Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx has been ignored for too long by both the devs and the community

TangyBlueBerry

4 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

my interpretation

also maybe it currently works like that... cause its a weak and very old ability that hasnt seen proper changes in ages

also currently in game it literally does nothing but consume energy if you dont have assimilate equipped,a panic button that holds you still

Edited by TKDancer

Let's get this out first: As an Assimilate Nyx main who occasionally use 3 and don't exactly remember 1 and 2 existed, I don't really give a damn as long as Assimilate isn't nerfed.

My opinion on the rest of her abilities:

1. Mind Control

The concept is fine, but could use slight mechanic changes and some QoL changes:

• Mechanic: Mind-controlled mob should have increased threat level (i.e. aggro)
  • Augment: Should also improve controlled mob's damage resistance against enemy fire (i.e. stored "friendly" fire that release after ability end is not affected)
  • QoL: Should be recastable on the controlled mob to release it (no energy cost)
  • QoL: Should be recastable on another mob to switch mind control target immediately (standard energy cost, currently-controlled mob is released)

2. Psychic Bolt

Frankly, this just needs to be shot back to the drawing board. It's simply hopeless.

3. Chaos

Despite jokes (with valid basis no less) about how this is Discount Loki, it's actually fine.

• Mechanic: Affected enemies should not shoot at the Tenno (as Hixlysss suggested above), they would still shoot at each other, unaffected enemies still have a chance to shoot you despite the affected mob's increased threat level, and stray fire from affected mobs would still damage you

4. Absorb

Damage type is simply bad, and makes little sense for Nyx's theme

• Mechanic: Absorb blast damage type should change from Magnetic to something more useful and/or appropriate, like Radiation (with a proc chance to fit with the frame's theme)
  • Augment: Really should be left untouched, other than carrying over the aforementioned damage type change. It's basically the entire reason Nyx is even relevant right now and it's working very fine, thank you very much.

3 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Like I said, it works fine.

if you have the augment

It serves a role, serves it well

if you have the augment

and doesn't need to be turned into another AOE DPS smasher.

instead its yet another tanking mechanic, and an awkward one at that(if you have the augment)

6bf12efd7e30dee934298cca8830d1c2.png

nothing about this makes me think defensive move

Edited by TKDancer

40 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

even at maxed efficiency the energy drain caused by incoming dmg is very high and lack of mobility, specially without the augment, means relying entirely on chaos to reduce the amount of dmg u absorb, not only that but think about how we're trying to not absorb dmg with the skill named absorb :^/

You do realize that Assimilate is very sustainable with just an augmented Supra, right? I did okay in Mot with a pre-buff Supra (albeit with a good riven) until around the 60-minute mark (where enemies are 100+ with the T4 Void 300% damage modifier).

It's even more ridiculous if you add an Arcane Energize set into the mix. Or if you aren't satisfied, two sets, and upgrade to Supra Vandal (though with two sets you might be better off with a weapon better at killing like Tigris P).

The base Absorb needs some work for Assimilate to not hoard all the glory, yes (especially with LoR gone and no real reason to draw massive aggro to yourself anymore), but you're severely underselling Assimilate's tanking power.

Edited by Mattoropael

8 minutes ago, Mattoropael said:

It's even more ridiculous if you add an Arcane Energize set into the mix. Or if you aren't satisfied, two sets

ha, nice joke

yeah let me just pull over 2k plat out of my tenno pockets to buy a couple

8 minutes ago, Mattoropael said:

The base Absorb needs some work for Assimilate to not hoard all the glory,  but you're severely underselling the Assimilate's tanking power.

maybe i exaggerated slightly, but without a syndicate proc to regen energy and very high efficiency it is awful to maintain

and the big issue here is that absorb is a worthless ability due to the damage output being severely lacking and its range being subpar

assimilate then takes a worthless ability and makes it into an awkward tanking one, this is an issue as the original purpose of absorbing dmg and dealing it back is lost completely

not only that we already have multiple CC+Tank frames so nyx sits in an awkward spot 

absorb needs a change in element (to blast or radiation) a dmg multiplier (similar to AMD even if that means a similar, but higher, dmg cap) and the extra energy cost per 1k dmg absorbed should just be scrapped, complete lack of mobility(or severe slow down+half explosion range with augment) is enough of a drawback

Edited by TKDancer

11 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Try grabbing a Bombard or Napalm in Sorties and see the damage it does to see if the skill isnt worth it, specially with the Augment, same goes for Ancient Healers who your team can benefit from his heals and buffs.

Even with augment, they hardly do anything. Bombard is probably the worst example since its damage is really low in comparison to Napalm, which in turn, also does almost nothing. And Ancient Healers hardly do anything to help your team.

Radiation proc from the Augmented Radial Disarm only lasts 6 seconds no matter how much Power Duration you have. Nyx's Chaos can last much longer and with the Augment it can keep a large area affected by it.

Who cares when everything is disarmed? And also if I were to use an augment for her 3, I would rather not use it at all and spam her regular 3 because it's far more reliable.

Main and Absorb are both two completely different mechanics, one applies a constant DoT to an area and stacks damage based on the damage delth, the other absorbs and amplifies the damage absorbed and can be charged much faster before released. The augment only reduces the Skill's range and allows the player to move with it active. Only change i think needs to be made is changing the Element from her 4th skill from Magnetic to something else like Blast.

Yeah, that would be pretty useful since magnetic damage is by far probably the worst type of elemental damage. I would rather see her 4 dealing radiation damage, just so it matches the damage type of psychic bolts.

But before that, I'd much rather see it doing ANYTHING because at this point in time, there is no point in choosing to charge up and release your Absorb's blast over spamming melee attacks with virtually any decently-modded weapon.

10 hours ago, Cryptix123 said:

a) Nyx doesn't do damage...

She should. The fact that she doesn't makes her 4 straight-out worse than 4 of Valkyr.

b) You mention this yourself, Mind Control makes a decoy and enemy health scaling is far more effective than attempting to beat the players in damage.

How is that relevant to anything? The point was - mind control is mediocre at everything it does - and it's absolutely correct. Why would you even use her 1 to make a decoy if you can use 3 and do almost exactly the same thing but faster, better and for longer (iirc).

c) One point you neglect to mention with absorb is Maim doesn't make you invincible.

Yeah. By using absorb you essentially throw yourself into a death trap because as soon as a nullifier shows up and starts walking towards you, you are basically screwed because of the animation of leaving the bubble.

10 hours ago, NezuHimeSama said:

I can understand wanting Nyx to get some updates to some of her abilities(well, her 2 anyway) but honestly, if anything, she needs a nerf. Nyx is easily one of the most effective frames in the game.

Sure. Of course she does.

I feel like Nyx's 1 and 4 should be buffed so they actually do something. In my opinion her 4 should act similarly to Nova's 2  - it is way harder to charge it and it is shorter ranged so damage multiplication would not be a very effective damage-dealing ability - but at least it would work.

Her 3 should act in a way that would make enemies focus on each other rather than on the Nyx. If you cast chaos and then kill something before enemies get out of their stagger animation, you are more than likely to be shot at by majority of them

2 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Even without the augment, it works fine and serves a role. It creates a defensive bubble that blocks enemy fire in that area, and knocks enemies down when released, with the added bonus of dealing damage.

thats an awful role

"sit still to avoid dmg and do a poopy knockdown and maybe 300 dmg through armor" no, it needs changing

43 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

It's one of the best anti-damage skills in the game. It needs no change.

Not everything needs to be a dps-smasher 4frame.

sitting still to do a knockdown is awful, and an ability meant to absrob and deal back dmg should deal dmg, if such changes came to pass u could just not build nyx for dmg

like, if i want to just avoid dmg and do knockdowns i could switch to operator

Edited by TKDancer

Il y a 1 heure, TKDancer a dit :

thats an awful role

"sit still to avoid dmg and do a poopy knockdown and maybe 300 dmg through armor" no, it needs changing

Allies can charge it, and it's reasonable to expect reaching 200-300k in lvl 150 content. I know i did this.

2 minutes ago, sixmille said:

Allies can charge it, and it's reasonable to expect reaching 200-300k in lvl 150 content. I know i did this.

allies cant charge it with assimilate on, that was nerfed, not only that but friendly fire takes way too much energy out of nyx cause of our weapon's dmg output being too great AND armored enemies have even more armor at 150, so dont expect to do any dmg to them with 300k stored dmg without 4 corrosive projections on ur squad

u know what 120k-ish absorbed dmg does vs a 110 corrupted bombard with 1 CP equipped? 

866f06f9d108999198c7b8fe93994ae1.jpg

this much

While mind control doesnt do much damage, its understandable, because its basically a radiation proc with a duration. As far as the augment goes, iv only ever noticed a difference when using old napalms and high level corpus techs, but the ability is still something i would consider fun, even if only in theory. 

It would be nice if nyx could allow the operator to use transference on an enemy, destroying their mind in the process, probably draining health off nyx or something.

But regardless, in theory, the ability is cool to use. Added utility, extra features, more damage would be nice.

Psychic bolts is a problem...it would be nice if that was the disarm ability, and it had a 50/50 chance to either disarm or irradiate but always did one or the other. 

Passive: With this, i would make irradiated enemies and mind controlled enemies show up on a map as well as glow faintly through walls.maybe itd be a weak passive...

But the passive wouldnt even be too much a problem if enemies when mind contolled automatically got their weapons back.

Mind control shines when you grab a helion in the air who rains missiles down on enemies, the arson bombard who is about to wreck your face into the floor, or those old school napalms you dont see anymore (thankfully) that could kill you with a 5 mile wide radius of flaming death...

Chaos feels more like an ultimate than absorb, absorb takes too much energy...you should be able to choose when you want to absorb damage and when you want to sit, and it should have a duration.

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO

42 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

did assimilate every charge from allied fire? I don't recall that ever being a thing.

It's a damage barrier. It's not there to be a DPS smasher 4frame skill. It's perfectly fine at what it does and what it does is a perfectly fine thing to do.

if it was a damage barrier why are we absorbing dmg in the 1st place? i'll tell you why: so we can deal it back

also what happened to your 300k absorbed dmg vs 150 enemies? :^/

its not perfectly fine

d732a1214c21a9d14e885c238e9865e6.png

3 hours ago, NezuHimeSama said:

It's one of the best anti-damage skills in the game. It needs no change.

Not everything needs to be a dps-smasher 4frame.

this is what i say all the time. some people want frames to do things they arent supposed to. some of the people in this thread haven't yet realized absorb got nerfed because of abuse. they probably feel the same way about embers WoF nerf. again it was all about abuse. same with mesa, same with mag's greedy pull.

the title of this thread is quite absurd. she doesnt need love. maybe some QoL but nyx is fine.

3 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

absorb got nerfed because of abuse

assimilate got 'nerfed'  cause of allies depleting nyx's energy due to the extra energy cost per 1k dmg absorbed

and generic absorbed was nerfed as it lost the ability to trade explosions, which is simply weird considering equinox who came 1 year later keeps their ability to trade maims to this day... either an oversight that lasted 3 years or they DE changed their minds on trading damage explosions continuously 

(i'll also point out that the change to absorb trading was made 4 years ago, so maybe its time for DE to take another look at this change and nyx in general)

by looking at her patch notes, nyx hasnt had proper changes in a long time, mostly just adding augments and her passive, tons of bug fixes and conclave(ha) changes

nyx isnt fine

absorbing over 120k dmg and doing this(with CP):

866f06f9d108999198c7b8fe93994ae1.jpg&key

ISNT fine

3 hours ago, NezuHimeSama said:

So it has an excuse to knock enemies down and remove weaker enemies nearby(in particular melee units)

we wouldnt need to absorb dmg for that, how many other skills with knockdowns/ragdolls do we have that dont rely on absorbing dmg?

Edited by TKDancer

5 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

How many AOE knockdown blasts do we have that don't do damage?

most are usually 1's and dont have a dmg absorption mechanic, some getting special effects from augments(e.g. sonic boom) others that arent 1s have other effects on top of them(e.g. stomp, reckoning) and some are just pitiful(e.g. pull)

6 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

For that matter, how many AOE blasts do we have based on shields that deplete with damage that also deal damage do we have that don't somehow absorb and redirect damage?

uhm ur phrasing is actually not letting me understand the question, could you rephrase?

Sonic Boom does damage, as does Pull, Stomp, Reckoning, Crush...

We have shield abilities that drain something based on enemy damage to prevent them from being endless infinite shields like retro-frost-globe.

Frost globe absorbs damage, and can be used to redirect it against enemies by bursting the shield. Rhino's Iron Skin with Iron Shrapnel can do this as well. I think maybe Mass Vitrify doesn't? Maybe? Not entirely sure. It does absorb damage, though.

edit: oh hey mass vitrify doesn't seem to absorb damage. Neat. That would make it the odd one out.

Edited by NezuHimeSama

49 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

assimilate got 'nerfed'  cause of allies depleting nyx's energy due to the extra energy cost per 1k dmg absorbe

we wouldnt need to absorb dmg for that, how many other skills with knockdowns/ragdolls do we have that dont rely on absorbing dmg?

you crack me up. the majority of people wanted Friendly fire gone from assimilate and thats exactly what we got.

pull, stomp, ripline, sonic boom, resonating quake, crush, divine spears, and on and on and on. nyx is fine.

8 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Sonic Boom does damage, as does Pull, Stomp, Reckoning, Crush...

sonic boom's dmg is pitiful and it doesnt have a dmg absorption mechanic

same for pull

stomp will stop even bosses in their tracks

reckoning strips armor( a lot )

crush,,,, can strip armor(i still think the fracturing crush+polarize thing is an oversight), plus regens shields

absorb lets u avoid dmg by absorbing and does a pitiful knockdown with pitiful dmg

10 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

We have shield abilities that drain something based on enemy damage to prevent them from being endless infinite shields like retro-frost-globe.

Frost globe absorbs damage, and can be used to redirect it against enemies by bursting the shield.

now u are grasping at straws, also, snow globe does finisher dmg based on enemy HP by casting it with people in range(they are sent flying and if they hit a wall they take a big chunk of % finisher dmg so,, woops)

11 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Rhino's Iron Skin with Iron Shrapnel can do this as well. I think maybe

are you really comparing iron skin to absorb? huh thats some desperation, also iron skin and snowglobe both have a tiny window to absorb dmg

14 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

oh hey mass vitrify doesn't seem to absorb damage. Neat. That would make it the odd one out.

nope, but splinter storm can scale infinitely