Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

tower white pigment drops

Ragingwasabi

13 hours ago, mix0ta said:

Even the black pigments that drop from vombies (that spawn in droves if you do a tridolon cap set) seem to give 0, ive done a bunch of cap sets and probably killed hundreds of vombies, 0 pigments so far.

I've done about 5 full night runs hunting Voms using Prowl and got 730 pigments and exhaustion in the span of about 5 hours. All I know is that Voms will chase the nearest lure and they spawn near the Terry. I could do a Tridolon if it wasn't for the fact that no one outside the Safari chat in the eidolon discord wants to do just 1 tridolon.

Edited by Hayabusa97

I finished collecting all the new pigments a few days ago for my solo clan, so they're definitely doable, but yes they do seem to all have arbitrarily low drop rates. I did the usual boosters + Nekros for the most part and just went to town farming. Voms I got done in two night cycles worth of Eidolon hunts. Bombards I got done in three day cycles worth of t5 bounties. Kuakas just took a few minutes, I just free roamed killing kuakas. Condrocs took three day cycles worth of dedicated farming. I also noticed that the pigment only seems to drop from the ones that spawn on the ground. I did something similar to RogueSoldier except I circled back and forth on the other side of the lake. (Http://i.imgur.com/gno6SoI.png) Lots of kuakas and dargyns spawn back there too, just FYI. The pilots I got done in a couple day cycles by killing the random spawns. Hope this helps someone. None of them felt as bad as anti violet did, but they still feel more tedious than they need to be. 

Edited by CRASHSU1T

On 2018-05-25 at 2:38 AM, Tsukinoki said:

Gods I'm not looking forward to the white pigment farm....
I thought I would be smart and start with the one that drops from Kuakkas since you need only 5, a few hours of running over the plains with a nekros killing and desecrating all I could find (and this is with a drop chance booster) and I still don't have a single drop from them.

Can anyone confirm if the Kuakka pigment drops at all?

Yes, they drop. I was lucky to get a drop (x10 pigment per pickup) from the first group I ran into this morning.

I can confirm that all pigments drop from their intended mobs except for the ones from the Bombards - and that's only because I need to wait for my Mortus Pink to finish researching before I test those out.

Also, I can back up the claim that guaranteed Condroc do not give pigment. 😞

On 2018-05-25 at 11:11 AM, mix0ta said:

Even the black pigments that drop from vombies (that spawn in droves if you do a tridolon cap set) seem to give 0, ive done a bunch of cap sets and probably killed hundreds of vombies, 0 pigments so far.

Same here.

RFgGhvT.png

This is with a resource doubler. I dunno what _XXIX_ above me did to get 1k in 13m, but there's definitely something up with both the drop chances and the amount needed. 
For clarity, this was 1h during the day with a high range/eff/dur equinox that was definitely killing condrocs before I could see them. It wasn't an issue of missing the drops, I had vac on my sentinel, it was solely an issue of the birds not spawning (and that the 100% spawn condrocs in the sky don't count, that's also a problem). I gave up and left because the sun was setting. 

i also hate the white pigment farm, i spent an hour flying around in the plains and either the grineer killed the condrocs already or i maybe found 1 or 2 groups randomly. but worst of all is the fact that i managed to get 40 in 1 day cyle and when i went back to cetus ( yes..through the exit ) the pigments were ALL gone. this just happend 2 days ago...fml 🤬

Yep. Farming white pigment.
I need 3000.
Been doing this for days with the equinox range maim build, resource chance booster and resource doubler.
Maybe 4 of the birds (of the tonnes I've killed ((when they would spawn))) dropped pigment.
Been sitting here wandering around the plains and sighing for most of the day, often questioning if the boosters are working. It's not been a very fun time.

Also, pretty sure my resource doubler only worked half of the time when going after Shard Black. Some runs Vomvalysts would give me 40 each, other times, 10 each. Felt bad.

2 hours ago, GhostSanta said:

Also, pretty sure my resource doubler only worked half of the time when going after Shard Black. Some runs Vomvalysts would give me 40 each, other times, 10 each. Felt bad.

This too. i also made a post about this. pigment farming is really driving me up the wall right now

Geez when you tought DEcan't do bigger grindwall fiasco than with Ghoul fragments they just did it here...FFS DE if you want ppl to play your content make it fun not grindy, otherwise you'll never keep players for long in this game...

On 2018-05-23 at 10:51 PM, Gregnoth said:

Another few tips:

1. Pigments drop only from random condrocs - not from the ones that appear all the time in certain locations (airborn condrocs near the coast)
  2. Using archwing helps - condrocs flash every 2-3 seconds just like every other collectible
  3. Condrocs appear only during the day. I also noticed that they seem to disappear during the evening (not sure, has to be confirmed)
  4. Seem not to appear (as often) during the rain? (Wild speculation, I'm probably wrong)
  5. Instead of using arching one can try using max range, max efficiency Equinox with some speed and energy: His/her 4 DOES inflict damage on condrocs with ticks and on 40% power strength it still kills them in 1-2 ticks (they won't even fly away)
  6. ... Equinox's 4 also works when mounted on a Dargyn. Don't tell the feds.
  7. They usually appear near cliffs / hillsides. More rarely on open grassy spaces. Even more rarely on the verge of Grineer bases. Almost never inside of Grineer bases, but I've seen this once

Hope you find those useful - I would still use unsiezer's method, probably - resetting instance and checking the area near the entrance might quicker or not, but it's surely not as annoying as running / flying across the entire plains.

In case someone from DE ends up reading this: Guys, for the love of everything that's holy - please either reduce the number of required pigments or make those pre-determined condrocs drop them. Or both! This pigment hunt is really nerve-wrecking.

well few things to this

-Condrocs flash isn't visible form archwing height, what is weird considering Ashen Kuaka is visible at thi distance

-Thye do appear at night time but are way less visible, and honestly it's hard to tell anytihng aobut their spawn rate consideirng they spawn really raley just normally but these spawn areas feel aobut right

I ran around the plain with trinity(range+duration) and castanas in order to spot and kill them as soon as they spawn but the drop chance is so low!

I got like 40 pigment(20 without booster) after killing 50 of them, i just quit and play other game.

I've just gathered enough pigments for research in a solo ghost clan. I did it by running circles around Toht lake with Equinox Maim build but with only 1 Forma on it. My impressions: It's just really boring, but otherwise inoffensive, I'm pretty sure some of the previous pigments were a lot worse; for this game it's an OK amount of grind.

20 hours ago, RockDeicide said:

I've just gathered enough pigments for research in a solo ghost clan. I did it by running circles around Toht lake with Equinox Maim build but with only 1 Forma on it. My impressions: It's just really boring, but otherwise inoffensive, I'm pretty sure some of the previous pigments were a lot worse; for this game it's an OK amount of grind.

Well yeah some of the past Pigments were worse, but it don't change fact all should act the same, fact DE keep puttign higher and higher grindwalls to keep players playing is actually bad for game cuz it easily scares off newer players who want to hve some fun time not grind themselves to death

On 2018-05-28 at 6:24 AM, Ragingwasabi said:

hows the digging?

Everything is working as intended, it seems. But I've given a slight bump to the Condroc dump. So they shouldn't be as rare for those of you still hunting. 

8 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

Everything is working as intended, it seems. But I've given a slight bump to the Condroc dump. So they shouldn't be as rare for those of you still hunting. 

Seriously ssut bring the drop chances back to 100% even by cost of lower amounts that drop, previous pigments tend to be grindy but these are just ridiculously frustrating to farm, currently trying to farm Devar Grey and it very rarely drops form the unit it supposed even with this 20% drop chance which starts looking like straingt up lied number.

I'm serious now stop puttign these grindwalls everywhere, i know you want players to play the game but jsut settign up grindwalls is frustrating thing for veterans and one of factors why new players quickly grow bored of game and abandon it.

50 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

lol... it's not April 1st is it....

With the amount needed EVERY condroc should be dropping the pigment, it should not be rng.  Making the pigment an excessively high grind is not going to make people go back to PoE, most of us will just say screw it,we don't need white.

Edited by LSG501

For me tower white is without a doubt the most annoying one so far, the one on ceres is a close second, but frankly this is tedious beyond belief, i really have 0 desire to roam around the plains looking for freaking birds for hours.

With the other ones you would at least get some value out of it outside of the pigment, but bird farming (other then wings, which....) is useless except for the pigment.

Edited by mix0ta

1 minute ago, mix0ta said:

For me tower white is without a doubt the most annoying one so far, the one on ceres is a close second, but frankly this is tedious beyond belief, i really have 0 desire to roam around the plains looking for freaking birds for hours.

p much. If anyone has morning yellow already, i'd say screw it and just use that. killing yourself in the plains for a pure white just isn't worth it imo. I have the condroc white dye and i'm still debating of even using it now.