Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

funny story

GeneralShao

23 minutes ago, Cryptix123 said:

You could just ask support to restore your items and not be a passive aggressive arse on the forums.

And do that every time? This would be a trash place. 100k tickets about restoring items and 100 players that were unfair suspended will wait for unlocking accounts 2 months because some people lost some items that are not really important...

This should be fixed long time ago, but it's not easy I guess. I lost many times items and wasn't bothered to waste support time on that.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

1 minute ago, (PS4)viperkid82903 said:

i know what you mean kind of. my squad was fighting hydrolyst and one of th vomvalysts was underground and was constantly healing him

Working as intended. You need Steve, the MoleRat Warframe to dig underground and use his Detonate ability to create a giant hole. 

Remind me why the players must host the sessions again? Why not put the sessions on a server? Does it have to do with console exportation? Or is it just too expensive for DE to host a server? I rarely can enter a squad if I'm not hosting, so every time I want to team up, it's a 5 to 15 minutes of loading screens. And from what I've read, it's been an ongoing problem for years.

1 minute ago, tprx said:

Remind me why the players must host the sessions again? Why not put the sessions on a server? Does it have to do with console exportation? Or is it just too expensive for DE to host a server? I rarely can enter a squad if I'm not hosting, so every time I want to team up, it's a 5 to 15 minutes of loading screens. And from what I've read, it's been an ongoing problem for years.

Because players hosting allows peering - that is, only one computer is talking to the server, the other squaddies are talking to the host, not DE's servers.

If host leaves the squad, now all the computers have to talk to the server AND to each other and decide which of them is the best choice to be the new host.

If that process takes longer than one to two seconds, the session is deleted because it has no host.

The problem really isn't DE - it's that the remaining squaddies' computers couldn't decide which of them was best before the mission was aborted due to having an invalid session ID (because the hostless session was aborted).

My guess is: 

Warframe is F2P game, therefore, logic dictates that DE have no fixed source of income from it (no guarantee players will buy their stuff); so from a business perspective it's risky - plus servers are very experience to buy and maintain. Then you would need regional servers; EU players would likely not want to connect to US servers, and visa-versa.. then there is Oceania servers etc.. not to mention the staff needed to maintain those servers; all reliant on an unfixed source of income. 

7 minutes ago, tprx said:

RE: Bold

That doesn't sound right at all. Are you being literal, or using hyperbole?

7 minutes ago, tprx said:

No thanks.. I'd rather not have to pay a subscription for this game.

1 minute ago, NuttiKrust said:

RE: Bold

That doesn't sound right at all. Are you being literal, or using hyperbole?

When I start the process to enter a squad, 80% of the time I'm not hosting, I can't finish the loading to host part. I then have to reload my session. So it's about 2-2 and a half minutes of loading screen for 1 failed attempt. It usually takes me 2 to 4 attempts to get a hosting position, hence the 5 to 15 minutes of loading screen. Unless I'm lucky and I get to host on the first try, or I get a stable host for the session.

Btw, tks Yzjdriel for your explanations. It makes sense.

When I have a host migration, I end up back on the team, in the same level, with the same progress and rewards as before, minus the host of course, who left.

The only times this doesn't happen, is if the new host is someone who has a ping higher than I've set as a limit in options. Then I drop out of the game and back to the orbiter and, yes, loose all my progress.

52 minutes ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

Just wait until you lose an entire Tridolon loot on plains. Then you will really be angry...

Fun fact - Apparently if you get a host disconnect on the plains you keep your loot. Found that out when I accidentally got an extra copy of arcane strike off support.

The solution to this is that the mission should save progress, like how Plains Bounties work, after every rotation or objective completion.
Solution method:
If [rotation] passes, save progress, move rewards to ship.
If [assassin] is beaten, save.
If [objective] is completed, save.
If [kills] meets a certain amount out of the amount needed to unlock extraction, save.

This increased frequency of having rewards shuttled back to your inventory/orbiter instead of worrying about mission failure due to host migration/crash/??? would benefit a lot of people and, like back when U18 came along and unhinged extra lives from being per frame per day (+ microtansaction option), would theoretically be a massive quality-of-life addition.

5 hours ago, Cryptix123 said:

Fun fact - Apparently if you get a host disconnect on the plains you keep your loot. Found that out when I accidentally got an extra copy of arcane strike off support.

Game disconnected me in the gate, and nope, I did not get to keep anything. All the eidolon shards and arcanes got lost.

14 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Because players hosting allows peering - that is, only one computer is talking to the server, the other squaddies are talking to the host, not DE's servers.

If host leaves the squad, now all the computers have to talk to the server AND to each other and decide which of them is the best choice to be the new host.

If that process takes longer than one to two seconds, the session is deleted because it has no host.

The problem really isn't DE - it's that the remaining squaddies' computers couldn't decide which of them was best before the mission was aborted due to having an invalid session ID (because the hostless session was aborted).

But then wouldn't the easiest solution be that, if the remaining squaddies' computers can't decide which of them should host, instead of aborting the mission, the game should just split them all into separate instances (i.e. have them ALL host)? Or, in the case of a host migration that leads to deletion of session, allow all remaining squaddies to KEEP the collected loot?