Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When the hell is Meme Strike being nerf'd? I'm getting so sick of it, it literally is worse than Ember.

--TheGoodDoctorSloth.exe

There's plenty of ways for Maiming Strike to still be powerful without being the ridiculous cheese it is right now. Add a cooldown (or charge-up over time not using it) mechanic ala what happened to Telos Boltace, add a cap to the range, limit it to only hitting X enemies... It can still be a solid mod. It's just it being the go-to Spin to Win blender mod that's the issue.

(For the quaint fellows that have been throwing around "you just hate it because you don't have it", I do. So hush your faces.)

1 hour ago, Xana_Skullsunder said:

There's plenty of ways for Maiming Strike to still be powerful without being the ridiculous cheese it is right now. Add a cooldown (or charge-up over time not using it) mechanic ala what happened to Telos Boltace, add a cap to the range, limit it to only hitting X enemies... It can still be a solid mod. It's just it being the go-to Spin to Win blender mod that's the issue.

(For the quaint fellows that have been throwing around "you just hate it because you don't have it", I do. So hush your faces.)

No.

Telos Boltace syndicate ability cooldown is trash. Don’t ever promote it.

Telos Boltace needs to be revised so that the second slide ragdoll ability is completely scrapped, the syndicate ability cooldown is removed completely, and the vacuum needs to deal enough damage to break boxes at range. Right now the weapon is faulty with a poor form factor to it. If and when these changes go through can we say that this syndicate melee can be successfully useful and fun to use.

38 minutes ago, Xana_Skullsunder said:

I was offering that up as a suggestion, not a hard and fast "this is how it needs to be," so calm down. I'm sorry your favorite toy was taken from you, but this ain't the topic for it.

I honestly don’t care about the old Telos Boltace, but thanks for the assumption on your part.

On 2/5/2018 at 8:33 PM, --Dr.AbaddonicSloth said:

It is as simple as the title. I don't have a problem with the mod per se, but the fact that Atterax, Lecta, Scoliac, polearms and staves can potentially have up to 20m range with rivens.... 20 meters, that is a whole 20 meters ahead of the group of other players. And not even necessarily max 20 meters, possibly even 21 or 22m on scoliac and such. Why can this mod even be used on these weapon types? It completely trivializes the whole game. I did a test earlier just for ####s and giggles, and ran sortie 2 15 times, 9 of those times I had someone, or even a few games, 2 people with a meme strike setup and totally just eating the map of enemies. Completely no challenge or competition.

Like up close most of my melees can easily take on hundreds of level enemies, but in such a wide AOE it completely makes the game boring and ridiculous to watch, a Nekros or a Volt or something just zipping around, Rax Droning the whole area and leaving nothing in 2 seconds kind of makes the game boring, even at high levels. Ember see, is getting her nerf/buff, but the thing is she doesn't scale. This is essentially the same thing, the completely same exact thing that just requires interaction from the player, EXCEPT IT SCALES IN THE LEVELS OF 200+ this is ridiculous.

I can see the mod fitting in the game, it can be very good on some weapons, it just is the range that kills it for me, its stupid. If it were like 5m, 6m maybe then it'd be kinda tolerable. But come on DE please, either make it like a static crit chance, or a multiplicative one like Embedded Catalyzer instead of scaling so high with Blood Rush, thisll at least help a little bit, or just don't allow it on high ranged melees or something. 

I'm expecting a ton of backlash from this post, but being a veteran there isn't much left in the game for me to do, so I run sorties and long survivals, kuva floods and such for some fun and challenge, it ABSOLUTELY pisses me off when I just wanna run a game for some fun and an Ahole is droning around like a buzzsaw killing everything in sight. I can't even hit anything, where is the fun in that??

Sincerely AF, from a long time player, as in the beginning, just hear me out. Warframe has changed for the better definitely, but dozens times worse in bad ways, this is one example that needs to be looked into. Nerf the damn thing please.

inB4hate

First off, how can u be sure when someone is using Maiming and isnt? For example... My mewan polearm has 2,822 slide dmg. Plus its a crit build and it has 62% crit to wrk with and a bloodrush/drifting contact setup. On top of that i channel with it... Thats a guaranteed 50% dmg boost after all my other modifiers. I also have a rank one Exodia brave equipped. So... Everytime i crit, i have a 5% chance of doin 80% channeling dmg, which activates alot... Which adds to my base modifier and applies after other dmg modifiers.

Basically, im killing everything. I don't use Maiming strike nor do i need it. If you were playing with me... You wouldn't kno if i had it or didn't, because im wrecking everything in my way. 

So tell me... How can u be sure the people ur playin with, are even using it?

Honestly, nerfing maiming strike won't get rid of the problem, it will slow it down, yeah. You'll have to build a larger hit counter for Bloodrush to increase you crit so much but people with long range melees and rivens to increase that range will still one shot the map without maiming strike. It will take about 2-3 more spins until they can do that though.

Melee is just really strong right now.

Instead of nerfing Maiming Strike they should just balance melee. I love that melee is strong now; I remember when it was not worth using and as a melee player that sucked. Think it was around update 18 or 19 Acolyte modes got introduced and we got Galatine Prime and other stuff. I forget exactly when melee got its buff but when it did, it was huge.

Suggested fix for this problem : Make Maiming Strike and Blood Rush impossible to equip at the same time.  This would solve a lot of the ridiculous minmaxing issues brought on by a overzealous crit-focused build pretty quickly, without breaking the caveats of either mod.

Beyond that, it also feels like there should be a hard cap on melee range, just as there is a hard cap on melee attack speed.

Edited by megalomaniacalHalide

23 minutes ago, megalomaniacalHalide said:

Suggested fix for this problem : Make Maiming Strike and Blood Rush impossible to equip at the same time.  This would solve a lot of the ridiculous minmaxing issues brought on by a overzealous crit-focused build pretty quickly, without breaking the caveats of either mod.

Beyond that, it also feels like there should be a hard cap on melee range, just as there is a hard cap on melee attack speed.

I disagree... Should be soft caps all around. Melee sucked for a long time. To hard cap everything, when enemies can lvl infinitley... Would be dumb.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:13 PM, Bronjun said:

Now come to think of it. OP complains maiming strike takes fun away from HIS game play when used on long reach melees. In order for OP to have fun, he needs to kill hordes of enemies. Seriously go solo and make life easier for everyone. 

PS: I have maiming strike but never used it. 

Bit this is EXACTLY the argument against Ember that DE listened to and nerfed ember. If your gameplay is making other people feel useless in a mission, the tool you are using needs to be nerfed. That's straight from DE when giving their reasons for nerfing ember to the junkpile.

36 minutes ago, Draugurr said:

Okay Say DE nerfs Maiming Strike. It's not going to change a thing. People will still have rivens with the exact effect or stronger. Not going to change a thing.

I'm guessing the mod itself won't change (i.e. 90% crit on slide), but the being multiplied by Blood Rush will be changed. That would solve a large amount of the problem, simply changing all +Crit on slide from being multiplied to being added after Blood Rush calculates.

On 2/11/2018 at 2:29 AM, --Dr.AbaddonicSloth said:

Never did I personally mention Condition Overload, I mentioned the range on meme strike... My CO melees kill faster than meme strike as well, but the problem is the absolutely ridiculous range meme strike has on some weapons, and it completely obliterates any trash mobs, and some higher tier mobs, at most levels... in a huge AOE range. Anywho, continue to argue. DE needs to see this.

Okay, so you say that Primed Reach is your problem, at least as much as Maiming Strike.  Good to know.

Look, I agree that the stacking mechanics and order are problematic here.  That said, the argument ALWAYS and WITHOUT EXCEPTION boils down to the RANGE.  If we consider this, perhaps the problem is larger than an additive crit mod.  It might just be that crit mod hitting everything in a large area, as I've seen posted OVER AND OVER AND OVER again.

If something needs to be nerfed, I'd argue it's the source of the troubles, rather than a contributor.  Nerf Primed Reach, drop Maiming Strike to an additive +60% crit chance, and stack it AFTER Blood Rush.

1 hour ago, Magneu said:

I'm guessing the mod itself won't change (i.e. 90% crit on slide), but the being multiplied by Blood Rush will be changed. That would solve a large amount of the problem, simply changing all +Crit on slide from being multiplied to being added after Blood Rush calculates.

This is seriously all that needs to happen. Maiming Strike, crit chance on slide in rivens, Cat's Eye, Charm, Arcane Avenger, Naramon's Void Stalker, Harrow's Retaliation, all of it. Any flat crit chance bonus needs to stay flat.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Nerf primed reach? Thats gonna hurt ALOT of other weapons. Sparring, claws, nunchucks, some dual swords, most one handed swords... Would hurt a ton of weapons nerfing that mod not even including exalted weapons like valkyr claws

Been honestly waiting for the nerf-herd to start in on it since the Telolace incident. Always knew once melee had a decent horde range the herd be all "melee beating mah gunz". Though the chance DE would actually listen, cause as you say, doing so would hurt the vast majority of melee as a whole.

Tbh I think Primed Reach needs to add a flat meter amount depending on the weapon type, and rivens can add extra actual range based on the BASE amount, not the reached amount, This would help the problem a bit, but the big thing is still whips with their huge range and polearms even still, if it isn't 11, 12... 22... meters, whatever, it still is gonna be around 9 or 10 which is hardly a nerf, and rivens even if they still do add range, this won't help the problem be solved, the range is just synergy now that I have been thinking about it. It is the calculation with BR + MS... which is a shame cause with a low range melee meme strike is fine, my dark split sword crits crazy like with a meme build, but it has a short range, maybe nerf spin damage on long range melees instead? But then thats prejudice towards those and nerfs normal play even without meme strike, so it leads back to meme strike itself, it just is too high of a crit chance.

Make it calculate afterwards and itll totally destroy people's builds and will to use it since it basically will suck, nerf it down to 50% and itll help but then itll still have the reach and eventual crit damage.... its all messed up, no 1 thing can be nerf'd, but something really needs to be done about it.

DE really needs to stop adding stuff into the game, and focus on existing problems like this or rebalances like they recently did.

Edited by --Dr.AbaddonicSloth

38 minutes ago, --Dr.AbaddonicSloth said:

Tbh I think Primed Reach needs to add a flat meter amount depending on the weapon type, and rivens can add extra actual range based on the BASE amount, not the reached amount, This would help the problem a bit, but the big thing is still whips with their huge range and polearms even still, if it isn't 11, 12... 22... meters, whatever, it still is gonna be around 9 or 10 which is hardly a nerf, and rivens even if they still do add range, this won't help the problem be solved, the range is just synergy now that I have been thinking about it. It is the calculation with BR + MS... which is a shame cause with a low range melee meme strike is fine, my dark split sword crits crazy like with a meme build, but it has a short range, maybe nerf spin damage on long range melees instead? But then thats prejudice towards those and nerfs normal play even without meme strike, so it leads back to meme strike itself, it just is too high of a crit chance.

Make it calculate afterwards and itll totally destroy people's builds and will to use it since it basically will suck, nerf it down to 50% and itll help but then itll still have the reach and eventual crit damage.... its all messed up, no 1 thing can be nerf'd, but something really needs to be done about it.

DE really needs to stop adding stuff into the game, and focus on existing problems like this or rebalances like they recently did.

Wait... You use Maiming strike? Hypocrisy

37 minutes ago, --Dr.AbaddonicSloth said:

I think you just need to git gud. I dont have primed reach on my atterax and its still good. I can take off blood rush and mod it differently, its still good. I really dont think you understand modding in this game. Your picking a particular build because its on youtube, its not the only way to mod it and make it good. 

Matter of fact, I have not had primed reach or blood rush on it for awhile.

3 minutes ago, tCartmant said:

I think you just need to git gud. I dont have primed reach on my atterax and its still good. I can take off blood rush and mod it differently, its still good. I really dont think you understand modding in this game. Your picking a particular build because its on youtube, its not the only way to mod it and make it good. 

Matter of fact, I have not had primed reach or blood rush on it for awhile.

I use gladiator setup for most of my builds now, only use bloodrush on my mewan and a few others. Gladiator mods work with exalted weapons. Pretty sweet. Op is a veteran supposedly... Just playing for a long time doesn't mean ur good op.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

I use gladiator setup for most of my builds now, only use bloodrush on my mewan and a few others. Gladiator mods work with exalted weapons. Pretty sweet. Op is a veteran supposedly... Just playing for a long time doesn't mean ur good op.

My entire thing with this game is simple. We need more higher content that rewards and challenges our high level gear.  Sorties are really it. Endless missions are super boring and get out of hand quickly. I am speaking of things that are around level 100-125 or so that can be done. We sit and talk about this and that being op. If you actually stop to think about it, most gear is set to handle 140-150 level enemies. Look at every youtube build, they alway try to kill that 145 level heavy gunner as quick as possible. That means in a sorties, max 100, will be a breeze for that weapon.

Atterax/Scoliac killing a level 100 sortie is suppose to happen. Same with every other weapon if its set up right. If you can't kill a level 100 quickly, then you may not have modded that weapon correctly.

Edited by tCartmant
Need Cant