Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best weapons against Eidolons?

BethTheBean

Question

Good morning, Tenno.

With raid rewards being shifted to the new Eidolons, it's time I break my backside into defeating those damn things. Up to this point, I've only harvested the little buggers at night.

I plan to go into a fight, with my Renewal built Oberon : https://imgur.com/IfI0doW

Love to hear your suggestions for weapons (can you melee the damn thing?), my warframe build, and how could I get into/join a kill team without using a headset (legally deaf)?

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

:meridian::suda:

Edited by GrazewoundZero

11 answers to this question

Best weapons: stuff that deal puncture and radiation damage. Opticor and lanka are common choices.

Frames: trin heals lures, volt increases crit/wep damage, chroma quickly chips the eidolon's hp, harrow buffs and protects against the killing scream. It's the usual setup people are starting to cry about.

Squad: it's easy to get into a proper squad in recruit, you don't even need mic. However most will ask for the aforementioned setup.

for your amp you should aim for 2-2-2. I heard on some stream that 3-3-3 is fixed(?) and will work as well.

as for weapons: hard hitting ones with high multiplier are your way to go (sniper/opticor)

at last you have to use 1 or 2 buff frames (chroma, rhino, octavia) or else your dmg may not suffice.

since you mentioned Arcane rewards, afaik you will have to kill the Hydrolyst, on which oberon may not have enough healing capabilities. but you have to try and see

Oberon looks ok for Eidolons as i see it here.

Would still consider a Trinity Bless build for the 75% damage reduction.

Weapon coices are almost only interesting for the Chroma, because he does the major damage with his abilities.

My weapon choices (all modded on radiation)

• Lanka (Pros: High damage, Easy Radiation due to electric base damage, High Crit, instant shots if used with Harros 2 / Cons: Has to be charged, Has bullet travel time)
  • Euphona Prime (Pros: High damage, High Crit, can be dual wielded with the Glaive Prime/Cerata / Cons: Bullet travel time )
  • Opticor (Pros: Very high damage, Hitscan + accurate / Cons: Charge-up time)
  • Vectis [Prime] (Pros: High damage, High Crit [just got buffed], Quick shots with hitscan / Cons: weaker than Lanka/Euphona Prime/Opticor )

Also melee damage is not a thing as far as i noticed.

Happy hunting :)

Edited by ShadowBr0ker

I've been taking Rad Fusilai and they shred the Teralyst if I shoot through a Volt shield. Actually, shooting through Volt's shield makes almost any weapon I take effective. Dera, Quartakk, Cestras, etc.

I use Banshee, it contributes nothing but it doesnt even matter when youre doing a lot of damage. The Teralyst attacks are all telegraphed and easily avoidable in operator mode.

I dont recommend melee, i tried and while it's possible to even stand on the Teralyst's head and pelvis to reach weakspots with Sydon, I dont think I was doing any damage, not consistently anyway. Maybe you can hit the knees with the right combo though.

Edited by MechaTails

I'm using a riven-modded Rubico with 120%+ crit chance and 9.5x critdamage. The critical damage bonus on zoom is more helpful with the limbs (the other snipers got headshot bonus) and it has as minimum combo of just 1 - with multishot > 100% (Vigilante Armaments when you haven't MS in the riven) you have doubled your base damage on the 2nd shot already (=2x2 consecutive hits). Having the highest firerate of all snipers helps alot there too.

If I land all shots at max zoom, I can kill off a Hydrolist's limb/Synovia with just one mag.

Edited by Toran

I'd recommend the 3-3-3 amp over the 2-2-2 amp for the new Eidolons, the 2-2-2 one only hits 2~3 times instead of 7~9 times like on the basic Teralyst.  Ends up only doing ~500 damage per trigger pull while the 3-3-3 amp does up to ~2400 damage per trigger pull, combine with Adarza Kavat or Volt shield for speedy shield destruction.  The fight almost goes twice as fast when I'm not the only person using a T3 amp.

Probably as long as someone has a T3 amp you'll make it through all of the Teralyst Trio each night as long as everyone has a passable weapon.

For weapons everyone has already made a lot of good suggestions, pretty much any good critical damage weapon modded for radiation would work but I think snipers are the best.

Lanka is probably best of the Snipers without Rivens due to 100% crit and 100% radiation being possible, Rubico probably has the highest DPS but has some punishing load times, Vectis Prime is easiest to use.  The combo counter on them lets them easily surpass damage from weapons like Opticor after a few shots even if you miss the synovias.