Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galatine Prime has miserable range

RS219

For such a beautiful weapon with a really long blade, Galatine Prime can only hit up to 3 meters away without Primed Reach (with PR it appears to be more like 5.5 meters despite Primed Reach's +165% range). In fact, it's sad that a maxed out Primed Reach is needed for the tip of the weapon to actually hit and damage enemies. And this is to compare with the new scythe heavy blade zaw, which can hit enemies from really far away. Yes, I'm really late in saying this but better late then never, right?

I hope Galatine Prime gets some much-needed love in the eventual melee balance pass.

3 minutes ago, Hyro1 said:

Joking right?

Nope, tested in the Simulacrum. It only just beats Scindo Prime's own range, and Scindo Prime is an axe half the length of Galatine Prime.

But that raises another point, that Scindo Prime pretty much got power creeped by Galatine Prime. I hope it also gets some buffs to differentiate it from Galatine Prime but still keep it around the level of an equal - better base damage and more status?

Edited by RS219

4 minutes ago, Hyro1 said:

Even without the range, Galatine Prime is still one of the strongest melee weapons out there

It's still misleading that without primed reach the tip of the sword harmlessly phases through enemies. But we shall see what happens, apparent part of melee rework is a range extension and a nerf to primed reach.

Lots of long appearing weapons have short ranges (try a kesheg for instance). Longer "Orthos P/whip" range is the exception rather than the rule. 6m with P reach is about right for galatine IMO for balancing reasons. Will be interesting to see if they standardize ranges or nerf melee range. Would prefer they buff damage on short melee rather than nerf, but the latter is more likely.

It use to work okay with primed reach. Haven't toyed with it much since the console nerf went into effect to join the pc nerf... I've been trying... Trying... To find something worthy about near range melee weapons like daggers, ive even been using my venka prime... Because when they put the new melee system into effect it's going to break the one thing good about the VP...

But the GP is a weapon you really don't need a single elemental mod on, just buff up the slash damage, primed reach, primed pp, you know the build, it will absolutely destroy anything up to atleast 100 and then some...