Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Prime Accessories really worth 50 USD?

AndyTse

Just now, AndyTse said:

I am able to buy it but I just want to get the COMMODORE PRIME SUIT and TIBOR PRIME ARMOR only
Other items in this pack is not useful for me tho

It's just how bundling works.

For example, kinder surprise.

The toy inside is what kids want but they have to buy the chocolate egg for it.

They don't sell the toys inside separately either.

Only difference is in this case, you can wait for the unvaulting where DE has already planned to release accessory only bundles because they don't want to force us to buy duplicates.

Just now, AndyTse said:

I am able to buy it but I just want to get the COMMODORE PRIME SUIT and TIBOR PRIME ARMOR only
Other items in this pack is not useful for me tho

Then don’t come here and complain if u can buy it then just DO IT” weren’t the solution to your problem 

6 minutes ago, Jem991 said:

$ 1 = 3.9 in my country. 50 dollars = 196. But [de] sells cosmetic items from 90. I think the price is determined according to the countries.

In my Country, it still need $389 (50 USD) for me but US and my Country is clearly not same price level

Edited by AndyTse

This is a subjective question prone to subjective answers. There's no right / wrong here. If you want cheaper pricing wait years if you want premium cosmetics than buy now. 

I always just buy the full pack with everything in it as a supportive gesture. I still wouldn't call myself rich either, if $50 is rich than I should be the wealthiest person ever. Sadly not the case. Middle class is probably right 

Edit: I'm like 95% sure the cat colors are unique I don't remember having Prime Gold before.

Edited by Vindicative

2 minutes ago, AndyTse said:

In my Country, it still need $389 (50 USD) for me but US and my Country is clearly not same price level

Then, just don't buy it.

Wait for the price to drop when it is unvaulted or if you are close to getting your bonus in the next few months or save up for it.

The reason why DE is able to put this kind of price for all the Prime Access is really because there is sufficient demand for it.

You can blame it on economics.

It's also not as simple as lower price, higher demand either.

Eg. 1 person buys $50 is still gonna be more than 4 person buys $10. 

Price elasticity of demand will determine how much a price drop can increase quantity demanded and DE have people doing calculations and watching sales trends for this.

So, just wait for unvaulting.

It's just cosmetics.

I live in Norway. 50 USD is like 3 packs of cigarettes over here.
Since I quit smoking years ago, I tend to buy "silly" things from time to time.
So yes, I bought this accessory pack as well. It was worth it to me.

Naturally if money is scarce, shelling out 50 USD for an operator suit, kavat armor and boosters - is a pretty bad deal imo :)

7 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Then, just don't buy it.

Wait for the price to drop when it is unvaulted or if you are close to getting your bonus in the next few months or save up for it.

The reason why DE is able to put this kind of price for all the Prime Access is really because there is sufficient demand for it.

You can blame it on economics.

It's also not as simple as lower price, higher demand either.

Eg. 1 person buys $50 is still gonna be more than 4 person buys $10. 

Price elasticity of demand will determine how much a price drop can increase quantity demanded and DE have people doing calculations and watching sales trends for this.

So, just wait for unvaulting.

It's just cosmetics.

But..COMMODORE PRIME SUIT and TIBOR PRIME ARMOR can't be unvaulted, right?
It is time limited items

1 minute ago, AndyTse said:

But..COMMODORE PRIME SUIT and TIBOR PRIME ARMOR can't be unvaulted, right?
It is time limited items

They will come in future unvault packs for $$. Just like the Misa Prime and other cosmetics. It's cheaper there but of course it will be years until it's time for this PA to re-appear.

5 minutes ago, xLUONG said:

I live in Norway. 50 USD is like 3 packs of cigarettes over here.
Since I quit smoking years ago, I tend to buy "silly" things from time to time.
So yes, I bought this accessory pack as well. It was worth it to me.

Naturally if money is scarce, shelling out 50 USD for an operator suit, kavat armor and boosters - is a pretty bad deal imo :)

It is like 6 pack of cigarettes for me, and 9 pack for US
clearly it is different price level

hace 7 minutos, AndyTse dijo:

It is like 6 pack of cigarettes for me, and 9 pack for US
clearly it is different price level

For me, 10 packs. I see overpriced all packs of DE. I bought plat when I had 75% discount.

I think 20€ for Prime Accessories and 50 - 60€ for all Prime Access it's a reasonable price.

120€ for 3 items I can farm, overpriced plat and accessories it's too much. In my opinion.

44 минуты назад, OoKeNnEtHoO сказал:

Only difference is in this case, you can wait for the unvaulting where DE has already planned to release accessory only bundles because they don't want to force us to buy duplicates.

the only thing i need for vaults is loki prime sugatra.

while i really want it, im not going to buy loki prime vault access. on the other hand i bought frost because mis prime, that was worth for me.

11 минут назад, SureSanty сказал:

For me, 10 packs. I see overpriced all packs of DE. I bought plat when I had 75% discount.

I think 20€ for Prime Accessories and 50 - 60€ for all Prime Access it's a reasonable price.

120€ for 3 items I can farm, overpriced plat and accessories it's too much. In my opinion.

dont forget tiberon is mr15, and you can bypass that.

also, prime stuff goes almost for free. like 15 eur or so, taking in account 75% plat discount and price of cosmetic pack with boosters.

2100 Platinum + Mod Pack costs 99,99€ in Germany. The Prime Access with 2625 Platinum, Zephyr + 2 Weapons costs 69,99€ while 1000 Plat. is about 49,99€ and the accessories pack for 54,99€ includes 1365 Plat. and all the other stuff..... so basically you buy the Platinum for a great price and get a lot of free stuff on top of that.

I cannot se the problem you have here from a cost efficient point of view. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)x-SCARDUST-x said:

2100 Platinum + Mod Pack costs 99,99€ in Germany. The Prime Access with 2625 Platinum, Zephyr + 2 Weapons costs 69,99€ while 1000 Plat. is about 49,99€ and the accessories pack for 54,99€ includes 1365 Plat. and all the other stuff..... so basically you buy the Platinum for a great price and get a lot of free stuff on top of that.

Yes but that’s only with us console player 

PC players only get accessories and boosters but with cheaper price

17 minutes ago, (PS4)x-SCARDUST-x said:

DE spoils us. <3

The problem that some players have (including myself) with Prime Access and Prime Vault is the bundling itself. DE has created these expensive bundles filled with filler items to justify a higher sale price and to create the illusion of "value," then stamping the "exclusive" label to create a sense of urgency. Without other ways to acquire these "exclusive" cosmetic items, players would need to pay these exorbitant prices to get the few (or even single) items that they want, along with the rest of the filler items that they don't.

The reasons why DE wouldn't just sell individual cosmetic items or cosmetic-only bundles with no fillers (even if for a limited time only) along with the current bundles are beyond me. They could do that, you know? They just choose not to. Both options could be added concurrently, and whoever wants to buy the full bundle can do so. Same with individual items or cosmetic bundles only. Either way, both options would go straight to revenue. The volume of sales related to smaller bundles or even single items might even be more profitable to DE.

Yes, I know players have the choice to buy these bundles or not. I choose not to at those prices. As a hard-working family man with obligations and responsibilities, I choose to spend my hard-earned money on more important things. Having said that, I've bought my fair share of plat since I started playing, enough to buy 6-7 AAA games at full price. I've supported the developers and the game. I just can't support those high prices if I only want to buy 1-2 things...

Personally, this time around, I do NOT think the accessories are worth it, despite buying the full PA bundle this time (usually I only buy the mid tier bundle in the once in a blue moon I do buy a PA, Loki and Banshee being my previous ones). Horse armor is nice don't get me wrong, and the potato child suit is okay, but I feel like in general, players are going to get a lot more use and fun and thus value out of something like Warframe armor ornaments, or Syandannas, or even Sugatras and thus feel more comfortable dropping the $50.

Funnily enough just the other day I bought the Mirage Prime accessory pack just for those armor ornaments. That accessory pack was WAAAY more worth it simply for the fact that you can do so much more with armor ornaments and they have such a wider application than something like what you find in Zephyr Prime's accessory pack (ie; horse armor. Not everyone uses cats. Compared to Warframe accessories which anyone can use). Or going way back to something like Nyx Prime's accessory pack with the Targis Prime armor which look good on basically everything. Guarantee you if you were to put that accessory pack next to Zephyr's, people would pick Nyx's pretty much every single time, since it indeed would be more "worth it" in regards to what you're getting and what you can DO with what you're getting.

Edited by Diarist

51 minutes ago, Diarist said:

Personally, this time around, I do NOT think the accessories are worth it, despite buying the full PA bundle this time (usually I only buy the mid tier bundle in the once in a blue moon I do buy a PA, Loki and Banshee being my previous ones). Horse armor is nice don't get me wrong, and the potato child suit is okay, but I feel like in general, players are going to get a lot more use and fun and thus value out of something like Warframe armor ornaments, or Syandannas, or even Sugatras and thus feel more comfortable dropping the $50.

Funnily enough just the other day I bought the Mirage Prime accessory pack just for those armor ornaments. That accessory pack was WAAAY more worth it simply for the fact that you can do so much more with armor ornaments and they have such a wider application than something like what you find in Zephyr Prime's accessory pack (ie; horse armor. Not everyone uses cats. Compared to Warframe accessories which anyone can use). Or going way back to something like Nyx Prime's accessory pack with the Targis Prime armor which look good on basically everything. Guarantee you if you were to put that accessory pack next to Zephyr's, people would pick Nyx's pretty much every single time, since it indeed would be more "worth it" in regards to what you're getting and what you can DO with what you're getting.

Well the use of the accessories this time around depends on your own usage of those, for me it was completely worth it as i use both often.

3 hours ago, (PS4)x-SCARDUST-x said:

I don't say I want those 3 pack which includes plat
I am asking is Prime Accessories of operator worth or not 

2 hours ago, vvhorus said:

The problem that some players have (including myself) with Prime Access and Prime Vault is the bundling itself. DE has created these expensive bundles filled with filler items to justify a higher sale price and to create the illusion of "value," then stamping the "exclusive" label to create a sense of urgency. Without other ways to acquire these "exclusive" cosmetic items, players would need to pay these exorbitant prices to get the few (or even single) items that they want, along with the rest of the filler items that they don't.

The reasons why DE wouldn't just sell individual cosmetic items or cosmetic-only bundles with no fillers (even if for a limited time only) along with the current bundles are beyond me. They could do that, you know? They just choose not to. Both options could be added concurrently, and whoever wants to buy the full bundle can do so. Same with individual items or cosmetic bundles only. Either way, both options would go straight to revenue. The volume of sales related to smaller bundles or even single items might even be more profitable to DE.

Yes, I know players have the choice to buy these bundles or not. I choose not to at those prices. As a hard-working family man with obligations and responsibilities, I choose to spend my hard-earned money on more important things. Having said that, I've bought my fair share of plat since I started playing, enough to buy 6-7 AAA games at full price. I've supported the developers and the game. I just can't support those high prices if I only want to buy 1-2 things...

ikr
I really know that DE need money to develop

but it mix time-limited items and some useless thing and sell $50. This is the problem
I think those 3 packs above are worth because they have plat, but the bottom one (operator one) is not really worth for $50

6 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Depends. Are you happy to pay $50 to have those things? Then it's probably worth it to you. 

I would be happy to have suit and armor but not in $50
this pack is just like you want to buy a $500 TV but that shop sell it for $1000 because they bundle some useless things 
You will ask why don't I just spend $500 for the TV, I don't need other things they bundled with it

Edited by AndyTse

Цитата

Second, TIBOR PRIME GENE-MASKING KIT 's colour can be found in other colour pack

Not quite.

They are 1 different colors 2 have metalic feel. 

But that's beside the point. Of freaking course the price is nuts. 50$ should be about every single thing in pa, not warfarme+weapons 50$ and cosmetics 50$. Cause this is borderline insane.

Цитата

Think like the others are not in it and take it. Nobody takes it because it is a booster in the package.

Erm excuse you. People BUY pa because of plat and boosters, as ridiculous as it might sound. You are completely and totally wrong. All want different things from pa.

Цитата

You do not have to be Bill Gates to pay $ 50. A fairly low charge of $ 50 if you have a decent job.

Another **** completely unaware that there are countries outside of Canada and USA where 50$ can be as little as 1$ for you and as much as 1/5 monthly salary or more for others.

Edited by -Temp0-