Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Feedback

ForsakenEcho

23 hours ago, Darkuhn said:

You know why Ember was nerfed? Killing all enemies with one toggle Ability active. So I hope they don't go with your idea.

In its latest version I can wreck a whole room of sortie 3 Enemies in seconds, out damaging the Mesas I encountered so far. The only one who did more damage was the Spin2Win Loki on the team. But that was by only about 2-3%.

I would say Ash is one of the best Damage frames right now and thanks to the combo Multiplier he can Scale into any lv of content.

This is my experience. It feels like a Twilight zone when I come to forums and there are multiple complaint post about Ash. 

He's really powerful. And now that he doesn't need to participate in bladestorm, he's almost at or pre-rework levels of killing. He targeted a max of 18 before, I can deal with 18 or more now with bladestorm and weapons. 

The last thing DE needs to do is make him more accessible to a spammy playstyle. If someone has difficulty making enemies, I think they should just choose an easier to use, yet less lethal frame... 

My main issue with Ash right now are two things

1. Shuriken is far inferior to a clone. I think a shuriken should become a clone on a marked enemy.

2. Opting in to bladestorm is clunky and i think it could use more incentive.

Edited by Hypernaut1

vor 1 Minute schrieb Hypernaut1:

The last thing DE needs to do is make him more accessible to a spammy playstyle. If someone has difficulty making enemies, I think they should just choose an easier to use, yet less lethal frame... 

Exactly 👍🏼 

He still needs a rework, but clearly people also get too caught up in the meta. Aside from using Shiruken to still very effectively strip armor, it's a great one-shot or so for many enemies until sortie levels and beyond. Nothing says space ninja to me like tossing them and watching bodies drop. That said:

Blade Storm does need better functionality. We should be able to hold down 4 to tick up marks on all enemies within whatever range is currently enabled by mods. There is not enough single target focus in this game for Blade Storm to function as it does and be worthwhile. Realistically, Teleport with the Fatal Teleport mod should also be deadlier. If an enemy has a full set of BS marks and Teleport is used after, especially with the augment, it should be pretty much instant death--considering that instant is relative as we're talking time to place the marks, teleport, and let the finisher happen, all while making sure to pick out that enemy if it's in a mob.

Tap Blade Storm to target particular enemies, hold it down to tick up marks on all enemies in range and then release. It's a bit ridiculous that we have so many other frames that effectively use their ults to CC and kill, while Ash--the ultimate assassin--is left with worse clear times on both single targets and mobs in comparison to others, and even in comparison to many weapons.

12 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

The last thing DE needs to do is make him more accessible to a spammy playstyle. If someone has difficulty making enemies, I think they should just choose an easier to use, yet less lethal frame....

No one is asking for a "spammy" playstyle and no one has difficulty marking because they lack the ability to point the crosshairs at foes. Having his 4 become passive would be the opposite of "spammy". Why is everyone that doesn't like the current rendition simply "unskilled" to you? The whole game is about pointing and shooting. No one is having an issue with that. The issue is our current version of bladestorm. Now I'm not asking DE to drop everything and solely focus on this issue, just that they consider the practicality of his kit until they feel like it can be addressed.

Would be cool if they added an augment where all marked targets get hit by shuriken when you use it. Mix that with the Amour reduction augment and ash could become very good without being reliant on his bladestorm.

Edited by Mr.Holyroller

1 hour ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

Would be cool if they added an augment where all marked targets get hit by shuriken when you use it. Mix that with the Amour reduction augment and ash could become very good without being reliant on his bladestorm.

God, some synergy would be awesome. I would be more accepting of marks if they synergized with other abilities.

On 2/18/2018 at 5:18 AM, Marthrym said:

The point was never that Ash is weak. He's not, he's more than fine as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe give his ult another option? Like you need to hold 4 to cast, but pressing 4 again will spend x amount of energy, and full mark enemies in a certain area? That sounds sickeningly strong though. I do ageee his 4 is outpaced by his 2/augement for most big solo enemies, and by the squad in super high level play. It doesn’t feel right shooting enemies I’ve marked/am marking.

He' s not Mesa but WHO is? With zenurik, arcane  trickery and some range you can stay perma invis without running out of energy and still kill everything in one bullet jump just abit slower than Mesa

I agree that his four needs to mark faster or only require 1 mark per target for maximum damage, maybe make it similar to Mesa's where the reticle is large and slowly shrinks as targets are marked? 

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Natfrog123 said:

Flat out Ash is not in a good place with BS. Console is stupid to even mark more than one target as they fall over faster than you can mark. With that said why not just fatal teleport and actually get the kill with less wasted time.

Because fatal teleport takes longer to kill several targets. Bs is fine, although some would prefer if the target reticle would be larger which is understandable.

I feel like I'm playing a different game than most of the people in this tread...

It must be a play style issue.

ASH IS GODLY RIGHT NOW.

He's NOT a "step into a room and press 4 to instantly win".

He's NOT an "afk cheese frame".

If that's what you're looking for, move on to another frame.

We have enough of those.

All you have to do is activate your Bladestorm and play normally.

That's it!

Shoot things. Move around. Head to an objective. Revive squad mates.

While you're doing these things you'll be gathering marks.

Feel like you have enough marks?

-press 4

Ran through some enemies to get to an objective or downed team mate?

-press 4

Ran into a room and 15 heavy enemies are standing in front of you and you would like to soften them up (or just plain kill them)?

-take 2 whole seconds to sweep across them and press 4

....and it feels great. You just send your goon squad out to whack everyone while you continue doing your thing!

...while cloaked!

...you can even join in!!

He offers so much control and freedom now. You can just move through the battlefield completely safe and rain down death and destruction whenever you choose. Without interruption.

I wouldn't mind a reticle size increase. Sure. If that would make it easier for some players.

I don't think it's needed.

I play on console and I haven't had a single issue marking enemies and keeping up with my squad. Hell, usually I'm leading the pack.

You're not going to take highest dmg in a low level mission against an Ember....

(You will actually have to SEE your enemies)

....but I guarantee you scale waaaaaaay further.

Edited by (XB1)INe Saninus
Grammar as usual

I agree with Saninus, Ash is amazing right now. Much more freedom with this update. For example, Blade Storm a group of enemies while reviving a teammate, quickly tag an incoming row in front of you and focus on the enemies behind you knowing the front will be dead, have Blade Storm passively tag enemies and when you have to reload, activate to finish up the survivors of your first magazine.

My only problem is there isn't much incentive to opt in the Blade Storm especially if you have a melee weapon that you don't use attack speed mods on. It's just painfully slow. Make it so when you do join the Blade Storm, the attack speed ramps up the longer you're in it. 

I would like to note that my issue isn't that I think he's a bad frame, I just think that his marking mechanic is redundant and cumbersome. Other than that, load him up with arcane trickster and have fun.

On 3/9/2018 at 2:46 AM, (XB1)INe Saninus said:

I feel like I'm playing a different game than most of the people in this tread...

It must be a play style issue.

ASH IS GODLY RIGHT NOW.

He's NOT a "step into a room and press 4 to instantly win".

He's NOT an "afk cheese frame".

If that's what you're looking for, move on to another frame.

We have enough of those.

All you have to do is activate your Bladestorm and play normally.

That's it!

Shoot things. Move around. Head to an objective. Revive squad mates.

While you're doing these things you'll be gathering marks.

Feel like you have enough marks?

-press 4

Ran through some enemies to get to an objective or downed team mate?

-press 4

Ran into a room and 15 heavy enemies are standing in front of you and you would like to soften them up (or just plain kill them)?

-take 2 whole seconds to sweep across them and press 4

....and it feels great. You just send your goon squad out to whack everyone while you continue doing your thing!

...while cloaked!

...you can even join in!!

He offers so much control and freedom now. You can just move through the battlefield completely safe and rain down death and destruction whenever you choose. Without interruption.

I wouldn't mind a reticle size increase. Sure. If that would make it easier for some players.

I don't think it's needed.

I play on console and I haven't had a single issue marking enemies and keeping up with my squad. Hell, usually I'm leading the pack.

You're not going to take highest dmg in a low level mission against an Ember....

(You will actually have to SEE your enemies)

....but I guarantee you scale waaaaaaay further.

i love this reply lol. and you're not the only one who sees it that way. 

On 3/9/2018 at 5:42 AM, (XB1)bigsnake84 said:

Make it so when you do join the Blade Storm, the attack speed ramps up the longer you're in it.

This would be great, also is it me or using Teleport now automatically opts you in regardless if the enemy is marked or not? and i find that after the opt in, you are not returned to your original location, which really sucks. I like the idea of opting in but it also means that your Teleport is inactive during BS. not really a fan of that. 

hace 6 minutos, Zounderth dijo:

i love this reply lol. and you're not the only one who sees it that way. 

This would be great, also is it me or using Teleport now automatically opts you in regardless if the enemy is marked or not? and i find that after the opt in, you are not returned to your original location, which really sucks. I like the idea of opting in but it also means that your Teleport is inactive during BS. not really a fan of that. 

Sometimes it starts even though you teleport to a non-marked enemy, sometimes teleport works normally. It's really wierd.

I also support that position. Ash is good now. Still has some glaring design flaws (mainly Shuriken being 100% pointless without the augment and slightly less pointless with it and teleport being required to join in instead of holding 4 while it's going, so you can still teleport to enemies during BS instead of the ability being made nigh useless during it) but overall he is in a good spot now.

16 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Sometimes it starts even though you teleport to a non-marked enemy, sometimes teleport works normally. It's really wierd.

I also support that position. Ash is good now. Still has some glaring design flaws (mainly Shuriken being 100% pointless without the augment and slightly less pointless with it and teleport being required to join in instead of holding 4 while it's going, so you can still teleport to enemies during BS instead of the ability being made nigh useless during it) but overall he is in a good spot now.

I’ve been 1 shotting with bladestorm ( 1 mark ) til like level 350. That’s only with a very high combo counter tho. Also they should change rising storm to something else cause it’s kinda the most useless augment in the game 

On 13/2/2018 at 5:40 PM, ForsakenEcho said:

NO ASH. what does this mean ? this means people are not even bothered to test him. hehh. 

this means he is too weak (stop telling me he can use his first skill to stay in survival mission for 8 hours, so many other frames can do the same. ).

suggestions :

just, make the marker after he uses his 4 to see highlighted enemies through walls, and mark those enemies without being blocked by a huge bombard standing at your face. this could save him.

I don't know, i really like bladestorm rework and I'm one of those who bring back Ash since last update, i don't think people are not even bothered to test him, maybe is just Ash with his poor CC for those people, but i can finally take down level 100 enemies in sortie 3 with his clones while keep slashing and joining the fight.