Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx has been ignored for too long by both the devs and the community

TangyBlueBerry

1 minute ago, NezuHimeSama said:

I'm not, though. You just keep projecting that onto me and driving the (lack of) discussion further into the dirt with "nyx is bad baw baw".

do you see the irony here?

No, I projected to you how contradicting her abilities really are. Do you need me to say it again? Here one last time since I know some people need to have something repeated till they understand. Nyx doesn't have synergy, this isn't opinion, but rather a fact.

Nyx's 4 is all about taking damage, and dealing it back. It protects her and allies. However when 2 out of her 4 abilities are designed to redirect fire away from Nyx, having a power designed to take enemy fire is contradicting. You might have a different opinion on weather this is good or bad, but your opinion is irrelevant to the fact that you have 2 powers that will actually make 1 of her powers weaker.

Her 1 has little to no use aside form a specific support unit. Her 1 has an augment that will cause enemies to deal increased damage. Her passive however, will have an RNG chance to disarm an enemy, and we can all agree a Bombards rocket deals more damage than their sheeve. So if you spend energy to cast her 1 on something, only to have them lose a weapon, you effectively love the entire reason to even use the augment for her 1.

Her 2 has no real use other than a weak slash proc and rad proc. Not even guaranteed slash or rad proc. The damage is bad since on most Nyx build syou want range over strength, so overextend is a common mod to use on her, and the rad proc is irrelevant when she literally has a forced rad proc in her 3. The augment can make her 2 somewhat functional, but it's then plagued by the fact the targeting for psychic bolts is questionable at times, and wont always connect with the enemy you want to disable.

Her 4 has no place in a mind control frame. As tanky as she can be with the augment, it does not thematically fit in any shape, way, or form with the idea of mind control.

Now, I know thinking can be hard, and thinking with logic is even harder. But if this isn't clear enough for you to understand that Nyx's powers have no synergy between each other, unlike most frames, then you are a lost cause and there won't be any reason to waste any more time explaining anything to someone as arrogant as you who somehow thinks their opinion proves anyone wrong.

Nyx is about defense, and she does that in a variety of interesting ways. One of them is redirecting hate. Another is absorbing damage into her rather beefy energy meter in a fairly large area. Another is creating a decoy and potential support unit on a whim. Another is... dealing some radiation homing damage on random targets?

I see one problem with Nyx's abilities, and that is Psychic Bolts. Aside from that, her only issue is that her passive disarms enemies at random, which is a S#&$ty passive among S#&$ty passives.

Nyx can lock down wide areas of the map, provide nigh-indestructible cover, and dynamically generate support from eximus and other significant enemy units. That's a pretty #*!%ing useful role to have in general missions. The only issue with Nyx not being favored is that she doesn't fill a meta role, that being hard CC, flat DR, one way cover, high dps, or damage buffs. Her kit is a more generalized slow-paced kit that's absolutely perfect for beginner to intermediate players doing general missions of any variety in pubs, pugs, solo, or with friends.

Get out of the streamlined meta, and nyx is plenty useful and very good to have around.

Nyx can lock down wide areas of the map

No, she can make areas of pure aggression. You want someone who can lock down areas? Try Limbo, Rhino, Vauban, Gara, Frost, or any other hard CC frame. Nyx is soft CC, nothing locked about her.

2 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

and dynamically generate support from eximus and other significant enemy units

Literally no unit provides any worth while buff aside from ancient healers. And why would you make 1 dude a decoy when you can literally make everyone a decoy?

3 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

That's a pretty #*!%ing useful role to have in general missions

Not really, in most missions she is counter productive since she slows down gameplay and a ton of people are all about that speed.

4 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Get out of the streamlined meta, and nyx is plenty useful and very good to have around.

As someone who has been using Nyx for 5 years, most used frame MR24, foudner status so I have been a while with 3.5k hours. I can confidently say, as much as I loved Nyx, there is no reason why I would ever want to one in my team over any other useful frame. I'll still use her, I just wish I coul dbe effective while using her instead of knowing full well I'm playing a gimped frame.

5 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Nyx is about defense, and she does that in a variety of interesting ways.

Her 1 makes enemies fight each other, and her 3 makes enemies fight each other but now it's multiple enemies. Oh yeah, variety, mhmm sure. You want someone with actual variety in their defense? Look at Vauban, that's variety. Nyx is the same flavor in different scoops. 

7 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Another is absorbing damage

BUT WAIT, I THOUGH YOU SAID IT WAS A DEFENSIVE POWER FOR KNOCK DOWN! Why would anyone want to absorb damage at all since it's not a press 4 to win power? You can't even be consistent with your own arguments. You also casually haven't even attempt to apologize for how pompous you were with that stupid "I pointed out how your opinion is wrong" comment.

Instead of replying to things with no context as though the context is different from what it is, try replying to what's actually stated, in context. It's hard to reply seriously when you're so clearly looking to undermine legitimate discussion for internet points.

4 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Instead of replying to things with no context as though the context is different from what it is, try replying to what's actually stated, in context. It's hard to reply seriously when you're so clearly looking to undermine legitimate discussion for internet points.

Your comment remains right there, the context can be seen by anyone and everyone. Rather than complain about having your argument picked apart, make one that isn't so easily shot down. Don't use bad wording like "locked down" when Nyx is a soft CC frame, not hard CC. Don't say Nyx is about defense and good in general play, when in general play you don't need defense but rather offense. Don't say Nyx has variety when she has 3 powers that all boil down to "enemies hit other enemies". Stop trying to make pathetic strawman arguments that I want Nyx to be a press 4 to win DPS frame and try to actually use reasoning as to why people want her to have actual Synergy between her powers.

Basically try to actually have a good argument rather than a fallacious one that isn't worth any merit.

Edited by KingMe42

Just now, KingMe42 said:

Basically try to actually have a good argument rather than a fallacious one that isn't worth any merit.

See, this is what I'm talking about. It contributes nothing to the conversation, and just makes it look like you're desperate to win internet fights by frustrating whoever you're arguing with, but it doesn't really work unless the person is as invested in it as you are.

Just now, NezuHimeSama said:

See, this is what I'm talking about. It contributes nothing to the conversation, and just makes it look like you're desperate to win internet fights by frustrating whoever you're arguing with, but it doesn't really work unless the person is as invested in it as you are.

Kind like when someone says "I proved your opinion wrong with mine" also doesn't add anything to the conversation. Hypocrisy is what people call that. Also we called it ironic when someone where to to add in "your wrong" in a comment, then try to actually say someone is trying to win an internet argument.

I don't want to win anything, I want Nyx to have actual effective powers and be a whole frame, not the current lack luster thing that hasn't been touched in over a year. DE has abandoned and ignored Nyx for ages. I don't give a S#&$ about your arguments, I just don't like it when people talk about things without actually having an idea of what their talking about, and even worse when they have the arrogance to somehow think their opinion is more valuable and more factual than others.

Nyx is not a great frame, I want Nyx to be a great frame, that is all. I want DE to see that they haven't taken Nyx into thought for ages.

You keep saying that, but that's not really what's happened at all in this topic. Instead, anyone coming in to explain nyx's ability set is met with "no ur rong and im rite" and a whole lot of malice. If you actually want Nyx to change, try understanding what she does, why, and instead of dismissing explanation of her kit and it's function/use cases, have a legitimate discussion about her synergy.

I've seen other people make legitimate cases for why certain parts of nyx's kit could be improved, but this topic has been nothing but garbage from the first post, and any attempt for a legitimate conversation has been out the window, largely from the side of players wanting nyx to change.

You really aren't helping your own declared goals with that attitude.

You keep saying that, but that's not really what's happened at all in this topic. Instead, anyone coming in to explain nyx's ability set is met with "no ur rong and im rite" and a whole lot of malice. If you actually want Nyx to change, try understanding what she does, why, and instead of dismissing explanation of her kit and it's function/use cases, have a legitimate discussion about her synergy.

I've seen other people make legitimate cases for why certain parts of nyx's kit could be improved, but this topic has been nothing but garbage from the first post, and any attempt for a legitimate conversation has been out the window, largely from the side of players wanting nyx to change.

You really aren't helping your own declared goals with that attitude.

That was literally only you with the "I already showed how your wrong" attitude. Don't pretend you sit on some high horse of superiority when the fact of the matter is you came here to do 1 thing and 1 thing only. State how your opinion is right, everyone else is wrong, and Nyx should be unchanged. I see no reason why you should expect any other kind of reply that won't be meet with equal levels of toxicity. "No, but see here is how you are wrong" sums up basically your entire argument vs the other uses who at least pointed out the faults in Nyx's kit. We provided constrictive examples of counter synergy between Nyx and her 4 skills, you provided nothing but your own interpretation of Nyx and displayed it as somehow superior. You want to discuss how to improve a frame? 

I understand what Nyx does, what she does is simple. Redirect enemy fire away from the squad towards enemies. Problem is, 2 out of her 3 abilities don't redirect enemy fire well enough, and her 4th power is actually made weaker with enemy fire redirection. The other problem is that is literally all she does and Loki has an augment that can fill a similar role, arguably better. There is little to no complexity in Nyx.

A build I used to use with her was self damage penta/castanas/talons in which I would throw them at my feet, detonate then, then explode. A different play style than the usual press 3 frame (this was before her 4th augment even existed). DE nerfed this of course.

2 minutes ago, Praesagium said:

Idk why you say nyx its not a great frame, sure her psycho bolts are useless, but i use her for sorties and its really good for cc and invulnerability.

You can make any frame work for sorties. Doesn't make them great. Oberon before his rework could be used in sorties, or Hydroid, or Limbo. Didn't mean they didn't need a look at their skills. And her CC is decent, and so is her invulnerability, the problem is that is literally all she has. Chaos and augmented Absorb. Base Absorb is worthless, her 2 has been garbage for years, and her 1 is a worse 3 and only useful on 1 type of enemy.

She needs a full rework on her 2 and 4, QoL touches to her 3, and additions to her 1 to make it stand out from her 3.

No, it's been this entire topic. You say "nyx can't move until after the enemies get up", I say "actually, you can enter absorb again(aka, movement restored) before they finish falling down", you say some snide thing and ignore the information provided so that you can keep trying to undermine the discussion in hopes that it somehow leads in your favor from that.

Honestly, at this point, I'm not reading 90% of what you post because of this. There's just no point in trying to hold a conversation with someone so clearly opposed to conversing about a topic, and understanding the perspectives on the table.

No, it's been this entire topic. You say "nyx can't move until after the enemies get up", I say "actually, you can enter absorb again(aka, movement restored) before they finish falling down", you say some snide thing and ignore the information provided so that you can keep trying to undermine the discussion in hopes that it somehow leads in your favor from that.

Honestly, at this point. There's just no point in trying to hold a conversation with someone so clearly opposed to conversing about a topic, and understanding the perspectives on the table.

And I said over and over and over and over. Without the mandatory augment, this is not something you want to do. The one who ignored information would be you, since you somehow think an ability is good if we dedicate 1 mod slot specifically to make it good.

If you actually read the posts, which you admit you don't, you would see I keep trying to get back on the Nyx track. Of course you don't, so we can't. Ignorance is not an excuse to accuse someone of derailing a conversation. As for someone not trying to understand a perspective, it's funny you say that considering the entire time you have failed to understand my perspective of Nyx has no synergy. If only you actually did what you preach.

at this point

I was, but a few too many times, you guys say "oh no ur just rong theres no reason to respond to this statement because its so rong its just the rongest rong and ur so rong that ur rong".

I've already explained nyx's synergy as a defensive frame. On the other hand, all I see in this topic is that nyx needs to be a DPS smasher 4frame because she's so bad baw baw, rather than looking at her kit, what she does right and wrong, and making legitimate suggestions that would improve her as a frame in the context of warframe being a fun, balanced game.

I've seen good suggestions to improve nyx. I haven't seen many in this topic.

2 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

I was, but a few too many times, you guys say "oh no ur just rong theres no reason to respond to this statement because its so rong its just the rongest rong and ur so rong that ur rong".

I've already explained nyx's synergy as a defensive frame. On the other hand, all I see in this topic is that nyx needs to be a DPS smasher 4frame because she's so bad baw baw, rather than looking at her kit, what she does right and wrong, and making legitimate suggestions that would improve her as a frame in the context of warframe being a fun, balanced game.

I've seen good suggestions to improve nyx. I haven't seen many in this topic.

And I explained how that isn't enough, nor effective. You can repeat yourself with petty starwmans, doesn't make it any more relevant.

Are you seriously that daft? I literally said I didn't want her to be a press 4 to win DPS frame, I want her to have a role and synergy between powers. Have you reached the point where you aren't even actively trying to understand anything and just repeating yourself again? You still haven't said a single word on how bad Absorb actually is without the augment. Why? Why is it so hard to even acknowledge that? Can you make an actual worth while point? Or is ignorance your only viable defensive tactic.

"If I just ignore their argument and keep saying how they want X thing, then surely I will be right because they do want X thing". Are you serious dude?

You haven't made any legitimate suggestions for a fun and balanced frame. You haven't seen many in this post because you haven't contributed to anything but attempting to prove how your opinion is more valid than anyone else. Sure maybe I haven't been the greatest at providing examples, but I'm not a blinded by arrogance that I can't see other peoples view points. I see your view point and your opinion, I just see it as misguided and over all not beneficial to frame improvements because it pretends Nyx is a functioning frame.

Y'ALL NEED TO CHILL. there that is out of my system ive read both your posts from the very start to right around now @KingMe42 chill the #*!% out like seriously ive tried reading your posts as calmly as i can and all i mentally hear is some guy covering his ears and yelling from time to time between moments of clarity @NezuHimeSama your kinda being a $&*^ but dealing with king and trying to argue them i dont 100% fault you for it. For me its like 2 walls trying to fight each other NOTHING IS #*!%ING ACHIEVED and i dont even play nyx 

Edited by seprent
spelling mistakes again

2 minutes ago, seprent said:

Y'ALL NEED TO CHILL. there that is out of my system ive read both your posts from the very start to right around now @KingMe42 chill the #*!% out like seriously ive read reading your posts as calmly as i can and all i mentally hear is some guy covering his ears and yelling from time to time between moments of clarity @NezuHimeSama your kinda being a $&*^ but dealing with king and trying to argue them i dont 100% fault you for it. For me its like 2 walls trying to fight each other NOTHING IS #*!%ING ACHIEVED and i dont even play nyx 

Thank you I guess? i know I'm getting a bit riled up over this, but Nyx has been one of my favorite frames for 5 years, she is literally the reason I started playing when I saw her profile and thought she looked and played cool. 5 years later tho, she just doesn't bring anything to the table in a team that any other frame can't do better. She has no role, her only niche was redirecting enemy fire, and even that has been taken away from her. What use does one of my favorite frames have now?

People like NezuHimeSamma somehow think a frame is ok because extremely specific scenarios and playstyles do more harm than good for improving the game. Worse off is when they somehow try and parade their opinion as right and others as wrong. How do you talk sense into someone who only wants to be right and not actually discuss the topic?

20 minutes ago, KingMe42 said:

Thank you I guess? i know I'm getting a bit riled up over this, but Nyx has been one of my favorite frames for 5 years, she is literally the reason I started playing when I saw her profile and thought she looked and played cool. 5 years later tho, she just doesn't bring anything to the table in a team that any other frame can't do better. She has no role, her only niche was redirecting enemy fire, and even that has been taken away from her. What use does one of my favorite frames have now?

People like NezuHimeSamma somehow think a frame is ok because extremely specific scenarios and playstyles do more harm than good for improving the game. Worse off is when they somehow try and parade their opinion as right and others as wrong. How do you talk sense into someone who only wants to be right and not actually discuss the topic?

hey i can understand wanting your frame to get some love im a volt starter and i would love to see volt get some love for his first ability or something all the ult stuff is nice but that AOE taser i use is for capacitance and only capacitance and ive gone to more harrow game play now so could you both agree to disagree because yelling at each other in the forums isnt going to solve much personally i only come on here to see "stupid" peoples opinions and thoughts ex: "universal vacuum or some jazz and to sometimes watch people fight over nerfs and buffs" and sometimes give my opinion on them i dont expect much from the forums though if you come in here for a source of entertainment you gonna find something that will make you either smile or laugh now normally with my temper on these kinds of thread i would have been ruder when telling you both to stop but i felt that be too unnecessary for lack of a better word since this isnt a ember or chroma thread and you two were kinda having a discussion before it was two walls yelling  TL;DR: @KingMe42 @NezuHimeSama agree to disagree since being two walls arguing is kinda silly try to calm down take 5 minutes or something

Edited by seprent
spelling mistakes and sorry if it sounds $&*^ish but i felt i had to say something

I agree with @KingMe42 mostly.. Nyx is a squishy frame too.. Having to cast so much energy hungry abilities and use of multiple augments for better abilities makes it hard to mod Nyx for the frame and her abilities, in which, her abilities really need to be synchronized with each other to be effective.. 

Chaos doesnt seem to attract enemies to each other at higher levels after cast.. ive still yet to test but im thinking the knockdown effect from absorb would increase the chance of enemies to redirect targeting to each other

Nyx abilities have no DPS.. So Nyx is really a time buying support type of frame.. Which is not fluid in a fast paced gameplay.. I usually only use Nyx for Mobile Defenses or sabotage.. Seems that whats she geared for..

Havent tried [Pacyfing Bolts].. Might be promising with the low energy cost and 50/50 passive disarm and possibility of enemies re-targeting each other? But again its energy consuming with Absorb active and casting a chaos.. And again mod space consuming..

On 3/8/2018 at 6:09 AM, Hixlysss said:

I want to like nyx, I really do. How ever I have issues with her kit. Power 1 and 3 are basically the same thing, except one works on multiple enemies, and even then it's just some CC, not really an effective way of killing enemies. Power 2 is...meh, has a chance to confuse and/or disarm them due to her passive and status chance, but the damage it does is just...pathetic, it's another weak CC power of hers, so she has 3 powers that can do sorta the same thing. Then her ultimate, which is actually kinda cool in concept, except...it's range is pathetic.

Absorb has a mere 10m range at base. On top of that without the augment she is completely immobile once it's cast, allowing ranged enemies to simply...move out of the way, but it works fantastic against infested. So let's move on how to correct these issues, shall we?

First, her power 1...should not be her power one honestly, mind control is something of a staple of her kit, it's kinda what she is known for so we can't really remove it, but it needs to be beefed up, i'm thinking swap it with power 2. So mind control is now her power 2, but what else to do? Well the current issue is, from my experience, Mind Controlled enemies are...worthless for killing, and not that great at pulling aggro, or at least not any better than using Chaos. And so we do a few things, first off is to take the mind control augment and make that a permanent feature of the power, you know the one that adds 500% more damage? What happened to augments not being direct upgrades anyway...but moving on. So give mind control a power strength modifier, having it increase mind controlled targets damage by, starting at, 5x. Secondly, let's have mind controlled targets pull way more aggro, have it taunt enemies like the Djinn can do.Also, perhaps make it a toggle power rather than pure duration?
Ah and for her augment, considering we are planning on taking the existing one and combing it into the power, how about making mind control auto switch to a new target should your current target get killed by his team mates? Alternatively simply increasing the number of mind controlled targets from 1 to 3?

Now let's move on to power 2, psychic bolts, which I already proposed should be changed to power 1, as it kinda just...fits there along with the other power 1s, right? So Psychic bolts is basically a pocket chaos, due to the radiation doing *confusion* status which is...well again, same thing as chaos(Hopefully damage 2.5 changes this), and it has an augment that makes it be an even better pocket chaos...hurrah. So right out the gate it needs a damage boost, and it could also use the treatment most other power 1s have gotten, the whole "Hold to charge" feature, increasing the damage + number of bolts, though the latter could also be increased via power strength. Moving on, remove the radiation damage, simply because it has what..50% base chance to trigger the status effect and it's only 15 damage? It's trying to hard to be pocket chaos...let's make it unique. So instead of it doing radiation damage and confusing enemies, let's have it do a "Psychic Bleed", have the bolts, upon hitting an enemy, stun them(Have em grab their head and squirm around), and once the effect ends they get slammed with let's say a cold + slash effect, because their brains are bleeding from a psychic blast. So it's CC with a bit of damage but at least it's not a direct copy of chaos.
And for the augment...honestly considering the power was already a pocket chaos and the augment just...augmented that, I think this augment can stay as it is, making you need to use a mod slot to have a pocket chaos.

Let's move on to Chaos then, one of her great powers. AoE CC but...just not quite that effective. It's a fairly great power in it's own right, but the issue still remains that the affected enemies can, and will, still notice and shoot you. So a simple change would be to...make them not. Have chaos render the warframes invisible to the grineer, that also gives the players access to the wonderful "Stealth finisher" damage boost, hurrah! And honestly this is...well it's one of her better powers, not much else I can think of without completely redesigning it. But the changes to Mind control, and these tweaks to chaos, make them different enough at this point that further changes aren't really needed.
Also, the augment is decent, i'd probably tweak it to make it closer to how Resonating Quake functions, having you simply slap down chaos and have it slowly pulse out.

And finally, Absorb. My longest standing issue with absorb was it's range, but let's do more than just give it a range buff. First, let's have it's range be it's pull range, and then buff it to 15-20m, make it on par with other warframe ults. So now every shot from an enemy within 15 some odd meters of absorb has it's shots pulled directly into it, kinda like mags magnetize. If possible, have absorb's damage be what ever the primary damage type is used on it, like how Zephyr's tonadoes work but only if enemies shoot you, as I find magnetic damage(The current damage type of absorb) to be rather...lackluster. And finally...i've always viewed Absorb as it collecting bullets and flinging them back at enemies, rather than it just being a big kenetic energy sponge, and so i'd like it to reflect the whole "fling bullets back" idea, let's mix in Ash's ult with this, by allowing Nyx to look at and target specific enemies, and when Absorb goes off...it hits those enemies with the damage, divided amongst them of course. I mean if i'm going to be forced to sit there, motionless, i'm going to want to be able to do something so let's take this mildly interesting mechanic from another frame, and use it on Nyx, and IMO it would be rather fitting, no? 

I think i'll make my own thread with this in it, but here you go.

Lol I said the same thing in someone elses post which i cant seem to find.. Switch ability 1 with 2 since Psychic bolts is spammable and possible redirect targeting of enemies?..

And i totally agree with this entire Reply.. Buff some armor and/or Health also for [Rage] or [Hunter Adrenaline].. Nyx really needs energy to get abilities to sync.. So no energy drops or even initial mission start energy is low unless your rocking [Energy Siphon], Zenurik or energy pads (which i dont care for using energy pads.. I play Hardwired mode :laugh:)

Dunno maybe Psychic bolts could be changed to do some energy vamping as well.. Since reallistically psychiatric's can be energy draining..

Edited by Grimmstyler

@seprent

Your a god of reason and thank you for helping me cool off, but I have to ask you please, please, use some punctuation. Your comment reads like a long winded paragraph and it is hard to differ where a sentence ends and another begins. If english isn't your first language that's fine, spelling mistakes happen to every, but adding commas, dots, and capital letters help make paragraphs far more readable than proper spelling. That said, thank you again anyway, @NazuHimeSama isn't worth the trouble.

Aside from her second ability I quite like Nyx.  She isn't locked down unless you want to use her fourth ability, and she can get herself out of a pinch with that or her other abilities.  I could see an argument for Mind Control getting something done though.  I use it on larger bullet sponge targets most of the time and it feels okay.  Perhaps if it converted some of the enemies defenses like shields, health, or armor onto Nyx while controlled.  That way it could provide a scaling boost to nyx's defenses when she casts it.  That could be interesting. 

• 3 months later...

Loki's been far longer without any love from DE. To my knowledge, he's never once received changes that weren't major nerfs, and he's in desperate need of a rework. Most people find his decoy hard to use and his switch teleport is almost entirely useless. It's kind of like Excalibur's super jump if they decided to keep that ability after parkour 2.0 was introduced. There are now frames that can do everything he does, and in some cases do it better, but DE refuses to even acknowledge problems.

Not looking for a buff or a nerf, just something to add a little synergy between his abilities like how other frames are getting.

On 2018-03-07 at 8:24 PM, KingMe42 said:

Her mind control has next to no benefits other than adding a decoy. Even with the augment, enemy HP scaling far out values their damage and a basic Nyx build has no room for strength.

Her 2 has no use at all without the augment. This isn't a case where the augment changes how you use the ability, no this is a case where the ability is useless without it.

Her 3 is her only power worth using, but you gave Loki's 4 an augment that does the same thing but it also does what her passive does but better.

And her 4 is another case where the power has no use without the augment, worse off it was nerfed because DE wanted to prevent bubble damage stacking between 2 Nyx's, and yet things like Equinox's Main can stack with other Mains for constant damage. It's back watered logic like this that shows the dev team has ignored Nyx for ages.

Her passive is also an issue because it can be counter productive to her other abilities since Mind Control targets will deal less damage, Absorb will absorb less damage, and it's an annoying RNG passive which IMO no passive should be RNG based. 

For the sake of argument, let's say everything you have stated here is correct. 

What are the devs supposed to do about it? What changes are the devs supposed to make?