Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PLEASE Reconsider the Glaxion changes

apricotlegend

Even after the beam weapon update, the glaxion is far inferior to the majority of its peers. If they want to keep it at a 8% crit chance then they should atleast up its base damage to something far higher than 26. Funny thing is , prior to the update the glaxion was 16 damage 20 fire rate , now its 26 damage 12 firerate with basically no change in status or crit. While the other beam weapons are receiving drastic buffs (yes even the amprex was buffed slightly).

I dont know why DE insists on keeping the glaxion cucked, its such a cool weapon.

6 minutes ago, apricotlegend said:

basically no change in status

Status per second is gone, Beam weapons are now Status monsters
and Glaxion can easily reach 100% Status for a full 12 procs per second (at base Fire Rate)
... or possibly even 24, dunno, that traces stuff is not very clear :P

Also, please consider Glaxion's 24m range vs Amprex' puny 14m.

20 minutes ago, apricotlegend said:

Even after the beam weapon update, the glaxion is far inferior to the majority of its peers. If they want to keep it at a 8% crit chance then they should atleast up its base damage to something far higher than 26. Funny thing is , prior to the update the glaxion was 16 damage 20 fire rate , now its 26 damage 12 firerate with basically no change in status or crit. While the other beam weapons are receiving drastic buffs (yes even the amprex was buffed slightly).

I dont know why DE insists on keeping the glaxion cucked, its such a cool weapon.

Amprex went from from 50% critical chance to 32% ,what makes you think thats a buff?

vor 1 Minute schrieb Hooride:

Amprex went from from 50% critical chance to 32% ,what makes you think thats a buff?

He already told you....

vor 11 Minuten schrieb NinjaZeku:

The crt reduction is needded to balance all that armor melting...

THAT'S exacly why DE asked you to wait to test the changees, before you write you your feedback, because some people are just not capable of thinken thinks through....

14 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

and Glaxion can easily reach 100% Status for a full 12 procs per second (at base Fire Rate)
... or possibly even 24, dunno, that traces stuff is not very clear :P

Also, please consider Glaxion's 24m range vs Amprex' puny 14m.

My Tigris prime already does that. 

30 minutes ago, apricotlegend said:

Dude, the Glaxion went from costing 20 ammo per second to costing 6 ammo per second.
And (assuming a Status build) it went from 1 proc per second to 12 procs per second.

All while keeping virtually identical base DPS.

I dont know why players insist on complaining about changes that they haven't tested.

Edited by SortaRandom

3 minutes ago, Ker-Blammo said:

Well now there are other options, so I guess the updates were good. 

I have rivens for both, the tigris one already has something like 60% in addition to hells chamber, each pellet is gonna do 100% status proc. The only downside I can see is tigris has a pretty tight spread for a shotgun. I guess there's a reason it's called the sniper of shotguns by some players. 

The only thing interesting to me about the glaxion pre and seemingly post buff is that it's only damage is cold. We can easily turn that into viral, but the other two of magnetic and blast. eh. Magnetic could be good in some situations, but it's still no corrosive or viral. Glaxion is the only primary that does cold damage AFIK, so I don't think DE is going to change it to viral outright. 

Also .5 second reload time increase. Just why?

13 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Dude, the Glaxion went from costing 20 ammo per second to costing 6 ammo per second.
And (assuming a Status build) it went from 1 proc per second to 12 procs per second.

All while keeping virtually identical base DPS.

I dont know why players insist on complaining about changes that they haven't tested.

Because people can read changes and realize how it affects things. 

also you know they are reducing it's magazine size too. So going from 20 ammo a second to 6 doesn't mean anything when the magazine got nerfed and the reload time is .5 seconds longer. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb Hooride:

Who didnt test before  posting?

In this case, the OP. because his claim ist just stupid....

Well, and you, since i just tested the Amrpex and yeah.... definitly a buff. No way in hell to argue there. (Seriously, this thing just melts a 150 Bombard.)

But i think Buzkyl is (rightfully) generalising.

59 minutes ago, Hooride said:

Just tested it. Grineer melts in seconds and ammo consumption is amazing (Can hold trigger for about 12s). It only struggles with corpus a little. I have crit chance riven to get 100% crit back, but even without it its a go to weapon for sorties now.

Nit-pick side, I think chain range was nerfed.

52 minutes ago, XaelathRavenstorm said:

LOL OP, stuff that got the best buffs are Amprex Glaxion and Cycron

First, I strongly believe riven mod should not be taken into account if a weapon is good or not. Second, the enemy are in a pause states, meaning they are taking extra damage. This video is irrelevant.

scratch that part, it only works on melee, not sure what I was thinking.

edit: on topic, after some testing, I would not might to have a slight buff in base damage, not too much maybe 32 base cold damage?

Edited by Ninjamander

6 minutes ago, Ninjamander said:

Second, the enemy are in a pause states, meaning they are taking extra damage. This video is irrelevant.

Pausing enemies makes them susceptible to melee stealth multipliers. It has no effect whatsoever on guns.

Edited by SortaRandom

3 minutes ago, Ninjamander said:

First, I strongly believe riven mod should not be taken into account if a weapon is good or not. Second, the enemy are in a pause states, meaning they are taking extra damage. This video is irrelevant.

edit: on topic, after some testing, I would not might to have a slight buff in base damage, not too much maybe 32 base cold damage?

taking extra damage from what? stealth multiplier?

are you okay man?

9 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Pausing enemies makes them susceptible to melee stealth multipliers. It has no effect whatsoever on guns.

9 minutes ago, XaelathRavenstorm said:

taking extra damage from what? stealth multiplier?

are you okay man?

a Big whoops from my end, I just realize this not too long after I post this. I think I was messing around with melee for way too long lol

1 hour ago, Hooride said:

its a buff to Amprex, do the math, also just tested it even not-fully formad its viable in 3rd sorties/floods and Rathum (which has toughest mobs) where it was bad before

28 minutes ago, XaelathRavenstorm said:

LOL OP, stuff that got the best buffs are Amprex Glaxion and Cycron

yeah only with a riven that you are trying to sell for thousands, very funny, Synapse or Amprex do that better with no rivens

Edited by AlinaBee

11 minutes ago, AlinaBee said:

its a buff to Amprex, do the math, also just tested it even not-fully formad its viable in 3rd sorties/floods and Rathum (which has toughest mobs) where it was bad before

The math huh? As far as i know 32% is lower than 50%.