Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 22.20.0] Virtual Cursor Feedback MEGATHREAD - Share Videos Where Possible!

aidan890

Everything said on switching to pc mouse sux. Please give us console use again.  Please switch it back,  or give option to switch between old and this bs pc style cursor.  Only benefits pc users.  Try to change characters on navigation and no info posted on what that load out is.  Please switch back or refund money spent in game.  Not wanting to play with this pc version of the game.  It sucks. 

20 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

That settles it: Update 22.20.0: The Virtual Curse is now the official name for this update and its hotfixes. 😄

They Sacrificed the UI to The Curse and hit our orbiters with the worst kind of Plague you could imagine 😬 Maybe they add a new quest or an event where we have to fight against The Curse in order to exterminate it from our orbiter? Imagine flying inside the orbiter with Titania and trying to kill The flying Curse which is vandalizing the UI 😁

BTW I was wrong. The shoulder buttons does work on Arsenal sometimes. Yesterday couple times I was able to switch between configs without using The Curse. But the triangle hotkey was missing. Maybe Clem stole it?

18 hours ago, (XB1)NRFP Gladhe8her said:

Only benefits pc users.

Oi, watch where you're aiming that comment.

We've been throughout this thread saying that it stinks since they dropped it on us. DE then refused to listen and dropped it on you. PC users, including KB/M players like myself, aren't getting any better; our keyboard shortcuts were also disabled, and haven't been turned back on. Sure, the game hasn't been utterly ruined for us, as this is the kind of control scheme we're used to in the first place (ergo not much changed), but do trust me; we've gotten no benefit out of this either.

Now if you'd kindly point your accusations at the ones deserving of it? Hmm?
DE! Fix your game! You have a big update dropping literally right now, and a lot of us aren't going to be playing it until the UI/X is patched.

So already found a new problem, since the thing still uses the cursor, trying to open the upgrade menu on a melee weapon using the shortuct button brings you do the secondary weapon upgrade menu, because the cursor has to physically travel to the middle of the screen, it moves over to the secondary wepaona dn completely ignores the melee weapon. Just get rid of the cursor altogether please.

hace 1 minuto, HeadOfNights dijo:

So already found a new problem, since the thing still uses the cursor, trying to open the upgrade menu on a melee weapon using the shortuct button brings you do the secondary weapon upgrade menu, because the cursor has to physically travel to the middle of the screen, it moves over to the secondary wepaona dn completely ignores the melee weapon. Just get rid of the cursor altogether please. 

716c6c4b0e17623be23a2fffd6142020.gif

D-pad navigation needs work.

Trying to d-pad off the edge of a long list of things (mods in Upgrading and Modding, items in Inventory) doesn't scroll the list like the d-pad did before.

I'm not actually sure how to scroll those things with my controller. I may have to scrap my Steam Controller customizations and restart fresh with a vanilla setup. I'm 46 revisions into that setup, so scrapping it is a little depressing.

The controller went nearly completely unresponsive for me in the Arsenal. I could open chat, but I couldn't get to the Main menu or leave the Arsenal. I had to kill the process to leave. Sorry, it came as a surprise, and I wasn't really paying attention to what I did.

Arsenal's currently locked up at "Please Wait..." while I'm trying to exit. It's been that way for several minutes. Looks like I'm gonna have to kill the game a second time tonight.

D-pad navigation moves in strange directions. Left from the sort menu in Inventory moves southwest, not west. Left from the first relic in Void Relic Refinement skips over the sorting menu on its way to Invite. Up from the same relic stops on Invite. Left from the middle of the screen in the Main Menu sometimes doesn't go to the menu... and when it does, not to the item immediately left of the cursor. Looks like it's aiming for the center of the menu?

Scrolling a Focus tree moves the tree but the virtual mouse cursor doesn't move with it. So if the cursor's on a Focus ability (so I can read the hover text) but it's the bottom ability and I need to scroll the tree up to read all the text... the node moves out from under the cursor, and the hover text goes away.

There doesn't seem to be a controllery way to adjust the sliders in the Options menu. I have to use the virtual mouse cursor. Real mouse doesn't seem to work when the v-mouse has been active.

D-pad up from "Clan" in the Communications menu skips "Friends" above it and jumps to the invite menu at the top of the screen.

D-pad through the Matchmaking menu goes very fast. There's no delay after the first jump. It's like it's in v-cursor instead of d-pad mode in there.

Edited by oolgorboid
Added note about d-pad through the Matchmaking menu.

In the Arsenal Equip submenu, the sort pulldown doesn't stay open. It closes when I let go of the "Y" button.

To change sort mode, I can v-cursor and press "A" on a new option while simultaneously holding "Y". But then the menu stays open by default, and holding "Y" closes it for the duration.

Steam Controller "Select" in-game action is not recognized by the Matchmaking menu. Seems to work fine everywhere else I've tried pressing "A" (which is what's bound to "Select").

D-pad down from the matchmaking icon moves to Friends Only. D-pad up from Friends Only moves to the invite icon ("+") and closes the matchmaking menu. (This is in the Main menu. There's no "+" icon in the navigation menu.)

Using the v-mouse to highlight "Public" and either clicking on it with the mouse or selecting it with the Enter key doesn't work. Any KBM usage closes the matchmaking menu without selecting a new option. The transition between controller and KBM modes is far from seamless.

Edited by oolgorboid
Tighten up after discovering the Steam Controller issue.

First I understand all the work that goes into this game, programming and all that jazz. If its not being said enough we really do appreciate EVERYTHING you do given the history of how DE came to be. Sincerely, I DO mean that no if, ands, or buts about it. Change is hard and admittedly it also brings forth advancement in many shapes and forms. However, when change doesn't bring progress it must either fallback or change again. This is one of those times where you may want to take a step back and listen to the masses on this one and change yourselves. We the players DO NOT like the change to the controller set up that you've implemented within Warframe. Specifically, the key binds and having selected powers bring up a separate menu to then select your abilities is slow and clunky at best. What was so wrong with the way gamers playing with controllers was THAT bad it needed changing. You have 2 aspects of players ones that strictly use keyboard and mouse and those that use controller. Again there weren't nearly as many threads about controllers before these changes where made. So tell me/us (because I seriously want to know) why did you do it? If I weren't so reluctant I would put down my personal email for a reply. I'm not sure how it is for the rest of the players that feel this way but I'll just simply state that my Warframe hours of game play has taken a dip the last month. Members in my clan have quit or stopped logging in. My last hope was shattered after logging in today play the newest quest only to rediscover the issue remains. So, after playing this game for 4 years and waiting for 2 for Umbra...well can't suffer though playing the quest with the way the game is now.

6/17/2018

So since no more bug fixes have rolled out to console and I want to actually help fix this crap fest I went through entire menu to test things...

• Navigation - has no D-pad support to go up or down the list of missions in a catagory
  • Equipment-Arsenal - You cant spin your warframe when you are picking colors or changing palettes.  Up/Down on right stick? is used to scroll through palettes.   Left/Right isnt used for anything??
  • Equipment-Void Refinement - No relic previews on mouse over!!!!  (a big deal and something that got fixed asap for void fissures..)
  • Equipment-Landing Craft - Cant spin your ship in any way shape or form.  
  • Operator - On the new first screen the D-pad is broken as there are fake node points the D-pad will navigate to. I think the focus school screen with the 5 dots is also broken and has extra node points.
  • Operator - Equipment - Amp slection - No previews of your Amps on mouse overs!
  • Operator - Appearence - When messing with your Operators face the Operator looks at the cursor which tilts their head/eyes up and to the left towards the menu most of the time.  They are also constantly and repeatedly doing idle animations and fidgeting like they have ADHD making it hard to work on them.
  • Chat - The confirmation button that you use to click on links or names will just randomly NOT work.   Just about everytime after you click a linked object but not just for that.   Trading is pretty brutal right now.   You see a nice trade you could make but you cant click the guys name so someobody else takes it.
  • In your clan management screens there is no longer a way to view permission descriptions......

Clean up that stuff ASAP and We will STILL hate the cursor but atleast the game will be playable.  

(I actually think you improved chat if we didnt lose function constantly.  Now when I see someone I want to respond to I dont have to hunt for their name.   You can just click on their name in the chat window.  Thats awesome.    I really hope and wish that you guys would allow us to stretch and drag the chat box however we want.   I want mine alot wider so every message is single line/double lines so its even more easy to read.)

Edited by (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN

16 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

6/17/2018

So since no more bug fixes have rolled out to console and I want to actually help fix this crap fest I went through entire menu to test things...

• Navigation - has no D-pad support to go up or down the list of missions in a catagory
  • Equipment-Arsenal - You cant spin your warframe when you are picking colors or changing palettes.  Up/Down on right stick? is used to scroll through palettes.   Left/Right isnt used for anything??
  • Equipment-Void Refinement - No relic previews on mouse over!!!!  (a big deal and something that got fixed asap for void fissures..)
  • Equipment-Landing Craft - Cant spin your ship in any way shape or form.  
  • Operator - On the new first screen the D-pad is broken as there are fake node points the D-pad will navigate to. I think the focus school screen with the 5 dots is also broken and has extra node points.
  • Operator - Equipment - Amp slection - No previews of your Amps on mouse overs!
  • Operator - Appearence - When messing with your Operators face the Operator looks at the cursor which tilts their head/eyes up and to the left towards the menu most of the time.  They are also constantly and repeatedly doing idle animations and fidgeting like they have ADHD making it hard to work on them.
  • Chat - The confirmation button that you use to click on links or names will just randomly NOT work.   Just about everytime after you click a linked object but not just for that.   Trading is pretty brutal right now.   You see a nice trade you could make but you cant click the guys name so someobody else takes it.
  • In your clan management screens there is no longer a way to view permission descriptions......

Clean up that stuff ASAP and We will STILL hate the cursor but atleast the game will be playable.  

(I actually think you improved chat if we didnt lose function constantly.  Now when I see someone I want to respond to I dont have to hunt for their name.   You can just click on their name in the chat window.  Thats awesome.    I really hope and wish that you guys would allow us to stretch and drag the chat box however we want.   I want mine alot wider so every message is single line/double lines so its even more easy to read.)

Extremely helpful list.

I would also add: Please make the cursor SMALLER (or, better yet, REMOVE it for console use, since--as you WELL know--we don't WANT or NEED it).

DE, please. For the love, just please FIX these things. The majority of things outside of missions is excruciating to the point of limiting a lot of players' desire to play.

On 2018-06-17 at 10:44 PM, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

6/17/2018

And there's the problem. Click one time on someones name or a linkable item and it doesn't work anymore. If that would work, it would be the ONLY good thing about The Curse. But atm it just makes things a million times harder as it become so hard to chat with any1 and try to close the chat tabs. DE just destroyed the game and it seems they let it rust in peace

As a console player primarily this UI cursor is straight up useless trash... I am not going to sugar coat anything when I say this. The cursor system in play is clunky, unneeded, borderline unreliable and just a waste of data. The cursor is, as stated, is clunky and does not constitute as anything useful. For PC and console, we were better off with the old controller UI we had before this cursor was introduced because it was easier to move around through different menus versus having to constantly depend on the positioning of that damn cursor of which tends to be very unresponsive. One odd glitch/bug I've already seen is when upgrading weapons with mods is that the cursor refuses to let go of mods that are being selected, opting me to have to back out of one menu in order to make another attempt. It's tedious and asinine with how much this occurs. And again I reiterate that depending on where that cursor is becomes a chore and a problem all on its own because if its not in the right place, god forbid we select something we didn't want to all because that cursor goes off wherever on it's own sometimes. We were better with the old controller UI system before this and it's best if this NOT be updated, but completely removed from both console and PC controller set ups and that the old system was brought back in full.

Speaking as a console player, PLEASE Digital Extremes... DON'T TRY TO FORCE THE CONSOLE UI TO ACT LIKE THE PC UI. IT NEVER WORKS AND MAKES FOR A CLUNKY DISPLAY. 

Here is a video my broken arsenal UI. The only fix we have found for it is to close app and restart the game.

The UI gets stuck for unknown reasons, you cannot select other Configs and loading another mission or going in and out of the arsenal doesn't work either.

When trying to press R1 it just slides the mods over

When trying to select a Config with the cursor, it jumps above or below it, not allowing it to be selected. (I remember an old computer virus that did this before lol)

1 time I spammed the X button and got it to change after about 30 seconds to another config, but it took a lot to get it to work. This post is for information purposes.

Edited by (PS4)bauer5266
Added more description of the glitch.

PC player with  x-box one controller.

Latest updates for me greatly improved with D-pad movement. Arsenal shortcuts are back, bumpers haven't bugged-out - so usability-wise it's almost like before.

Had a few issues with Leave Squad/Public settings, but found the fix in forum (under Steam controller configs, use Legacy buttons instead of In-game). Discovered had to do this too for Left Stick click in Arsenal to access Archwing arsenal.

Also now using D-pad for Leave Squad/Public Settings land perfectly on each selection. Thanks for the fix.

*Edit to add* Kb/m + controller seems more seamless now. Best thing is now I can play without using Steam Big Picture. Which means I can now type chat without Big Picture's onscreen keyboard overlay. Also, because of this, I just now know how to use @ to quickly respond to chat. This is the biggest win for me.

Previously, in Navigation star chart, we could press Y to directly set Public/Solo. Is this feature now removed, or is it just me and need to play with settings further?

Cheers

Edited by vlh05
Adding Steam overlay thing

On 2018-06-21 at 7:17 AM, (PS4)bauer5266 said:

Here is a video my broken arsenal UI. The only fix we have found for it is to close app and restart the game.

The UI gets stuck for unknown reasons, you cannot select other Configs and loading another mission or going in and out of the arsenal doesn't work either.

When trying to press R1 it just slides the mods over

When trying to select a Config with the cursor, it jumps above or below it, not allowing it to be selected. (I remember an old computer virus that did this before lol)

1 time I spammed the X button and got it to change after about 30 seconds to another config, but it took a lot to get it to work. This post is for information purposes.

You still having this problem because I went in-game and tried after seeing your post (ps4 also) and I had no problems switching between loatouts for weapons or frames using the bumpers and I could also click on the loadout names with the cursor...   

Day 18 sigh............................

Pro Tip for helping to work around Chat bugs and not being able to click on crap........... Push in on Left Stick while in chat to bring up the linkable item list and then just close it and everything should work again.   Super simple.

If that does not work for you my previous solution was to goto my arsenal click on your warframe or weapon and hit upgrade and then exit out and that would fix chat   Doing either of those things should let you click on stuff and use click-menu again.  L3 is the best and easiest method though.   

On 2018-06-18 at 5:19 AM, LostAlbatross said:

Please make it an option to toggle off WASD moving the cursor.

For the love of god this. I can't stand it now that the WASD movement keys start moving my mouse in the menus. It's my mouse cursor, I want to control it with my mouse only. Not have it behave like I have a controller plugged in (because i don't). It's honestly getting highly frustrating.

Same goes for automatically moving the mouse cursor to the amount when selling multiple items and then hiding it. Don't move my mouse for me. I don't need the help. These changes are fine for someone using a controller, but why are they affecting the K&M users in such an awful way?

Hijacking player controls like this is highly intuitive and disruptive.

If I have one big ask and suggestion to make, please completely separate the controller and k&m UI methods, don't try to force them together like this, it will continue to be problematic and sub-optimal for those on controllers and for those on k&m.

Edited by Tennmuerti

I'm not using a gamepad. Instead, I'm using my laptop keyboard and a mouse. I know, "Blasphemy!". But I got used to it and now I have fun the way I do.

And I need a way to turn this feature off. Keyboard keeps stealing control of my cursor! If I end a mission, movement keys take over my cursor! No, thank you. I like to keep the cursor on the place I last left it. Just like leaving your cursor on a fullscreen video. Some people like to find it at the center of their screen every time they regain it. That's fine, too.

But keyboard taking control of the cursor while I'm using a mouse is NOT FINE!

Edit: reading the comments, I see I'm not the only one. Well... One more voice of support from me!

Edit2: Imagine a very slick selection box. 1 pixel wide, half-transparent. Maybe thicker on the corners. But there's already something better - a 3D animation, just like when you're hovering over mods on your weapon. That's the "selection box" for me. Anyway, mouse would always move the box to its current location. If you leave the mouse, keyboard would be able to move the box as is now intended, but the CURSOR should stay WHERE IT IS until the player moves the mouse again.

Edited by Uthael

I have a proably unique problem. I've posted earlier in this thread about my set up with the PS nav controller and mouse. The UI switches between kb/m and controller icons is a problem because if it switches to controller UI for defense or intercaption missions, extract is bound to square and battle is bound to triangle. The Nav controller does not have these buttons and I can't click the extract or battle button either so I'm forced to wait the timer out, possibly going another round when I didn't want to. I've been trying to get around this by not touching anything on the nav controller and wiggling my mouse around when the next round countdown is going to get the kb/m UI.

I really wish there was a toggle to go back to the way things were and just force the UI to stick to one or the other.

Edited by Ultra-9

My friend guilt tripped me into helping him farm kuva (Not the mission thats EZ, the suicidal thoughts you get from re-rolling a Riven)

In light of that thought Id drop in to say how much I love Kuva farming, the idea of the Vlad WF being designed to drive survival missions into the ground by mass controlling enemies ala Nyx (no kills = no life support) and.... The tide pod challenge, because Darwinism.

But none of that is as good as the controls WF has forced upon the community despite everything and everyone, or the new UI that doesnt show any meaningful information unless you "mouse" over every individual Icon... You know Mario 64 had more informative menus than that and it released in 1996 #TheMoreYouKnow.

Just a thought... that people might like to know what enemies they are spawning in the simulacrum, without hovering over 150 identical icons...

Or know the credits, ducats, plat price, name of anything your buying without needing to open a Wiki.

P.S. sorry DE im sure some of you *The Art team atleast* are doing well at your jobs, and the elephants in the room just keep making you all look bad as a whole.