Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shrine of the Eidolon: Hotfix 22.13.4

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, TheAltarBoy said:

I think the latest update broke/improved the game. We were 5 people in a fissure mission. 5 PEOPLE! xD

YjsYWkm.png

(Link for full album) https://imgur.com/a/VAR77

Why is this not a thing? :D

That’s kinda amazing actually. It would be nice to have high level missions that allow lots of players for hyper-specific relic farming. Would be fun and rewarding, and the general mission reward would be a lot of void traces to allow for extended runs. Or something. Either way, cool :)

On 2/22/2018 at 11:25 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed some issues reported with the Hema Ammo mechanic. Essentially increasing Clip size Mods or reducing max Ammo Mods would affect the Ammo pool leading to incomplete clip reloads.

Sad to report that the problem with -ammo mods decreasing the ammo pool still persists.

On 2/22/2018 at 5:25 PM, [DE]Megan said:
  • Disabled special Idle animations when customizing your Warframe Appearance in Arsenal. If a special animation is running when you enter the Appearance screen, it will continue until it's done and further special idle animations will not be played.

Could you enable the idle animations while in the animation set menu? Idle animation is a big factor when it comes to choosing a set, for me at least.

I propose a Compromise: The Ramp up per target was a bit harsh, they were a bit too strong before, but they already have horrid range(Especially in the plains).

How about we keep the initial 1 second ramp up upon activating the gun. But have it only ramp up to 75% full power. Then have another ramp up when you hit a target, ramping up to 100% in... lets say 0.3-0.5 seconds. This will limit its crowd killing function, but let us switch between targets without being completely stopped in our tracks.

Beam weapons are Precision based, high powered, with limited range. Right now if we slip up and our beam misses for even a second, we have to ramp up the damage from the start. That's a low blow, but please, just revise this mechanic a little.

3 hours ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

It will always be: we have fixed something and something has broken down!

HTisMpC.jpg

That's funny but true for most of software(especially things with huge code like Warframe)!

On the other side... Did we ever had a day in Warframe when all the bugs were fixed? I don't remember one.

So at some point they will just move on to upd 23 anyway :satisfied:

50% of the time when loading into cetus, the doors open but cetus hasn't loaded, its just a black abyss, it you try to enter you just fall into nothingness. It used to happen every now and then but now its 50% of the time. 

The only way to fix it is to fast travel however when you try to re-enter the plains the same thing happens, the plains dont load.

The only way to fix it properly is to leave cetus and load back again.

This takes a lot of time and means trying to re-run bounties or eidolons is a massive pita.

Well DE thanks for kicking beam weapons back into the dirt!

Did you forget that you turned warframe in a horde shooter?

A second of ramping to get back full damage, resetting from target to target is to say the least inappropriate...

You did sufficently well in rebalancing most of the ballistic arsenal, then completely dropped the ball when rewamping beam weapons, how?!

Also unresolved troubles with Mirage:

- Xp gain is inconsistent and seems that hall of mirriors clones kills aren't counted for XP gain

- Mirage prime skin gets vandalized when hall of Mirrors ends, reverting on both arms on a texture similar to the one of the standard frame

- Hall of Mirrors from times to times occludes line of sight due to the "holograms" not being edited out when obstructiong your vision

- Hall of Mirrors "holograms" are fully textured like the frame itself instead of simplified to avoid confusion between actual frame and decoys

- in some circunstances one of the extra shots generated by Hall of Mirrors is absent...

On 22/02/2018 at 7:26 PM, phoenix1992 said:

No ember fixes :(

Ember don't need fixes. She can even stay with her current changes, we only need some reliable form of survivability.

I actually liked that they reduced the importance of WoF, people complain that is was the only way they could survive, but she don't need a skill to do everything for her. Her other abilities were left unused not because they were weak, but because WoF was just too good.

Later on I'll make a post about what I think would be a good change to her to give her some decent survivability, without having to touch any of her abilities. And even make the new WoF useful with the reduced range at 100%

Sorry I derrailed the topic, anyway. I'm surprised at how less of a problem these chan ges to Beam weapons are. If nothing, It is now a good tool for aiming training. Some of the weapons even cause decent damage before the 1 second mark. Only big baddies like Napalms and the less impressive Bombards  take long to kill.

On 2/22/2018 at 5:25 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Beam Weapon Changes and Fixes:

• Increased the Beam weapon Damage ramp up time from 0.8 to 1 second.
  • Fixed Beam weapon Damage ramp up not happening per target.

I feel like that is a bit severe to beam weapons. Because now they take much longer to deal with enemies because they have to ramp up per target and because this is a horde game that is a lot of ramping up that needs to be done. It seems to not hit link weapons like the atomos or amprex hard because they can attack many people at once but single target weapons like the rest of them now have to ramp up for each target in a game where you will be constantly switching targets. Also, it doesn't make sense why a beam weapon would ramp up per target rather than per trigger pull. The 1 second ramp up seems fine to me but ramp up per target rather than trigger pull doesn't make sense. 

10 minutes ago, Riruku said:

I feel like that is a bit severe to beam weapons. Because now they take much longer to deal with enemies because they have to ramp up per target and because this is a horde game that is a lot of ramping up that needs to be done. It seems to not hit link weapons like the atomos or amprex hard because they can attack many people at once but single target weapons like the rest of them now have to ramp up for each target in a game where you will be constantly switching targets. Also, it doesn't make sense why a beam weapon would ramp up per target rather than per trigger pull. The 1 second ramp up seems fine to me but ramp up per target rather than trigger pull doesn't make sense. 

Personally, i'm not having much of a problem with these changes. I could see them being a problem to an unmodded weapon, but all my fully modded weapons still do their job properly. Even at level 125 I've yet to have a problem with the longer ramp up. I always modded Beam weapons for status/crit, and before the ramp up, my weapons(flux rifle included) already cause an acceptable damage with sheer procs of status, when the damage ramps up, the enemy is usually left with little to no armor, so they melt in less than a second by then.

You will still take a slightly longer time killing those same enemies with projectile/hitscan weapons(believe me I did the testing yesterday, with both normal and beam weapons. Both in the simulacrum an at the sortie, even with the changes te beam weapons were still faster).

Of course if you miss the enemy you'll be punished by this ramp up. But that is a good thing, if you get used to it you'll even better at the game. 

Everyone will eventually use only AoE weapons at very high levels(most weapons will fall off by then), so it doesn't really make a difference.

Honestly, at this point, you could just change the beam weapons to what they were before the rework, since they are now pratically useless. Why would you even bother reworking them, even though they weren't really that good before, if it's to make them even worse?

And by the way .... 

Citation

Perfect accuracy and high fire rate is balanced by limited range and damage ramping up from 10% to 100% over 0.8 seconds when firing and decays back to 10% over 1 second after stopping.

Citation
Citation

Beam Weapon Changes and Fixes:

• Increased the Beam weapon Damage ramp up time from 0.8 to 1 second.
  • Fixed Beam weapon Damage ramp up not happening per target.

How is this a fix and not a nerf? 

Besides, even if it actually was a fix, who in their right minds would think that ramp up per target would be logical in a horde-based game?

I've been playing beam weapons for a while now, they were a bit ... lacking but eh, I still liked it. Now, they're crap, why would anyone still use them except for mastery? 

Archived