Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the most versatile melee,secondary and primary weapon class

Vo0dOoJaZzOfFiRe

Question

Yo.

I would like to know what is the most versatile weapon out there? it has to be something that can handle above average levels on any of the 3 factions. Or have the most damage types on it's original state, for example " 33 slash 33 puncture 33 slash" or "66 heat 33 puncture" and after you find the weapon with the most damage types out of it's default values without mods, you can add mods to it, maybe getting every single damage type in the game in one weapon, (don't count on it) unless you count on the special effects of special slam attacks in which some disperse fire damage, some that disperse electric damage, ext... or a special syndicate weapon that has a special property for the versatility of the subject.

If you are confused please don't hesitate to comment about what you do not understand, i don't think i have explained it very well anyway i think, so if you ask a question of the thing you don't understand, i will try to explain it to you in detail and edit my question with less confusion out of your questions, Thank you. Comment away!

Edited by Vo0dOoJaZzOfFiRe

15 answers to this question

Don't get caught up in the popular opinion. A lot of people sheep other's opinions and call it facts. Every damage type and weapon has its use and will make it all the way to level cap, but only when used in conjunction with synergy and combinations can you really make it there.

Play the game, look for what works best for you at the moment and capitalize on it. If you notice radiation procs on weapons are keeping you alive, use it on a weapon. You notice your kills faster with corrosive, use that too. You got 3 weapons at your disposal (unless you in a sortie with a specific requirement).

My question, what style and damage hanger you noticed works best for you?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)squishystar10 said:

So you want a tigris? an Atterax? A Synoid Gammacor? your wording was a bit unclear but these seem like the type of weapons for "Above average content"

yes well, as im trying to say, i want to have damage types that are almost equal to each other, il give you an example of one weapon with all 3 damage types with almost equal damage value altogether, the "Daikyu", it has damage values that are almost equally the same with the "slash, puncture and impact", does having those 3 damage types balanced together make it the best for versatility or am i wrong?

Edited by Vo0dOoJaZzOfFiRe

If you want to use a weapon in 'Above average content' having equal damage types doesn't matter at all.

Look at the Tigris Prime, this is a weapon you can take to sortie 3 with a 0 Forma build and it one shots everything

Look at the Daikyu, something you said has fairly equal damage types. This weapon with a 6 forma Rivened build takes multiple shots and multiple seconds to kill.

Even on Lua sentients and the shadow stalker, pumping out more damage is infinitely more useful than having low equal damage.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)squishystar10 said:

If you want to use a weapon in 'Above average content' having equal damage types doesn't matter at all.

Look at the Tigris Prime, this is a weapon you can take to sortie 3 with a 0 Forma build and it one shots everything

Look at the Daikyu, something you said has fairly equal damage types. This weapon with a 6 forma Rivened build takes multiple shots and multiple seconds to kill.

Even on Lua sentients and the shadow stalker, pumping out more damage is infinitely more useful than having low equal damage.

i see okay, so more damage? more damage then

12 minutes ago, Vo0dOoJaZzOfFiRe said:

so how does something become versatile? 

A Slash-heavy Status (and optimally also Crit) weapon modded for Viral works against pretty much anything,
Corrosive is a good all-round element so anything modded for that should at least do ~well enough,
high-Status Gas can also work quite well in a lot of content, ...

Really, unless it's Slash on a Status weapon, or something purely (non-Blast) elemental,
I mostly ignore base damage and just use whatever I feel like, modded to suit the Faction(s) I'm facing.

Switching elements / entire loadouts to fit the next mission is easily done via Loadout slots,
you can even switch right there in Navigation.

Edited by NinjaZeku

The grakata, prisma grakata and twin grakatas have fairly even physical damage repartition. Can't remember a similar melee example, sorry.

If you want to have more than 2 elements (example, corrosive+viral+heat) you should use a weapon which has inate combined element (corrosive, viral, blast, radiation, magnetic, and gas but far as i know, there's none with inate gas damage).

Exemples: arca plasmor, detron, "dark" melee series (radiation), phage, hema, "plague" zaw strikes (viral), tysis, scourge, cautacyst (corrosive), simulor, gammacor, (magnetic), ogris, angstrum, redeemer charge shot (blast)... For an almost complete list, take a look there and check icons in the damage column: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Comparison

Edited by Robolaser

2 hours ago, Vo0dOoJaZzOfFiRe said:

i see okay, so more damage? more damage then

Don't let the issue with forma needed on the Daikyu deter you from it's abilities.  The forma is only needed because to fit mods in because it doesn't natively have any polarities like some other weapons to help it out.  

As for versatility of the Daikyu and similar equally weighted damage weapons, they are somewhat equally effective against all factions at once.  I say this because I have taken a 0 ranked Daikyu to sorties multiple times to rank up while forma'ing and had no problems oneshoting enemies.  

The Daikyu is somewhat a special case due to it having both high status chance and innately high punchthru as well as fairly high base damage stats in all three IPS types.  

As for the most versatile melee, that would probably be the Orvius.  Just due to its ability to be used as a ranged thrown weapon and it's charged throw special.  

As NinjaZeku said, high status gas is surprisingly very effective against all factions.  I know this one to be true because it's my default elemental combo because I'm too lazy to constantly switch out combos.  :smile:

immo....

Lesion = Melee (polearm or staff) 

Akstello Prime = Secondary (really good all around status weapon)

Tiberon Prime = Primary (literally free choice between semi/burst/auto)

i prefer Tonbo to lesion but i have a riven. Tiberon is high MR and holds that well. its pretty versitile in its ability to swap from quick dispatch of weaker targets to concentrated single targets.

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose

On 2018-05-04 at 4:04 PM, DatDarkOne said:

As NinjaZeku said, high status gas is surprisingly very effective against all factions.  I know this one to be true because it's my default elemental combo because I'm too lazy to constantly switch out combos.  :smile:

Saying something is effective against all factions is pointless, all that matters is that it's effective against Grineer because they're objectively the toughest class in the game, with Corpus and the Infested being so irrelevant they'll never matter.

3 hours ago, (PS4)squishystar10 said:

Saying something is effective against all factions is pointless, all that matters is that it's effective against Grineer because they're objectively the toughest class in the game, with Corpus and the Infested being so irrelevant they'll never matter.

While I'm not disagreeing, how is your statement really any different than what I said? :clem: 

Versatile?

Primary: Use several; Tigris Prime (endgame mobs), Soma Prime (vs Hoards), Baza (infiltrations), Ignis Wraith (pairs with Frost) , Dread (Sniping)  - Anybody trying to use only one primary weapon is just proving themselves wrong. IF, however, I HAD to pick only one for versatility, it would be the Soma Prime.

Secondary: AKStilleto Prime - slap a Supress mod on them and use them always as a strong secondary you can stealth with.

Melee:  I will go with Orthos Prime or similar (like Cassowar) - a good choppy polearm with reach and speed - unless your need a dagger for Covert Lethality, in which case any dagger will do.