Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PS4 Beasts of the Sanctuary: Update 22.20.6 (LIMBO PRIME + Hotfixes)

I think I have the ideal way to sort out the cursor problem on console and let you do your streamlining across the platforms.

Remove the cursor from the PC version so their control system is the same as the old console UI.

I can't foresee any problems with that solution. 😄

So after a little further play i still maintain the cursor sucks, is clunky, and ps4 is NOT a pc we don't have a handy little rodent to click and move things with.  Also recently discovered you can't move the character while changing the appearance so ya bombed that guys! Things worked better and were easier before this. Use the stick find what you want,  boom!  Now it's a whole mess of this then that then this or that...

I like warframe because it was easy to navigate, lots of choices and fun to play, now its a cross between, ok going well.. wait wtf dam cursor... ok on with the game,  with lingering thoughts of sob`s cant get their head on strate and now i don't want to bother with parts of the game to minimize the dam cursor usage...just give us the option to use the old system always, while you seriously tweak the cursor.  Then down the road you can re-boast new cursor bs and i might try it then.  But until that day arrives, ginmie meh dam controls back!!!!

I am still on the old UI side and want to see the cursor gone. However this post is to mention that the particles still reset to medium after you leave the game, and that selecting a mission on the alert bar without a D-pad is horrible and I find the current void relic system bad. Having to select a relic to see how many traces you have is a bad system, same with having to move the cursor to select the refinement level of a relic.

Lastly for now, is that you need to move the cursor over the name of whoever you want to trade with when the D-pad was better and the cursor system is still bad for chat systems, finally the inability to use the D-pad to move screens in the mod, inventory and other windows is seriously clunky. Other than doing trades, filling my syndicate standing and the occasional alert, I stopped playing warframe to wait for these problems to be solved. Back to Bloodborne to me.

@[DE]Danielle possible bug...?

Ran two rounds of 25 waves on Hydron last night, full squad first time, 3 the second. I was Saryn, running an almost full loadout (only missing a secondary weapon), with a rank 0 Lanka.

First run the lanka only went from rank 0 to 8 (including completion bonus), which was about 40k xp total. 2nd run the lanka went from rank 8 to 15, so I think about 90k xp total. (Note, all my other equipment was rank 30)

The other squad members received far more xp than I did, with their gear gaining many many more lvls.

As Saryn mowing down the grineer, i did over 80% damage with about 80% of the kills (1500+) in each run.

Is it possible that spore-kills no longer reward me with xp?!?

Edit: it's since been kindly explained to me, as the warframe was likely getting all the kills, my weapons were receiving very little xp. So I've misunderstood the affinity share.

With 700+h Im so sad to say that today's the last time for me playing warframe.

you destroyed the game and i've waited or WE have waited long time to fix the main problem which is the NEW Virtual Cursor and YOU fixing side problems that come up when you decided  to change a thing that already work perfectly.

WE ARE NOT PC USERS!
WE ARE NOT BETA TESTERS !

WE ARE NOT HAPPY AT ALL WITH THE NEW UI!

thumbnail?appId=YahooMailNeo&downloadWhe

2 hours ago, (PS4)IRaQiFiRE said:

With 700+h Im so sad to say that today's the last time for me playing warframe.

you destroyed the game and i've waited or WE have waited long time to fix the main problem which is the NEW Virtual Cursor and YOU fixing side problems that come up when you decided  to change a thing that already work perfectly.

WE ARE NOT PC USERS!
WE ARE NOT BETA TESTERS !

WE ARE NOT HAPPY AT ALL WITH THE NEW UI!

thumbnail?appId=YahooMailNeo&downloadWhe

If you're willing to stop playing over this then you're not gonna be missed. If such a small change to the menus that is miles better than the old way is enough to make you stop playing a game that you've poured over 700 hours into, I think you need to reevaluate your entire life.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)SCP-100912 said:

If you're willing to stop playing over this then you're not gonna be missed. If such a small change to the menus that is miles better than the old way is enough to make you stop playing a game that you've poured over 700 hours into, I think you need to reevaluate your entire life.

Let's all take a breather... there's clearly been many upset players with the ui and virtual cursor changes. If u think these changes are "miles better", then all the better for you. However, subjectively, i (strongly) disagree. Admittedly I'm not going to permanently quit playing, but it certainly has slowed me down quite a lot when modifying loadouts and using chat, among other things.

Naturally we all like to vent, so rather than throw insults at one another, maybe share some tips about how uve made the new ui work for u, or what u like about it...

That all said, we are all beta testers 😉 just that console players get a much smoother ride.

43 minutes ago, (PS4)iuvenilis said:

Let's all take a breather... there's clearly been many upset players with the ui and virtual cursor changes. If u think these changes are "miles better", then all the better for you. However, subjectively, i (strongly) disagree. Admittedly I'm not going to permanently quit playing, but it certainly has slowed me down quite a lot when modifying loadouts and using chat, among other things.

Naturally we all like to vent, so rather than throw insults at one another, maybe share some tips about how uve made the new ui work for u, or what u like about it...

That all said, we are all beta testers 😉 just that console players get a much smoother ride.

I understand, I'm just so fed up with the complaints. Is it a little slower? Yeah, but when everything before was super fast and twitchy and required you to spam the dpad to get through the menus it was annoying and tbh aside from a few small instances I feel this is actually overall a little quicker. Instead of spending all that time mashing the dpad or holding it down for 30 seconds to get to where I want to be I can just move the right stick right to the spot I want, I can preview colors lightning fast, I can navigate every menu with ease. I can understand not being a fan, but the dpad still has full functionality and you can make the cursor tiny so it's barely even there if you really don't like it.

The big thing that most people don't realize is this can likely make updates get to us even faster than before. By having us on almost the exact same functioning ui as pc it'll make porting updates even easier, and thus getting us more content quicker.

Again it's fine if you don't like it, but like I said you need to reevaluate your entire life if you're willing to drop a game you've spend hundreds of hours in over something so trivial.

Dude, it's A GAME. We play them to relax and have fun. If the designers want to make the UI clunky and awkward to use then why should we continue playing no matter how many hours we have in? When there are HUNDREDS of other games out there to play why should we continue playing one that we no longer enjoy? Perhaps we're not the ones that should be re-evaluating our lives.

@(PS4)SCP-100912 I hear ya about the scrolling menus being much quicker using the joysticks (not sure why we needed a cursor to do that). But there's so much more that is no longer intuitive or simply bugs out.

For example, i was just trying to scroll through warframe mod loadouts (A B C) using L1/R1, but instead, i was scrolling through mod types. Nothing i could do, seemed to change this. No amount of smashing X on any part of the screen made any difference whatsoever. I had to relog.

I've had this type of issue happen on every screen recently. The frustration this causes is enough for me to reconsider playing, or at least take a break until its fixed. Im lucky that i rarely change anything at all... at MR22 i have enough saved loadouts i dont have to change much. But when i do, its a headache, cursor or no cursor.

This issue will affect everyone differently, and with varying frequncy. But it needs to be addressed as quick as possible in my opinion.

When u say the dpad still has full functionality, im not experiencing this at all... so it seems everyones experience is quite different. So perhaps whatever they had in mind, and what im seeing, are 2 vastly different things.

Just remove the Ui changes because of the cursor. I got a harrow and the new UI makes adding and removing mods hard and awkward. Because of all the issues that the cursor brought I don't even had the incentive to try out Saryn's changes. I don't know why but I also feel like the game speed changed since the changes in moving the sight and looking sometimes feel faster while others it is slow as hell, sometimes I think that it is the FPS that makes it like that, it ends being very clunky. Worse update that I ever experienced ever.

I've found new bugs there:

R1 and L1 buttons somehow stop working in all Orbiter menu - I can't switch tabs in Foundry and I can't call Alerts list in System map.

When I craft Khora, mods in Venari can be placed only one by entering Arsenal, install mod - second will not picking by selection - leaving Arsenal an opening it again.

Also, when I press X with cursor on Venari title the game immediately crashes.

Thank you for correcting the interface system, but there is still some bugs on PS4 (at least) : 

- Very frequently the L1/R1 buttons don't work (Navigation, Arsenal; Upgrades, mods) etc... So we can't quickly navigate, the only way is point and click (not very handy)...

- in the chat windows, we can click only one link, to click another link we must close chat window (L2) and re-open it, and we must do this each time to click another link...

Ok waay too much salt here about the cursor changes but I also am not a big fan of it. Cursors are so much slower and always have been for console/controllers. The reason it's slower is the accuracy, while its not hard to aim a cursor with a controller, it's definitely HARDER and SLOWER to use a thumb stick to move the cursor to where you want to go over a mouse and scroll function.

Increasing the cursor speed via in game options for console helps to "speed" up process but alternatively hinders accuracy when you have to say position your cursor over an option in chat tabs e.g.  selection of the letter T in the tiny player list box in trade/alliance/region tab to fast jump to the start of the players names starting at T,  as you can't use the D pad still for this (hopefully will be fixed). Also when in mission on plains and leaving squad you can only use cursor to select the option.

On the other hand, you can still use the D pad for a majority of the functions as before, even though it takes a couple of extra X button taps (ps4) at times and It's quicker with the update to scroll through all of your inventory items or mods, so that's a good thing.

Relic and arcane viewing isn't highlighted when you place the cursor over them still and takes longer to view and equip them which also slows things down. e.g. use cursor or D pad to scroll to the relic, tap X to view, double tap X to equip, repeat process if you viewed incorrect relic, much slower.

The only other problem with the cursor option is the solar map, the zoom in and out with one stick and the scroll with the other makes it frustrating at time to select the correct node or planet you are looking for.

Apart from these issues, I'm not that fussed, I don't see the need for the vitriol here, its certainly not a rage quitting negative and hasn't impacted my gameplay in an actual mission one bit. 

Good luck DE 🙂

On 2018-06-08 at 5:57 PM, (PS4)EishiroSugata555 said:

Please, can we get the FPS issue addressed? In getting MAJOR drops in FPS since the last update.. I can't be the only one.

YES, this problem needs to be addressed. Since the update I've been having major slowdowns during multiplayer matches. What's weird is that it's fine on PoE during the eyegasm that is Hydrolyst and Gantulyst, but 5-10 minutes into a normal multiplayer mission, there is always an extreme fps spike whenever there's too much on the screen, or even when I'm aiming down my sights and firing. I've asked the other members in the group if they experience it too on multiple occasions, and they always say yes as well.

This alongside the unresponsive cursor in the chat window has disheartened me from playing recently. I think we may have to wait till sacrifice is out for any real changes to be made, just my guess.

В 09.06.2018 в 22:45, (PS4)PixelHunter9000 сказал:

R1 and L1 buttons somehow stop working in all Orbiter menu - I can't switch tabs in Foundry and I can't call Alerts list in System map.

Update: it happens at Plains too - when I hunt Terralyst, fall with 0hp and group member heals me - after that I cannot play as Operator or use abilities with RB+ or with touch pannel.

I'm not as observant of stuff as some of y'all, but some of the things I tested and noted because of the UI:

• NAVIGATION:
    • [+] Ready-to-retrieve extractors can all be simultaneously picked up.
    • [-] Zoom feels (IMO) pretty unnecessary.
  • EQUIPMENT>ARSENAL:
    • [-] Items used to be previewable by hovering over them, but now require Square to be pressed on them before they are previewed.
    • [-] Not major by itself, but frames used to be pivotable with Right Stick when hovering over them. They now cannot be pivoted when selecting Frames/Helmets/Skins/Animations, but can when previewing Attachments/Syandanas/Regalia/Weapons.
    • [-] Drag-drop for mods was completely unnecessary.
    • [-] Loadout naming was fine where/how it was before the update.
  • EQUIPMENT>FOUNDRY:
    • [+] 'Claim All' button to retrieve all ready items from foundry.
  • EQUIPMENT>INVENTORY:
    • [+] Right Stick now scrolls horizontally through your items.
    • [+] Non-sellable items can now be hidden.
  • EQUIPMENT>VOID REFINEMENT:
    • [-] Relics have the same preview problem as equipment in your arsenal.
  • EQUIPMENT>MODS:
    • [+] Right Stick scrolls sideways through mod selection.
  • EQUIPMENT>LANDING CRAFT:
    • [-] Cannot use Right Stick to pivot view so you can see the effects of color selections applied to your landing craft's interior.
    • [-] Post-update, craft cannot be pivoted for preview when selecting them or coloring the exterior.
  • OPERATOR:
    • [+] The new UI is very streamlined, and definitely nice.

• MENUS:
    • [-] Dpad now has no effect on sliders in any menu.
    • [-] L1/R1 have issues with switching menus. Chat works absolutely fine, but other menus will go completely dead; at times, the cursor is a backup as you can continue by clicking on the icon for what you wanted to switch to, but sometimes even that will go dead.
    • [-] Invite menu will randomly open for no apparent reason. Of late, it's been opening when my cursor is nowhere near it -- or should even be able to open it; said cases have been in mod bank and star-application screen.
    • [-] On occasion, X will not confirm a selection.
  • NAVIGATION:
    • [-] Objective/Extract marker still doesn't appear sometimes.
    • [-] Excavators now require Square to confirm.
  • COMBAT/MISSIONS:
    • [+] Ability banner is helpful.
    • [-] Ran a dig last night where excavation dig counter did not appear, and excavator had a letter that abruptly (and inexplicably) changed to an icon.
  • FISHING:
    • [+] UI is very streamlined over the previous gear wheel.
    • [-] Bait/dye thrown now do not float on surface, instead vanishing into the abyss.
      • [-] Might be related, but fish do not appear.
  • DOJO:
    • [+] Navigation accessible from Dojo.
    • [+] Research can now be obtained in multiples at a time where previously it was only one.
  • CHAT:
    • [_] Chat box can be freely moved. Which is both a good and bad thing as there is not the option to magnetically attach it to a given point like when decorating.
    • [-] Right Stick in chat used to vertically manipulate the right box; it now only vertically manipulates the box that the cursor is in/on.

Archived