The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Warframe Should I Get?

Oqor

Seeing as your new, pretty much any frame is good so it just comes down to personal preference as all the frames have different abilities and play styles. Watch a bunch of videos on different frames and try find one that suits you. I personally like frames that can output loads of damage. Some frames also vary in difficulty to obtain so use the warframe wiki on the drop location of the parts to see if you can get them :)

Rhino is often a safe bet for learning, as he has good damage and is tanky. Rhino is just a good all-around warframe. I'm sure others will get deep into their favorites and why, but Rhino is the default I send all my friends I convince to try the game, lol.

3 minutes ago, nefrai said:

Rhino is often a safe bet for learning, as he has good damage and is tanky. Rhino is just a good all-around warframe. I'm sure others will get deep into their favorites and why, but Rhino is the default I send all my friends I convince to try the game, lol.

This

It's hard for me to really give recommendations anymore though, because I just have to kind of guess at what new players deal with today. Over 5 years, so much has changed since I was new...like today, if I could have started Warframe originally with Ivara, I probably would have. But I have no idea is Ivara is actually good for a learning player or not.

4 minutes ago, nefrai said:

It's hard for me to really give recommendations anymore though, because I just have to kind of guess at what new players deal with today. Over 5 years, so much has changed since I was new...like today, if I could have started Warframe originally with Ivara, I probably would have. But I have no idea is Ivara is actually good for a learning player or not.

Ivara can't really be obtained easily for a new player as you have to have High level spy missions unlocked and grind them out and get all 3 (unless the player gets a taxi there) and also requires nitain which is a pain to get hold of

Edited by RayzorDi

Just now, RayzorDi said:

Ivara can't really be obtained easily for a new player as you have to have High level spy missions unlocked and grind them out and get all 3 (unless the player gets a taxi there) and also requires nitain which is a pain to get hold of

True, but if someone was looking to just buy a good frame to start off with and farm the others, I was trying to think what I would choose in that case to start with. I use so many frames for various reasons/tasks, it's hard to just come up with one, lol. That's why I usually get my friends a Rhino, and then find out their playstyle from there.

Well, if you mean to purchase....I would hold off on that. Plat at early stages is better spent on Slots for frames and weapons.

As for farming, Oberon is one of the easiest (From any Exilus enemy...the "mini-bosses" that have a glow to them. Random spawn in any mission), and he's a good all around frame.

Though if you have the means that your budget isn't a problem and you have the cash to spend, then I would suggest looking over the frame drops and taking one of the harder ones to gain (Like Saryn or Mesa, imo were some of the most time consuming to gain). I would avoid ones that are obtained as part of the quests (for buying, not for doing the quests).

Think the most important thing is to think about how you genrally like to play in games and try to find a warframe that would match that style. Thinking of common playstyles and frames I've used I got this.

Simple and does the basics well: Excalibur and Rhino both work well for this. Nothing really fancy but they are good at the fundementasls.

Stealth, you want to pick your fights, overwhelm the enemy before retreating to repeat the process: Loki gets solid invisibility he's great for this.

Complex, lots of skill interactions, really locksdown and dominates if played well: Limbo, Vauban.

Surport, you want to mkae others better at what they do: Oberon, he brings healing and status immunity.

All of them (bar Loki I think) can be got early for free too if that is useful to you.

7 hours ago, Oqor said:

I'm pretty new to Warframe and I want a fun frame. Which frame is the most fun to play? Any suggestions on who to get and tell me why i should get em

Rhino- good for starters. Easy to use. Powerful. Can carry through starchart.

Inaros- when used properly, he literally cant be killed and has unlimited energy as well as health. He'll get you through the entire SC before you need another frame.

Trinity- trinity is mainly good for support/healing. Shell also get you that ticket into the harder content where players specifically request for frames (trinity, etc). She may not be a damage dealer, but if you enjoy carrying the squad then she is a good option.

Zephyr- you did say you wanted a "fun" frame yes? Well take zephyr out on the plains of eidolon and you'll have a great time. Just look up and spam 1.

I think you should choose based on your usual RPG character playstyle preference:

Warrior: Excalibur, Valkyr, Atlas, Wukong

Tank: Rhino, Chroma

Rogue: Loki, Inaros, Limbo, Nezha, Vauban, Zephyr, Ash

Ranger: Ivara, Titania, Mesa

Mage: Volt, Saryn, Ember, Banshee, Equinox, Frost, Harrow, Hydroid, Mag, Mirage, Nidus, Nova, Nyx

Healer: Trinity, Oberon

Summoner: Nekros, Khora

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

It can be really overwhelming in the beginning, especially when you're looking at the list of frames in the wiki/Warframe page. Asking in the forums like that is also not going to be helpful, because you'll hear tons of suggestions, as you see above, and the list won't be much shorter than the one on the wiki. That's because each frame is interesting and has something unique to offer. It's different than other RPG-like games, where you tend to stick to a particular class - here the classes aren't really defined, and many frames combine different aspects and are self-sufficient. My advice would be to pick one Warframe, learn to master it and survive in any situation, then repeat with another one. And another one. And another. It's fun!

You'll get more concrete and fitting recommendations if you tell us how far are you in the starchart and what general playstyle you prefer in other, similar games.