Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Tenno have never done even a single truly peaceful thing.

Space0ddity

On 2018-05-16 at 8:44 AM, Firetempest said:

SoftVigorousBlackandtancoonhound-size_re

Rockhounding is a legitimate hobby.

How on earth does the laser stay that precise?

When i use the mining laser it looks like it was traced by a short sighted Neanderthal waking from a full frontal lobotomy.

Is it only mouse users that can be that stable and precise, as on the pad the line seems to jitter and rumble making it very difficult?

OP, I love your interesting attempt at creating this talking point.

I am too early in my knowlege of the lore to properly converse on the subject.

However, the best thing I got from this thread is the reminder that people as a whole have terrible reading comprehension in 2018.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)RhinoCharging00 said:

How on earth does the laser stay that precise?

When i use the mining laser it looks like it was traced by a short sighted Neanderthal waking from a full frontal lobotomy.

Is it only mouse users that can be that stable and precise, as on the pad the line seems to jitter and rumble making it very difficult?

Do you have the final mining laser? The first two like to wobble a bit. But yeah, a mouse with a lower dpi setting helps smooth it out too.

Look this is my philosophy when it comes to my actions in warframe. The Tenno aren't peacemakers, we are the blades and shields of the people. We defend and fight for them, but it is up to the people of the system to make the peace they want, all we do is make their dreams come closer to reality by removing the obstacles and threats to the peace.

If the people of the system want peace they have to build it themselves while we fight for them to keep it.

Edited by (PS4)zeratul____12

What do you expect? Lotus was the only semblance of an organized leader the Tenno force had, and she didn't even seem like she had an endgoal. When she left, the Tenno literally have no leader. Ordis is just a mission kiosk. We're a mercenary force battling "enemies" without purpose or endgoal. 

To be honest, the Tenno share many similarities with the structure and methods of the modern day Taliban or Isis cells, performing many small targeted terrorist missions against those who technically have more of a claim on sovereignty than we do.

Edited by AlMcFly

3 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

What do you expect? Lotus was the only semblance of an organized leader the Tenno force had, and she didn't even seem like she had an endgoal. When she left, the Tenno literally have no leader. Ordis is just a mission kiosk. We're a mercenary force battling "enemies" without purpose or endgoal. 

To be honest, the Tenno share many similarities with the structure and methods of the modern day Taliban or Isis cells, performing many small targeted terrorist missions against those who technically have more of a claim on sovereignty than we do.

Well wouldn't put it like that. While yes we pretty much butcher the enemies it's nothing remotely close to taliban who aim to kill as much innocent people.

The Tenno are more like an elite force that's like an one-man army so to say. The Grineer are a xenophobic empire with a goal to exterminate anything that isn't grineer( they are far more similar to taliban in such a manner along the methods they use such as attempting to destroy ecosystems and using expendable forces to advance their goals)

Corpus are drive by profit, they hold it in a much more religious manner where profit is above anything else. They don't care about rights and lives of individuals as long as they can profit from it.Even trading with enemies. So pretty much an extreme form of capitalism mixed with how some religions are in regard to rights of people.

The Tenno aren't an big army that could go on to a full scale war with either of the factions so they attack priority targets in attempts to weaken the enemies or pit them one against the other in attempts to balance things out so that one isn't more powerful than the other. But they do this in order to try and protect innocent in the solar system from either of the factions.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Well wouldn't put it like that. While yes we pretty much butcher the enemies it's nothing remotely close to taliban who aim to kill as much innocent people.

Just like Luke blowing up the Death Star right?  No innocent civilian contractors present in that entire battle station, only "evil" Storm Troopers.  Except, you know, we've learned through the new Trilogy that some Storm Troopers feel guilty and want to rebel against the Empire.  Of the millions of Storm Troopers throughout the Empire, are we supposed to believe that Finn was the ONLY one who malfunctioned and disobeyed his orders?  Nah, it's more likely that Finn is one of the few success stories, and most failed.  

I use this analogy to show, we ONLY see the "evil" Grineer or Corpus soldiers in our missions to destroy entire space cruisers through sabotage or Extermination.  Are we to believe that those cruisers and bases are 100% ONLY operated by military personnel?  Are we to believe that 0% of that military personnel wants to rebel?  We already know through Steel Meridian lore that lots of Grineer don't agree with Grineer high command.  It stands to reason lots of those Grineer we slaughter are people who don't want to fight, but cannot escape.  

You are lumping an entire group together as if each individual person in that group all have the exact same motives, desires, and lust for power or greed.  Just like you are assuming all Tenno are exactly the same, with the same altruistic values, and same desires.  

^This right here, is how you create Xenophobia.  By imagining an entire group as "evil" or "greedy", you are dehumanizing every individual of that group in favor of an negative ideal you can fight against, to justify your mass slaughter.  

P.S. Using the very word "extermination" for our missions associates our enemies as "vermin", because you only exterminate vermin.  You don't exterminate people.  That's genocide.  Take a guess which military force used "extermination" rhetoric in modern military history to justify their atrocities.  I'll give you a hint:  Four letter word, starts with "N", and rhymes with Yahtzee.  

Edited by AlMcFly

29 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

Just like Luke blowing up the Death Star right?  No innocent civilian contractors present in that entire battle station, only "evil" Storm Troopers.  Except, you know, we've learned through the new Trilogy that some Storm Troopers feel guilty and want to rebel against the Empire.  Of the millions of Storm Troopers throughout the Empire, are we supposed to believe that Finn was the ONLY one who malfunctioned and disobeyed his orders?  Nah, it's more likely that Finn is one of the few success stories, and most failed.  

I use this analogy to show, we ONLY see the "evil" Grineer or Corpus soldiers in our missions to destroy entire space cruisers through sabotage or Extermination.  Are we to believe that those cruisers and bases are 100% ONLY operated by military personnel?  Are we to believe that 0% of that military personnel wants to rebel?  We already know through Steel Meridian lore that lots of Grineer don't agree with Grineer high command.  It stands to reason lots of those Grineer we slaughter are people who don't want to fight, but cannot escape.  

You are lumping an entire group together as if each individual person in that group all have the exact same motives, desires, and lust for power or greed.  Just like you are assuming all Tenno are exactly the same, with the same altruistic values, and same desires.  

^This right here, is how you create Xenophobia.  By imagining an entire group as "evil" or "greedy", you are dehumanizing every individual of that group in favor of an negative ideal you can fight against, to justify your mass slaughter.  

P.S. Using the very word "extermination" for our missions associates our enemies as "vermin", because you only exterminate vermin.  You don't exterminate people.  That's genocide.  Take a guess which military force used "extermination" rhetoric in modern military history to justify their atrocities.  I'll give you a hint:  Four letter word, starts with "N", and rhymes with Yahtzee.  

We are Space Ninjas.

Ninjas are not 'good people'.

Really no way in my mind to cast what Tenno do as 'good'.

Some of the violence might be done in the spirit of creating more 'good' in the world, but violence is still violence.

At best, the Tenno are like anti-bacterial medicine, sometimes effective but potentially causing more harm over time than good. 

Saying the Tenno bring balance through destruction also sounds like Zorg Industries trying to convince me they blew up a city so someone would buy more repair robots.

8 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

Saying the Tenno bring balance through destruction also sounds like Zorg Industries trying to convince me they blew up a city so someone would buy more repair robots.

Upvote for Fifth Element reference.  

I never realized sliding in circles around my liset as Nezha. Or dancing in the helmnith room, or when I think no one is looking and staring at Saryn Primes.

big

bountiful 

shoulders,

were acts of violence.

Edited by TermiteFrame

1 hour ago, AlMcFly said:

You are overthinking this a bit too much. Yes there is there are those with intent to rebel and switch sides and we help them when we can as we have seen ingame.

Grineer are clones that are cloned with such behavior to match the parameters to commit such crimes but due the degeneration it isn't always the case.

Corpus are the lesser evil of the 2 but still doesn't mean that they are any good. While yeah they are different individuals with different views on things they mainly show it through their action and affiliation such as Darvo and the Perin Sequence who oppose to the ways of the corpus to exploit and value profit above anything else.(Also I do believe the Corpus clone their crewman aswell but it a perfect manner compared to grineer based on some info we have but will have to look it up again to verify that)

We can't either put all Tenno's as such , they obviously are different, but from a story perspective we haven't met any tenno to reflect on that either.

The whole thing is a grey area, it isn't exactly pure good or pure evil. But hey this is a game.

51 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

The whole thing is a grey area, it isn't exactly pure good or pure evil. But hey this is a game.

Most all of life is grey, this is very true.

Killing sentients is, in pretty much all space-time-continuums, real or imagined, Evil.

Killing is literally what Tenno exist to do.

Individual Tenno enjoying it or not, I cannot see much grey there.

Tenno kill as a way of life. Not much room for grey areas on that one, IMO. 🙂 

39 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

Most all of life is grey, this is very true.

Killing sentients is, in pretty much all space-time-continuums, real or imagined, Evil.

Killing is literally what Tenno exist to do.

Individual Tenno enjoying it or not, I cannot see much grey there.

Tenno kill as a way of life. Not much room for grey areas on that one, IMO. 🙂 

So what do you expect them to do? To invite over the Grineer and Corpus for some tea and ask them to stop commiting genocide and exploiting innocent people while hoping that they don't blast us into oblivion? May aswell rename the game to Peaceframe.

Sadly as in life sometimes to only option is to kill if it means to save lives. It may not be a pure good thing but it certainly isn't a pure evil either. So yeah Tenno easily fall in the grey area, no idea how you can't see that. If anything they are the most positive faction out of all aside of the Steel Meridian syndicate.

I'm a pacifist myself IRL and I'm all against killing but I do understand that sometimes it is unavoidable and the only option left. Like with terrorists for example, a good terrorist is a dead one.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

So what do you expect them to do? To invite over the Grineer and Corpus for some tea and ask them to stop commiting genocide and exploiting innocent people while hoping that they don't blast us into oblivion? May aswell rename the game to Peaceframe.

Sadly as in life sometimes to only option is to kill if it means to save lives. It may not be a pure good thing but it certainly isn't a pure evil either. So yeah Tenno easily fall in the grey area, no idea how you can't see that. If anything they are the most positive faction out of all aside of the Steel Meridian syndicate.

I'm a pacifist myself IRL and I'm all against killing but I do understand that sometimes it is unavoidable and the only option left. Like with terrorists for example, a good terrorist is a dead one.

Why do you think I am asking anyone to do anything?

I am stating my view of the facts.

How on earth does that translate to anyone _doing_ anything at my behest?

I guess it's more like we're the barrier between peace and war. If we weren't here cetus, fortuna (soon to be), or any other groups of humans would all die due to the other factions. Cetus has plenty of bounties for us, and fortuna (won't spoil) needs us too or else their leader would get them.

For example cetus with the ghouls or the plague star would simply be squashed. There is a bounty to stop, in cetus, the grineer from sending information on how to attack their orokin tower. If we weren't there to accept the bounty they would be able to send this information to their high-ups easily.

This is just my opinion though xD

We have to fight for peace or else everything is lost.. in this far off future xD don't know fully about our past though

2 hours ago, Zimzala said:

Why do you think I am asking anyone to do anything?

I am stating my view of the facts.

How on earth does that translate to anyone _doing_ anything at my behest?

Well you did add in on the conversation so continued on with it. While everyone has their own views of things that doesn't mean they all are accurate. Just saying.

On 2018-05-16 at 2:52 AM, EndermanBeast said:

How tf(2) do you make peace with Mesa? She can kill hordes of enemies with a click of a button.

She puts them at peace by laying them to rest in a grave. Death isn't always a punishment, but a release. Now they no longer have to worry about the stresses of the universe. The ills of life. Death has freed them and given them ever lasting peace.

When I just started playing, I was asking myself why I'm killing everyone and their dogs and if the Tenno are indeed just terrorists and bandits murdering their way across the solar system.

It is only when I got to Cetus then I started to learn that there are peaceful humans just trying to live the day to day and we are actively defending them.

So it turns out that we are indeed the good guys, protecting Konzu's constitutional right to an early lunch. Thank God.