Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwatch Napalm nerf!?

gundamaster

2cofyjd.jpg                             

what happened? when they changed ogris napalm? before in 1 second she had 3 pulses of quick damage now only giving one every second ... and the cloud of damage has been decreased absurdly! they simply bugged her without warning!

Likely tied to the same change they made to prevent Fire Blast from roasting the hemo.

Honestly not sure why they even made that change in the first place.... unless they also fixed the objective distances to always be in the sub-700m range.

4 hours ago, TheBlueJelly said:

Likely tied to the same change they made to prevent Fire Blast from roasting the hemo.

Honestly not sure why they even made that change in the first place.... unless they also fixed the objective distances to always be in the sub-700m range.

They did not. First run had me running 1800m to the first cave. Then to the opposite shore for the mixer.

The change to Hemocyte/Lephantis is more of a bugfix than a nerf, but having DE ignore the boatloads of "this mission is way too spread out to be fun" feedback from Plague Star roun 1 AND make runs take longer by tweaking the palette-swap boss is a bitter pill to swallow.

Never mind the fact that this round of Plague Star had no noticeable lead-in and doesn't even have a single line of new dialogue. Immersion = broken, unless Konzu is an amnesiac and all the other Ostrons just play along for kicks.

Edited by DiabolusUrsus

51 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

They did not. First run had me running 1800m to the first cave. Then to the opposite shore for the mixer.

The change to Hemocyte/Lephantis is more of a bugfix than a nerf, but having DE ignore the boatloads of "this mission is way too spread out to be fun" feedback from Plague Star roun 1 AND make runs take longer by tweaking the palette-swap boss is a bitter pill to swallow.

...and this is why I'm highly reluctant to go through this extended range fetch quest event again, even if it does mean the ability to get free pre-built Forma and gems for my troubles.

Actually, you know what? Not even that's worth the extra-tedious back and forth running / sliding / bullet jumping around - especially if Lephantis Jr. is far more of a pain in the butt to kill compared to last time.

For those of you that didn't do Plague Star the first time it showed up, have fun (if you can) and good luck...

1 hour ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

Never mind the fact that this round of Plague Star had no noticeable lead-in and doesn't even have a single line of new dialogue. Immersion = broken, unless Konzu is an amnesiac and all the other Ostrons just play along for kicks.

Hey that's not fair...they only just realized they're super busy with Sacrifice and Venus Open World and melee / IPS rework and Khora and her quest. They have to stall and distract us losers users somehow, so recycling an existing, lengthy event and overlapping it with ANOTHER event in progress is the perfect solution.

You know, with all the Ghouls and Infested running around...I think I'm going to pass on PoE for a bit.

5 hours ago, TheBlueJelly said:

That's a fair assumption. But as Diabolus said, it's probably a bug fix...although why they didn't fix this when Plague Star ran the first time is baffling.

this is not a simple fix, they completely useless the napalm. otherwise there was no change. only the level of the lephants was increased .... before he started at level 19, now in 60 ... now napalm had the number of hits per second decreased by 4 times as well as the number of hits too!

So DE decided to nerd a completely underused weapon that I haven't seen anyone even touch in months with only a 4 disposition (my favorite gun by the way), but they still haven't touched the ridiculously broken riven system that's partially allowing this? Smart. Maybe instead of nerfing tiny things that are the only reason one singular weapon is good, maybe they just need to rebalance everything so cheesy <1 minute off-color lephantis runs aren't possible in the first place

On ٦‏/٤‏/٢٠١٨ at 4:41 PM, gundamaster said:

what happened? when they changed ogris napalm? before in 1 second SHE had 3 pulses of quick damage now only giving one every second ... and the cloud of damage has been decreased absurdly! they simply bugged her without warning!

May I ask how did u know? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by (PS4)s3d_sas