, same as the Helminth Room. A short-cut to go to the simulacrum won’t happen. Mainly because that would then make the relay useless if there was an actual short-cut.

Here is the thing tho, if holding the Simulacrum hostage is all the relays really have to offer..... then they need to reevaluate what they are doing with the relays. Give the relays a purpose for being beyond Baro day or the Ayatan quest, which is also 4 loading screens but at least you get an Ayatan.....

As it stands my last visit to the Simulacrum left me wanting to see all the relays blown up. Because then there would be no excuse to keep a useful tool locked behind an unnecessary number of loading screens for little other reason than to justify the Relays existence. 

7 hours ago, Marrt said:

What kind of logic is that? What did they say, this maybe:

"We want players to socialize and hang out in the relay, so we introduce a new Liset-room for players to hang out in alone. Also, we will never add a Simulacrum to the Liset because we want players to enter it through the relay, so they may see other players in the relay instance while they are fast traveling to the Simulacrum instance, in which they are alone"

They should have said

"We want to sell more plat"
which i am totally fine with, i've spend a decent amount of money on the game and i want it to thrive. But the Simulacrum would be a huge Quality Of Life improvement and the new room is a missed chance.

You are bending their word really hard there m8.

They don't "introduce new room" because they "want ppl to socialize", they introduce it because it's tie to the quest, every rooms in the lower deck is tied to a quest, that's enough of a reason for their existence, the room work just fine by itself since it's where you go to start the somatone music. and it's a better place to chill out than the operator room. (if not, why don't u ask DE to give the infested room more purpose instead?)

About the simulacrum, the statement of  it's a "missed chance" is also false, because if they ever want to do that, they could just add another button next to the "captura" button in our arsenal, they never needed to wait for the room to do that. DE been avoiding making simulacrum-orbiter connection for a long time now, not just recently. 

And the last part: Socializing was never related to the new room, without the room people still want to show off other parts of their orbiter to their friends, DE just happen to postpone the "invite ppl to your ship" function long enough so that they have more decorating option for the player (ie. the room fish tank and tencil) before they ship it. It's about customization, not socializing.

Edited by FireSegment

4 hours ago, FireSegment said:

They don't "introduce new room" because they "want ppl to socialize"

You missunderstand, That was my whole point, it is a contradiction,
if they really wanted to have more people at the relays, why would they create a solo-room that people enjoy hanging out in?

But i agree on the simulacrum part, why not just add it to the damn arsenal already? i have been asking since, i cant remember? And why cant the simulacrum not remember my last enemy selection?

18 minutes ago, Marrt said:

You missunderstand, That was my whole point, it is a contradiction,
if they really wanted to have more people at the relays, why would they create a solo-room that people enjoy hanging out in?

Except at the same time they added the option to invite people into your room to show it off.

13 hours ago, Marrt said:

Like a link to the Simulacrum or a Quick-Simulacrum, where you can instantly test your build (without traveling to a station, teleporting to sanctuary, entering simulacrum, configuring enemies from zero every time)

Anyone who plays this game wonders every time he visits Simulacrum why this isn't on our liset.

One more thing like that ,that bothered me is why we must go to Conclave room on relay and get offerings and not from our Conclave console in liset when we have same thing with syndicates console.Just mentioning this too...

As for Ikea room...I think its just bad.I too would of liked if it had something to do with game like some sort of lab or something more useful.It now looks like some 70's style,Studio 54 like room used for wasting platinum.

Y'all are acting like there is finite space in the Orbiter, that because of this room being added, something else is never going to get added to the ship. This was something simple to put together that lets people purchase cosmetics to customize the space.