Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora: An Unlikely Request

(PSN)LoisGordils

Hey, all!

So, Khora, our dominatrix, our BDSM Warframe is releasing soon. She saw a change to her kit that separated her from the damage system while also removing her exalted whip. I for one was looking forward to the whip but I can see why they removed it. Having a Warframe with an Exalted weapon slide attacking through levels is a rather obnoxious playstyle. With that said, I was still hyped for her weapon. A way to alleviate this is by merging the exalted whip with her first skill, Whipclaw. HOWEVER, it is activated by holding down the ability key and if is duration based. The slide attack should be modified to something that doesn't wipe an entire tile in one go. That way she keeps her Strangledome and an exalted weapon

I mean, if that was obnoxious playstyle why was she going to have it initially...but that aside I dislike that she has 2 powers that do the same thing. I'm referring to Ensnare and Strangle Dome. Ensnare captures a target and spreads out to get more, causing the whip to do bonus damage. Strangle dome captures everything in or near an area(just like ensnare basically) and...from what I saw in the dev overview...they take bonus damage from the whip...and now this latest reading has "STRANGLEDOME 
Weave a dome of living chain that ensnares and strangles any enemy within, and any foolish enough to approach." Meaning it does DoT...possibly. So it's Ensnare...with a DoT. They are still the same power fundamentally, just one does a little bit more...

I'd still prefer the exalted whip over strangle dome. They could have just made it's damage a balance between the 3 physical damage types, or just made it pure elemental...But this? Nah. I hate this about Trinity, and I'm going to loathe it about Khora.

I just want to add something about slide attacks and people saying how too overpowered it is.

Once you start facing some really hard enemies that start to one-shot your behind, you will realize why mods like maiming strike, and high slide damage exist. 

That is all :satisfied:

Edited by ShinTechG

Only thing that bothers me more is there is already a warframe with a very similar ability (Nydus) and taking the whip away and giving just the same ability to her like a different warframe already got? I dont know...

Also, damn, its funny how many people like..... the whip.... on a female warframe, and miss it and... i wonder why... :devil:

13 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Hey, all!

So, Khora, our dominatrix, our BDSM Warframe is releasing soon. She saw a change to her kit that separated her from the damage system while also removing her exalted whip. I for one was looking forward to the whip but I can see why they removed it. Having a Warframe with an Exalted weapon slide attacking through levels is a rather obnoxious playstyle. With that said, I was still hyped for her weapon. A way to alleviate this is by merging the exalted whip with her first skill, Whipclaw. HOWEVER, it is activated by holding down the ability key and if is duration based. The slide attack should be modified to something that doesn't wipe an entire tile in one go. That way she keeps her Strangledome and an exalted weapon

acolyte mods don't work on exalted weapons anyways so the meme-rush wouldn't work

1 minute ago, Dark_RRiderr said:

Only thing that bothers me more is there is already a warframe with a very similar ability (Nydus) and taking the whip away and giving just the same ability to her like a different warframe already got? I dont know...

Also, damn, its funny how many people like..... the whip.... on a female warframe, and miss it and... i wonder why... :devil:

:angry: The Exalted Whip is cool! 

That's the problem. They gave her a 4th already seen on other Warframes, from my humble point of view.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Hey, all!

5 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

I mean, if that was obnoxious playstyle why was she going to have it initially...but that aside I dislike that she has 2 powers that do the same thing. I'm referring to Ensnare and Strangle Dome. Ensnare captures a target and spreads out to get more, causing the whip to do bonus damage. Strangle dome captures everything in or near an area(just like ensnare basically) and...from what I saw in the dev overview...they take bonus damage from the whip...and now this latest reading has "STRANGLEDOME 
Weave a dome of living chain that ensnares and strangles any enemy within, and any foolish enough to approach." Meaning it does DoT...possibly. So it's Ensnare...with a DoT. They are still the same power fundamentally, just one does a little bit more...

I'd still prefer the exalted whip over strangle dome. They could have just made it's damage a balance between the 3 physical damage types, or just made it pure elemental...But this? Nah. I hate this about Trinity, and I'm going to loathe it about Khora.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/946427-give-khora-her-whip-back/?tab=comments#comment-9685308

We're trying our best to highlight what you guys mentioned. Whoever can spare 5 minutes on this post is welcome! Maybe we can change things for real. It's worth a try.

People were spin attacking with whips long before Khora existed, and they will be doing that same thing long after her existence.  Whether she has an exalted whip or not has no relevance to how people play this game.  I really don't see why people keep making up such an excuse like that for DE, rather than asking them what their reason was for removing Exalted Whip.

I have a proposal:

Give Whora Exalted whip.

Change the animation of spin attack on whips for all whips so it doesn't hit more than a single mob.

It actually doesn't make sense to begin with that a whip weapon should keep its kinetic strength after hitting ONE target, even worse that a roundhouse animation should even harm anything, even less, to actually deal more damage than the default S wave movement. Out of all weapon types, a dagger has more clearing potential than a whip, simply because despite of the range potential, after hitting anything, you can keep on pushing it. But a whip? You can transfer a massive kinetic energy into the whip, but as soon as it hits anything, that movement dies out.

Edited by Duduminador