Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.20.5

[DE]Megan

Still not a fan of Spores not spreading when target dies from spores

I think you should balance it out. Let me just repost what I have wrote on Saryn Thread:

Post I wrote on Saryn Feedback Site -

Well it is nice but I would leave spread after Spores kills an enemy.

True it was a "Cast and forget" but remember that not everybody plays that way. Being able to recast spores is the best thing, I just wanted it to stay.

But in my opinion Spore spreding via enemies diying from spores should stay. This was part of her theme. This Viruses spreading around enemies, numbers in the distance which were very satysfing. So I wouldn't go that way.

--------------------------------------------------------

Let me try to give everybody some ideas that we can come up with something.

- Spores relocated on another enemy that died from spores have its damage reseted. It means when having a room full of sapawning enemies it would not be so much pain.

- Spores spread from death from spores could be lower 4m? 2m?

- Spores spread from death from spores would be restricted to 4 or less. It means when enemy dies from spores, they go on, but for limited numer of enemies. This idea would keep Saryn some energy since she isnt so much "Not energy hungry"

- Spores spreading via death by spores consume energy per spread but do not consume if enemy is killed via player means.

- If enemy is effected by poison or viral damage spores spread even via Death from spores

---------------------------------------------------------

Those are just my ideas of how to make it work. I know you are making those changes becouse of Onslaught and people playing afks in the background. But do not punish all of the players for some people doing that. In my opinion no spread from death by spores is a terrible change in comparison to other you showed us in this workshop. Other changes are very welcome but taking away Spore by Spore spreading would make it a bit frustrating to play and make some problems with her energy drain.

To Sum up

Leaving spreading spores by spores should stay with one of (or even some of) ideas I wrote above or maybe you may have another cool ideas for it. I know DE always comes up with good ideas for everyone.

Let me say that while talking about Ember changes you did some days ago.

Ember drains more energy with time - which helps to keep out of AFK gameplay - BUT damage increses with time.

This change was really good becouse it gave something in return. When change that spore by spore spread is getting removed gives us nothing in return. Damage changes and spread fixes are only fixes not the return I would say.

Please take my ideas under consideration.

Have a good day
----------------------------------------------------------

Please look at my ideas, think what Saryn was before and how much of a change would be to take away spores by spores spread. I would be gratefull if you can think of adding one of my ideas to the spores. Just do not take away spores by spores spread please ^_^
@[DE]Pablo

That was a REALLY NICE hotfix. Every single dojo room does the smoothest lighting transition now, no flickering, not accidentaly taking colors from the previows room. I can even tolerate the pitch shadows since they're the only thing off.

The pitch black Shadows are an unfortunate result of multiple objects clustered together and shadows designed to be cast for single objects. However... if the rooms as they are can support hundreds of objects, then of course there will be many instances of objects one on top of the other casting shadows on top of shadows.

DE this is the first time in months I actually have to reply to changes you made: Look I understand that sometimes the way we use our powers can annoy you or outright hate it, but the changes to Saryn are a complete cluster. There was almost NOBODY asking for these changes, then you OP the spores to a point it was ridiculous, now you broke the spores again so you actually have to gimp your build to have a hope to get your spores working correctly, if at all. 

Just return Saryn to what she was before you started this adventure, she was powerful, but it required understanding how she actually worked. Cause this was a misstep.

Though not sure why but it seems the spores itself can hardly spread even using weapon with toxic lash to burst the spore. Previous spore easily gets to 30 like enemies with 280% range build even with me casting spore on single target and does a bulletjump on the target face, now on same area it hardly cover beyond 20 enemies even using toxic lashed weapons. It feels like the overall spread range is kinda reduced atm.

two kind of decay is a little too much though, it still decays hella fast, and the overtime delay doesnt even pause when hitting conduit.

Please revise the spores not spreading from spore deaths.

This hurts alot as when I recast on a low tier enemy, they tend to die from the tick damage.

Not only do I lose 20% from the recast but since the spores ended with that death, I lose 20% too due to decay. 

Testing was ok, however ONE THING is really annoying: When I try to keep my spore counter up and recast a spore on an enemy but it dies before I can pop it. I am not happy about enemies dying from spores not spreading them, but to not make saryn frustrating to play (and consume energy excessively for wasted spores) I suggest this:

When an enemy dies that received spores from a direct cast, it spreads spores on death, even if dying from spore damage.

Generally the changes cause a stressful gameplay as I am very consumed by looking at my spore counter. I am desperately looking around for enemies on which I can refresh my spores and then I am stressed by trying to pop the spores before the enemy dies.

She is definetly better in terms of how now you can have control over spores spread, the damage growth nerf is quite huge - I think since it's capped by damage per infected enemy now - should be at least 20-30 enemies cap, also she could get like 5 second window before spores start to decay

TL DR - spread is now really good and balanced, the dps growth could use a bit of a buff, overnerfed atm

P.s. Can we have a shortcuts bound to hotkeys in our liset? like M for navigation, F for foundry and so on

New Spore gets just as convoluted as old pre-rework Spore, yet does less damage and takes less effort. I love that rework so much, please do more tweaks based on community feedback!

Also linkbomb Trinity got just as widespread as old Simulor Mirage, and it is so awesome - such a non-orthodox build encouraging aiming, positioning, and resource management - the cornerstones of Warframe gameplay.

Well after a slight test of saryn i can say that it is indeed a nerf, spores no longer spread if the kill is from spores which makes the continued spreading slightly more difficult, and as for damage, the infection cap that affects damage growth has cause a drastic drop, i did 10 rounds on hydron and prior to the hotfix i could get about 800+ damage, now it struggles to get to 300. Saryn is still very much playable for easy take outs and as long as the enemies dont die too quickly to spores her miasma can still spread them if it gets the kill instead, the decay on the spore damage is nice but really only suitable for missions where there are lots of enemies without getting much of breaks between them, something like survival you would get the most out of spores damage

Regarding Saryn:

She feels a bit slow to me now. Due to spores not spreading on death, I feel I have to keep pumping them out for too little gain (especially when I have to recast Toxic Lash and enemies die too quickly). It's a bit tedious if you ask me.
Could we at least get a small AoE on spores so we can spread them to multiple targets in one cast? It would speed things up a little.
I don't think it would take away any synergy with Toxic Lash, which would still be used to spread spores afterwards, and in a much larger radius.
Since the damage increase is capped at 10 targets anyway, I don't see any issues with potentially massive damage gains either.

Please consider giving it a try.

il y a 13 minutes, LIKE_A_PR3DAT0R a dit :

why u call this new rework a nerf? to be honest i really like it , just finish a solo eso , was pretty easy keep alive the counter but need change something on my build

20180524221406_1.jpg

add a spread from spore from death body will make saryn ultra op tbh

I had similar results.. almost gone to zone 11 if it wasnt of 2 stupid deaths ...  and non optimal spreading weapons (I love Ignis personally) .. I probably need to change the build to have a little bit more strenght 

Warframe0051.jpg

il y a 4 minutes, DruidKing a dit :

Well after a slight test of saryn i can say that it is indeed a nerf, spores no longer spread if the kill is from spores which makes the continued spreading slightly more difficult, and as for damage, the infection cap that affects damage growth has cause a drastic drop, i did 10 rounds on hydron and prior to the hotfix i could get about 800+ damage, now it struggles to get to 300. Saryn is still very much playable for easy take outs and as long as the enemies dont die too quickly to spores her miasma can still spread them if it gets the kill instead, the decay on the spore damage is nice but really only suitable for missions where there are lots of enemies without getting much of breaks between them, something like survival you would get the most out of spores damage

wV9Qb1k.jpg Took in Elite onslaught .. I think I finished the round at 3k ... which isnt that bad

Archived