Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Goodnight Jordas.

Seir

Tomorrow is the scheduled removal of raids. It is only fitting he would get misdocked 

UBvc5dq.jpg

I won't say anything about the raids, as I myself am not a raider, and haven't been interested in raids. Ever. I only did them when I needed credits or wanted to play with friends but we were more than 4 online. The topic of raids removal has been beaten to death. So, tomorrow we say our last goodnight to Jordas. Probably permanently. So play the raids while you can, because they are probably never coming back. (DE said they will bring them back but nobody believes them, considering how quick they have brought back Dark Sectors and the King Ping system) 

Goodnight Jordas, enjoy your eternal slumber. 

Amazing video created by @WolfTitan 

To the raid community, thank you for being undoubtedly the best part of Warframe. The most helpful, and the most dedicated.  

Edited by --Q--Nyu

Just now, Stoner said:

You live up to your name. 

Why wish something to be gone, something you can easily avoid, and hurt many many people who do enjoy the content. I wish people like you weren't a thing. 

Did I strike a nerve? Oh do forgive me then, I seem to have forgotten the type of thread I am in. Here let me rephrase my comment then; "Oh no the raids were the most perfect thing in the world, DE should have left them they way they are!"."Also while we are at it, lets ignore all the faults and problems the raids had". 

Did I do well? Am I part of the circlejerking? 

6 hours ago, toxicpanda said:

No my friend, you ARE the ---------.  

Big difference between enjoying something despite it's faults, and being an outright -------- who is here to scream good riddance to try and strike nerves.  

*Redacted so I don't get more warnings* 

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

7 minutes ago, toxicpanda said:

Did I strike a nerve? Oh do forgive me then, I seem to have forgotten the type of thread I am in. Here let me rephrase my comment then; "Oh no the raids were the most perfect thing in the world, DE should have left them they way they are!"."Also while we are at it, lets ignore all the faults and problems the raids had". 

It had its problems, but to outright wish it "good riddance" because you didn't like them while many others did is mischievous. 

Just now, Stoner said:

It had its problems, but to outright wish it "good riddance" because you didn't like them while many others did is mischievous. 

Apologizes. My word usage was, now that I think about it, a bit inflammatory. Sorry. I just didn't enjoy the raids as much as you all did. 

Edited by toxicpanda

Give it a few more open world maps and the same reasoning for removing raids will apply to PoE due to a lack of interest to make it worth the costs of maintaining. Do not pretend that this is a victory over raids just a passing of content that this game goes through because of lack of advertisement, popularity or becoming dated. 

Raids could be back any any time. They could come in the form of a tactical alert on march 32nd with LoR into JV to really mess with people. After the level 100, hour survival for a broken ammo drum I would not put it past DE.

Edited by Brorelia

Raids were a horrible buggy mess, or an affair where you stand on pads and scream at one another, but they were also an amazing source of fun.

Many friends were made raiding, doing speed runs or weird composition plays, like 8-Octavia JV, or Heavy Caliber Javlok LoR's. I don't agree with DE's decision to remove them completely, but I accept that it needs a rework, and hopefully it'll come back better than before. Hopefully not 3 years from now. At least some constant news would be nice. 

12 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Raids were a horrible buggy mess, or an affair where you stand on pads and scream at one another, but they were also an amazing source of fun.

Many friends were made raiding, doing speed runs or weird composition plays, like 8-Octavia JV, or Heavy Caliber Javlok LoR's. I don't agree with DE's decision to remove them completely, but I accept that it needs a rework, and hopefully it'll come back better than before. Hopefully not 3 years from now. At least some constant news would be nice. 

If you do raids with pubs you rarely get a competent group and it is a shouting match to get people on buttons. If you add the competent players and invite them to raids you get a group that can do them consistently under an hour and everyone is fighting to get on every button first with the ones already on buttons using operator to hack panels and doubling up on buttons with operator for the hijack.

It was what you made it. Some would glitch through walls to speed things up and others would not. I found such a group that made them quick an enjoyable but many did not. Most didn't even know about the raids unless told about them or somehow found the blueprint in the shop which is not easy to find randomly.

Edited by Brorelia

3 minutes ago, WolfTitan said:

On a side note, DE can eat dirt for breaking up friendly communities and encouraging helpful players to leave the game.

Amazing video. While I didn't really participate a lot in raids, or never really got into the raid community. I know many who did. I was in a voice chat with over 40 people and they all expressed the impact that raids had in their lives. Not the map itself, not the mission type, but the bonds that were formed trying new ways to speedrun it. A lot of friendships created, a lot of alliances formed, a lot of fun that was had. Many people who had a bad day, and had their raid buddies to just be there and play. That is something no other mission can do. Because of the teamwork nature and the challenge of the raids. This is truly the saddest part of it. A whole community destroyed. 

9 minutes ago, Brorelia said:

If you do raids with pubs you rarely get a competent group and it is a shouting match to get people on buttons. If you add the competent players and invite them to raids you get a group that can do them consistently under an hour and everyone is fighting to get on every button first with the ones already on buttons using operator to hack panels and doubling up on buttons with operator for the hijack.

It was what you made it. Some would glitch through walls to speed things up and others would not. I found such a group that made them quick an enjoyable but many did not. Most didn't even know about the raids unless told about them or somehow found the blueprint in the shop which is not easy to find randomly.

Aye. I pubbed it once, and decided never again. My experience with the 100+ raids I did was mostly through the RSB community, which led me to meet a group of the same people which I had fun with. I avoid pubbing in Warframe as far as I can help it. If I solo, I solo, and if I need help or want company, I usually ask in clan, or any of my friends who are online. 

But that's entirely what I would miss. The general messing about, and not so serious raid runs where we would just go to have fun. Plains is nice, but it doesn't feel the same. 

2 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

Geez if they were such strong bonds then they can still be friends afterwards >.>

Couldn't explain why. Some will keep contact, others will leave the game to never return. And by doing so they distance themselves further everyday, unintentionally even. It happens to every community that loses purpose. 

I'm sad to see them go. I understand DE's reasons, but I believe I'm still allowed to be a bit salty. Thanks for the video @WolfTitan and some good runs near the final days of raids. I think the part that saddens me the most is while I'd been raiding since their inception I only got to see RSB community around raids' last month or so, I'd been missing out. 

Still, I'm going to remain hopeful for raids' return. Good night, Jordas. May you return as a proper, dangerous and satisfying raid boss.