Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If its not going to scale at least make it easier [Kuva Survival]

(PSN)H_Obsidian

Like the title says, right now the Kuva survival doesn’t worth the effort nor the time (my opinion) , i played on my friend’s PC as well on my console and usually the amount of Kuva for 20Min is about 4K-5K Kuva (with a booster) with a Smeeta Kavat AND Nekros, taking Nekros just to keep the life support up, I’m player, like some like to run solo and not with a Squad and i think that using Nekros gives you no benefits besides the Life Support and survivability (considering you are using Shield Of Shadows) , so for that i think that using Nekros as solo in this type of survival is not efficient enough, Although he can defend the life support tower pretty fine (considering that they won’t one shot it) with his dead soldiers and with terrify, but yet you are limited to play just as Nekros to maintain your life support at high percentage, i think some changes are needed.

The only suggestion i have is that:

Instead of making the Kuva towers give you no life support at all, make them give you 10%-15% life support so you won’t be limited to just Nekros, and with that you will be able to maintain the high life support percentage and play with a warframe that you like, or a frame that can be more effective than Nekros.

so, what do you guys think?

Edited by (PS4)LH_LielHarush

I think it might be a good idea. Hard to know without actually trying it out first. Though I thought they did give some. But really, about the only way to pull Kuva Survival off is with one or more Nekroses in the group. While I'm willing to play a forced frame once and awhile, I don't enjoy doing it very often and I don't think that sort of mentality should be fostered. They specifically changed Survival several years ago so you didn't need a Nekros just to play Survival for more 10 minutes. The current state is going backwards, not forwards.

Edited by Ceryk

Making the content easier will further push it from being a more difficult node. I think we should focus on the rewards system and not the actual mechanics. I think the mission is pretty well designed, but the rewards are beyond pitiful and do not promote me to roll Riven Mods.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Kuva survival also gives better affinity as well as endo and axi relic in the rotation rewards, players complain about bad scaling but there are extra rewards if you do 20-30 min runs compared to just doing lots of kuva siphon missions.

Yes there are but i am playing Kuva survival for the Kuva, not for any other reward.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb (PS4)LH_LielHarush:

Yes there are but i am playing Kuva survival for the Kuva, not for any other reward.

+1

Exactly. Compared to fast missions like capture, rescue, sabotage, spy and some assassinations, Kuva Survival feels like fighting for scraps... and that's what it is.

Mentioned fast missions can be done in 3 minutes or less (solo or with split team tasks). In contrast to Survival having the chance to join such a mission midrun, isn't a penalty but a bonus. If I had the chance to endlessly do those missions without waiting for a bloody respawn, I wouldn't touch Survival at all.

In 20 mins, I can reliably hunt down 7,500+ Kuva (with booster), including loading times and not including possible Smeeta bonus. In that time I have far less strain and boredom than with 20 mins of Survival.

16 hours ago, Senketsu_ said:

i mean it would take me about 5-6 normal kuva missions just to get to 5k kuva.

Lets see I ran two Kuva Survivals and with a resource booster my 22 min run yielded me 6K and my 30 min run yielded me 7.3K  which is a nice amount for the time spent in my opinion

I played Kuva Survival solo a few times just to see what all the fuss was about.  First time was with my main Ivara.  Didn't go well as I had problems keeping the syphon protected, but no problems with life support.  

Next time and all the ones after I used Frost.  His bubble allowed me to better protect the syphon while I killed enemies for life drops.  This method worked much better for me solo.  I also didn't have any problems keeping up life support.  This was mostly due to killing the enemies at good rate.

23 hours ago, (PS4)LH_LielHarush said:

Like the title says, right now the Kuva survival doesn’t worth the effort nor the time (my opinion) , i played on my friend’s PC as well on my console and usually the amount of Kuva for 20Min is about 4K-5K Kuva (with a booster) with a Smeeta Kavat AND Nekros, taking Nekros just to keep the life support up, I’m player, like some like to run solo and not with a Squad and i think that using Nekros gives you no benefits besides the Life Support and survivability (considering you are using Shield Of Shadows) , so for that i think that using Nekros as solo in this type of survival is not efficient enough, Although he can defend the life support tower pretty fine (considering that they won’t one shot it) with his dead soldiers and with terrify, but yet you are limited to play just as Nekros to maintain your life support at high percentage, i think some changes are needed.

The only suggestion i have is that:

Instead of making the Kuva towers give you no life support at all, make them give you 10%-15% life support so you won’t be limited to just Nekros, and with that you will be able to maintain the high life support percentage and play with a warframe that you like, or a frame that can be more effective than Nekros.

so, what do you guys think?

from what ive seen towers turned siphon give 10% LS upon completion. 

4 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

I played Kuva Survival solo a few times just to see what all the fuss was about.  First time was with my main Ivara.  Didn't go well as I had problems keeping the syphon protected, but no problems with life support.  

Next time and all the ones after I used Frost.  His bubble allowed me to better protect the syphon while I killed enemies for life drops.  This method worked much better for me solo.  I also didn't have any problems keeping up life support.  This was mostly due to killing the enemies at good rate.

Form my experience always run into a limbo doing min range max duration and just using the most adorable bubble to keep it safe

Edited by seprent
completely missed a word in my sentence brain.exe stopped working

5 hours ago, (XB1)Stryke 07 said:

Everything in this game is easy...why try to make it easier? its the lack of proper challenging content thats the issue.

The 'easy' part in the game is killing mobs tbh. The hard part is trying not to get frustrated because you ran a radiant relic ten times and still can't the stupid rare part or trying to farm for a frame like ivara or Equinox. If they make anything harder, make the enemies harder, not the farming

Edited by (XB1)MintyFreshMike

On 11.4.2018 at 11:38 PM, PrivateRiem said:

It was already made easier. When they added kuva, they drastically lowered the enemy level scaling speed.

If you want to fight level 10 enemies, go fight level 10 enemies.

The enemy level is not my issue, my issue is that i am forced to play Nekros, a frame that I don’t really like.

I agree, right now kuva life support gives 10%. They should increase to 15%. I tried playing gara solo and only lasted 16 min before I run out of life support.

Edit: also don't make misleading thread titles. you are asking for increase in life support not for making the mode easier.

Edited by MadGrekon