Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

make Quartakk at least usable again, pls!

LibertyPrime587

So i been using the Quartakk seen the fist time it come out and it been my Fv weapon so far, until reticent update mess up some thing with the weapon, the Fire rate is.....inconsistent there a long delay between shot that pop in and out suddenly with out rhythm to it. Another thing is the sound of the Quartakk for the first shot it sound fine the the following shots sound like an old men coughing unlike the god door slam it use to be "i'm disappointed". PLS!! fix the sound and give it back the semi auto function, the burst fire really frustrated to use. 

16 minutes ago, LibertyPrime587 said:

the Fire rate is.....inconsistent there a long delay between shot that pop in and out suddenly with out rhythm to it.

that is because it's a Burst Weapon - there IS a rhythm, and unlike for other types of Weapons, it's actually enforced for Burst Weapons. that means just mashing the shoot button will have a lower Rate of Fire than if you are clicking in time with the Rate of Fire of the Weapon.
in other words, over sampling will reduce your Rate of Fire. so don't oversample.

1 minute ago, taiiat said:

that is because it's a Burst Weapon - there IS a rhythm, and unlike for other types of Weapons, it's actually enforced for Burst Weapons. that means just mashing the shoot button will have a lower Rate of Fire than if you are clicking in time with the Rate of Fire of the Weapon.
in other words, over sampling will reduce your Rate of Fire. so don't oversample.

I did try soo hard to follow the rhythm of the weapon but in quick respond situation it hard to rely on the weapon duel to it inconsistent and poor signal, you expected the follow up shot will be hit the target but right after the first few shots it very hard to noted the delay gap, weapon like tiberon is much easy to noted thank to the 3 burst sound meanwhile Quarttak only have one loud boom. Why cant they made it in Semi auto already the last time it go fine with semi auto IDK why they switch to Burst.

DE could give it a toggle where it fires in it's current 4-shot-burst or a typical semi-auto setting (with much faster fire-rate due to it firing one shot from each barrel) to quiet the masses, or you could resort to Tiberon Prime while Zephyr Prime isn't vaulted.

Just now, Koldraxon-732 said:

DE could give it a toggle where it fires in it's current 4-shot-burst or a typical semi-auto setting (with much faster fire-rate due to it firing one shot from each barrel) to quiet the masses, or you could resort to Tiberon Prime while Zephyr Prime isn't vaulted.

Might as well give us full auto as an alt fire which fires each barrel in turn like a Nordenfelt Gun 

While the Quartakk is a burst weapon, I'd like to think of it as a shotgun. The bullets come out so fast, it might as well be a shotgun to begin with. That might help you adjust to it's rhythm better. It definitely helped me. The Quartakk really isn't that great in panic situations because of it's slow fire rate, but that's why you have quick melee or the 75% damage reduction on roll.

40 minutes ago, Gweredith said:

I do prefer the previous version of the weapon myself, but the current one is very much usable. However, Vile Acceleration is a must in my opinion. 

They force us down to use ether Vile Acceleration or speed trigger, it take forever to take a shot off from quartak, Latron prime have lower fire rated and it shoot faster, how that make any seen 

2 minutes ago, VioletGoblin said:

Try adding Vigilante Fervor, this is a great mod for the Quartakk and is great for orange crits if you are running it with Vigilante Armaments 

HAH trust me wen i'm said, "that is like an Ant try to seduce the Elephant" the end result only disappointment speed trigger is 60%+ fire rate and it don't even make much of a different, and 'im not gonna put on a full Vigilante set.

24 minutes ago, VioletGoblin said:

Try adding Vigilante Fervor, this is a great mod for the Quartakk and is great for orange crits if you are running it with Vigilante Armaments 

adding fervor mod with 45% fire rate is not helping much. if u got all the damage but you took an ages to fire that shot than i rather trade off my damage for fast fire rate like Quartakk mk 2 (where it increased fire rate but lowered the damage) but DE decided to return Quartakk back to Mk1 (high damage but pump shotgun fire rate)....come to think of it...the Corinth can fire faster than the Quartakk itself for some reasons.

Edited by ZzVinniezZ

I have no issues with it when I use the Quartak. The fire rate works just fine. Instead of trying to over sample, you work with the weapon instead and all those delays and hiccups go away with it. All it comes down to is muscle memory. You can't treat it like all the other guns in the game. The DMRs in the game require their own way of playing them. There is nothing wrong with that.

10 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

My Burston Prime and Grinlok would disagree here.

I agree with you. My Quartakk(Rivened), Veldt(Rivened), Grinlok(Riveed), Sybaris P, Latron P, and Tiberon P are all better than most of the full autos in the game. I disagreed with Brozime when he did that video as well.

On 2018-06-06 at 2:46 AM, LibertyPrime587 said:

So i been using the Quartakk seen the fist time it come out and it been my Fv weapon so far, until reticent update mess up some thing with the weapon, the Fire rate is.....inconsistent there a long delay between shot that pop in and out suddenly with out rhythm to it. Another thing is the sound of the Quartakk for the first shot it sound fine the the following shots sound like an old men coughing unlike the god door slam it use to be "i'm disappointed". PLS!! fix the sound and give it back the semi auto function, the burst fire really frustrated to use. 

Shooting the Quartakk actually is not that bad.. It's Impact Dominant so it's a great Corpus weapon for Robotics.. But modding with Gas is even better for Corpus.. Gas AOE's and bypasses shields when it Procs, + [Bane of Corpus] makes it a even better AOE Weapon.. So it's Fire Rate is justified..

I wouldn't mind a Fire Rate buff tho.. But if Fire Rate was buffed, tone down the recoil to Veldt level..

Sound is like that so it's not annoying after consecutive shots i believe.. I like it like that.. No need to constantly blow speakers out

Edited by Grimmstyler

On 2018-06-06 at 4:22 AM, LibertyPrime587 said:

Why cant they made it in Semi auto already the last time it go fine with semi auto IDK why they switch to Burst.

it was made a super fast Burst Weapon as an upgrade - instead of having to deal with Shotgun Status, it now gets the maximum Status possible of any type of Weapon. so it applies an incredible amount of Status Effects without needing an army of Status Mods to do so.

Quartakk works very well as it is, i would agree that the firing sounds are a bit strange since it's taking advantage of Burst mechanics while presenting itself like a Semi-Auto - but that is a strength of it, getting the best of both worlds there.

On 2018-06-06 at 8:28 AM, Fiewel said:

I think Brozime said (similar): Any (assault?) rifle not auto is pointless in warframe.

well that's just objectively wrong. but i mean that's not too uncommon there.
unless your bar to hold is that basic point and click skills take too much effort, but that's User Error.

I think the weapon is fine.

If the fire rate was increased, it would need to be compensated with a reduction in some stat.

3 hours ago, taiiat said:

i would agree that the firing sounds are a bit strange 

It's like that so it doesn't blow your speakers out

I think it's somewhat realistic to.. Like in movies how a grenade would deafen your hearing.. Quartakk is that loud 😀

[Hush], [Suppress],[Silent Battery], Banshees Passive is broken.. Those mods should suppress gun noise, but it's still heard with mods equipped..

1 hour ago, Grimmstyler said:

It's like that so it doesn't blow your speakers out

[Hush], [Suppress],[Silent Battery], Banshees Passive is broken.. Those mods should suppress gun noise, but it's still heard with mods equipped..

no, you're talking about something else. i'm talking about that it fires 4 Shots consecutively within <50ms, which absolutely sounds weird.

Suppressor Mods got changed by Politically Correct complaints that Suppressor Mods did make their Weapons quieter. so thesedays they don't. the internet, always on top of things that make sense.