Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentirum spawn rate & general burnout

Zanchak

So I have around 2000 hours, give or take a few hundred since Im not looking right now, and I only ever miss time logging in if Im too green from chemo but it wasn't until this one "gem" that I find myself cringing at the thought of logging in at all to grind for what I need.

The spawn rate for this gem is ridiculous. I can spend more than one cycle out on the plains and walk away with 2-4 sentirum.. and thats WITH a booster after trawling all over the plains.

With a booster!

So you spend plats, which you buy with real money, which supports development - and are barely rewarded for hours scribbling on rocks anyway. At least the boost is noticable with other things. Sentirum is just a slap in the face. When you've done everything and have everything all that's left is building all the arcanes for the operators (and they are just another painful thing that make the warframes I spent time modding "just right" pointless)

I'd just really urge you to rethink the amount of gems (all kinds) players get (base or boosted) for their efforts because there is grind and then there is ridiculously taking advantage of peoples love of the game, and some of these gems are heavily crossing into that area.

I never thought I'd not feel like logging in to my fav game, it's been a lifesaver when Im stuck in a bubble. It's disheartening, to say the least.

If we could get them thro bounties(even tho I hate them to the death from the burnout and lack of interest in PoE in general) it would help somewhat but won't fix the problem aka one per mining node.

Edited by HellVOps

I've had pretty much the same issue (though it doesn't give me burnout since it's not the only thing I go and do) but sort of the other way around, in that I get a decent amount of Sentirum but Nyth is nowhere to be found. I don't think the solution is necessarily to make them spawn more, or drop more. I think the issue is that you need 33 of any given gem to make one max-rank Arcane, on top of standing costs and what else.

Best thing to do is NOT to clear the entire map. you need to mine just 2 areas. the current open grineer cave and camp 2. after that leave and reload. This ensures you are only running the two densest mining areas on the plains. (sometimes the plains will show no spawns, just reload again)

As you noticed. mining the entire plains is a waste, mostly because these two areas contain most of the nodes combined and require nearly no travel time between nodes.

Hope this helps ease the pain. 

I'm okay with the current spawn rate, but what really worries me is whether that stuff we built pays off all the work.

With a booster and a Smeeta, it normally takes me 4 hours to get 30 Sentirum/Nyth, looking for blue nodes during Bounties only when my Smeeta's Double Drop Charm is active.

Yes, it is quite painful. My greatest gripe is if you put a little effort and get a perfect mining score, you still get 1 of those (2 if booster)

Glad I'm done with wisps and those gems. They should really boost their ratio a bit.

And no, I shouldn't be forced to trade for something I'm supposed to be able to farm after investing all that rep in mining tools and whatnot.

1 hour ago, Fishyflakes said:

Just buy them in Trade Chat
/thread

I love how people are pretentious enough to do this.

‘Hurr furkin durr spend yurr plurrtinurrm urn duh thurng yuh neurrd, is furn urs it urrrs.

Close thuuread.’

Get lost.

Edited by (PS4)Aerik93

1 hour ago, Fishyflakes said:

Just buy them in Trade Chat
/thread

Thankfully the feedback wasn't for you, because this isn't an acceptable solution to an incredibly ridiculous spawn rate. I'd of thought my hours played would of suggested I am aware of trade existing.

31 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Best thing to do is NOT to clear the entire map. you need to mine just 2 areas. the current open grineer cave and camp 2. after that leave and reload. This ensures you are only running the two densest mining areas on the plains. (sometimes the plains will show no spawns, just reload again)

As you noticed. mining the entire plains is a waste, mostly because these two areas contain most of the nodes combined and require nearly no travel time between nodes.

Hope this helps ease the pain. 

I'll give this a try when I inevitably end up logging in later.. which is what they count on. :(

I do think the fact they're tradable does have to be partially considered. I trade mine to my friend in exchange for fish sometimes since I spend way more time mining than she does and vice versa.

Edit: The fact you don't need mountains of them either is partly why. If you want to be overly ambitious and build hordes of gear, lots of patience or trading is kind of par for the course.

The drop quantities could be better though. It being locked to 1 (2 with booster) is kind of exhausting. If it randomly gave 1-3 at base so you'd occasionally hit jackpots it would be a ton more enjoyable.

Edited by (PS4)Vagnar

Just now, (PS4)Vagnar said:

I do think the fact they're tradable does have to be partially considered. I trade mine to my friend in exchange for fish sometimes since I spend way more time mining than she does and vice versa.

The drop quantities could be better though. It being locked to 1 (2 with booster) is kind of exhausting. If it randomly gave 1-3 at base so you'd occasionally hit jackpots it would be a ton more enjoyable.

Honestly yes, even this would give some incentive, a hope that you might get a few instead of 1(2)

Without a booster, yes, the progress is much slower, but the gems are supposed to be rare. And by how they drop, they aren't really that rare. The chance of getting them from the veins is not really a problem, it's actually 'ok', you don't need anywhere close to a perfect trace. The problem is the blue veins are rarer to appear compared to orange, giving you a lesser amount of attempts.

But boi do i not share this experience with boosters, so i'll call this hogwash or really crap luck, like really bad. I'm actually sitting at almost 220 heart nyths and 190 radian sentirums, after having crafted virtuous strike (2 sets) and fury, as well as magus husk, vigor, elevate, nourish. It skyrocketed from around 70 and 60 ish without booster and before starting with the arcanes around 20 days ago and since I have an absurd surplus, I finished the requirements way earlier.

With a resource (orange) booster, you get twice the amount, but the veins are still rare, but can still walk at least with 2-8 (mixed between nyths and sentirums) on the timeframe of a 4/5 stage bounty.

Now, since one of the recent hotfixes, the holy grail for mining blue veins is the drop chance (blue) booster, blue veins become insanely common, like really, and you can walk out with 10-20 (mixed) or even more in a single bounty if you pair it with the orange booster. This blue one for fish is also insane. 3/7 days and you really do get that plat worth to clear any fish/gems requirement and have a surplus.

Is this how it is supposed to be? to me this is just like the rest of the game, plat/money to rush stuff up, the entirety of DE's business model.

2 hours ago, Zanchak said:

I can spend more than one cycle out on the plains and walk away with 2-4 sentirum.. and thats WITH a booster

There's no argue that farming Eidolon gems is a heavier grind than most other resources in the game, considering 100+ of each is needed to put a proper operator loadout together, so maybe giving the drop rates another look wouldn't hurt.. So I'm not saying your complaint regarding the drop rates is entirely invalid But those numbers you mentioned means there's definitely something you're not doing right. Gem drop rates were considerably buffed with 22.10.2, 22.11.0 and 22.12.0, and currently this is how the system works:

For those of you who may not have been aware, mining in the Plains has a base chance, as well as a bonus based on your accuracy, to reward a rare gem. You can tell how accurate you are by the number of gem icons that you fill up while mining. Each filled gem icon increases the total chance to receive a rare gem. 

• 15% Base + 3% per filled gem icon 

• The Mining outline now stays visible longer (8 seconds) while you're cutting.
  • Reduced the accuracy required to get a perfect Mining extraction, meaning you don’t need to be as close to the line as before!

• Resource Drop Chance Boosters now affect Mining and Fishing, doubling the chance to get gems and the base number of fish spawns! (Previously only regular Resource Boosters affected the Plains)

After those updates hit, I've been getting 30 ~ 40 gems per run (just with boosters, no Smeeta) by only mining the open cave and Camp 2, or 70 ~ 80 gems per run if I'm bored and decide to do a circle across all the camps and caves. And that's just some quick casual mining, without stressing too much on getting 5/5 on every vein.

For best chance of getting a gem from blue veins:

• Advanced Cutter (obviously)
  • Resource Booster & Resource Chance Booster
  • Just do the open cave and camp 2 and return to Cetus
  • Try to mine the blue veins as accurately as possible (5 stars = 60% gem chance with booster)
  • Optionally, bring a Smeeta Kavat with you (but don't waste your time waiting on Smeeta's buff. Sometimes it doesn't pop up for 10mins)

Putting together a decent operator loadout and an arcaned zaw (apart from the Quills/Ostron standing grind) shouldn't take longer than ~2 cycles of dedicated mining with boosters. If that's not the results you're getting, there may be something you're overlooking.

Good luck.

Edited by aerelm

15 minutes ago, nms. said:

Without a booster, yes, the progress is much slower, but the gems are supposed to be rare. And by how they drop, they aren't really that rare. The chance of getting them from the veins is not really a problem, it's actually 'ok', you don't need anywhere close to a perfect trace. The problem is the blue veins are rarer to appear compared to orange, giving you a lesser amount of attempts.

But boi do i not share this experience with boosters, so i'll call this hogwash or really crap luck, like really bad. I'm actually sitting at almost 220 heart nyths and 190 radian sentirums, after having crafted virtuous strike (2 sets) and fury, as well as magus husk, vigor, elevate, nourish. It skyrocketed from around 70 and 60 ish without booster and before starting with the arcanes around 20 days ago and since I have an absurd surplus, I finished the requirements way earlier.

With a resource (orange) booster, you get twice the amount, but the veins are still rare, but can still walk at least with 2-8 (mixed between nyths and sentirums) on the timeframe of a 4/5 stage bounty.

Now, since one of the recent hotfixes, the holy grail for mining blue veins is the drop chance (blue) booster, blue veins become insanely common, like really, and you can walk out with 10-20 (mixed) or even more in a single bounty if you pair it with the orange booster. This blue one for fish is also insane. 3/7 days and you really do get that plat worth to clear any fish/gems requirement and have a surplus.

Is this how it is supposed to be? to me this is just like the rest of the game, plat/money to rush stuff up, the entirety of DE's business model.

I never run without boosters anymore, Im too sick to spend double the time I need to grinding nowadays, so as much hogwash as you think it may be, it isnt. I walk away with 2-4 and thinking back Im pretty sure 6 was my max, with boosters. I don't have nearly as much issue with nyth. Maybe you are just really blessed with luck, I surely am not.

1 minute ago, aerelm said:

There's no argue that farming Eidolon gems is a heavier grind than most other resources in the game, considering 100+ of each is needed to put a proper operator loadout together, so maybe giving the drop rates another look wouldn't hurt.. So I'm not saying your complaint regarding the drop rates is entirely invalid But those numbers you mentioned means there's definitely something you're not doing right. Gem drop rates were considerably buffed with 22.10.2, 22.11.0 and 22.12.0, and currently this is how the system works:

After those updates hit, I've been getting 30 ~ 40 gems per run (just with boosters, no Smeeta) by only mining the open cave and Camp 2, or 70 ~ 80 gems per run if I'm bored and decide to do a circle across all the camps and caves. And that's just some quick casual mining, without stressing too much on getting 5/5 on every vein.

For best chance of getting a gem from blue veins:

• Advanced Cutter (obviously)
  • Resource Booster & Resource Chance Booster
  • Just do the open cave and camp 2 and return to Cetus
  • Try to mine the blue veins as accurately as possible (5 stars = 60% gem chance with booster)
  • Optionally, bring a Smeeta Kavat with you (but don't waste your time waiting on Smeeta's buff. Sometimes it doesn't pop up for 10mins)

Putting together a decent operator loadout and an arcaned zaw (apart from the Quills/Ostron standing grind) shouldn't take longer than ~2 cycles of dedicated mining with boosters. If that's not the results you're getting, there may be something you're overlooking.

Good luck.

I get plenty of the other gems, its the sentirum Im walking out with very little. I have been wandering the whole plains though, rather than as a couple of you have suggested so Ill def try it that way next time I fall in there.

1 hour ago, Zanchak said:

Thankfully the feedback wasn't for you, because this isn't an acceptable solution to an incredibly ridiculous spawn rate. I'd of thought my hours played would of suggested I am aware of trade existing.

I mined all my Sentirum and Nyth so calling it "incredibly ridiculous" is just being overdramtic imo.

I have Two operator Arcanes and Two exodia sets so I doubt I need to ever mine again :blush:

Oh, wait. I didn't test the spawn rates with boosters after 22.10.1.

Just did a few runs and got Nyths and Sentirums like candy, I think I can get 30 of each in one hour with boosters and Smeeta (and drop chance booster is rewarded pretty often on sorties). Add this with the amount of Shards from Tridolon, and you got some trivial farming to make Operator/Zaw/Amp arcane sets.

Seems like a case of bad luck for you, OP.

I think DE are just trying to make the content last.

DE has a dilemma because there are players who run through all of the content, get burned out, then have nothing to do and start complaining about it. So they have to make sure the content lasts in order to keep the playerbase busy but they also have to make the content easy enough to get so that people still enjoy the game.

I would personally just play the game normally and pick up stuff when I am out (semi farming) and mix that in with some proper farming too. Play other game modes (if it isn't finished) so that I can still have fun and mix that in with some trading.

Edited by viperveteran

5 hours ago, Zanchak said:

The spawn rate for this gem is ridiculous. I can spend more than one cycle out on the plains and walk away with 2-4 sentirum.. and thats WITH a booster after trawling all over the plains.

It just isn't like that any more.I wrote topic also on how sentirum and nyth farm is tedious but that was before updates and buffs mining got.

Now it is very easy to get them but I am using all available buffs like:

-Double resource booster(yellow one)-Gives you 2x gems

-Double drop chance booster(blue one)-Makes much more gem veins (blue veins) appear but doesn't influence chances of getting nyth and sentirum and doesn't influence amount you get.This booster is very good and effective.

-Smeeta kavat-120s buff gives you 2x gems if it is active.Also it can proc multiple times giving you much more than 2x gems but that is very rare to happen.

This also influences fishing in same manner.

I tested double drop chance resource booster(with smeeta and other booster also) and I usually got around 25 sentirum and around 15 nyth on 30 min farming run.

DEs changes to mining is more than good and mining is good now.

Good work and thumbs up to DE for this.

19 hours ago, Fishyflakes said:

I mined all my Sentirum and Nyth so calling it "incredibly ridiculous" is just being overdramtic imo.

I have Two operator Arcanes and Two exodia sets so I doubt I need to ever mine again :blush:

That comment at least included information rather than a presumptuous /thread (and drops/spawn rates arent the same for everyone, quite clearly)

I did manage to get 14 sentirum (with booster) from the open cave and camp 2, trying out what was suggested here. Thing is, I usually do both those places anyway since Ive been wandering all over the map (wont be doing that anymore) so Im not sure why its usually so low for me. My clanmate got 4, with booster. Maybe rng just hates us in general. I'll just keep doing those two until everythings built and hopefully get 14 more often, maybe by then the sacrifice quest will exist to keep my broken body occupied lol