Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idles Animations!

[DE]gefu

This is for the most part an great idea, but I don't like the notion of a rigid distinction between "noble" and "agile" stances (for instance, Nova is *obviously* shy and adorable, where would this sit on the noble-agile scale?). I'd much rather choose between a number of postures that just work well with a given warframe, without any arbitrary restrictions. There's always the default stance if the "personality" ones don't match the mental image a player has of their character.

Hey everyone, (this Geoff for anyone unaware)

Firstly thanks for all the feedback, I've been following it very closely. I totally appreciate the mixed feelings with these changes and admittedly think I may have gone about it wrong waiting too long to force changes on people's characters.

So! Moving forward its probably best to make idles a customization choice in the arsenal. What we are thinking is each warframe will share a default idle (the old animation and the one Excalibur currently uses) then provide 2 custom stances for each warframe; a tall one and one that's more compressed maybe theming them as "noble" and "agile"....still trying to work that out.

The idle anims help with the role playing aspect to these characters and providing more choice rather than pushing a personality onto them will serve much better. I'm *hoping* we can have this ready to roll out in the next week, should be able to.....and yes we will for sure take in the feedback and adjust the current idles in game also :)

Thanks for the support

a well composed answer and IMHO a great solution =] (options are always great)

thnx 4 all yer hard work

Thanks Geoff!!!

The more CHOICES we have the happier we are!

Perhaps you could ask the sound dept what they think about giving us choices for weapon sounds also??!!!  
seems a shame to waste all the past sound fx that some of us still love and miss!

THANKS!   ZR

So! Moving forward its probably best to make idles a customization choice in the arsenal. What we are thinking is each warframe will share a default idle (the old animation and the one Excalibur currently uses) then provide 2 custom stances for each warframe; a tall one and one that's more compressed maybe theming them as "noble" and "agile"....still trying to work that out.

Why not just give make all current idles options for all current frames? Separating male and female of course... Or would that be too much?

EDIT: nevermind... I realized that would probably be too much... 6 idles to choose from per character is a lot :P

Edited by Shamefulprawn41

Firstly thanks for all the feedback, I've been following it very closely. I totally appreciate the mixed feelings with these changes and admittedly think I may have gone about it wrong waiting too long to force changes on people's characters.

The idle anims help with the role playing aspect to these characters and providing more choice rather than pushing a personality onto them will serve much better. I'm *hoping* we can have this ready to roll out in the next week, should be able to.....and yes we will for sure take in the feedback and adjust the current idles in game also :)

Thanks for the support

Thanks Geoff, I really appreciate this as I was getting very annoyed to see my Nova look like this in the Clan Dojo.

25jij3o.png

Was this intended or was this only a small part of a longer animation that was never meant to look like this? At any rate I'm really hoping for a fix/change regarding her Dojo stance as (to me) it's just very annoying to see and doesn't seem to fit Nova at all!! :)

Thanks for the support

Incredibly awesome idea! Thank you for listening to us! Highly appreciate it!