The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Onslaught is the worst experience I've had in 5 years of Warframe

Diarist

I wasn't quite sure if this belonged in a feedback forum or not, but this is less so feedback about the game mode as a whole and moreso just a terrible experience thus far. By far the worst I've ever had with this game.

I've been playing Warframe for an extremely long time, I've seen pretty much everything and experienced everything over 5~ years of playing Warframe. In no way am I exaggerating when I say that in said 5 years, Onslaught is by far the most toxic game mode I have ever had the displeasure of playing through, ever. It is a genuinely awful experience, and no its not because of the game mode itself even, at this point. Its people, and what they are allowed to get away with doing with 0 consequence at all.

IE; People (the host in these cases) bringing horrendously weak, or squishy frames with 0 survivability, dying, then flaming the squad for said repeated deaths, and then leaving, forcing a Host Migration and thus, everyone in the squad is booted back to their ship after sitting through two loading screens and loses everything. Drops. Focus. Everything gone, because the host playing like garbage decided everyone's run should be ruined.

This isn't a once in a blue moon thing either. This is genuinely quite frequent. Host plays like trash, blames the team (like this is League of Legends or something), and then threatens to DC or straight up says they will DC and then leaves, everyone gets booted out and loses everything. This happens every single day. If it isn't a Conduit not spawning, or someone or something crashing, its this. Run ruined. Gotta go in again and pray to god something doesn't happen again, 70% of the time it will.

Why are rewards not kept upon pickup? I genuinely and truly don't understand this. Five years now, and this has been an issue since the very beginning when it comes to pickups and items. This game mode is broken enough as it is, but as of right now it is the most efficient way to hit daily focus cap, so I'm almost forced to play it because I'd be shooting myself in the foot by not doing so, but jesus man, five years now and we can't have items and pickups be in our inventory after picking them up?

And why is there STILL no option for griefing or behaviour like this in the ingame Report function? Someone intentionally killing the run with a host migrate so everyone loses everything is really, really not okay and should be reportable and punishable. Why are people allowed to get away with this? We can only report people for Spam, Offensive Names/Language, Harassment or Real-life Threats, but not intentionally griefing and intentionally killing people's run. I'm sorry, what year is this?

It's 2018 and its been over 5 years that this game has been out, how are these still such huge glaring issues? This game mode is completely toxic, almost unplayable even after a week still because of stuff like this.

Edited by Diarist

I'm not sure it was the worst. Gradivus Dilemma was MUUUUUCCCCCHHH worst. So many invasion missions to be done.... Much Greedy Milk spilled... Wow.

As for the Host and why rewards aren't being kept has to do more with the fact that the maps are constantly changing tiles and what not. Normally such info gets preloaded at the start of the round. Here, not so much. Its a learning experience since DE has NOT actually done anything like this specifically. And testing it internally isn't going to reveal big network-related issues like it might later on with actual users playing the new mode.

The plus is DE DOES know about these issues now and they're working hard to resolve it. And if you've played for 5 years, you should know that DE does everything in their power to fix issues as soon as they can with stuff like that. Or should I point to all the hard work they put in fixing the PoE, the Terralyst, the Triolysts, the updating of both projectile and laser weapons, and a ton of other things?

Just give them feedback on issues. No need to go overboard. And in the end, DE will fix it. It just might not be instantaneous, but compared to other devs, it might seem that way.

Unintentional crashing leading to host migrations is one thing, and DE should work to AT LEAST make sure that everyone keeps their rewards, but this is another

As you brought up, it's amazing that this issue has been happening for almost the entire 5 years Warframe has been active. As the developers, I feel like this would have been one of the first issues they really pressed to fix.

4 minutes ago, SergeantSunshine said:

Unintentional crashing leading to host migrations is one thing, and DE should work to AT LEAST make sure that everyone keeps their rewards, but this is another

As you brought up, it's amazing that this issue has been happening for almost the entire 5 years Warframe has been active. As the developers, I feel like this would have been one of the first issues they really pressed to fix.

This is the exact kind of behaviour I am talking about.

Nothing about this is okay, at all. This person is the literal definition and example of a word I unfortunately can't say without breaking ToS, so I'll let your imagination run wild.
And this person will get away with it too, and continue to do it. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if this was the same person I JUST ran with myself. Exact same attitude, exact same use of emoticons even.

5 minutes ago, SergeantSunshine said:

Oh wow o.o

There is NO sportmanship in that user i give them that.While im a solo player ,this is seriously not how you play with others, thats for darn sure. I seen some really terrible palyers but this is something else.

hace 6 minutos, SergeantSunshine dijo:

That's sad, seeing such behaviour in a game like this, i guess nobody can run away from toxic or childish players, and the host problem its on since the day one of the update but de says nothing about a fix from host migration, i guess it will take time

23 minutes ago, SergeantSunshine said:

The developers are much more focused on adding environmental hazards, and removing voiced lines from Simaris referring to teammates having already gone through the portal ahead of you, and making the run harder, and nerfing player performance in the run to deal with things like "host migration issues".

The developers are aware, but just kinda shrug and don't even comment on it.

This comes to mind:

Edited by DeMeritus

their p2p hosting is likely so hacked up with tape the bailing wire it likely needs a ground up replacent that will take a lot longer than a few meager weeks to fix. Being a problem for so long is likely so volitile they are afraid to even touch it if the original coder for the migration system is no longer with DE. That's the rumor I've seen repeated a few times.

I know this is the last thing you want to hear, and these posts always fill up with this ideaology. But, this is why I always farm solo. No one to troll you, no one with crappy internet. Just you and your spoiles. I’ve had zero crashes, and dc’s. Being this is a co-op game, it sucks, but that’s the issue with a peer to peer network. 

I feel like the only people complaining are the ones who themselves are not good enough, it's a new game mode, there will be issues, get over and move on till it's better optimised, providing constructive criticism is fine, but ranting like this is helping no one.

1 minute ago, Glavenusaur said:

I feel like the only people complaining are the ones who themselves are not good enough, it's a new game mode, there will be issues, get over and move on till it's better optimised, providing constructive criticism is fine, but ranting like this is helping no one.

What does being "Not good enough" have to do with people intentionally griefing by disconnecting and causing their squad to lose rewards?

What does being "Not good enough" have to do with wondering why pickups and items aren't in our inventory when acquired, in 2018?

What does being "Not good enough" have to do with wondering why there isn't an option to report people who intentionally grief and kill runs?

Did you even read a single post in this thread?

1 hour ago, SergeantSunshine said:

If this person was reported they should be permabanned and nothing else.

il y a une heure, SergeantSunshine a dit :

-snip-

That's sadly a good representation of most gamers today. I'll go so far as to say most people in today's society. The common mortal is a selfish prick.

4 minutes ago, Diarist said:

Did you even read a single post in this thread?

Please, they are too busy running elite zone 8 with their cheese frame solo over and over for vandal parts to sell because they already know you shouldn't play co-op in a co-op game. That's crazy.

11 minutes ago, Glavenusaur said:

Defending trolls lmao. So were ppl to kept getting host migration kick by trolls couple of months ago for a half year also not good enough?

1 hour ago, Diarist said:

Why are rewards not kept upon pickup?

This is my question as well. If there was a plains bounty-esque ATTEMPT to save your rewards, maybe every 4th wave? It would probably slug the mode down if it was EVERY portal. But every 4th portal could at least allow us to earn something for our time.

I only want to even play this mode Solo forever because there's no point in playing in public groups already.

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

How does host keep rewards?

If they (the host) don't go through the portal they keep all rewards and extract normally whilst a host migration occurs for the other 3 players and they have a very high chance of losing all rewards 

2 minutes ago, SergeantSunshine said:

If they (the host) don't go through the portal they keep all rewards and extract normally whilst a host migration occurs for the other 3 players and they have a very high chance of losing all rewards 

Wow. I haven't experienced that yet... That sucks. That's premium troll mechanics right there

Edited by Hypernaut1

1 hour ago, Diarist said:

And why is there STILL no option for griefing or behaviour like this in the ingame Report function? Someone intentionally killing the run with a host migrate so everyone loses everything is really, really not okay and should be reportable and punishable. Why are people allowed to get away with this? We can only report people for Spam, Offensive Names/Language, Harassment or Real-life Threats, but not intentionally griefing and intentionally killing people's run. I'm sorry, what year is this?

Because it isn't always intentional, sometimes they disconnect or something needs to be done, just get over it and stop making such a huge deal about it, i can guarantee it is now way NEAR as frequent as you make it seem to be, this honestly just feels like attention seeking...