Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sanctuary Onslaught: Difficulty Changes!

[DE]Rebecca

The only reason to play this mode is Braton/Lato Vandal parts and Focus. Once I get all Braton/Lato parts I will only play it for Focus because it it's the only both fun and viable way of getting it.

Thanks for taking away the only reason to play the game mode for me in the future. I was actually enjoying this mode because it was a fun way to get focus, I guess you want people to stick to using Adaro and not having fun because this change was not needed at all. Probably the most disappointing and lackluster update yet, followed by it's hotfixes. 

I'm glad the enemies are sort of fixed now. They were basically tissue paper before. Having a bombard and ancient healer spawn should always fill you with a bit of dread.

Focus reward changes are kind of sad face. Sure focus is supposed to be a slow and drawn out grind, but honestly it adds so little to the game aside from maybe 3-4 abilities. I guess I'll get over it. No big deal.

Efficiency is terrible. It forces players to spam AoE abilities, generates a resentment of certain play styles, and prematurely terminates what could be a fun game mode.

Surely you guys have an idea of what a baseline player has for gear. Let's look at Rhino and Volt. 2 very different frames and abilities. Rhino can't last more than a few waves because his efficiency in clearing a room with one button isn't there. Volt can pop into a wave, hit 4, and clear an entire map. With roar and a top tier weapon, Rhino can dish out significant damage, just in a smaller area (Lens, Atterax, Amprex, etc). Would it be feasible to tie efficiency to damage dealt instead of number of kills (or whatever it's currently tied to)? Wouldn't this allow for different styles of game play with different players desired loadout?

Here's my simple opinion:

A full group of well planned players should last at least 1hr+ on the 1st tier of Onslaught.

A solo player that has invested reactors and catalysts in any frame should last the first 8-10 waves on the 1st tier of Onslaught. Hard, yes. Impossible, no.

Elite should be damn near impossible past the first 8-10 waves with the highest powered frames and weapons in the game, but due to enemy scaling and not efficiency.

K

Please don't take away my first hopes at catching up on Focus. I was just starting to get back into the game, and this mountain of progression through Focus was my main draw.

edit: I ran a solo Sanctuary using Equinox and a greater lens. In four zones, I received the same amount of focus I previously got out of a single convergence. This is what feels the most upsetting; the progress and accomplishment felt within my grasp, and now it's been cut down. Please rethink this reduction.

Three reasons some players cannot play this mode in a way that is satisfying at this time:

1. If a player DC's from the host for reasons that are not their fault or intent, and cannot rejoin the squad, it breaks the mode for that player. All rewards are lost back to tile zero...

2. If said player comes back into game and accepts the offer to "rejoin the squad", then the entire team is not allowed to progress past its current tile. DC player may also still lose all rewards anyway, in addition to destroying progression for the entire team.

DC's are far more frequent here than in the rest of the game. Have gotten into the 9th tile one time, in coop mode, since the introduction of the mode, out of more than 10 attempts. While two of those failed attempts were actual "we need to retool" issues, the rest were sync and connectivity failures.

3. Spawn rate variability.

Sometimes there are plenty of enemies spawning, when playing in solo mode. Solo the only mode, for me, which has a more than 10% chance of allowing progress to the "C" reward table. Other times, there are not enough enemies. No matter how fast one kills them, no matter how good one is at finding/eliminating them as they "take cover" in the most inaccessible and opposite crannies of the tile, there are not enough spawning to maintain efficiency at ANY kill rate. At other times, there are plenty, and despite being of the same faction that used to be hiding and taking cover, they are all even running within reasonable range, toward the player... It only takes one room of low spawn rate to essentially end a run, completely independent of a player's skill or willingness to cheese.

I could solo elite to 11 or 12. Now its 6.  I've ran it 4 times after update yesterday and 6th zone each time! Wtf?  I only run pugs when absolutely necessary so don't tell me that's my only option! Pugs = host mitigation and/or crashes. I pass!

11 hours ago, Zilchy said:

I just came back from 2 years away from the game. All my prime mods are maxed and I have 300k + endo in reserve. Imagine how much the players who didn't stop for 2 years have. That's why.

Except I've been playing just about every day since open beta started back in 2013? Just unlocked the day 800 whatever riven pack in case you don't believe me. I played before endo even existed. When cores where converted over I had 200k endo. I'm now sitting on 2k, and on top of that I'm constantly dissolving mods for endo on top of the constant 4k from sorties and 1k from hiercon/kuva survival runs. So either endo is underrated (it is) or my endo is dissapearing.

1 minute ago, Aarnwulf said:

Other times, there are not enough enemies. No matter how fast one kills them, no matter how good one is at finding/eliminating them as they "take cover" in the most inaccessible and opposite crannies of the tile, there are not enough spawning to maintain efficiency at ANY kill rate.

Just yesterday, I encountered a Kuva Fortress tile that spawned maybe two dozen Grineer Workers. Skip ahead two zones, I encountered a zone that spawned maybe a little more than two dozen Ancient Disruptors and Healers. My run ended shortly after this.

Buffing/denerfing the enemy in Elite Sanctuary Onslaught is definitely a step in the right direction. There is finally some need for survivability, and not just killing fast. 

If DE wants to please those complaining about focus farming, nerf enemies in regular onslaught, boost the focus gain there or whatever. Grinders can grind the heck out of the regular mode for all I care. For Elite mode, which is intended to be the hardcore mode, enemies shouldn't be any easier. 

MOM! Onslaught needs to be PLAYABLE FIRST!

• Get your guys on fixing the conduits; there is no point in playing onslaught if you cant get to the next level.
  • Keep the enemy spawn rate high (can't be efficient if there is nothing to kill)
  •  onslaught need to be hard, not IMPOSSIBLE! 

I enjoy solo endurance runs but I won't be able to if efficiently drains faster than I can kill enemies.  

• Better Rewards on the table, please... 

The entire community has enough relics we don't need anymore (keep the radiant ones).Buff the amount of endo or remove it entirely.(Thanks for not having trash mods)

You guys pulled some miracles before and I hope you can do it again, but it been a week since the onslaught mode came out and you need the mechanics to work properly before working on the balance issues. 

On 25/4/2018 at 2:10 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Sanctuary Onslaught is where we play by Simaris' rules. You already know by now the jist of our Khora plans, but we also have to do some tweaks to Onslaught.

Here's what we're doing with ELITE Sanctuary Onslaught!

Our plans with this are a bit tougher to map out succinctly because the mode still needs attention to fixes. However, some data has come back that we don't want to keep to ourselves.

Enemy scaling is broken. If things felt too easy compared to normal-gameplay, it's because they are. Take a look at the way an Infested Charger's health behaves - this discrepancy applies to all enemies, not just the Charger!:
SCALING.png

This is semi-complicated to fix, because in a way this has led to hollow gains - enemies are providing significantly more Affinity (and thus, Focus) but in reality they are much weaker than they should be. To maintain the current difficulty of the mission type as best we can, we will have to lower enemy levels, which will impact Focus gains. We absolutely intend on this mode still being a Focus boon, and playtesting shows that gains are still enormous compared to normal play elsewhere (with Adaro strategies being the exception).

I'm yet to give it a try, but this post sounds like "we'll increase difficulty and slightly cut focus gains" the reward changes listed in patch notes also add salt to the wound since it's basically "we'll remove one thing you most likely don't want, but we'll replace it with something you still may not want in order to keep the mode as unrewarding as before despite the difficulty increase"

What a nice way to kill a game mode before it gets to be 1 week old.

Oi... those of us not on the meta list just got kicked out of this mode.

Day before yesterday, I was able to solo "normal" Onslaught to zone 9, I was thrilled! I actually got an amount of focus that felt like I might eventually be able to unlock the next rank of the node I'm working on (305,000... ugh...). I haven't got a single Khora part yet while I have collected 15,000 endo and waaaay too many copies of the Captura scenes, but that's just RNG, right?

But now? If I can make it to level 4, it's a miracle. I think I'll ignore her, pretend the two "Vandals" are still exclusive, and go back to pub-hunting Eidolons - at least I can get arcanes, not yet another copy of a Captura scene I already have.

(And yes, Onslaught RNG hates me: I tried one run this morning before work to see if I still hated it. Got to zone 5 with Atterax spin spam that left my fingers sore, got two copies of the same Captura scene :P )

please do something about this funny drop chances

i have 20-25 runs still didnt get khora bp

this is realy bad and make me to not play the new mod

de you realy think 30-40 of our time is just worth 325plats?omg

continue to do this and your game wil be empty sooner than later

effiency drop is so bad in a blin it will drop 5-6% on wave 6+ in normal onslaught

even with a mesa i cant get 70% on wave 8 and sometime i lose

this is so bad

I was actually looking forward to Sanctuary Onslaught, and Excal Umbra "FINALLY", this year.  But after seeing Pycho's video on youtube and reading PC players' reaction to the changes to onslaught before it even hits console, I'm extremely bummed.  Increasing the difficulty of the game mode while nerfing rewards before even addressing the bugs and crashes still prevalent in the game-mode is very disappointing.  A decision like this is like the EA Battlefront "pride and accomplishment" fiasco, and I pray the devs listen to the players.  If not 2018 may be the year I say goodbye to Warframe, and I pray that is not the case.

Going to post here, although I posted in the megathread as well:

Did your hotfix to elite onslaught "accidently" affect normal onslaught as well? Seriously. I'm seeing reports of this all over Reddit, the forums, and other communities. Something doesn't "feel" right. At wave 4 or 5 (sometimes even 3) my caster frames barely scratch enemies. World on Fire? Resonating Quake? etc. Why are my ults barely denting enemies when they're only level 35 or so? I just tested the exact same build with enemies outside of onslaught and they die fine.

11 minutes ago, Hayde615 said:

Going to post here, although I posted in the megathread as well:

Did your hotfix to elite onslaught "accidently" affect normal onslaught as well? Seriously. I'm seeing reports of this all over Reddit, the forums, and other communities. Something doesn't "feel" right. At wave 4 or 5 (sometimes even 3) my caster frames barely scratch enemies. World on Fire? Resonating Quake? etc. Why are my ults barely denting enemies when they're only level 35 or so? I just tested the exact same build with enemies outside of onslaught and they die fine.

I concur. As a solo player I'm having real difficulties getting to the zone 8 in normal mode. I feel that not only enemies health was buffed, but their damage too. No, I'm not one of the more hardcore folks, otherwise I'd play elite. Zone 8 is all I need from this mode, so I can farm Khora and move on. Focus gain went down as well - not that it mattered that much to me, but such things add up. Basically everything is worse now.

I'm not sure I want to play such a mode. :awkward:

3 minutes ago, Edelsid said:

I concur. As a solo player I'm having real difficulties getting to the zone 8 in normal mode. I feel that not only enemies health was buffed, but their damage too. No, I'm not one of the more hardcore folks, otherwise I'd play elite. Zone 8 is all I need from this mode, so I can farm Khora and move on. Focus gain went down as well - not that it mattered that much to me, but such things add up. Basically everything is worse now.

I'm not sure I want to play such a mode. :awkward:

Yeah i noticed a change as well! I tried to solo normal mode to avoid the host migration issue and noticed harder enemies and less focus for sure! I was using this to get my focus since im really bad at the adaro method so this is a bummer for sure =/

Archived