Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Melee attacks will no longer sweep through walls or objects"EFFECTS ZENISTAR?

(PSN)AtomicEyekon

Probably not but I can't see it being a big deal... very rare you're actually in a situation of using Zenistar and hitting through walls anyway.  Zenistar is good for plopping around defense objective or in hallways, and that function should remain fine.  

I mean really, let's stop and be honest for a second - how often are you going to throw your Zeni disc into a pillar like that guy did?  Probably not nearly often enough to warrant even making a video like that.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

9 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Probably not but I can't see it being a big deal... very rare you're actually in a situation of using Zenistar and hitting through walls anyway.  Zenistar is good for plopping around defense objective or in hallways, and that function should remain fine.  

problem is that defence object might (out of all the things I checked I forgot to do a defence mission lol) actually act as a solid object and block the disc from working just like a wall does... I know I've been blocked by low level environment objects which I can swing a weapon over...

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

problem is that defence object might (out of all the things I checked I forgot to do a defence mission lol) actually act as a solid object and block the disc from working just like a wall does... I know I've been blocked by low level environment objects which I can swing a weapon over...

Then you place it in the most opportune location a little bit away from the defense pod so that the pod blocks as little of an area as possible and you deal with having to actually defend the pod on the small side where it isnt covered.

2 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Then place it on top... the Zenistars disc has quite a huge veritcal radius as well...  I usually put my Zenistar in the air because of that fact, it gives me more coverage overall.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

2 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Then you place it in the most opportune location a little bit away from the defense pod so that the pod blocks as little of an area as possible and you deal with having to actually defend the pod on the small side where it isnt covered.

but that isn't really how you play the zenistar is it, you plonk it on the defence target (or a choke point if it's the right map) and then go off and kill stuff while you know it's protected.  If you have to stand near it all the time then why even bother taking it in the first place.

1 minute ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Then place it on top... the Zenistars disc has quite a huge veritcal radius as well...  I usually put my Zenistar in the air because of that fact, it gives me more coverage overall.  

As I said, I haven't tested it against defence targets, but based on what I have seen elsewhere it's entirely possible that it may cause issues due to the way the 'blockage' is being generated.  I'll probably check tomorrow if I get a chance to see for certain. 

Edited by LSG501

2 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

but that isn't really how you play the zenistar is it, you plonk it on the defence target (or a choke point if it's the right map) and then go off and kill stuff while you know it's protected.  If you have to stand near it all the time then why even bother taking it in the first place.

Try adapting. Defending the defense pod is actually how you play defense missions.

Also, chokepoint. That is effectively exactly what I said to do.

4 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

You now have to learn how to play the Zenistar in a way that makes you just a little bit more aware that you are playing a defense mission.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

1 minute ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Try adapting. Defending the defense pod is actually how you play defense missions.

DId you not see the bit where I said about not even using it if I have to stand near the defence target all the time....pretty sure that covers 'adapting'.

3 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

No that is giving up because you cant adapt.

Really... you're just trying too hard now to make out you're right when you clearly made the wrong assumption.

Oh and no point editing you post to try and help 'prove your point' either, it shows underneath that it's been changed and I quoted the entirety of the original post.

If I've taken a different weapon, it's called adapting to the situation by taking another weapon that is now better suited to the job than the zenistar...

Edited by LSG501

Just now, LSG501 said:

Really... you're just trying too hard now to make out you're right when you clearly made the wrong assumption.

give up

• 1 : to desist from, abandon.
  • 2 : to declare incurable or insoluble.

adapt

• 1 : make (something) suitable for a new use or purpose; modify.

assumption

• 1 : a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof.

Fairly sure completely not using something is not considered suitably using something for a new purpose, it is in fact considered giving up, and since I have proof that you don't understand what adapt or give up means, I am not making an assumption.

1 hour ago, (PS4)AtomicEyekon said:

https://youtu.be/5qs_wrgOwtE

It's easy to fix/UNbreak but the question is will they?

Lol thats funny.

IMO if Warframe powers can go through walls so should energy from the Zenistar disk. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

3 hours ago, Bondrewd_The_Novel said:

i don't mind that you cannot hit through walls but so far my experience is that dead enemies act like walls i swing the enemy 1 infront of enemy 2 dies and enemy 2 is perfectly fine thanks for adding RNG element to melee lol good thing i aint that active anymore way to ruin something

This is them just needing to make the AoE of the disk to have punchthrough to hit through enemies, just like arca plasmor or ignis. it just would behave with not attacking through walls. Im guessing other weapons that have now been showing problems could be the same issue, a lack of punchthrough for projectiles on the melee.

I don't know if the defense objective blocks the zenistar, but if it does, place the disc just above the defense capsule or a nearby choke point.. For standing capsules like in void, lua, or ODD, choose a side that will cover the most approaches.

if you place it badly, then retrieve the disc and throw again.

Edited by UncaIroh

4 hours ago, UncaIroh said:

I don't know if the defense objective blocks the zenistar, but if it does, place the disc just above the defense capsule or a nearby choke point.. For standing capsules like in void, lua, or ODD, choose a side that will cover the most approaches.

if you place it badly, then retrieve the disc and throw again.

then what about stairs?like this\
                              __o________\  _____ O________________
                                - I -                 \     
                                 / \                    \_________

shouldnt zenistar attacks through the gaps between staircases lol. by the way,dont you need a rock or something to make sure that your disc is in the right place?and it would cost you half of your covering area now,doesnt that feels like quench a thirst with poison?

15 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

Cheesy AOE makes Warframe a dumb non-game.  Let's hope they take it off frame powers as well.

Then more shotguns, no more explosive weapons, no more punchthrough (even on bows), and the list goes on. Does that sound more fun to you?
If it does... hint, hint, you may be playing a wrong game.

Just now, CrazyValkyr said:

Then more shotguns, no more explosive weapons, no more punchthrough (even on bows), and the list goes on. Does that sound more fun to you?
If it does... hint, hint, you may be playing a wrong game.

I'm not sure what your post is trying to convey, but I can say with certainty that I want Warframe to be a game in the first place.  As it is now it's dangerously close to not even being a game anymore, which is a terrible waste of the developers' hard work.  

Just now, RealPandemonium said:

I'm not sure what your post is trying to convey, but I can say with certainty that I want Warframe to be a game in the first place.  As it is now it's dangerously close to not even being a game anymore, which is a terrible waste of the developers' hard work.  

In simple words - asking of removal of AoE (so what if it's a bit cheesy...), in a game, that's basically a horde-shooter (so it's cheesy in its' own right), and where you don't focus on killing few enemies, but bazillion of them & where that's part of the appeal for a lot of us... is as silly, wanting to add some hardcore RPG features in a pure first-person-shooter. As in, wanting to change one type of the game into a completelly different game/flow - you get what I'm saying now?

12 minutes ago, CrazyValkyr said:

In simple words - asking of removal of AoE (so what if it's a bit cheesy...), in a game, that's basically a horde-shooter (so it's cheesy in its' own right), and where you don't focus on killing few enemies, but bazillion of them & where that's part of the appeal for a lot of us... is as silly, wanting to add some hardcore RPG features in a pure first-person-shooter. As in, wanting to change one type of the game into a completelly different game/flow - you get what I'm saying now?

Warframe is on the cusp of being an idle game at this point.

The fun part about fighting hordes of enemies is putting in the effort to beat the odds.  If you can kill hordes of enemies with no effort, what's the point of hordes in the first place?

7 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

Warframe is on the cusp of being an idle game at this point.

The fun part about fighting hordes of enemies is putting in the effort to beat the odds.  If you can kill hordes of enemies with no effort, what's the point of hordes in the first place?

'Effort' can be highly subjective - as what someone considers 'effort' other person does not. I've never used any of the cheesy-frames, nor cheesy ways to level stuff (old Draco, etc). I am a pure melee player, who believes that the proposed changes are simply terrible for melee'ists and the flow of the game. Is hitting through the wall something I want to keep in game? Probably not (assuming they also address issue of enemies spawning in the walls, and me having to use gun to solve that issue). But other changes done to the melee-mechanics is fixing something that's not broken & removing majority of fun for me, that I've had in Warframe. Most melee weapons do take some effort - and that's fine.

That being said, I would not go and spew vitriol about other 'frames and tactics I don't like. I don't like cheese from several frames, that's truly effortless in /my/ opinion - but I don't play them, and don't also play with players who play those. They have every right to play the game in whatever way they want and potentially even enjoy. I don't want to take fun from others, but I expect the same courtesy from others --- let me enjoy the game the way I love it. Something, I feel, as I read the forums in the last week, is simply too much to ask.

Edited by CrazyValkyr

I don't think they will fix this tbh. Because the goal of their last few update are heavily focusing on forcing us to face tank anything that coming to us at 360 degree and killing things one by one. So good luck have "fun" and feel "cool" by doing those things.