Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Beasts of the Sanctuary: Sanctuary Onslaught Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Sanctuary Onslaught Feedback Megathread

3735b0dc36dcac287eb1c952457f2bc8.jpg&key

Beasts of the Sanctuary is live on PC! We will be using this thread to home all of your feedback on the newest game mode "Sanctuary Onslaught"! 

Cephalon Simaris needs skilled hunters for a ruthless experiment. Enter the portal to test the limits of your power against the battle-hardened beasts of the Sanctuary. Work together to survive the odds and recover the remains of a shattered Warframe. Learn more about the gamemode in the official update thread

We encourage you to play Sanctuary Onslaught before providing feedback. Please be constructive and detailed to the best of your ability, thank you!

If you came across a bug in the Beasts of the Sanctuary update you'd like to report, please visit our Beasts of the Sanctuary: Bug Report Megathread.

Just did a quick sanctuary. Casual, not hardcore. Main piece of feedback after that is the fact that efficiency is going down way too fast in solo. Couldn't even manage to get to 10 minutes, even though everything was dying in one shot, and they were many at once dying. Is this supposed to be a co-op only mode? I really hope it's not...

Oh, also, performance goes down to around 50 fps while the portal is opening and in the hub before the mission.

Edited by Gabbynaru

I tried Elite Sancturary on my First Try and the Difficulty do ramp up pretty quick. When i had 121K points, the Enemies was at lvl 105. That was from doing 4 levels i think. The enemies comes in large packs too. So Maiming Strike users would probably cheese this.

Edited by VPrime96

15 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Main piece of feedback after that is the fact that efficiency is going down way too fast in solo.

This was my main thought as well, I got a good 300,000 points in solo Elite, but no matter how many enemies I killed I simply couldn't keep the efficiency up. Dropped waaaaay to fast.

I mean, 1,600 kills in the space of however many minutes that was and yet I didn't kill fast enough? Come on...

Overall my first run was a pleasant experience. It was fun to just hack, slash and shoot away at hordes of endless enemies.

The primary issue I have with the mode is that there are no standard drops from enemies. While its nice that the mode drops exclusive rewards such as Captura scenes and Vandal parts (?), once you get those (or don't care about them) the rewards may feel lackluster.Resource drops would of course have to be scaled down to account for the massive number of enemies, and I don't care if the average drop rate is well below that of other mission types. Getting these drops in addition to rewards from the loot table will give incentive to play this mode over others (e.g. Survival).

In the end I play for fun of course, but rewards are always nice. Especially resources that always seem to run out (e.g. Oxium), or even credits & endo.

It would also be nice to have some kind of extraction. I played until efficiency ran out, but if one wants to quit early it would be helpful if they can do so without having to wait for efficiency to deplete.

Edited by Late.for.tea

Right, finished a run. Got to zone 13, then we decided to quit. My thoughts as requested:

Simaris is all about efficiency, yet he expects us to be inefficient running a game mode that has no loot, and a very harsh reward pool with things we can mostly farm elsewhere. For Khora, it's comparable to what you farm for Nidus, except no loot, and lower tier relics that aren't guaranteed, as well as the usual endo reward that doesn't really meet the effort you have to put into the mission. My question there is: why would people run this over anything else? The usual response would be "because it's fun", but I'm not sure that holds up very well with the global playerbase.

Spawn rate is high to very high, as the enemies just kind of teleport in, and you can't delay spawns or make them spawn further away, like you can on regular missions. The enemy scaling goes very quickly until about rotation C where it appears to start stagnating. As a result, The New Strange is a very low requirement to be doing a mission like this.

Speaking of low requirements, once you are locked into a squad and you enter, you have no way of dropping out. As a result, you are stuck with the squad you are given, and are at their mercy for when they want to quit, should they decide to keep going forever. Not all people have jobs, ergo you may get complaints in region chat saying "Ugh I had to leave a sanctuary mission because my squad didn't want to leave and I lost everything because I was AFK".

Finally, something minor I noticed: it seems a Nidus' stacks reset to somewhere at 5 when you head through a portal. I'm not sure if this is due to balance or otherwise, but it's ever so slightly annoying. I don't know of any other mission that does this, either, but I suppose since the balancing of the gamemode's duration is about keeping up the killcount, that probably makes sense.

TL;DR: Good game mode, but loot pool's the only reward, hard for newbies that meet requirements, and no getting off the ride early.

So, to provide context to my feedback I tried out the Casual Mode, using a sub optimal weapon set as a solo player.

My first thoughts on the mode was the fact that energy orbs seem to drop on an uncommon basis, this drastically effects your ability to use powers and for players not using Zenurik, Energy Siphon or simply having Rage / Hunter Adrenaline equipped it makes the mode less interesting as frames like Rhino become the optimal choice as they have a one off energy cost you can spend at the start of each new map.

Enemy levels seem to be balanced ok, and the density feels fine as there were always plenty of things to kill. However, it did feel like the efficiency levels were dropping very quickly by the fourth map, and this was with a consistent level of kills being racked up. Right now it definitely does not feel solo friendly, which is a shame given almost every other game mode (up to and including sorties) can be achieved with one player.

Beyond that, my biggest complain is the reward structure. As a late game player relics are something that I can farm in multiple other locations, and having collected almost all of the primes offer very little incentive to traverse this game mode after obtaining the new frame and weapons. Ideally it would be better to have something close to the sortie reward table, as kuva and endo are things that you will always need more of at that stage.

Still, I look forward to seeing how the mode continues to evolve, confirm that first run no crashes present after optimising after the download.

I tried Extreme...
and it seems like spawn rates werent enough to keep the void.. i got the lua map.. which failed the quest in the end.. even tho we got around 500k points.. and from what i saw.. weapons like atterax and orthos p are great.. sadly i was kinda bored in about 5 mins in.. due to lack of enemies to kill.. this mod can be fun.. especially if we can farm relics/endo/focus in there efficiently

Did elite and got to round 7, killing enemies isn’t the big problem. The problem is as mentioned above, the efficiency, drops way too fast and there’s just isn’t enough enemies to help keep up with the efficiency. 

Portal spawns are really delayed, at least 5 seconds delayed in terms of spawning. In this 5 seconds, efficiency drops like crazy and enemies just don’t really spawn that fast anymore. 

Lua tilesets and the ice underground tileset somehow has really crappy spawn rate. We were getting about 5 enemies spawned in a pack every 2 to 3 seconds? And like mentioned above, the efficiency drops too fast and there just isn’t enough enemies to help keep up with. 

Reward pool is a complete nightmare, nothing but relics, did get a radiant lith relic to drop, the reward pool is pretty disappointing. 

When Portal opens and I died and revived myself I respawned in next zone, Portal script didn't trigger and I left with White fog screen for all next zone. Fog dissapeared when I went through next portal. Also some of the texts are in german while it should english.tR7YG8D.jpg

Solo game froze and crashed at wave 4 or 5 on elite onslaught mode during conduit materializing. WAR-1732768. The game slows down noticeable every time the portal opens.

Very enjoyable game mode, although some maps the AI can't navigate well, also please increase Grinner, Corpus, Corrupted spawn since they tend to stay far away and stuck in another room/part of the map.