Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Vandal Weapons/Blueprints be moved from Onslaught Reward Table to Simaris's Standing Shop?

FoxFX

In a personal note, I feel that the reward table in Elite Onslaught is an extremely grindy experience. On the long run, I feel that the game mode may loose in repetitive gameplay once a player managed to amass enough Focus or once they obtain the other rewards in Onslaught. In addition, [DE] has already posted plans to make further adjustments to Onslaught's difficulty.

While I feel to prefer having the Vandal Parts {or just their Blueprints} moved to Simaris's Standing Shop, I am also taking in consideration that Onslaught itself is an endless mission. But as to what other rewards could replace the Vandals in their stead?:

• Forma/Forma Blueprints
  • Orokin Catalyst/Reactor
  • Nitan Extracts
  • Focus Lenses
  • [Insert for any fair reward you can think of]

However, this is what I have been pondering about Onslaught's current reward table.

What are your thoughts on this?

I have completely farmed Braton Vandal already and am on the go with the Lato Vandal. I dont think its that hard. It does require some effort which is mandatory for a weapon that so many longed for.

Having them for sale for standing could make it take abit longer to obtain but it would be too easy to simply purchase the parts from the market.

Adding the vandals to simaris shop would make them too easy to get.  It's not really that hard to get them right now unless you're really impatient.  I've gotten parts for both while farming for radiant relics :|

Also, Reactors and catalysts in an endless mode that can be played as much as people want is a silly idea.

Whatever they do, they should rotate rewards on a weekly basis and take endo out.  400 endo in 5 minutes is a waste of time for players that are at a point where they can consistently grind the mode.

Edited by Aggh

I'm in half-agreement with this idea, mostly because items that we will only need once felt like a bad idea on a repeating mission reward table. After we got a part even once, that part will become a dead drop for the future, no different than getting a Credit cache. I don't know what to replace it though that will entice players to keep going in there.

12 minutes ago, Darkvramp said:

and how would we earn simaris standing? his "syndicate" is so hard to farm for because we only get a few capture targets per day, and the alternative to getting his standing IS TEDIOUS.

Well, the Sanctuary Onslaught score could be made to Simaris standing. We are doing something for his Sanctuary, after all.

1 minute ago, Gamma745 said:

Well, the Sanctuary Onslaught score could be made to Simaris standing. We are doing something for his Sanctuary, after all.

it could and if they go that rout it should, but you should well know by now how well DE is at half @##ing and delivering only a portion of what is actually needed or desired upfront.

3 minutes ago, Darkvramp said:

it could and if they go that rout it should, but you should well know by now how well DE is at half @##ing and delivering only a portion of what is actually needed or desired upfront.

That's the reason there's a feedback section in this forum, isn't it? Whether DE pay attention to it is another thing altogether...

That's the reason there's a feedback section in this forum, isn't it? Whether DE pay attention to it is another thing altogether...

it has been a while since i have seen anything constructive come out and reach DE's "attention".

28 minutes ago, VoightIsMySpiritAnimal said:

These Vandal weapons should be accessed by everyone, similar to those offered by invasions.

:redveil:

There aren't any limitations on who can or cannot play Elite Onslaught (except for the obvious "do you have the builds for it" limitation). By that definition, they currently are accessible by "Everyone".

1 hour ago, FoxFX said:

In a personal note, I feel that the reward table in Elite Onslaught is an extremely grindy experience. On the long run, I feel that the game mode may loose in repetitive gameplay once a player managed to amass enough Focus or once they obtain the other rewards in Onslaught. In addition, [DE] has already posted plans to make further adjustments to Onslaught's difficulty.

While I feel to prefer having the Vandal Parts {or just their Blueprints} moved to Simaris's Standing Shop, I am also taking in consideration that Onslaught itself is an endless mission. But as to what other rewards could replace the Vandals in their stead?:

• Forma/Forma Blueprints
  • Nitan Extracts
  • Focus Lenses
  • [Insert for any fair reward you can think of]

However, this is what I have been pondering about Onslaught's current reward table.

What are your thoughts on this?

Orokin Catalyst/Reactor or Nitain would be a Good Replacement since you need Catalyst/Reactors when you build a New or a previously added Weapon/Warframe and Farming Nitain is pretty slow since they appear in every 5 hours. But i would like to have the Vandals added into Simaris Standing if the Onslaught gives us Rep for his Syndicate Standing since the only way to gain it is Scanning Simaris Targets and random enemies and that type of rep gaining can be Grindy.

9 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

As @Gamma745 stated, Sanctuary Onslaught (perhaps the Elite Variant Exclusively) could reward Simaris Standing at the end of the mission. The Sanctuary Onslaught and the Synthesis Scanning are all part of Simaris, so it would make more sense.

On another note, I don't feel the removal of the Vandals from Elite Onslaught would deter the other valuable rewards the Elite Onslaught already offers. You get the Radiant Relics for sure, but also a high amount of Focus Affinity.

But what happens once you realize you already have all the gear the Radiant Relics already offers? I feel for an Endless Mission to be a bit more rewarding, having some late game reward would pay off better on the long run. Which is why I made that list in the OP of other rewards that could replace the Vandals.

No, Warframe is supposed to be about farming weapon parts to craft the stuff yourself.... Especialy since the Braton and Lato vandal was first introduced years ago for Closed Beta Testers. Many people here are lucky to be able to get them at all. Beyond that, There is nothing in this game that suits a veteran player for rewards.... i have stacks of forma, catalysts, reactors, nitan... The best rewards are weapons and warframes that are unique. 

Tbh being a part of closed beta never meant the weapons were not intended for other players at a later point. It's just that CBT people got hands on them first as a reward on top of being able to play the game earlier than everyone else. But in a way they were somewhat special due to having to be lucky enough to participate in it.

They were released in 2013 so CBT players already had them for 5 years. That's plenty exclusivity for just signing up to be chosen imho. I'd say, let other people enjoy things too as well as earn them, work for them by beating the rng. I think just letting Simaris sell them would be a bit too cheap way of obtaining them. Now it works as an incentive to keep playing the new mode.

Edited by Chisah

21 hours ago, FoxFX said:

• Forma/Forma Blueprints
  • Nitan Extracts
  • Focus Lenses

I can see DE adding Forma or Forma blueprint to the reward table, but I highly doubt Catalyst and Reactor will make it. DE is still trying to keep them one of the rarest resource in the game.

I can see DE adding Forma or Forma blueprint to the reward table, but I highly doubt Catalyst and Reactor will make it. DE is still trying to keep them one of the rarest resource in the game.

Please no... the amount of forma BPs you can get from void relics alone is staggering... im just now getting through my 150+ Forma BPs from when Void keys were a thing and you couldn't choose a reward.