Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Loki a little Love - Rework

tenshiyue

Hello people, how you doing? im not sure if someone will ever read this, probably those who do will disagree with me.
    However as a Loki fan I feel that he is getting behind on power level in comparison to other warframes that have similar utility skills, like Ivara or Octavia.
    Soo i came here to expose my idea of how Loki could be better without losing it utility and concept idea.
    I'll explain first what make me feel that way about him.
    Loki is a stealth frame with a lot of utility, like invisibility, teleport, a decoy to taunt enemies and a very cool and interesting aoe cc ability that desarms the affected targets.
    Thinking about his skills we clearly know that not all of them are unique, for example ivara and octavia have invisibility and taunting skills that not only does a similar effect but also provide others bonus.

Lets start it.
     Loki passive is a very cool one but lets be honesty here, as most warframe players like to jump around and kill enemies, stay hanging on a wall like spider man its not that great on most mission, besides all warframe already have a good time limit to hang on the wall i see no need to keep hanging forever there. Soo overall its a not very usefull passive.

Loki 1th skill has a realy great idea, however it has some big failures like,it can be easy killed, its not a damage source, basicly you just cast it to draw fire of 2 or 3 enemy then it dies. Overall is a very bad skill that lose very hard for others warframe who possess similar effect, for example:
        - Ivara whith the quiver hability has not only a taunt effect on the noise arrow to attract enemies,but also can put them to sleep, making them very easy targets, plus she still have others strategic opitions.
        - While Octavia has the resonator and mallet that not only taunt enemy fire but also inflict high dmg back to them in a 360 degree, making Loki decoy a outdated skill.

Loki 2th skill, an invisbility skills with a good duration, fast cast and stealth dmg multiply for melee attacks, well all invisbility effects provide the dmg multiply soo its not a bonus from the skills itself but a bonus dmg from attacking the target withouth it noticing you, sleep targets also gets this bonus i think. Overall a good skill but in comparison with ivara and octavia its lacks a bonus, for example:
        - ivara can remain invisible for an undefined amount of time, with a small limitation of movement, but she also can steal enemies loot and has a bonus for headshot.
        - Now octavia has an invisibility skill attached to a armor bonus effect and possible 3 others great buffs (speed, multshoot, melee dmg) granting her a huge advantage on combat, making Loki invisibility a little outdated too.

Loki 3th skill, its a teleport who swith places with the target, i think this skills is realy cool because we can combine it with the decoy to access hard places on the map, making it excelent for spy missions type, and also we can use it to unbug allies on the map, but besides that its not a very effective skill on combat, switching places with a enemy with that hard animation doesn't help a lot on the battlefiel. Overall a good skill but lacks utility on combat like for example:
        - Ash teleport, not only alow him to move to other location but also has a very fast and smooth transition that also alow us to apply finisher on the enemy, become a realy good asset to use in combat too.

Loki 4th skill, is one of my favority one, its a diferent type of cc that can permanently change the enemies fight style (except of course the infested, but there is when the radiation effects shine). Overall its a very good and unique cc that works better only on factions with firearm.

Now Congratulations if you read soo far, i think is clear now how much behind Loki looks like, when compared to others similar warframes. Soo here comes my idea to improve his skills without losing it concept purpose.

Loki New Passive:  When Loki shields is depleted he automaticly deploys the decoy and receive a speed bonus, allowing him a window to escape the situation. (it may looks bad but wait until you see the change on the decoy). Being loki a stealth frame he is very fragile, and can easy die in a cross fire ou by aoe attacks, soo a nice skill to prevent death in hard situations looks preety good for me.

Loki New 1th skill: The difference here is that decoys will be a mix of Equinox Duality with Saryn Molt. When cast the decoy will taunt all enemies who see it and in the first 3 seconds it will remain STILL absorbing all damage (like the new saryn molt), after that time the decoy armor will be increased proportinal to the dmg absorbed (saryn Molt) and will start shooting at enemies, the decoy dmg is affected by your PISTOL MODS (equinox duality) and by the skill power strenght (soo he will be like a turrent, cannot move, target one enemy at time, but inflict a nice dmg).

Loki New 2th skill: For this one i though about adding 2 situational buffs.
        - The first one is apply when you stay stationary for 3 or more seconds, loki put a target point in the head of all enemy on his line of sight, every head shoot stagger the enemy, making it vulnerable to phisical damage, like slash, puncture or impact, for 2 seconds.
        - The second one is apply when loki is moving, any enemy that Loki colide will be affected by desorientation and he will not lose the stealth multiply, plus if he kills an enemy with a finisher his body will desapears without alerting nearby enemies (making it a possible focus farming?).

Loki New 3th skill: This skills is basicly the same but now it will have a charged effect, soo you can simple switch places with a target or you can hold down the skill button charging it and when you switch place with the target, others nearby enemy will also be teleported together (soo imagine if you have an ally on the ground, surounded by enemies, you charge your teleport, aim a enemy on the midle and when you switch places not only that target got teleported to your previous location but also any other enemy on the 4m radios around it).

Loki New 4th skill: This one basicly remain the same, but i though about an additional effect, all enemies affect by radial desarm will become vulnerable to status effect, not elemental damage itself, but duration and power effect, making it last longer and increasing the status strenght, soo if a enemy become affected by radition or viral status after the radial desarm , he will remain with that status effect until killed, also effects like the stun by shock or armor reduction by corrosive are doubled.

Well that is it, what do you think? too op? not that good? I would llike to hear your opinion about it. Thx for reading it, and sorry for the english mistakes.

Why fix something that's not broken? Loki is still one of the best Warframes in the game,,at most he only needs a few small tweaks, but a full blown rework is absolutely unnecessary for a frame that still works just as well now as it did when it was released.

1. Needs some scaling, that's about it.

2. Works perfectly, no changes necessary (unless they wanna integrate the augment into it, which I doubt).

3. I mean, it works well for what it's intended to do.

4. Works, especially with the augment.

Now, I generally use an invisibility Loki, so that's what I'm gonna rebute with. You say Ivara and Octavia have an advantage over him... But I really don't see that. Ivara, while indeed she can stay invisible for a ridiculous amount of time, needs an augment to even move, and even when she does, she's incredibly slow. So, while she does have her uses, such as a survival that I'm too lazy to kill in, I will take Loki over Ivara for most situation, simply due to his sheer speed. It's not like I'm gonna run out of energy for invisibility anyway. Even with Energy Siphon alone, his cost/recover ration is in favor of the recovery, even when modded unproperly. As for Octavia... I assume her invisibility is tied to holding a rhythm... Guess who can't do that, and therefore can't comment.

In my opinion, Loki is fine. Also, fun. All these frames with their forced synergies are actually getting tiresome. I'm a lot more happy with my simple Loki, where every ability does what it says on the tin, rather than something that needs 4 abilities and added stress just to hold invisibility for a few seconds.

His one is the only ability that needs a rework. Personally i wouldn't make that clone shoot, i would let it just be there and the health have some kind of scalling ability but that is about it.

I think a warframe like Vauban or Nyx could use some work (just to put more attention on them).

39 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

1. Needs some scaling, that's about it.

This right here. I'd like to see the ability to put up multiple decoys and have their health scale much like Saryn's Molt does. Currently, they are near 100% useless if used for anything other than Switch Teleporting.

Every time someone makes a Loki rework idea, myself included, people tell them that it isn't needed. You people confuse reworks with buffs. Kindly stop polluting the forums.

Decoy is useless in anything but low levels.

Switch teleport might as well not exist. It was good when parkour was worse. Can't be used for CC. only annoys allies. A better mobility ability would do wonders.

Loki has two abilities. One needs an augment to be good.

Invisibility is outclassed by Octavia, who has three other, overloaded abilities, and Ash, who in exchange for a bit of duration has two other great abilities and an actual passive. Three abilities if he slaps on seeking.

Loki doesn't have a passive either.

His other useful ability, his disarm, has an outdated animation. The ability does nothing against infested. It shouldn't re-trigger animations either.

Loki's invisibility augment is the only reason people use him over anything else. His disarm and decoy augments are decent but don't add anything worthwhile.

But augments don't make a frame. Look at ember...

Loki needs a rework. He needs it badly. Just because something isn't weak doesn't mean it's not outdated, and Loki is horribly outdated.

Edited by BeeOverlord

8 minutes ago, BeeOverlord said:

Every time someone makes a Loki rework idea, myself included, people tell them that it isn't needed. You people confuse reworks with buffs. Kindly stop polluting the forums.

Decoy is useless in anything but low levels.

Switch teleport might as well not exist. It was good when parkour was worse. Can't be used for CC. only annoys allies. A better mobility ability would do wonders.

Loki has two abilities. One needs an augment to be good.

Invisibility is outclassed by Octavia, who has three other, overloaded abilities, and Ash, who in exchange for a bit of duration has two other great abilities and an actual passive. Three abilities if he slaps on seeking.

Loki doesn't have a passive either.

His other useful ability, his disarm, has an outdated animation. The ability does nothing against infested. It shouldn't re-trigger animations either.

Loki's invisibility augment is the only reason people use him over anything else. His disarm and decoy augments are decent but don't add anything worthwhile.

But augments don't make a frame. Look at ember...

Loki needs a rework. He needs it badly. Just because something isn't weak doesn't mean it's not outdated, and Loki is horribly outdated.

But... the answer to your complaints are Ash and Octavia. You don't like Loki, don't play him. You already stated what you want out of him. You already stated those options exist in other frames. Use them. Why should Loki turn into Ash or Octavia? Nah, mate. Loki only needs an update to his first ability. He's still one of the best frames in the game. As much as you don't like "Old Man Loki", he's still kicking major arse and doesn't need help to keep doing that.

Yeah, he may be a "one ability frame". But I'll take a frame with one magnificent ability over a frame with 4 meh abilities any time of the day. Not all frames have to be complicated for the sake of complexity. I'll take my all-encompassing invisibility and my 4 other situational abilities (yes, passive included) over having to use all 4 abilities to be functional in most situations.

Seriously, your complaints are that he's not Ash or Octavia. No wonder people tell you he doesn't need a rework when all the evidence you're presenting is: "But this Warframe does this one thing better." Or "But this other, unrelated Warframe is terrible even with augments."

3 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

But... the answer to your complaints are Ash and Octavia. You don't like Loki, don't play him. You already stated what you want out of him. You already stated those options exist in other frames. Use them. Why should Loki turn into Ash or Octavia? Nah, mate. Loki only needs an update to his first ability. He's still one of the best frames in the game. As much as you don't like "Old Man Loki", he's still kicking major arse and doesn't need help to keep doing that.

Yeah, he may be a "one ability frame". But I'll take a frame with one magnificent ability over a frame with 4 meh abilities any time of the day. Not all frames have to be complicated for the sake of complexity. I'll take my all-encompassing invisibility and my 4 other situational abilities (yes, passive included) over having to use all 4 abilities to be functional in most situations.

Seriously, your complaints are that he's not Ash or Octavia. No wonder people tell you he doesn't need a rework when all the evidence you're presenting is: "But this Warframe does this one thing better." Or "But this other, unrelated Warframe is terrible even with augments."

Frames are supposed to have four abilities and a passive.

Loki has two abilities and no passive.

He isn't comparing badly to Ash or Octavia.

He's comparing badly to the basic template.

I rest my case.

Again, a rework is not a ******* buff. He can kick the same amount of arse without feeling like half a frame.

Edited by BeeOverlord

Just now, BeeOverlord said:

Frames are supposed to have four abilities and a passive.

Loki has two abilities and no passive.

He isn't comparing badly to Ash or Octavia.

He's comparing badly to the basic template.

I rest my case.

No, he has 4 abilities and a passive. Just cause 2 of them (3 if you include the passive) are situational doesn't mean he doesn't follow the template. As I said, not all Warframes have to have all their abilities work in every situation, all the time. It's called variety, you know.

Just now, Gabbynaru said:

No, he has 4 abilities and a passive. Just cause 2 of them (3 if you include the passive) are situational doesn't mean he doesn't follow the template. As I said, not all Warframes have to have all their abilities work in every situation, all the time. It's called variety, you know.

That's like saying psychic bolts is an actual ability.

Please stop being insufferable and arrogant. I've played long enough to know I'm right about this. 

1 minute ago, BeeOverlord said:

That's like saying psychic bolts is an actual ability.

Please stop being insufferable and arrogant. I've played long enough to know I'm right about this. 

What, it isn't? What are you on mate? Get that hatred out of your head and start thinking clearly. Those abilities exist. They are situational. Situational stuff exists in every single bloody game. It adds to the variety, it helps with not making stuff feel stale. Next you're gonna tell me stasis isn't an ability. Or Hall of Mirrors. Or Rip Line. Mate, each ability has a purpose. Just cause you like nukes on all your abilities doesn't mean we all do. Some of us like variety. Yeah, we might not use switch teleport all the time, but it is there, it is a tool in the box, it will be used when the time is right. You ain't using a screwdriver to unscrew a bolt, are you? Or a snorkel to inflate a tire? Same thing applies to abilities. They have their purpose, use them for what they are supposed to do. You don't like it, buy another toolbox. Doesn't mean the current toolbox is broke, it just doesn't fit your purpose.

You talking about me being an arrogant? How about you listen to yourself, cause that's the only person you seem to take into consideration in the conversation.

Loki can cheese any mission. What else do you want ?

His 1 should just be invulnerable, but that has been said enough times.

Also maybe other frames have better invis/aggro drawing, but his abilities synergyze very well for his purpose (which is not mass killing-scaling)

Also, no. His augment is not the only thing people use him for.

If one frame has 2 situational abilities and no passive

...and most other frames have at least 3 abilities that are always usable, if not 4, and a passive

...then I think that frame is clearly not in a good state.

I'm going to repeat this to you one more time. Slowly this time, because you clearly cannot comprehend it.

A     r  e  w  o  r  k    i s    n o t    a    b u f f.

Loki is useful but outdated. He needs an update. Not a buff.

Can you understand what I'm saying here?

Please tell me you can understand the difference...

You're the only one talking about buffs here, mate. How about suggesting some ideas instead of acting all high and mighty when no one can understand your point. All I hear from you is Ash this, Octavia that. Suggest some ideas on how Loki could be improved, not how other Warframes do it better. Then, maybe, I will be able to understand you.

Also, let me spell this out for you.

1. Needs some scaling, but otherwise quite good at drawing attention, very useful in objective-based missions, such as Interception or Defense.

2. What do you want me to say?

3. Situational, works best with Decoy. Could this be improved? Maybe. How, I don't know. So, I'm fine with it as it is.

4. Panic button. Very useful as a panic button even without the augment. I hear with the augment and a proper build, it's even better. But, for me, it's a very, very useful panic button that adds to Loki's survivability.

P. Very good at unlocking certain rivens. Useless otherwise because of the speed of the game. Could be replaced with hushed invisibility, but they won't do it.

So, based on that, I really don't think he needs a rework. Some small tweaks. No rework. Reworking implies a big task that, based on past reworks, fully changes how a Warframe plays. Loki doesn't need a change in play style, he's very good as he is currently.

Ok, my mistake, the word "Rework" was probably not the correctly one ( I used it because they used it on the Saryn "Rework", they didn't change the nature of the warframe, her skills still do the same thing that have always done before but now better, soo i though about it and used the same word, however "Buff" would be the correct one). As you can see all i propose was a buff or increment for his skills, not a completly change of his concept purpose. I realy like play Loki not only because of his invisibility skill but also for his uniquines. I never said he is broken or bad, i just wanted him to be as powerfull as the others one similar to him. (its fair remember that even those frame have similar skills they have completely different play style and porpuse) That is it, that is all about it. I definitely agree that Nyx, Vauban and others frame need way more atention than him, yet i like more him than the others and that is the reason of this post. Plis don't be mad because of that, its ok if you are fine with him, but is always nice hear the opinions of the others.

PS: I realy believe they are working on Nyx and Vaub, im definetily sure they will give attention to these frame, but because loki its not "bad" i was affraid him might not get an attention at all, and people would always think that he is fine when he could be better. (ok, that is the saryn vibe here, she was fine for me before and now she is just great, is it too bad wish that for other frame?)

Edited by tenshiyue

I'd say that he could need some tuning up on his 1st and 3rd skill, a bit. And maybe some rearrangement for his augments and base effects, to give him more of a "gruesome mischief" feel.

My suggestions would be (note that I'm REALLY tired, so excuse me if there's anything too stupid written below):

Decoy

• Recast to kill it manually.
  • Upon death/expiration, the Decoy explodes in an AoE, dealing no damage but causing an Impact-proc on all nearby enemies.
  • Brief invulnerability moment when summoned, a la Molt / Iron Skin etc
  • X% of the damage the Decoy suffers is also reflected back at the attacking enemy, with a chance (affected by Ability Strength) for the Decoy to also be completely unscathed by the attack (i.e., the Decoy doesn't get hurt, but the attacking enemy still suffers selfharm).
  • Augment: Flash Decoy -> The Decoy's death/expiration causes its AoE-effect to include a blinding effect, including opening the enemies up for finishers.

Invisibility

• Marks enemy visually (a la Argonak's aim) within a moderate radius of Loki. Purely some aid to alleviate the lack of flashlight, nothing else.

Switch Teleport

• If Switched with an alerted enemy, that enemy now gets a Radiation-proc and X%(?) damage-amp for as long as it is Radiation-procced.
  • Switching with an ally grants the ally increased movementspeed and damage-resistance. This bonus applies to Loki himself too, regardless if he swaps with an ally or enemy.
  • Augment: Mayhem Switch -> The debuffs of a Switch Teleport-target are now also applied to targets near the Switched target (functions like a debuffing aura, which lingers on the affected targets even if the main target dies), while also increasing the damage-amp effect by Y%.

Radial Disarm

• Disarm starts as a weapon jam animation (a la Shooting Gallery), making their weapons glow with Loki's energy colour, enemies then holster their weapons.
  • Disarm-effect now has a max duration. When it runs out, they unholster their guns again. Duration can be refreshed with recasts.
  • Enemies now suffer 50/100/150/200% of their damage done back at themselves. Works even on non-Disarmable enemies. Stacks with the Decoy's reflect-effect.
  • Augment: Distant Disarm -> Radial Disarm now also eminates from your Decoy, with 50/65/80/100% of its effect radius. In addition, casting speed of Radial Disarm is increased by 25/50/75/100%.

1 hour ago, Azamagon said:

I'd say that he could need some tuning up on his 1st and 3rd skill, a bit. And maybe some rearrangement for his augments and base effects, to give him more of a "gruesome mischief" feel.

My suggestions would be (note that I'm REALLY tired, so excuse me if there's anything too stupid written below):

Decoy

• Recast to kill it manually.
  • Upon death/expiration, the Decoy explodes in an AoE, dealing no damage but causing an Impact-proc on all nearby enemies.
  • Brief invulnerability moment when summoned, a la Molt / Iron Skin etc
  • X% of the damage the Decoy suffers is also reflected back at the attacking enemy, with a chance (affected by Ability Strength) for the Decoy to also be completely unscathed by the attack (i.e., the Decoy doesn't get hurt, but the attacking enemy still suffers selfharm).
  • Augment: Flash Decoy -> The Decoy's death/expiration causes its AoE-effect to include a blinding effect, including opening the enemies up for finishers.

Invisibility

• Marks enemy visually (a la Argonak's aim) within a moderate radius of Loki. Purely some aid to alleviate the lack of flashlight, nothing else.

Switch Teleport

• If Switched with an alerted enemy, that enemy now gets a Radiation-proc and X%(?) damage-amp for as long as it is Radiation-procced.
  • Switching with an ally grants the ally increased movementspeed and damage-resistance. This bonus applies to Loki himself too, regardless if he swaps with an ally or enemy.
  • Augment: Mayhem Switch -> The debuffs of a Switch Teleport-target are now also applied to targets near the Switched target (functions like a debuffing aura, which lingers on the affected targets even if the main target dies), while also increasing the damage-amp effect by Y%.

Radial Disarm

• Disarm starts as a weapon jam animation (a la Shooting Gallery), making their weapons glow with Loki's energy colour, enemies then holster their weapons.
  • Disarm-effect now has a max duration. When it runs out, they unholster their guns again. Duration can be refreshed with recasts.
  • Enemies now suffer 50/100/150/200% of their damage done back at themselves. Works even on non-Disarmable enemies. Stacks with the Decoy's reflect-effect.
  • Augment: Distant Disarm -> Radial Disarm now also eminates from your Decoy, with 50/65/80/100% of its effect radius. In addition, casting speed of Radial Disarm is increased by 25/50/75/100%.

Hey i hope you got some rest before you see this reply, anyway honestly i have though about using reflection on decoy but right now i don't think it would worth at all, do a test, take a trinity on the simulacron, just cast the skill and stay still (don't use any mods or effect that the decoy won't use too) then you see how much dmg you did before you die, also take in consideration that decoy gonna take dmg from multiple sources and the reflection will fluctuate according to the enemy dmg and the decoy life, i believe the decoy will die before reducting 5% of the life from the enemies that are attacking it. My idea was of making it attack because i believe that every warframe should have a damage skill to help in combat, and after i build my equinox focused on duality i saw how nice and fun is having a decent assistence to aid you in battle, applying that on Loki could be rly fun, and not overporewed since it still gonna be destroyed after a time. Unless you are talking in a reflection like the mallet of octavia, honestly i don't wanna see that, it has a great scalability but having 2 warframe with equals skills that does the same thing in the same way its preety bad. However i have to say that the explosion effect when it dies is rly a great idea and i think would fit preety well.

About the second skill, i don't feel any difficult to see or aim a enemy  while invisible soo if its not going to add something there are no reason to add at all.

Your 3 skill idea is awesome, i though would be cool teleport a bunch of enemies away, but receiving a buff that contribues to survivability its even better and being able to apply a cc on enemies around it is even better, well thought, i totally discard my idea for yours, way better!

About the 4th one, i rly don't know since all targets will reflect dmg to each other when attaacking each other, i don't know how much of difference will it do or if it will end up killing something, soo i can't say if is awesome or not worth. Still make the decoy cast radial disarm sounds interesting, would double the area of effect and also if the decoy survive and taunt would be way more efficient, soo i like it.

Personally I think Loki is a great frame that just needs some quality of life improvments to just a few of his abilities.

1. His decoy is lack luster as it does no damage and can't survive a few shots at mid to late game levels. I would personally love to see this updated. My idea would be to make his Decoy a Spector of loki's current load out that draws agro and does some damage with a slight boost to its health (affected by strength). Each level in the ability would spawn 1 additional Spector to fight (E.g. unranked would creat 1, 1st rank would create 2, 2 would create 3, etc). His augment could stay exactly the same that if 1 decoy is alive he would revive at its location.

2. I wouldnt change.

3. As much fun as it is to teleport to your decoy from far away or just troll your friends I'm not a big fan of switch teleport. Personally I would love to see it changed to a short blink/ jump in the direction youre moving, similar to the itzal. His augment I would update so that he creates a small area stun upon where he lands opening up enemies to finishers.

4. I wouldnt change.

Passive: yeah its no the flashiest or best passive and i wouldn't mind seeing it reworked but ive found uses for it including spy missions and to unlock rivens.

These are just some thoughts on a slight quality of life rework to his kit.

18 hours ago, (PS4)gta4biosmka said:

I really like your ideas. And people remember, he might be ok but still out dated

out dated? this is a joke right? can you take loki into high lvl? yes. can you use all of his skills in various situations in the current build of the game? yes. so in what context is he outdated. you do realize that if something is built properly it will last almost forever needing no changes.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

Loki is one of the better frames.

I do agree that his kit feels outdated though. With augments there is good synergy but he could do with some tweaking.

1. Better scaling needed, cast while invis causes decoy to have increased threat generation

2. Changes how other powers work, while invis.

3. Functions like normal when visible, when invis it teleport you to their location silently and does not switch spots

4. Functions like normal when visible, but when invis it causes brief blind like flashbang effect to open targets to finishers. No damage while stealth