The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This is a serious problem.

CrunchyCloud

3 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

The amazing thing about this is this is the typical response from a forum mod:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/961944-please-help/?tab=comments#comment-9809631

So basically you come here, and you're told to contact support, to be by support told they cannot get involved.
Genius System.
I remember when support was good, sad it's like this now.

We are not privy to how support handles chat ban review requests however every-time we have asked what we should do with chat ban threads, keep in mind that in the past we have tried leaving them open and it ended in a toxic mess, the response was to lock them and direct users to support.

If you feel that is the incorrect approach then it would be wise to contact a member of the community team either through personal private message or the community inbox and discuss it further.

I really dont understand whats this whole fuss about.Its like they deny your rights to free talk, opinions etc
I for one come from from a really competitive scene (world of warships).That game is so so toxic that sometimes drives you insane.People swearing, entitled trolls that fail at that part etc.
When i first came to warframe i was a bit surprised by the kindness and civilized behaviour.
Those restrictions are necessary in my book.Otherwise s**t that,s**t those etc.Or endless Nezha spam jokes till the point you want to bash the keyboard on the screen because of the little kids/adults that dont know when enough is enough.
Without any chat restriction people will just go ham on it.And you all know the "trolls" that try to get workarounds around those restriction because in their little minds they think its funny, the best joke ever and everybody around the planet should laugh at that.
Some  take it too far, some dont know when to stop.
You should take a step back and look at other games.And you should be gratefull of what you have.Chat bans are not given without a strong reasoning behind them.
Just my 2 cents.

Edited by GrimDelta

3 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

We are not privy to how support handles chat ban review requests however every-time we have asked what we should do with chat ban threads, keep in mind that in the past we have tried leaving them open and it ended in a toxic mess, the response was to lock them and direct users to support.

If you feel that is the incorrect approach then it would be wise to contact a member of the community team either through personal private message or the community inbox and discuss it further.

I talked to someone from the inbox, they told me to go to support, and support says to go here.

Edit: Scratch that- it was for a different reason.

Edited by Lord-Taco-the-Great

2 minutes ago, GrimDelta said:

I really dont understand whats this whole fuss about.Its like they deny your rights to free talk, opinions etc
I for one come from from a really competitive scene (world of warships).That game is so so toxic that sometimes drives you insane.People swearing, entitled trolls that fail at that part etc.
When i first came to warframe i was a bit surprised by the kindness and civilized behaviour.
Those restrictions are necessary in my book.Otherwise s**t that,s**t those etc.Or endless Nezha spam jokes till the point you want to bash the keyboard on the screen because of the little kids/adults that dont know when enough is enough.
Without any chat restriction people will just go ham on it.And you all know the "trolls" that try to get workarounds around those restriction because in their little minds they think its funny, the best joke ever and everybody around the planet should laugh at that.
Some they take it too far, some dont know when to stop.
You should take a step back and look at other games.And you should be gratefull of what you have.Chat bans are not given without a strong reasoning behind them.
Just my 2 cents.

The topic is not the chat filter, it never has been in the thread. It's about the moderators, again, not the chat filter. 

Edit: Let me clarify. We are not asking for the chat settings to be changed, we are saying that moderators should be reigned in. Skip the first 6 mins of fluff in OPs video, and once you get past the mocking voice, you're in the clear.

6 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

The topic being closed is not the issue, that is fair enough if it's going to end in a mess, which I can believe.
You guys not being (as you say) "privy to how support handles chat ban review requests" is the issue I'm alluding to, you're basically telling someone to open a pointless support ticket.

I don't have the direct answer for you on how you should answer, but better communication between DE support and forum moderators might be a start because what you have been informed to do is not reciprocated by support.

Edited by Carnage2K4

I've seen a few of your comments here and with each and every single one of them you are enforcing my view of you as a person completely oblivious of the problem, so here's my recent ticket with a similar type of issue as the one from 3 years ago.

(I spared you my initial entry, because the one included in the image is a sumarization of it anyway.)

Spoiler

baljoTy.png

Edited by Vistha-Kai

2 minutes ago, Vistha-Kai said:

I've seen a few of your comments here and with each and every single one of them you are enforcing my view of you as a person completely oblivious to the problem, so here's my recent ticket of the same type as the one from 3 years ago.

(I spared you my initial entry, because the one included in the image is a sumarization of it anyway.)

(Also the image seems to be too big[?] or something and I can't post it directly, so bear with a link to imgur instead)

https://i.imgur.com/baljoTy.png

I couldnt see it from the link, but if you remove the rest before imgur, it works.

Nevermind, it works now for some reason?

2 minutes ago, Vistha-Kai said:

I've seen a few of your comments here and with each and every single one of them you are enforcing my view of you as a person completely oblivious to the problem, so here's my recent ticket of the same type as the one from 3 years ago.

I understand the "problem" fine. I just don't see it as a problem and I disagree with your opinions on it.

That is allowed. To disagree with you, I mean. If we can not disagree and have a discussion about it, then there's no point in having a thread here. We are not here to all tell the OP how correct the video he posted was, we are here to discuss said video and share our opinions on it. My opinions happens to be different from yours, that's all.

My 2 cents:

I have no problem with the moderators. They have never bothered me. They have never tried to push some "agenda" on me. Some salty stranger on YouTube claiming otherwise isn't going to change my mind on that.

What I do want to change: I think no one should get banned without being given a clear reason why they are banned, and without being told for how long they are banned.

2 minutes ago, rune_me said:

I understand the "problem" fine. I just don't see it as a problem and I disagree with your opinions on it.

That is allowed. To disagree with you, I mean. If we can not disagree and have a discussion about it, then there's no point in having a thread here. We are not here to all tell the OP how correct the video he posted was, we are here to discuss said video and share our opinions on it. My opinions happens to be different from yours, that's all.

My 2 cents:

I have no problem with the moderators. They have never bothered me. They have never tried to push some "agenda" on me. Some salty stranger on YouTube claiming otherwise isn't going to change my mind on that.

What I do want to change: I think no one should get banned without being given a clear reason why they are banned, and without being told for how long they are banned.

I think that his point is that he doesnt follow your reasoning. I'm not sure myself, but from what I've been able to tell, is that from your experience this hasnt happened, and therefore, is not a problem? Forgive me if I misinterpreted it, I'm just trying to see where you are coming from.

Replaced take with tell.

3 minutes ago, Lord-Taco-the-Great said:

I think that his point is that he doesnt follow your reasoning. I'm not sure myself, but from what I've been able to tell, is that from your experience this hasnt happened, and therefore, is not a problem? Forgive me if I misinterpreted it, I'm just trying to see where you are coming from.

Well, he just spelled it out to you. His problem isn't that certain moderators are allowed to do what they want, to whom they want and where they want, because he personally wasn't affected, but the fact length and reason for a punishment aren't disclosed, which is a different issue entirely.

Edited by Vistha-Kai

1 minute ago, Lord-Taco-the-Great said:

I've certainly not experienced it, no. And I'm not going to take some stranger on YouTube's words for it. Especially a stranger who clearly have an agenda of his own.

Like I said in previous posts, I think you are assuming moderators have far more power than they do. They are just easy, and safe, targets, which is why the video is about them. I don't blame moderators for trying to get words added to the chatbot. That's their job. That's not abuse of power.

Now if moderators then went on Facebook or Tumbler or whatever afterwards and bragged about all the people they got banned? Yeah, that would be questionable. But "screenshots" in a YouTube video is hardly proof that any of that actually happened. I'm sorry, maybe I'm just to cynical, but I've longed since stopped believing something to be true just because the news reporter or someone on the internet said it was.

30 minutes ago, rune_me said:

I've certainly not experienced it, no. And I'm not going to take some stranger on YouTube's words for it. Especially a stranger who clearly have an agenda of his own.

Like I said in previous posts, I think you are assuming moderators have far more power than they do. They are just easy, and safe, targets, which is why the video is about them. I don't blame moderators for trying to get words added to the chatbot. That's their job. That's not abuse of power.

Now if moderators then went on Facebook or Tumbler or whatever afterwards and bragged about all the people they got banned? Yeah, that would be questionable. But "screenshots" in a YouTube video is hardly proof that any of that actually happened. I'm sorry, maybe I'm just to cynical, but I've longed since stopped believing something to be true just because the news reporter or someone on the internet said it was.

the major problem is not the chat bot...
the problem is exactly abuse of power

and you say you dont believe in news, but then at least do you go and research the facts yourself?
to really understand if it indeed is false before calling them fake?

Otherwise you're just turning a blind eye to problems that, still, didnt affect you,
i mean its not because u never got bitten by a shark that sharks aren't agressive or don't exist at all

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel

A friend of mine has met some toxic community moderators in the global chat. Once he was explaining to a new player and to a player who was a community moderator that you can not do something, and after for some time he got suspended from chat for " being toxic " when in fact all he did was correct the community moderator on a single topic he was not entirely correct on. I've also investigated some of the community managers that were chosen and some of them have been away for months if not over a year.

Here is the thing, I understand that being a community moderator is difficult and stressful, I understand that you are in a responsible position where you need to try to judge people objectively, but while I appreciate the free participation of community moderators to try to keep our chats rid of toxicity, unfortunately some few are actually quite corrupt with their conduct, and it amazes me that they are not being checked upon or investigated for unprofessional and inappropriate use of their " moderation ".

By no means am I encouraging hating on community moderators because they are players and humans too, and they spend that extra time out from their lives just to help out us, the community and the game. But I am saying that I do think community moderators need to hold a standard and need to be checked upon that they follow the guidelines just like any other player does. I also wish that if not the players but at the very least other community moderators would keep each other in check and DE would supervise that they are following the code of conduct properly as well. And by ' they ' I am mostly referring to the few rare sour apples, most of them are great, kind and helpful.

9 minutes ago, rune_me said:

You mean exactly what happened?

I spent 10 seconds in the Google, writing "my girlfriend and I are both chat mods for warframe" and the very first search result was this.

5 minutes ago, rune_me said:

I don't see how he has an agenda. He presented it pretty straightforwardly. And another thing, I think we aren't on the same page of what we're discussing, at least I think. It's how the mods have acted. I know that DE will do what they want, but I do know they are good at compromises as well. For instance, one chat mod said "No one" was getting banned and to "stop acting like idiots" another refereed to us as "limp d**k f***s". This could have been avoided by responding with a "pr voice" like the mods do here. Rephrased: "I have heard reports of people being banned by the shard to endo glitch. I can neither confirm nor deny these claims until DE has made their official statement. However, I advise that you do not trade them in just in case." Basically, these moderators show a great deal of anger towards the player base in general. I don't think it's healthy when you feel anger/contempt towards the very people you moderate. It leads to people letting their emotions get in the way of their judgement. Again, what I'm talking about has nothing to do with the filter, it's how moderators behave. Yes, they may have not been directly mad at you, but they do harbor ill thoughts towards the community. I think DE should set a standard, not necessarily get rid of them. Chat mods should remain indifferent. 

5 minutes ago, Lord-Taco-the-Great said:

I don't see how he has an agenda. He presented it pretty straightforwardly. And another thing, I think we aren't on the same page of what we're discussing, at least I think. It's how the mods have acted. I know that DE will do what they want, but I do know they are good at compromises as well. For instance, one chat mod said "No one" was getting banned and to "stop acting like idiots" another refereed to us as "limp d**k f***s". This could have been avoided by responding with a "pr voice" like the mods do here. Rephrased: "I have heard reports of people being banned by the shard to endo glitch. I can neither confirm nor deny these claims until DE has made their official statement. However, I advise that you do not trade them in just in case." Basically, these moderators show a great deal of anger towards the player base in general. I don't think it's healthy when you feel anger/contempt towards the very people you moderate. It leads to people letting their emotions get in the way of their judgement. Again, what I'm talking about has nothing to do with the filter, it's how moderators behave. Yes, they may have not been directly mad at you, but they do harbor ill thoughts towards the community. I think DE should set a standard, not necessarily get rid of them. Chat mods should remain indifferent. 

Sure. I don't disagree with any of that. Of course a moderator should be civil and should be held to certain standards. And of course you should report any mod in chat that don't "behave". I certainly would, if I came across them.

I don't particularly care if a mod is angry at some of the player base. That's unavoidable. No one can get along with everyone. But of course he or she should not let that anger form the basis of their decisions made as a moderator. A police officer can hate you all he want, but that doesn't mean he should fine you unless you actually broke the law. 

8 minutes ago, Lord-Taco-the-Great said:

I think DE should set a standard, not necessarily get rid of them.

Hence my suggestion of an agreement of some kind. Whatever 'contract' there is is clearly not working, as both sides appear to be pretty angry with the other.

That is an objective fact, and laying down some guidelines and agreements can only help matters.

4 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

This is a complete none issue and if anything it shows why we need this. Because there people out there who are unable to fathom the basic concepts of civility.

what are u talking about? need to be more specific, because AGAIN, as you clearly didnt read anything nor watched the video (skip and start watching from 6m)
The problem here is not the chat bot, the problems are some few moderators who dont have concepts of civility as you said

13 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

This is a complete none issue and if anything it shows why we need this. Because there people out there who are unable to fathom the basic concepts of civility.

I know the title is clickbaity, but like the dude above me mentioned, after you get 6 mins it, it starts to get to the meat of it. To reiterate, this is not about the chat filter, this is about the actions of moderators.

12 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Hence my suggestion of an agreement of some kind. Whatever 'contract' there is is clearly not working, as both sides appear to be pretty angry with the other.

That is an objective fact, and laying down some guidelines and agreements can only help matters.

I support this 100%