Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magus Husk or Magus Vigor?

BladeRambler

Question

Hello, I'm trying to figure out which operator Arcane I can pair most effectively with Magus Replenish (I like to heal while dodging the Eidolons). Please note that I'm using these Arcanes pretty much only for the Tridolon captures and I'm not maxed out on the focus schools that grant armor/health to the Operator.

I've been running calculations on the effective health pool of the Operator with each Arcane, but I don't know what the starting armor is, or even it's type (ferrite or alloy) to try to calculate potential resistances for Magus Husk. I'm leaning towards Magus Vigor based rough EHP calcs, but wanted to get the community's opinions on each. Thanks!

7 answers to this question

50 minutes ago, BladeRambler said:

Hello, I'm trying to figure out which operator Arcane I can pair most effectively with Magus Replenish (I like to heal while dodging the Eidolons). Please note that I'm using these Arcanes pretty much only for the Tridolon captures and I'm not maxed out on the focus schools that grant armor/health to the Operator.

I've been running calculations on the effective health pool of the Operator with each Arcane, but I don't know what the starting armor is, or even it's type (ferrite or alloy) to try to calculate potential resistances for Magus Husk. I'm leaning towards Magus Vigor based rough EHP calcs, but wanted to get the community's opinions on each. Thanks!

It depends on whether or not you have certain waybound passives. If you have the one from Unairu that increases your armor, then Husk will do better for your eHP. If you have the one from Vazarin that increases your health, then Vigor will do better for your eHP. If you have both, then Husk wins out, and if you have neither, it's more a case of personal preference, though Vigor will likely do slightly better.

Edited by -AoN-CanoLathra-
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

It depends on whether or not you have certain waybound passives. If you have the one from Unairu that increases your armor, then Husk will do better for your eHP. If you have the one from Vazarin that increases your health, then Vigor will do better for your eHP. If you have both, then Husk wins out, and if you have neither, it's more a case of personal preference, though Vigor will likely do slightly better.

The healing-over-time waybound from Vazarin is also stronger with Husk because each HP healed is magnified to additional EHP if you have more armor. This is basically the reason that I went with Husk.

For anyone who is still looking for the answer to this question, here are the effective hit points for Magus Vigor vs Magus Husk.

VIGOR:     NO WAY-BOUNDS: 595.83 EHP        ALL WAY-BOUNDS: 2062.5 EHP 

HUSK:       NO WAY-BOUNDS: 395.83 EHP       ALL WAY-BOUNDS: 2812.5 EHP

VIGOR AND HUSK:     NO WAY-BOUNDS: 870.83 EHP     ALL WAY-BOUNDS: 6187.5 EHP

Both of these arcanes stack multiplicatively with the respective way-bound ability. However, Vazarin's Enduring Tides way-bound only increases health by 150% while Unairu's Basilisk Scales way-bound increases armor by 500% (the in game description is incorrect, according to the wiki). So, after unbinding Basilisk Scales, it is more effective to use magus husk.

All of the information that I used to determine these can be found in the Operator page of the Wiki under 'Health Calculation' and 'Armor Calculation' or in the Armor page of the Wiki under 'Effective Health'

• Like 1