Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Death Squads Are A Really Bad Idea

sevalaricgirl

I have much worse to say but this is getting ridiculous.  Part of playing the game, in fact it's a must, is to kill the bosses.  In fact, the junctions require you to do so but as soon as you do, death squads are sent.  Part of the game is leveling syndicates so you have access to the augments, the only way besides buying plat and spending it on Augments (don't get me started on that), so that is also mandatory.  Yet death squads are sent after you.  Sometimes, 3 death squads a mission when you have only 4 deaths per mission which of course can lead to failing the mission and having to redo it.  Now it is programmed into the AI so they can fix the mess.  I have nothing against death squads but when they come after a level 3 frame, it's ridiculous.  When three of them come after a level 10 frame, we have a problem.  This is something that needs to be fixed and I'm sure it's been said before many times.  DE you need to take a second/third/fiftieth look at this.

1 minute ago, sevalaricgirl said:

I have much worse to say but this is getting ridiculous.  Part of playing the game, in fact it's a must, is to kill the bosses.  In fact, the junctions require you to do so but as soon as you do, death squads are sent.  Part of the game is leveling syndicates so you have access to the augments, the only way besides buying plat and spending it on Augments (don't get me started on that), so that is also mandatory.  Yet death squads are sent after you.  Sometimes, 3 death squads a mission when you have only 4 deaths per mission which of course can lead to failing the mission and having to redo it.  Now it is programmed into the AI so they can fix the mess.  I have nothing against death squads but when they come after a level 3 frame, it's ridiculous.  When three of them come after a level 10 frame, we have a problem.  This is something that needs to be fixed and I'm sure it's been said before many times.  DE you need to take a second/third/fiftieth look at this.

Uhm, I have never seen more then 1 death squad per mission. Are you sure thats a thing?

5 minutes ago, tCartmant said:

Uhm, I have never seen more then 1 death squad per mission. Are you sure thats a thing?

Yup. Never have had more then 1. pretty sure there is a limit of max. 1 per mission as well.

So what ever it is its probably not death squads.

Limit is 1 per mission and rarely they kill their target, it may happen in solo or when levelling weak weapons. The only dangerous one is Stalker when in solo but once you go down one time he goes away.

What is the difference between an assassin and a death squad, they still kill lower level frames.  And I most of the time solo.  There are so many every single day.  In a 1 hr period, I had 3 or 4 different ones come after me.  So it's 2 missions but it's still ridiculous.  Assassins, death squads big deal.  2 in a mission is 1 too many.  3 or 4 in an hour of play is too many.  I'm giving my feedback.  That's what this forum is for, feedback.

And I have plenty of max level characters.  They don't seem to hit them.  They take out my lowbies.  I have 17 frames about half of them are prime frames but it seems that when I'm on max level frost, I don't see them.  When I'm on little Gara, out they come.

Edited by sevalaricgirl

The Syndicate squads aren't difficult to run away from, causing them to eventually get split up, at which point they can be taken out individually. Not only that, but it's possible to have 4 Syndicates on good terms with you (Red Veil and Steel Meridian, plus either New Loka and Perrin Sequence or Cephalon Suda and Arbiters of Hexis), at which point you'll only have to deal with 2 death squad types if you're strictly a solo player. All of the death squads can't really do long-range combat, so just keep out of range of their auras while hitting them with the longest range weapon you have on you.

Stalker is the only one who's really a threat, since he's a dirty cheater (disabling Warframe powers and generally doing way too much damage), but if you have access to the Operator, he as well is much easier to deal with.

11 minutes ago, sevalaricgirl said:

What is the difference between an assassin and a death squad, they still kill lower level frames.  And I most of the time solo.  There are so many every single day.  In a 1 hr period, I had 3 or 4 different ones come after me.  So it's 2 missions but it's still ridiculous.  Assassins, death squads big deal.  2 in a mission is 1 too many.  3 or 4 in an hour of play is too many.  I'm giving my feedback.  That's what this forum is for, feedback.

And I have plenty of max level characters.  They don't seem to hit them.  They take out my lowbies.  I have 17 frames about half of them are prime frames but it seems that when I'm on max level frost, I don't see them.  When I'm on little Gara, out they come.

the difference between an assassin (stalker, zanuka, G3) and syndicate deathsquad, is that the syndicate deathsquad can be ignored (so long as they are not in your way)

Syndicate death squads means you bring a good weapon. Same goes for G3 or Zanuka.

Stalker = Operator

Moral of the story: Mod your lowbie frames for durability and bring strong weapon/s.

Edit: Deathsquads mean high xp (10 units spawn IIRC, each giving possibly 1k+ affinity), so the game's already helping you out

Edited by p3z1

Considering how low the chances of them spawning are and that you get a minimum of four revives don't you think you are overreacting a tiny bit OP?

40 minutes ago, tCartmant said:

Yeah you cannot get more then one per mission. Don't know what OP is on about.

28 minutes ago, sevalaricgirl said:

And I most of the time solo.

death squads and assassins mostly showing up when playing solo is a myth as far as I know.
just like how stalker will only show up when you're leveling weak weapons.

whether a death squad or assassin shows up is entirely up to RNG and is not affected by you bringing weak weapons.
in fact, playing public instead of solo will actually INCREASE your chances of being attacked by a death squad and will increase the chance of an assassin showing up.

Edited by BaIthazar

56 minutes ago, BaIthazar said:

death squads and assassins mostly showing up when playing solo is a myth as far as I know.
just like how stalker will only show up when you're leveling weak weapons.

whether a death squad or assassin shows up is entirely up to RNG and is not affected by you bringing weak weapons.
in fact, playing public instead of solo will actually INCREASE your chances of being attacked by a death squad and will increase the chance of an assassin showing up.

The chance of getting 5x stalker in ~20 missions when playing solo should be almost zero, but I've had it happen while public-but-solo leveling weapons, and 3x in a day doing that isn't uncommon.  In fact before my operator was up to it, I always made sure to have a mag/rad/viral synoid gammacor equipped while doing it, because of just how annoying stalker became while leveling weapons with a maxed frame, thanks to his damage reduction (the time he showed up when all I had was a penta was tedious, to say the least).

I get the feeling that mission type and tileset have a large part to play (possibly MR too), because I was mostly running MD on Earth at the time (bored with akkad/hydron, and looking for new players that might need help, but not from someone with a ton of maxed weapons to one-shot everything).  I'm MR22 and I've seen far more of stalker solo on earth, waiting for people to join me, than on akkad in groups, with the same kind of loadouts.  You kind of notice when you're selling dread blueprints in stacks of 30.

Edited by polarity

16 минут назад, polarity сказал:

The chance of getting 5x stalker in ~20 missions when playing solo should be almost zero, but I've had it happen while public-but-solo leveling weapons.

stalker pops almost nonstop at my akkad focus grinds.

no idea why he does it

Just now, chaotea said:

I like them. Eximus give nice affinity, and grouped together like that makes an easy target.

Once they literally saved my backplate on a high level mission. I was having my Iron Skin almost depleted thanks to a Nullifier who destroyed the previous one and there were few strong enemies... until 10 Oxpreys materialized in front of me. Iron Charge + Iron Skin = 930% strenght IS and the rest of the game was a chilling walk through Corpus mobs.