Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shrine of the Eidolon: Hotfix 22.15.1

[DE]Megan

On 3/10/2018 at 12:04 PM, Pied-Piping_40k-Plat said:

Still no undoing of the Ember nerf. Hopefully you realize that if you are basing the game off the plains now and you take away Ember's range, you are kinda defeating the purpose of trying to get us out into the plains. Have you notice how so few people play Ember now? She used to be great out in the plains cause of WORLD ON FIRE. Now she got "personal space on fire". 

Ember isn't THE reason to get people out into the plains.  She was only ONE reason.  And personally, I was sick and tired of people using her as an afk farming frame while the rest of us got nothing to do for five waves of defense because the enemies simply could not get to the defense objective.

10 minutes ago, Biohazard_Wraith said:

Ember isn't THE reason to get people out into the plains.  She was only ONE reason.  And personally, I was sick and tired of people using her as an afk farming frame while the rest of us got nothing to do for five waves of defense because the enemies simply could not get to the defense objective.

Ember was *never* the best map nuker. The fact you single in on her shows a deep ignorance of the game. Nearly half the frames in the game can be made to do what she used to do, but in most cases better.

Question:  I notice this patch changed the MR requirement of one of the weapons I use, the Opticor (now a MR 14)

It’s been built, used, mastered and modified beyond anything, can I still use it? (I’m MR12), I’m a bit confused, that’s all

4 hours ago, BoboMagroto said:

Question:  I notice this patch changed the MR requirement of one of the weapons I use, the Opticor (now a MR 14)

It’s been built, used, mastered and modified beyond anything, can I still use it? (I’m MR12), I’m a bit confused, that’s all

yes you can...the MR resriction only applies to those who didnt have it built before the MR changes.

On 3/12/2018 at 4:29 PM, XaoGarrent said:

Ember was *never* the best map nuker. The fact you single in on her shows a deep ignorance of the game. Nearly half the frames in the game can be made to do what she used to do, but in most cases better.

Oh I'm not just zeroing in on her.  Thats right I'm looking at you too Banshee.

In all seriousness, your too quick to assume that I am zeroing in on just ember, and if theres one thing I hate most in this community, its those who are so quick to insult people who give their two cents.  Everybody has their opinion and this one is mine, so deal with it.

22 hours ago, bouabid_samir said:

+ 20 arcane per day; what is the ultimate challenge now, all is easy in the game.
for the perfectionist it's ok but for people who like the challenges the routine starts to settle down
thanks anyways DE.

What do arcanes have to do with challenge? You could ask for higher level standard content, you could ask for more special enemies, with increased spawns and more abilities, you could ask for a reworking of enemy scaling... You could ask for a lot of things relating to the game's difficulty, but you zero in on arcanes. Sounds like what you really want is to be special, to have something shiny most others can't.

12 minutes ago, Biohazard_Wraith said:

Oh I'm not just zeroing in on her.  Thats right I'm looking at you too Banshee.

You are missing the point. I hope you're ready to nerf half the frames in the game, likely a great many you play. Why, I saw a Trinity instakilling huge groups of enemies with self damage the other day, was almost keeping up with my Volt. I suppose nerfing her again should be next, how about you?

4 minutes ago, XaoGarrent said:

What do arcanes have to do with challenge? You could ask for higher level standard content, you could ask for more special enemies, with increased spawns and more abilities, you could ask for a reworking of enemy scaling... You could ask for a lot of things relating to the game's difficulty, but you zero in on arcanes. Sounds like what you really want is to be special, to have something shiny most others can't.

You are missing the point. I hope you're ready to nerf half the frames in the game, likely a great many you play. Why, I saw a Trinity instakilling huge groups of enemies with self damage the other day, was almost keeping up with my Volt. I suppose nerfing her again should be next, how about you?

You'd think trinity would want to keep the enemy alive wouldnt she? Aside from using the enemy as a pinata you beat the hell out of to get health back, instakilling a crowd of enemies doesnt hold any benefits for her, or her team unless breathing space is needed.

Just now, Biohazard_Wraith said:

You'd think trinity would want to keep the enemy alive wouldnt she? Aside from using the enemy as a pinata you beat the hell out of to get health back, instakilling a crowd of enemies doesnt hold any benefits for her, or her team unless breathing space is needed.

Completely irrelevant. She can do it, and thus she should be nerfed. You must apply your standards consistently.

9 minutes ago, XaoGarrent said:

Completely irrelevant. She can do it, and thus she should be nerfed. You must apply your standards consistently.

I'm still not seeing why that one should be nerfed.  And I dont see her being a map nuker at all as a support frame.  Its something I've never seen or heard of at all.

Back to Ember, what I cant understand is why her world on fire cant just have a strength modifier system combined with a radius system.  Basically the further outward wof goes, the weaker it is, but as you go more inwards towards the center, then the heat really starts to crank up.  It only makes sense.  To understand this you would just need to put your finger as close to an open flame as you can.

28 minutes ago, Biohazard_Wraith said:

I'm still not seeing why that one should be nerfed.  And I dont see her being a map nuker at all as a support frame.

Interesting logic you have there... By your reasoning, not only is the fact that Oberon can nuke a large area fine, but we could theoretically replace Oberon's 2 with the old World on Fire, or for that matter one of Trinity's abilities, and that would be perfectly fine because they're not "map nukers." 

At least, not defined as one.

You're not seeing why because you're operating on subjectivist logic. To a subjectivist, if you call a dog a cat, it suddenly becomes a cat. To an objectivist, on the other hand, a dog is defined as a dog by features that are objective, immutable, factual. The title is simply a verbal function to describe something, and thus when that something changes its description changes as well.

In much the way a dog is a dog, factually, Trinity becomes a nuker the moment you mod her as such. No, maybe not as wide an area, but you should be wary that the nerf hammer doesn't find itself moving in circles. After all, once you nerf Ember, once you nerf Banshee, once you nerf Volt and Saryn and Mag... Guess who becomes meta for that purpose?

Thus, you must apply your standards consistently. Everyone gets nerfed or no one gets nerfed.

Subjectivist reasoning is the land of double standards, hypocrisy and mental dissonance.

il y a 49 minutes, XaoGarrent a dit :

it's not really the arcane that I want to talk about, but the difficult 
mission that makes it possible to obtain it.
now all missions are easy, I would like to see missions with riddles to 
the other mission with enemies lvl 800 or 2000 ..................

1 minute ago, bouabid_samir said:

it's not really the arcane that I want to talk about, but the difficult 
mission that makes it possible to obtain it.
now all missions are easy, I would like to see missions with riddles to 
the other mission with enemies lvl 800 or 2000 ..................

You wouldn't be able to dent a level 2000 Grineer without engaging in some serious cheese. I understand what it is you're saying, but that is a really excessive request.

Yes, it's quite a bit over that, but the point stands. Scaling becomes absurd past a point, even as low as level 100 in the case of armor.

2 hours ago, XaoGarrent said:

Interesting logic you have there... By your reasoning, not only is the fact that Oberon can nuke a large area fine, but we could theoretically replace Oberon's 2 with the old World on Fire, or for that matter one of Trinity's abilities, and that would be perfectly fine because they're not "map nukers." 

At least, not defined as one.

You're not seeing why because you're operating on subjectivist logic. To a subjectivist, if you call a dog a cat, it suddenly becomes a cat. To an objectivist, on the other hand, a dog is defined as a dog by features that are objective, immutable, factual. The title is simply a verbal function to describe something, and thus when that something changes its description changes as well.

In much the way a dog is a dog, factually, Trinity becomes a nuker the moment you mod her as such. No, maybe not as wide an area, but you should be wary that the nerf hammer doesn't find itself moving in circles. After all, once you nerf Ember, once you nerf Banshee, once you nerf Volt and Saryn and Mag... Guess who becomes meta for that purpose?

Thus, you must apply your standards consistently. Everyone gets nerfed or no one gets nerfed.

Subjectivist reasoning is the land of double standards, hypocrisy and mental dissonance.

Its not subjectivist and I'm not offering reasoning.  I am simply collecting information and thinking of different possibilities.  I am an information collector.  Your lack of an actual explanation is making it hard for me to take you seriously right now.  You can either explain how they can become map nukers or keep trying to get a negative reaction from me at your own discretion but its people like you who turn threads that are supposed to be helpful into unhelpful dissonance.  Now answer my question, how can these frames become map nukers?

1 minute ago, Biohazard_Wraith said:

Its not subjectivist.  Your lack of an actual explanation is making it hard for me to take you seriously right now.  You can either explain how they can become map nukers or keep trying to get a negative reaction from me at your own discretion but its people like you who turn threads that are supposed to be helpful into unhelpful dissonance

I already gave you an explanation, and yes it is subjectivist. You are not operating from a place which is factual, which is exactly why you're sitting here asking for an explanation that has already been given. You're the one introducing "unhelpful dissonance," I'm sitting here and debunking the massive holes in your logic.

Are you too new to understand, did you fail to read or are you being intentionally obtuse?

5 minutes ago, XaoGarrent said:

I already gave you an explanation, and yes it is subjectivist. You are not operating from a place which is factual, which is exactly why you're sitting here asking for an explanation that has already been given. You're the one introducing "unhelpful dissonance," I'm sitting here and debunking the massive holes in your logic.

Are you too new to understand, did you fail to read or are you being intentionally obtuse?

Really? no mod build was ever mentioned, no proof of them being used as map nukers.  If your not going to give me information that will convince me to believe your argument is right, then I see no reason to take you seriously.  You've annoyed me by wasting my time, so i think i'm done with you.  Your not debunking anything either because its not logic, its experience.

17 minutes ago, Biohazard_Wraith said:

Really? no mod build was ecer mentioned, no proof of them being used as map nukers.  If your not going to give me information that will convince me to believe your argument is right, then I see no reason to take you seriously.  You've annoyed me by wasting my time, so i think i'm done with you.

Trinity, Abating Link, Sancti Castinatas. Pump range if you want to hit a large area, strength if you want to kill high level enemies better than Ember could ever dream of. Specific modding is really mix to taste or goals. I believe any other self damage weapon will work, this is just the build I know of. A quick search on Youtube would have revealed this to you, though if you've played the game for a while you should have seen this build in action.

You wasted your own time. You and you alone made the choice to come here and start cheering on nonsensical nerfs. And then you chose to try and defend that with faulty logic. No one made you do any of this.

9 minutes ago, XaoGarrent said:

Trinity, Abating Link, Sancti Castinatas. Pump range if you want to hit a large area, strength if you want to kill high level enemies better than Ember could ever dream of. Specific modding is really mix to taste or goals. I believe any other self damage weapon will work, this is just the build I know of. A quick search on Youtube would have revealed this to you, though if you've played the game for a while you should have seen this build in action.

You wasted your own time. You and you alone made the choice to come here and start cheering on nonsensical nerfs. And then you chose to try and defend that with faulty logic. No one made you do any of this.

Well now, thats interesting, seeing as how I've observed many times Chroma doing the exact same thing.  I havent seen Trinity use it but I certainly have seen Chroma use it

Archived