Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

tower white pigment drops

Ragingwasabi

i just spent an hour loading, speeding over to Er-Phryah's Vigil, killing all the condrocs and aborting and repeating everything all over because none of them dropped pigments. except 1. i must have killed hundreds...

idk what drop chance u guys gave them, but remember this is wildlife that spawns in tiny numbers in the plains. its not an enemy unit that continuously spawns in massive numbers. so please. raise the drop chance to to something reasonable.

Edited by Ragingwasabi

There is always one flying around whenever you enter the plain so I just kill one, extract and reenter again. 

Did it for half an hour and didn't get any. 

I have double drop chance booster btw.. The drop chance must be very low. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but pigment drops didn't have a drop chance back when they were introduced and we all started hunting for them. The pigments didn't need that extra padding since they were already exclusive pickups that scaled with clan size.

Please correct this DE, Anti-Violet was horrible enough.

just so people know I did some testing, the tower white pigment has a 0% drop chance from the condrocs that are guaranteed to spawn(the one at the entrance, the 6 on the beach). the only way to get the pigment is from the condrocs that randomly spawn across the map. I got all the pigment in about 1 full Cetus day cycle.

5 hours ago, unsiezer said:

just so people know I did some testing, the tower white pigment has a 0% drop chance from the condrocs that are guaranteed to spawn(the one at the entrance, the 6 on the beach). the only way to get the pigment is from the condrocs that randomly spawn across the map. I got all the pigment in about 1 full Cetus day cycle.

what the actual fk. please tell me this is unintended

Our clan has been trying to get some for a while now, I personally hadn't had a single pigment drop, between the others, they've managed to gather 40 or so in a few hours. We need 300. 

This is ridiculous, and it's not even fun farming, especially if only the random spawns on the ground count. 

Please @[DE]Rebecca could you pass this along? It's driving us crazy.

just some tips in case this hasn't changed since my last post in this thread, I find if you just head through the valley to the right when you first exit cetus, and around the spawn area then reset is the fastest cycle to find the condrocs for me, also noticed they cant be detected by enemy radar, or loot detection in case people were curious.

Another few tips:

1. Pigments drop only from random condrocs - not from the ones that appear all the time in certain locations (airborn condrocs near the coast)
  2. Using archwing helps - condrocs flash every 2-3 seconds just like every other collectible
  3. Condrocs appear only during the day. I also noticed that they seem to disappear during the evening (not sure, has to be confirmed)
  4. Seem not to appear (as often) during the rain? (Wild speculation, I'm probably wrong)
  5. Instead of using arching one can try using max range, max efficiency Equinox with some speed and energy: His/her 4 DOES inflict damage on condrocs with ticks and on 40% power strength it still kills them in 1-2 ticks (they won't even fly away)
  6. ... Equinox's 4 also works when mounted on a Dargyn. Don't tell the feds.
  7. They usually appear near cliffs / hillsides. More rarely on open grassy spaces. Even more rarely on the verge of Grineer bases. Almost never inside of Grineer bases, but I've seen this once

Hope you find those useful - I would still use unsiezer's method, probably - resetting instance and checking the area near the entrance might quicker or not, but it's surely not as annoying as running / flying across the entire plains.

In case someone from DE ends up reading this: Guys, for the love of everything that's holy - please either reduce the number of required pigments or make those pre-determined condrocs drop them. Or both! This pigment hunt is really nerve-wrecking.

Edited by Gregnoth
Forgot one point.

On 2018-05-20 at 6:08 PM, Hayabusa97 said:

I haven't even tried the Tower White one because I'm working on the Shard Black (Vomvalysts) one which I'm already feeling sick of.

If you do Tridolon fights its not terrible.  I've gotten 1600 so far averaging about 100 per run with no boosters. (Best run was 300, worst was 10)

On 2018-05-20 at 2:34 AM, unsiezer said:

the tower white pigment has a 0% drop chance from the condrocs that are guaranteed to spawn(the one at the entrance, the 6 on the beach). the only way to get the pigment is from the condrocs that randomly spawn across the map.

Uhm, @[DE]Rebecca, @[DE]Megan - could you please confirm if this is intended?

This is very, very frustrating. 

Gods I'm not looking forward to the white pigment farm....
I thought I would be smart and start with the one that drops from Kuakkas since you need only 5, a few hours of running over the plains with a nekros killing and desecrating all I could find (and this is with a drop chance booster) and I still don't have a single drop from them.

Can anyone confirm if the Kuakka pigment drops at all?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

You know, not sure if this is intended. But this could taken in a different way than I believe is intended.

As in sifting through there poop.

Hey, gotta know if those Condrocs are eating appropriately! Appreciate looking into their drop tables DE Drew. I do have a picture in my mind right now of a Corpus Crewman with safari outfit on top looking through a Condroc range.

I've found that doing reverse nascar laps around the the great THOT Toht lake can guarantee some spawns for anyone still searching.

My MS paint skills show the route:
Follow that path for some pretty decent condroc spawns. The blue green spot is what your working for but i have had some extra condrocs spawn in those yellow areas.

Recommend a range+efficiency/duration built equinox with loot radar for this. bonus points for having arcane energize so you don't have to stop for energy ever.
https://imgur.com/a/BlpY2dc

From what I have collected; condrocs don't spawn in the heart of night (ie 30 mins of night left) but can show up early in the night or around the brink of dawn. Stick to the coastline on the top half, the trick is to break line-of-sight so that they can spawn within immediate range.

Still though, the spawn rate and time needed to solo collect these things made me contemplate the hema as no longer the worse thing to grind for.

Edited by RogueSoldier
i never learned colors ;-;

2 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Hey, gotta know if those Condrocs are eating appropriately! Appreciate looking into their drop tables DE Drew. I do have a picture in my mind right now of a Corpus Crewman with safari outfit on top looking through a Condroc range.

Most definitely, a healthy diet makes a happy life. Still doesn't hurt to suggest maybe he changes that to drop tables himself before someone more inmature about it comes along.

Even the black pigments that drop from vombies (that spawn in droves if you do a tridolon cap set) seem to give 0, ive done a bunch of cap sets and probably killed hundreds of vombies, 0 pigments so far.