Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round 12 - Accepted Items!

[DE]Taylor

Really disappointed in this round... Nyx Aurelia and the Ak-sura syandana is nice but like... So many potential entries from led2012 that would've been amazing in game, like the Sydeko syandana and especially Mirage Comtesse, this skin fits perfectly within Mirage's illusionist theme, as well as having a good balance between organic and mechanical visual elements. I would've put money down for that day 1. Guess DE doens't want my money. You really dropped the ball by not including that skin. Corpra Nova didnt get in either... such a nice opportunity to expand on the Corpra line but no... Such a shame.

Edited by EighthGear

Just now, Stenchfury said:

I might have went a bit too "fantasy" on that one :p Whopsie...

The details on the hammer fit the technoorganic swirls on everything Tenno perfectly. Plus we have some full on fantasy weapons, like Guandao, or Galantine, or you name it. Plus it was going with Chroma skin, who's the fantasiest of them all, and it stands out way less than the microphone polearm.

2 minutes ago, lexandritte said:

The details on the hammer fit the technoorganic swirls on everything Tenno perfectly. Plus we have some full on fantasy weapons, like Guandao, or Galantine, or you name it. Plus it was going with Chroma skin, who's the fantasiest of them all, and it stands out way less than the microphone polearm.

DE accepting a microphone polearm skin makes any future statement about "fitting the Warframe style" pointless. You lose credibility when your words and actions don't match up.

1 hour ago, [DE]Taylor said:

We're working with BeastBuster on this but there are still some tweaks that need to be done to them to meet some of our internal style guidelines. Fingers crossed!

tumblr_n827ot9kYV1rr883co1_250.gif

Seriously, you make them change it anymore and people aren't gonna like what it currently is anymore! 

The reason people like it is because of what it looks like and if it changes any further from what it already is I feel worried that it won't be the original artists work anymore.

I personally fell in love with the Rhino skin due to the Scifi cyber Paladin feel it gave me. I really can't see why it can't get in as it is. Either your standards for Warframe themes are really specific and you need to be more forthcoming with this, or your just really picky.

Tldr: ranting cause I'm really passionate  about the BoTL skins and angry cause they "again" did not get in.

1 hour ago, lexandritte said:

I understand there's a lot of technical stuff that would make a Glaive or Shield or Whip fold / unfold, but what about static weapons, i.e. Staffs or Daggers or Dual Blades? What about tagging TennoGen creations with weapon class, not weapon name (i.e. Sword vs Skana, Polearm vs Orthos), because it confuses a lot of people?

Nothing to share right now about more weapons - sorry! The weapon class vs weapon name is feedback very interesting. I believe that they're set up like that for a reason but I can definitely look into this since it might be confusing for newer creators.

1 hour ago, lexandritte said:

What about even short feedback paragraphs about why item wasn't accepted so we can correct on it in a new version or in our other new items? Saying this as one who's weapon model swap wasn't accepted this round, and which to my belief fit Tenno aesthetic as much as other TennoGen pieces do, and also fit all the technical requirments.

Yep! As indicated in the original post, we do send out feedback to on certain pieces following the round's announcement. It'll be shared as soon as we can finalize some things, hoping for early next week. 

If you don't receive feedback, it is because your creation simply strays too far from the Warframe aesthetic or doesn’t quite accomplish enough to differentiate it from other works. As always, please be sure to check out the various guides we have here: http://www.warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/index.php?page=basic-art-guide

Edited by [DE]Taylor
clarified wording since it is creation-based, not creator-focused

Another friendly suggestion for Zaws to be able to use skins. I know it's complicated but it would absolutely spike the amount of options I'm willing to spend $ on.

Also, is it possible for skins for 1h weapons to also apply to twin variants? I know I personally rarely if ever use 1h swords and such, but I use twin variants all the time. That's another chunk of things I won't usually buy since I know it doesn't work with the things I like. This suggestion kind of applies to both Tennogen and non-Tennogen.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Vagnar said:

Another friendly suggestion for Zaws to be able to use skins. I know it's complicated but it would absolutely spike the amount of options I'm willing to spend $ on.

Also, is it possible for skins for 1h weapons to also apply to twin variants? I know I personally rarely if ever use 1h swords and such, but I use twin variants all the time. That's another chunk of things I won't usually buy since I know it doesn't work with the things I like. This suggestion kind of applies to both Tennogen and non-Tennogen.

The Exodia Contagion will break everything, since it uses the Strike as the projectile.

7 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Nothing to share right now about more weapons - sorry! The weapon class vs weapon name is feedback very interesting. I believe that they're set up like that for a reason but I can definitely look into this since it might be confusing for newer creators.

Yep! As indicated in the original post, we do send out feedback to certain creators following the round's announcement. It'll be shared as soon as we can finalize some things, hoping for early next week. 

If you don't receive feedback, it is because your creation simply strays too far from the Warframe aesthetic or doesn’t quite accomplish enough to differentiate it from other works. As always, please be sure to check out the various guides we have here: http://www.warframe.com/steamworkshop/help/index.php?page=basic-art-guide

I thought feedback was supposed to be sent between deadline and round announcement, so we can fix our stuff before the announcement, so it can go in and be announced?

5 minutes ago, lexandritte said:

The Exodia Contagion will break everything, since it uses the Strike as the projectile.

Idk. I'm going to openly admit I know nothing about how coding works, but I don't see why they couldn't keep the Zaw, make it invisible if a skin is applied that overlaps it, and have the player visually holding the reskin while the Zaw is still the active weapon, complete with its consistent Exodia effects etc. I guess that just isn't a preferred or realistic way of handling it.

8 minutes ago, lexandritte said:

I thought feedback was supposed to be sent between deadline and round announcement, so we can fix our stuff before the announcement, so it can go in and be announced?

Nope, not necessarily! There's 2 waves, so to speak.

The first wave is for accepted creations that need a small change or have technical problems that we need the player to fix. This goes out shortly after the Round Deadline has passed. Only a few creations receive feedback during this wave as the deadline is quite small and therefore the piece needs to be 99% of the way there.

The second wave is for not accepted creations, which will be considered again for the next TennoGen round. This feedback goes out AFTER the Round has been announced. The deadline is much larger as there are more significant stylistic or technical changes that need to be made before they can fit the in-game aesthetic. Many more creations will be included in this wave, but not all of them. 

If you're not included in the first wave, there is a chance that you'll receive feedback as part of the second wave but it's not guaranteed.

Hope this helps!

Edited by [DE]Taylor

35 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

DE accepting a microphone polearm skin makes any future statement about "fitting the Warframe style" pointless. You lose credibility when your words and actions don't match up.

The warframe style goes further then shapes and shape-language its about how you implement 1 or more inspirational sources, match them up and apply them on a way with a twist that can both bring a point of resemblence and a fresh or almost even unpopular taste. 

I spend alot of time exploring alot of the existing styles by DE and let me tell you that every new Tenno entry DE themselves make also brings these new formulas with them, there is no fixed artstyle for them but rather a wide curve to explore and make wacky stuff with. TL;DR: its not only the visual product but the way it came to existance and why it could or could not exist.

small note (I also noticed you mentioning the money aspect alot and DE has no loss or gain that has to come out of Tennogen, they literally get models for free afterwich a small part of the studio has to apply textures and check them cutting down alot of work, its a opportunity for artists to get a chance to both express themselves and have a chance at a income that comes with that chance, to hunt that chance for a fixed income is a risky move and I would not advice going into the tennogen world if your doing it for the income)

Also congrats to all who made it in :)

Edited by Scharkie1333

1 minute ago, (PS4)Vagnar said:

Idk. I'm going to openly admit I know nothing about how coding works, but I don't see why they couldn't keep the Zaw, make it invisible if a skin is applied that overlaps it, and have the player visually holding the reskin while the Zaw is still the active weapon, complete with its consistent Exodia effects etc. I guess that just isn't a preferred or realistic way of handling it.

That's kinda how it'd be, but it would still look very odd with some weapons skins spewing Kripath strikes and so on.

4 minutes ago, Scharkie1333 said:

The warframe style goes further then shapes and shape-language its about how you implement 1 or more inspirational sources, match them up and apply them on a way with a twist that can both bring a point of resemblence and a fresh or almost even unpopular taste. 

I spend alot of time exploring alot of the existing styles by DE and let me tell you that every new Tenno entry DE themselves make also brings these new formulas with them, there is no fixed artstyle for them but rather a wide curve to explore and make wacky stuff with. TL;DR: its not only the visual product but the way it came to existance and why it could or could not exist.

They invented a new musical instrument out of thin air for Octavia to play, a holographic powerglove powered by Void.
Octavia Deluxe rocks Boltor like a air guitar, but that Boltor looks nothing like a gun or any musical instrument we've ever seen.

Polearm skin has a literal microphone stuck in the centre of it.

Edited by lexandritte

3 minutes ago, lexandritte said:

That's kinda how it'd be, but it would still look very odd with some weapons skins spewing Kripath strikes and so on.

IF they were to do that, I guess they could theoretically change that specific Exodia's visual to something a bit more universal. Keep it cool looking but generic enough to work with everything.

15 minutes ago, Scharkie1333 said:

small note (I also noticed you mentioning the money aspect alot and DE has no loss or gain that has to come out of Tennogen, they literally get models for free afterwich a small part of the studio has to apply textures and check them cutting down alot of work, its a opportunity for artists to get a chance to both express themselves and have a chance at a income that comes with that chance, to hunt that chance for a fixed income is a risky move and I would not advice going into the tennogen world if your doing it for the income)

4 minutes ago, lexandritte said:

They invented a new musical instrument out of thin air for Octavia to play, a holographic powerglove powered by Void.
Octavia Deluxe rocks Boltor like a air guitar, but that Boltor looks nothing like a gun or any musical instrument we've ever seen.

Polearm skin has a literal microphone stuck in the centre of it.

As I said, DE lost credibility when it comes to rejecting skins because they "stray too far from the Warframe aesthetic" when they created deluxe skins like Chroma Deluxe and accepted Tennogen skins like the Diva polearm skin. It goes beyond skins that don't meet DE's guidelines. It's all about personal taste or technical issues. And if a skin with a literal vintage microphone on it counts as "Tenno style", then just about every item on the Workshop that isn't explicitly Grineer or Corpus style is "Tenno style".

3 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

*while this skin was originally listed as a Staff, that weapon type unfortunately is not available via the TennoGen program at this time so we had to change it to a Polearm for consistency. 

at this time......that begs the question on WHEN we will get more weapons to choose from....its getting a little dated in terms of variety.

1 hour ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

I agree with Apollyon on this, DE saying that Tennogen needs to fit into Warframes "Style" is no longer a valid argument after the Diva Polearm was accepted.

I cant help but feel that any changes DE are asking Content makers to make at this point are simply to make the content fit into their own artistic tastes, which is ultimatly wrong as it undermines the spirit of what Tennogen was meant to be.

Content created by the community for the community.

Edited by Nova73

3 hours ago, VadiseReikaz said:

So much salt. This should be a happy post. We are getting new stuff! If you dont like something, dont buy it! There is a lot of stuff here that I'll be visiting Soon(tm). Hope that Nova from Lukinu_u makes it. May give me a reason to pick Nova at all. Congrats to the ones that made it through!

If that bunny-eared Nova skin is selected, then it'll be the ultimate proof that DE's talk of "no meta content" and "no straying from the Warframe aesthetic" is a bunch of BS.

42 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

If that bunny-eared Nova skin is selected, then it'll be the ultimate proof that DE's talk of "no meta content" and "no straying from the Warframe aesthetic" is a bunch of BS.

What is so difficult for people to enjoy the game and do what THEY like to do in it, instead of being bothered by what OTHER people like to do in it? If you dont like the Nova Skin, then dont vote for it. If it gets selected, then dont buy it. What are you so hurt over? It is their game, and they can choose whatever they want. Tennogen is voluntarily made, nobody is entitled to anything, if their piece gets chosen, they get a cut. If it doesn't, they dont.

So what is your deal? it bothers you that other people enjoy content that you do not? Cut me a break, if a skin comes out that that people like and it breaks the aesthetic, then what's the big deal? If people like it, and DE decides that it is appropriate in their game, then it is a good thing. I dont like a lot of the Tennogen, but I know other people love what I dont. And I dont go around the forums whining that the thing I wanted didn't get selected

Edited by VadiseReikaz

Awwww what a disappointing round :(

My wallet was ready for more than 5 items that were not selected. Shame we have to wait a couple of month for another chance to get our hands on them.

I'm digging everyone's contention on this whole Tenno aesthetic issue, DE. On every other aspect of the game you do great work at communicating with us, but it really sounds like someone's talking out of their Uranus when it comes to Tennogen criteria. More communication from now on, please.

Edit:

I also wanted to say, DE, that it feels as though your selection this time contradicts the shared consensus among the player base. It's hard to tell whether we're talking about a vocal minority who is displeased with the chosen skins. From my experience on the comment section of the workshop and this sub-forum there is no doubt that many of the widely popular skins were neglected in favor of less popular ones. That's why many players feel a disconnect between what you say and what you do.

Edited by Tellakey