Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I build Broken War?

Kebast

no matter what you're going to have a long haul to Craft both War and Broken War - whichever you're more likely to use i guess. building the other of the two will take just as long(ETA: forever) no matter which one you Craft first.

4 minutes ago, Elfezen said:

Prime Weapons are always the endgame/stronger than the rest but if you like collecting rare things like that and making mastery ranks easier then build it 

That is not true, actually. Some prime weapons are absolute garbage, and some non-prime weapons are absolute god tier. Right now the Broken War outclasses every single shortsword in the game including the Dakra Prime (though some Zaw swords outclass it).

57 minutes ago, CodeCypher said:

Why would you build it if you can get it for free (+catalyst +slot) after completing a certain quest later? Also, how will you get Broken War blueprint? Assuming you haven't finished another certain quest already.

He probably spent his free Broken War on building War

10 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

He probably spent his free Broken War on building War

Based on his first post, 

3 hours ago, Kebast said:

I have Galatine Prime, Orthos Prime, Lesion built pretty well. Any need for Broken War?

I assume he hasn't obtained Broken War at all. Though it's unusual if he's MR 13++ (Galatine Prime req) and hasn't finished the quest. Well, not that it really matters, just curious.

7 hours ago, CodeCypher said:

Based on his first post, 

I assume he hasn't obtained Broken War at all. Though it's unusual if he's MR 13++ (Galatine Prime req) and hasn't finished the quest. Well, not that it really matters, just curious.

Sorry, I should have given more detail. Yes, I've finished the quest and got the free broken war. Mostly asking if I should bother collecting the optimal mods for it and hang onto it. 

I've maxed it now, but don't have the couple of prime mods that I normally see in builds for it. It does pretty well with drifting contact. I like the speed vs Galatine P, but the damage is quite a bit less. It seems on par with Orthos P though. 

3 hours ago, rune_me said:

You know what's stupid? That broken war has a blueprint. I mean, who makes a blueprint to build something that is broken?

What does the instructions even say? Build War. Then Break it. Done.

Okay, short rant is over.

Better than the state it was previously, aka War required Broken War to build, and Broken War required War to build. Though even now, it's still a mess, yes.

12 minutes ago, rune_me said:

You know what's stupid? That broken war has a blueprint. I mean, who makes a blueprint to build something that is broken?

<Sigh> this was to make the players happy... Before, there was the broken war, which was a quest item, and the BPs for war (required broken war) and the BP for broken war (required war). People complained they could only have one and not both without buying the stalker pack (with the armor and stuff).

So now we make broken war from scratch, and use it to make war...

12 minutes ago, rune_me said:

<Sigh> this was to make the players happy... Before, there was the broken war, which was a quest item, and the BPs for war (required broken war) and the BP for broken war (required war). People complained they could only have one and not both without buying the stalker pack (with the armor and stuff).

Just now, BlueFalcon13 said:

I get that. I have no problem with it from a gameplay perspective. I'm just saying that logically, it makes no sense, since the way to make, say, a broken bottle, would obviously be to have a bottle and then break it.