Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is with the trash Baro has?

GutsBerzerk

hace 31 minutos, S0V3REiGN dijo:

I think it’s been close to a year since he last brought a new primed mod. I think DE is done making new ones outside of daily logins.

Play more then.... maybe that way you can keep with the games things because prime fever has was release 4 months ago aprox .... pretty far from a year .

hace 8 minutos, Huillam dijo:

I'm in the exact same situation as he is.

Was I hoping for for a prisma skana? No. A prime weapon? Again: no. True I'll gain affinity with it and it will count for my mastery rank. Sadly what I was hoping to see (and in my opinion what should be guaranted) is a primed mod. Not because I want to turn my character into a powerhouse, not because I need it to access part of the content, simply because that's the only way for me to close the gap between me and veteran players and over time being useful in group instead of being carried. Because let's admit it: that's not fun.

You dont need prime mods to not be carried ... they are a bonus but far from being necesary .... if you are being carry now its not for the lack of prime mods , its the lack of skill or other mods or simple knowledge about what to use/do .

3 minutes ago, EndermanBeast said:

?

Do you mean like Overextended, and Fleeting Expertise? Or like Thermite Rounds?

Thermite rounds, Scattering inferno, Scorch, Volcanic Edge

Only ammo drum's are missing, maybe 2 weeks from now.

1 minute ago, Yagamilight123 said:

You dont need prime mods to not be carried ... they are a bonus but far from being necesary .... if you are being carry now its not for the lack of prime mods , its the lack of skill or other mods or simple knowledge about what to use/do .

It's basic mathematics: a primed mod will increase damage/utility/whatever by a higher amount than a normal mod.

An obvious situation would be one where I'd deal 100 damage against targets having 110 hp; with primed mods a veteran would one shot them. Not only would I need twice as much time to kill the baddies but I'd end up reloading twice as often. At the end of the mission I would have been less than half useful that said veteran. That's being carried and that's not about other mods, skill or knowledge.

45 minutes ago, Zark_Manthra said:

I'm not new, and I'll happily ignore the Skana. Whether or not it's to be ignored is a personal opinion, but you cannot deny that there are better swords out there. And besides, 510 ducats for a sub-par weapon is just not worth it when there are typically other, better things to spend your ducats on.

Sure, there's always the mastery fodder argument to be made, but I myself would rather wait until it's one of the few things I haven't gotten in the game than get it now when I don't need it, and certainly don't want it either

Oh, it's totally fine to not get the weapon. But the OP worded as if Baro only has "trash" because OP already owns everything from the current Baro. And that's clearly untrue.
And it may sound bad, but if someone is new, then this person shouldn't call something "trash".

5 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Oh, it's totally fine to not get the weapon. But the OP worded as if Baro only has "trash" because OP already owns everything from the current Baro. And that's clearly untrue.
And it may sound bad, but if someone is new, then this person shouldn't call something "trash".

I'm not new and op is right it's trash you don't have to be new at a game to know something is trash your bashing on the guy and calling him salty because his opinion doesn't match yours everyone knows prisma skana is trash compared to a majority of other weapons its a fact

Edit: just realized i signed on to my ps4 account by accident lmao I'm a pc player Rep 24

Edited by (PS4)TiTAN--II

Just now, (PS4)TiTAN--II said:

I'm not new and op is right it's trash you don't have to be new at a game to know something is trash your bashing on the guy and calling him salty because his opinion doesn't match yours everyone knows prisma skana is trash compared to a majority of other weapons its an objective fact

No, he is salty, because he is using the word "trash".
If he wanted to give feedback, he would have worded it differently. He did not do that. So he is just ranting like the spoiled child he is. And from what I've read from him I'm sure he didn't even farm these mods himself. I bet he just got them from trading.

il y a 35 minutes, GutsBerzerk a dit :

Just because I'm new doesn't mean I don't have experience with mmos. I mean maybe you're happy or not bothered with all the dual heat mods but if I wanted any of that I'd go to marketplace and buy them for like 3p

Since when is Warframe a MMO (rather than a TPS Horde shooter)? 

I know you can get those mods for cheap, and that's not what I was talking about. I'm not bothered nor happy with his merch, I just don't care. Simple.

I said you were a rusher because you "have all the mods he has to sell" but only started a couple weeks ago. Since those Mods cost a lot of Ducats and Credits (especially for beginners who start with nothing in their pockets and everything to buy), you must have farmed a freakin' lot during those few weeks to get enough of both currencies (and probably plat too since "a couple weeks ago" doesn't mean you had the opportunity to buy some of those mods from him, but only to players who bought the mods before you started playing, but those can be rushed bought with $) to buy all the Primed, dual Stat and Stance mods he has to offer. 

Or you can consider farming the vaulted relics instead of complaining about no good S#&$ from Baro this time around. That way you don't have to choose between farming for ducats or getting relics that probably won't appear again for another two years. I'm MR 24 with only a handful of weapons I haven't leveled or been able to obtain (event weapons, login weapons) and virtually all the primed mods in the game as well, save Primed Chamber and the other login one that's after Primed Fury.

Is Baro ever gonna bring around good S#&$ for me that I can use in my arsenal? Probably not, unless it's a new mod like Primed Fever Strike. Will I go for cosmetics? Maybe, for completionist sake. Am I disappointed? Not at all. You could argue that I've already got everything I wanted from him therefore I have no need to buy anything from him anymore. But I do keep an eye out for stuff like weapons that come out during the times he's bringing around a mass of stuff that people need. If they have to pick between a mod and a weapon, I'll pick up the weapon for them. What if they can't play Warframe that weekend and really want that Primed Point Blank? I'll nab it for them then help them with getting the credits to trade so they don't have to pay precious plat for it. 

Baro is always bringing around something someone needs, whether you need it or not. 

Edit: Prisma Skana is garbage, but it got the job done for me in my MR 19 test when every thrown weapon and Bnashee+Redeemer continued to alarm enemies from across the map. 

Edited by Bao

I've gladly bought the dual stat mods. It checks off some things on my 'to get' list and the only spy missions i have to do now are when they appear on sorties. The skana is mr fodder, the cosmetics are nice for fashionframe and the skin/noggle are there for if you have ducats spare.

Overall not the most exciting baro there's been, but for newer players and older players who've been putting off farming kuva spy missions (like me), it's a welcome chance to have one less thing to farm.

hace 13 minutos, Huillam dijo:

It's basic mathematics: a primed mod will increase damage/utility/whatever by a higher amount than a normal mod.

An obvious situation would be one where I'd deal 100 damage against targets having 110 hp; with primed mods a veteran would one shot them. Not only would I need twice as much time to kill the baddies but I'd end up reloading twice as often. At the end of the mission I would have been less than half useful that said veteran. That's being carried and that's not about other mods, skill or knowledge.

No ... being carried its being useless in the mision ... doing 10-15% less damage that others its not being carried . I can use Scoliac , without even 1 prime mod and end with the highest damage 90% of the time ... know what to use and how , its far more important than prime mods .

10 minutes ago, Yagamilight123 said:

No ... being carried its being useless in the mision ... doing 10-15% less damage that others its not being carried . I can use Scoliac , without even 1 prime mod and end with the highest damage 90% of the time ... know what to use and how , its far more important than prime mods .

Do you realize that's not really relevant? It's the same as saying you dealt more damage using ember than someone using a vectis in a defense mission.

Edited by Huillam

hace 2 minutos, Huillam dijo:

Do you realize that's not really relevant? It's the same as saying you dealt more damage using ember than someone using a vectis.

? My example (and argument) was about the ability to be usefull without prime mods ... nothing more , anything aside from the use of prime mods its valid . 

Edited by Yagamilight123

il y a 37 minutes, Huillam a dit :

Sadly what I was hoping to see (and in my opinion what should be guaranted) is a primed mod. Not because I want to turn my character into a powerhouse, not because I need it to access part of the content, simply because that's the only way for me to close the gap between me and veteran players and over time being useful in group instead of being carried. Because let's admit it: that's not fun.

You don't need Primed mods to be efficient. Corrupted Mods are a lot more usefull in general if used correctly. Primed ones are just better versions of already existant mods. Between a +55% duration from Primed Continuity (25% more than the original) and 99% from Narrow Minded (69% more than the regular Continuity), what do you think is more usefull for max duration?

Also, not having the same mods than another player (not only vets, remember that) doesn't mean you'll get carried. One of the best Ember main I know (and I by this I mean that he's not a WoF freak, but somebody who uses all of her kit efficiently) is a MR 14 who litteraly have no Corrupted mods for frames and barely one or maybe two Primed mods barely rank 7-8. He doesn't have the best stats for his frame, but he's still good enough to deal with pretty much anything he's facing. Yes, modding is essential, but it doesn't mean that you can't do anything without the best possible mods. Hel, I even remember a Prime Time where Reb and Meg did a T2 or T3 (can't remember) Void Interception with Unmodded Volt and Mag, weapons (Braton, Paris, Kunai, etc.), only using the Augments for their Warframes. 

I hope DE takes Baro out of the game.....I'm sick and tired of these kids saying "Baro's got trash/nothing/this is pathetic".........Maybe if Baro's gone, these kids would appreciate the fact that ur getting items and what not's that's not in the game anymore (somewhat)...

Wonder what these kids are expecting? If u already have the items, then u save ducats/credits and wait til next time...

But expecting something new every single Baro time, jokes on u, it isn't happening...Be thankful u have the stuff and that DE brings it back in the game for the noobs....

il y a 35 minutes, Huillam a dit :

Stop using the word "vet". They're not the only ones who can do better than you in missions, and besides, doing better in a mission is completely useless. If you weren't able to do anything (RQ Banshee, WoF headless chicken running around, Saryn Spore-spamming, Mirage+(enter generic AoE weapon name here), etc) then it's not a matter of mod, but cheese. 

I dn't have HC, PCR or any Primed/corrupted mods on my ARs, and barely one or two for my shotguns (which is overkill in most cases unless I'm doing Sorties, which are just 3 missions). Do I always get the lowest damage? No. Do I always get the highest damage? No. Do I get more kills than the others? No. Guess what, I'm MR 22, I started 3 years ago (-1 month) and I'm not carrying nor getting carried. I know how to use my things, I mod them as I like with my non-maxed mods (never maxed any 10 rank mod except Common ones), either Primed, Corrupted or else and I have fun. Yes it takes me more shots to kill a lvl 100 Eximus Bombard than someone with Meta bs, but I don't care. I prefer using my sweet Stradavar than a boring Soma Prime. I prefer my Sancti Tigris to the Tigris Prime and its Slash Status. I prefer my Sobek and my Strun Wraith to the Heks. I prefer using my Jat Kittag against any enemy rather than a Galat Prime that chops anything. I prefer my trusty Oberon I carfted almost 3 years ago to the Prime one and its upgraded stats. 

Don't try to be the very best like no one ever was. Just enjoy the game. You don't have to be strong to have fun playing.

1 hour ago, Toolminator said:

Please kind male/female DE reading this I am a warlord of a clan with about 50 members and they are all pretty much new to the game i am trying to get them geared for endgame content with their personal choice of weapons/warframes and in 3 months baro has only brought 3 essential endgame mods having to wait 2 weeks each time you can see how this can become annoying

The artificial wait walls are intended to draw out play time per play as a means to disguise the fact that the game really isnt getting new replayable content at this point. The time wasted on three hour story quests and Operator content is coming back to bite DE, so, they are stringing players along.

3 hours ago, -Trey- said:

Dual stats that are easily obtainable in game.

Hes right tho, it's a junk filler.

Agreed. I threw up all over my keyboard when I saw Baro's items. Now I dont know what Baro stands for, but from what I have heard in the community he brings the "trash mods" so newer players can obtain them. As a newer player I already had all of the mods and i got them fairly early just by looking up how to get them and farming them. So I dont see him as a vender for the newer players unless he is bringing the one thing you cant get anywhere else, primed mods!!!! Since i started playing i have seen 4 baro rotations, the first two were awesome with primed reach, pressure point and primed continuity ect. However I was way to low a level to actually be able to get enough relics to make ducs, let alone credits. So to prepare for his next arrival I put in the work to get alot of relics in addition to farming for stronger mods. Got as strong as i could get with my new mods and got super hyped to get a primed mod or what I consider to be an end game mod. He shows up selling mods I have already gotten with exception to one mod i havent gotten yet simply because i havent tried to farm it yet. No primed mods... I hear primed disappointment in chat and im told this happends from time to time Okay, ill accept a rotation being "trash" every now and again. Worked hard in those two weeks but ya know im about as strong as I could get with whats available to me. with nothing less to farm I simply go ham on relics for two weeks knowing that i would have enough to get every primed mod i could when he next shows. So when he shows up again with no primed mods I cant help but feel like ive been bent over and (fill in the blank). For a whole month now i have been stagnant, which drives me crazy to say the least. So two weeks from when i did buy a primed mod to nothing, to two weeks of nothing, to two weeks of a possibility of primed mods. Thats a month and a half i have to wait just for a chance to make my frames stronger... In that time up until today I have gone up about 15 MR. So if baro is for newer players to "catch up" the only way players will be able to do so is by obtaining primed mods. Baro selling farmable mods is painful, especially for the price they cost. Im fine with every other aspect of what he sells, prismas are helpful with MR and the cosmetics are nice, but please DE dont go multiple Baro rotations in a row without any primed mods. Or better yet if you do please just through one primed mod in there so it doesnt so bad when I have to wait another two weeks. =(

Also, no booster this time?! Thats just low especially how there was nothing else id spend my money in this rotation. 

Low blow