The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fellow Tenno, Please Stop the MR Abuse!

Hey guys! First time poster here. I have been playing Warframe for awhile now and absolutely loving it! My experience with the community has been generally a positive one. It's because of you guys that I have been able to play this game and understand concepts that are otherwise not explained or there is very little information about in the game. 

Having said that, I have noticed a trend that has started to appear at least among the console players and that has to do with the MR. In three different instances in the past few days I have come across players with a relatively high MR that join a squad full of newbies ,like myself, and end up doing absolutely NOTHING. Sure, they do move around enough to not be kicked out of the mission but they do not participate in fights, do not contribute to the mission goal and generally just become a nuisance. I understand that sometimes dealing with new players in tough missions can be a bit annoying, but to not contribute and try to leech off other players simply because they are of lower rank than you is cowardly and downright stupid. 

So if you happen to be one of those people, I would like to make a few simple suggestions in order to make the gaming experience better for both of us. 

- If you don't have the time to do the mission, please don't join. There are always missions to do anyway.

- If you don't like playing with low rank players, simply leave the squad and find one you find suitable. It keeps everyone happy. 

- Generally don't try to leech off of other people. No matter their rank. 

- Would be nice if DE could implement a way to stop anyone from leeching but I'm not sure if it's possible. 

Thank you all for reading and happy gaming! 

Wait really? I haven't seen that happen as far as I've been playing. For the most part, higher MR people have been just joining new squads to help out and explain the game. Other than that, higher level players normally do riven challenges on lower level missions, as it is way easier to complete certain challenges at lower levels. 

Leeching is not tied to platform or MR.

It happens everywhere.

As a sidenote:

In your specific case this behaviour is dumb², because a high ranking player whould most likly have the tools available to simply plow through the mission and geht to the loot a lot faster...

In any case, as i said, leeching happens everywhere in Warframe. There are numerous threads a week, which feature this exact problem. Up until now DE refused to implement measures like for example a vote/kick-system in fear it could be abused.

I've played Warframe since version 7.something on PC and in all honesty, at this point I'd take the chance of being unjustly kicked every now and then over leeches...

This is basically just a meta complaint. Preventing people from doing what they do is impossible. This is an online game and not everyone plays nice. If you don't like how someone else plays, just leave. Telling people "don't leech" literally solves nothing.

3 minutes ago, Zephyr_TheMLGPro said:

Maybe they think "I better not nuke the whole tileset and let the low mr guys kill enemies and have fun."

Exactly what I do when newbies join my squad

As a high MR player, I have modded most of my warframes to nuke the map and if i do that these people complain that we are not letting them have fun. The recent ember change is also because of those latter complaints

Don't know if it can be done, but on PC players can be reported for leeching.

However, if they are moving or doing some minimal effort, reporting for afk might not be valid because the user isn't afk, they might be leeching, but there is no clear line of what is leeching or not.

I can however tell you is that a playing player or an efficient player will always be efficient in every mission, so if that player joins mission without doing much, then the results will reflect that, which will make the user grind more and spend more time to achieve what he wants, so as much fun leeching sounds, it is at the end of 1000 missions, a dreadfull way to play that brings dreadfull results.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (PS4)LittleCloud:

I don't think you understand how affinty work, if a veteran player joins and kills everything you new players would only get 25% of the affinty. If a new player kill they get 100% of the affinty.

I'm pretty sure this is not true...

And i googled  a few minutes, since I'm not entirely sure, however, I did not come across any source that whould support your claim.

I'm positive it's not an MR prejudice like you think. That doesn't make sense. More likely it's that they are just standard leeches, which happen to have high MR due to their habit of leeching. 

Others have pointed out some good points about high MR players being more equipped to wipe the map effortlessly which prevents you from getting full exp, but honestly that doesn't make sense as the case either. These people are essentially afk, and if they didn't want to team with lowbies they would wreck everything quickly just to get out of there faster. In those scenarios (I'm MR25) I just slow my kill pace to only kill slightly faster than the lowbie people to avoid dominating the mission unless it's an emergency...then I go all Krakatoa on the place.

1 minute ago, Walkampf said:

And i googled  a few minutes, since I'm not entirely sure, however, I did not come across any source that whould support your claim.

The killer gets 100% xp to the weapon or warframe he is using to kill, where that xp is shared between warframe and weapons[25%,25%.25%.25%] for who are not killing

15 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

It's not correct. 

The new players get 100% of the affinity, provided they're in range.  Shared affinity is split among all equipped weapons and the warframe, 25% to the frame, 75% split between all equipped weapons.

For the player who kills, it's either 50/50 split between warframe and weapon for kills made with a weapon, and 100% to the frame for kills with abilities.

Edited by Phatose

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Zephyr_TheMLGPro:

Maybe they think "I better not nuke the whole tileset and let the low mr guys kill enemies and have fun."

vor 2 Minuten schrieb BaadshahPrime:

Exactly what I do when newbies join my squad

As a high MR player, I have modded most of my warframes to nuke the map and if i do that these people complain that we are not letting them have fun. The recent ember change is also because of those latter complaints

Even if you mean well, you are still leeching if you don't do anything.

When i play low-level missions then i make sure to seriously handycap myself.

Usually with dragon keys.

Otherwise i'd shoot myself in the foot, because it's no fun to cough enemies to death.

Im max Mr I try as hard as I can on every mission I do... and this too can often get complaints if I'm obliterating everything  and others have nothing to do.   When I join pub matches I never pay attention 2 Mr at all.  Mr abuse does happen,  it is usually pretty prejudicial for raids and eidolon hunts, though the raids are going away.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

10 minutes ago, (PS4)LittleCloud said:

I don't think you understand how affinty work, if a veteran player joins and kills everything you new players would only get 25% of the affinty. If a new player kill they get 100% of the affinty.

Well... That's wrong... When an ally kills an enemy, you get 100% of that affinity, distributed as:
25% to your frame

the remaining 75% distributed to your weapons evenly (25 each if you have 3, 37.5 each if you have 2, and 75 if you only have 1)

4 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Even if you mean well, you are still leeching if you don't do anything.

When i play low-level missions then i make sure to seriously handycap myself.

Usually with dragon keys.

Otherwise i'd shoot myself in the foot, because it's no fun to cough enemies to death.

i dont think anyone would want to leech from a low ranking player, without being afk. cause they can finish the mission 10 times faster than the newbies, and if they are afk, well u can report them

Edit: Also I most of the time let them know that I wont do anything and let them have fun, and if they can't handle the mission, I will interfere

Edited by BaadshahPrime

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Phatose:

It's not correct. 

The new players get 100% of the affinity, provided they're in range.  Shared affinity is split evenly among all equipped weapons and the warframe, so it's typically 25% to each weapon and 25% to the warframe.  If they only have one weapon equipped, it's 50% to that weapon, 50% to the warframe.

Exacly, distribution aside, you get 100% affinity, on the contrary to what LittleCloud claimed.

vor 12 Minuten schrieb (PS4)LittleCloud:

3 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

It's not specifically veteran vs newbie. What they mean is that your kills split the xp given to allies in range between all of their equipped gear, rather than 100% to the frame for their ability kills, or 50/50% to Frame and Weapon with that weapon's kill. It slows leveling a particular item if it's not being used to make the actual kill. The problem is even worse if they made the kill outside of affinity range, where you then get 0 affinity for it.

vor 1 Minute schrieb BaadshahPrime:

i dont think anyone would want to leech from a low ranking player, without being afk. cause they can finish the mission 10 times faster than the newbies, and if they are afk, well u can report them

I agree. I even wrote exacly that further top. ;-)

It just doesn't make sense in any way. As i said, leeching from low MR players is dumb². You are ruining somebody elses experience while simultaniously hindering your own progress.

Dammed if do, damned if I don't situation. If I take my time and let newbies enjoy the mission, the argument above may apply. If I don't take my time and plough thro the mission and rush it, then I hog most of the exp(really? it's 25% exp shared?) and make the run a walking sim to some players.The balance can be achieved, and don't take every run to your heart, its public after all. 

Edited by HellVOps
shared Exp is 100%

4 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

If they only have one weapon equipped, it's 50% to that weapon, 50% to the warframe.

I don't think thats true either, if only one weapon equipped, u get 25% to warframe and 75% to weapon, I think warframe affinity is locked at 25% from afiinity sharing, I am not entirely sure

1 minute ago, BaadshahPrime said:

I don't think thats true either, if only one weapon equipped, u get 25% to warframe and 75% to weapon, I think warframe affinity is locked at 25% from afiinity sharing, I am not entirely sure

Wiki says you're right.  I stand corrected.