Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adding Excalibur Prime helmet and skin to Excalibur Umbra appearance selection.

BlindBold

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Prototype Genji said:

Did you just say DE wouldn't be updating Excalibur Prime's visuals? If so then I think that answers your problem... Although it would make sense to allow you to mix the two but I guess DE wants Umbra to be unique.

yeah, but this isn't the same thing. I'm not asking for any work to be done to Excal prime to be done at all.

Really? This suggestion does nothing harmful to non founders(myself included, unfortunately), and it seems every argument is personal ("oh these damned founders want more exclusivity") What about blindbold bringing up frost prime/umbra? DE did mention before they were planning on more umbra frames, so why has no disagreement addressed that? It's just a helmet and skin, we're not missing out on anything, and I think 90% of the community knows how important fashionframe is, don't restrict these poor souls who have burnt the cash we didn't. Besides, when other umbra frames come up, that way we get even more fashionframe options. Can we just stop disagreeing with founders for the sake of relieving our own salt for not getting/being able to get founders ourselves? They've done nothing wrong, or at least nothing wrong with this post.

Wow I feel really toxic typing this.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Sesom089 said:

I said statistically as in armor, energy, health.  Also from what I remember many founders wanted a his abilities to be different, so a slight tweak seems like a fair middle ground.  Either way all your request boils down to is I want more exclusive special treatment for a select few instead of the community as a whole.  So like I said before I wholeheartedly, and completely, disagree with your request.

Its about cosmetics not to mention we said we wanted Umbra's to be different from primes.

right now it looks to be the same/upgrade...

Also dont lemme get started on attitude of most console players regarding games in general...
Do not treat founders like we are all the same either....

Let me be clear - I think I can speak for a lot of the founders when I say that we're perfectly fine with the Excalibur Prime Warframe getting overshadowed by Umbra. It's only fair that stronger versions of warframes, prime or umbra, have an accessible route for all players. However, it's, in my opinion, inarguable that Excalibur Umbra is not just an alternative to Excalibur Prime or Excalibur, he's a complete upgrade. Here's a list of things Umbra does better than Prime.

1. Radial Howl is a far superior ability to Radial Blind. It goes through walls, debuffs sentients, has a shorter casting time and can be performed while rolling. If you want to dig this deep, it's aesthetically a cooler ability.

2. Exalted Blade has a higher base damage on Excalibur Umbra than on any other form of Excalibur.

3. Umbra-mods and polarities. I don't have to tell people who have completed the quest the insane potential that these mods have. Umbral Vitality with a completed set is monstrous.

Excalibur Prime is, regardless of how this makes non-founders feel, a big point of pride for Founders. Excalibur was never really significantly weaker compared to prime, anyway, so for most people Excalibur Prime was just a cosmetic. Why is it so ridiculous to assume that we would be able to continue to use Excalibur Prime's skins on Umbra, especially when Umbra shares every other Excalibur cosmetic?

7 hours ago, BlindBold said:

These are questions that would be asked even if it wasn't excalibur. this is our first umbra and it's weird and unknown. say if frost umbra comes out would it be okay to let it use the frost prime helmet and skin if you owned frost prime? I think it should be allowed, it offers more cosmetic choices. Prime frames can use the regular skin and helmet. why can't umbras use the prime skin and helmet? I'd want the additional options.

No... I dont want umbra cosmetics to interchange with other frames.

38 minutes ago, Xakama said:

Let me be clear - I think I can speak for a lot of the founders when I say that we're perfectly fine with the Excalibur Prime Warframe getting overshadowed by Umbra. It's only fair that stronger versions of warframes, prime or umbra, have an accessible route for all players. However, it's, in my opinion, inarguable that Excalibur Umbra is not just an alternative to Excalibur Prime or Excalibur, he's a complete upgrade. Here's a list of things Umbra does better than Prime.

1. Radial Howl is a far superior ability to Radial Blind. It goes through walls, debuffs sentients, has a shorter casting time and can be performed while rolling. If you want to dig this deep, it's aesthetically a cooler ability.

2. Exalted Blade has a higher base damage on Excalibur Umbra than on any other form of Excalibur.

3. Umbra-mods and polarities. I don't have to tell people who have completed the quest the insane potential that these mods have. Umbral Vitality with a completed set is monstrous.

Excalibur Prime is, regardless of how this makes non-founders feel, a big point of pride for Founders. Excalibur was never really significantly weaker compared to prime, anyway, so for most people Excalibur Prime was just a cosmetic. Why is it so ridiculous to assume that we would be able to continue to use Excalibur Prime's skins on Umbra, especially when Umbra shares every other Excalibur cosmetic?

As a fellow founder who has played a tremendous amount of Excal Prime, I agree with this 100%. The Umbra mods in particular bug me the most. A maxed out Umbra will be superior to my maxed out Prime. I can forgive point 1, I could even get over point 2, but the denial of better mods is kind of absurd.

As for the OP, I'm okay with no Prime cosmetics available on Umbra, but I'd like to at least see Umbra's animations available for purchase.

The way I see it is Umbra isnt the improved version of a prime frame. It's not a pokemon evolution. Rather it's a path you can choose. You can shoes to go right and use the prime which works the same as the regular with better stats or you can go left which uses slightly different abilities with better stats. Looking at it that way you can see why it wouldnt make sense that primes and umbras cant use each others cosmetics.

1 hour ago, Xakama said:

I agree with this. I don't care at all if Excal Prime is statistically overshadowed (ha) by Umbra, but I'd still like to use the prime skin. Since all the other Excal cosmetics are available I don't see much reason to restrict the Prime Cosmetics either.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Xakama:

RIP Excalibur Prime. Visulally (super old look and outdated) and stats wise he is way worse then Mr Umbra.

In DC chat most founders are not so perfectly fine that umbra overshadows all.

With these mods and these special polarities they made all older versions obsolete.You cant fit them in your build like Normal or Prime frames like in a umbra.

I see a bad future for warframe when this happens to all other frames.Umbras will be superior and all primes will become obsolete.

Then we are at a point where all Primes are Mastery Fodder.What a bright future.

Edited by K0bra

Ever since excal umbra was announced this is literally exactly what i was hoping for, so ti see it not immediately implimented was rather frustrating. I would definetely appreciate being able to use excal P helm on Excal u body. 

There is no downside non founders and its a nice little addition that has great asthetic imo.

2 hours ago, Xakama said:

Let me be clear - I think I can speak for a lot of the founders when I say that we're perfectly fine with the Excalibur Prime Warframe getting overshadowed by Umbra.

Not really. My circle of close friends/founders highly disagrees but understands there isn't anything we can do about it. So I would say you are speaking for yourself, as I am speaking for myself. I feel more like DE found a loophole to give people a free Excal "Prime" without giving an actual Excal Prime. While Umbra is neat as heck, and I like his visuals and found the quest extremely fun and intriguing, I still feel a bit of "salt" towards the whole thing.

On the topic of the thread, yea, I'm down for shoving the Prime Head on Umbra. Just add a bit of chewing gum and string, should be good to go. Might be a bit wobbly though.

Edited by Vitrescence

Is there even any visual difference between Excalibur Umbra and the Excal Umbra Prime from Chinaframe?  So far, Umbra looks exactly like Excal Umbra Prime, just with the word prime dropped and no other changes. 

If they're going to eclipse Ex Prime with a superior frame which looks exactly like a prime, was called prime in China, letting us use the Excal Prime as a skin should just be common courtesy.

16 minutes ago, Phatose said:

Is there even any visual difference between Excalibur Umbra and the Excal Umbra Prime from Chinaframe?  So far, Umbra looks exactly like Excal Umbra Prime, just with the word prime dropped and no other changes. 

If they're going to eclipse Ex Prime with a superior frame which looks exactly like a prime, was called prime in China, letting us use the Excal Prime as a skin should just be common courtesy.

The Exalted Blade model is different (100% original) and we don't have their Sekhara, plus the system differences

Spoiler

The Radial Howl instead of Radial Blind and the Passive of AI control when using transference.

Edited by NightmareT12

3 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

No... I dont want umbra cosmetics to interchange with other frames.

I dont want my prime to be able to use umbra cosmetics, just the other way around.

3 hours ago, Xakama said:

I'm also 100% okay with diminishing excalibur prime to just some cosmetic items for a better version of excalibur.

Personally I think it would be nice for those founders that want a cool scarf-wearing mix and match of excalibur parts.

Feels kinda unfair to them to make a better frame in pretty much all regards , in a sense making their prime variant kinda useless... At least with this, they could retain the cosmetics and put it on the new frame.

I'm not an Excal user but I was slightly let down by this. I really wanted to see what Excal Prime would look like with a proper prime body opposed to essentially what is an out of date reskin. I don't see why we can't have both. Not everyone has Excal Prime so we can't show them what people don't have? So...?

I wanted to see that scarf... The fact that DE didn't ship with this feature (hoping it's forgetfulness) suggests to me DE are trying to somewhat pander to those who complain too much on the forums about missing out. Don't shoot me for such a comment but a part of me feels this way.

Hoping DE change this, especially as they said they wouldn't be touching EP again. Bit of a compromise at least considering he's outshined by Umbra now.

9 hours ago, (XB1)Azkul Lok said:

The way I see it is Umbra isnt the improved version of a prime frame. It's not a pokemon evolution. Rather it's a path you can choose. You can shoes to go right and use the prime which works the same as the regular with better stats or you can go left which uses slightly different abilities with better stats. Looking at it that way you can see why it wouldnt make sense that primes and umbras cant use each others cosmetics.

I don't think it was intended to be an improved version but it most certainly ended up as such even without factoring in the umbral mods. I would agree with your analogy if they differentiated Umbra from Excalibur a bit more. Howl is literally the biggest difference between the two versions and it is an upgraded Blind wholesale. Slash Dash and Radial Javelin, in my 8 forma pursuit, are exactly same as Excalibur/Prime both visually and functionally. Exalted Bladed has a different model (it almost looks longer/reach) but functions the same; though I guess it has a higher base damage (I haven't looked very hard directly at the stats myself). Umbral EB still has waves that go the same distance and same shape and size, a blind on his slide, and the same combo inputs.

Howl on the other hand is a straight upgraded Radial Blind. Both Blind/Howl have the same base range and duration, that has an initial stun that opens enemies to finishers and "incapacitates" most enemy actions for the duration. However Howl also removes Sentient resistances (so you don't need to go operator to do it and it of course is AoE with all the normal Blind functions tacked on); and I guess DE removed the LoS restrictions (maybe it is a bug or unintended) based on what others have said (I personally wasn't paying attention while I was grinding affinity in Onslaught). All for the cost of a slight delay in activation that you can move normally during (personally I find Howl much easier to use) and will go off even if you get stunned before the animation. The result is a better tuned warframe all things considered, NOT a different approach to the same warframe.

Just to add salt to the wounds... Umbra also enjoys Death Orb interactions in the void tile sets (which was Primes only Passive until now) and an extended Passive that allows Umbra to act while you are in Operator form where he can use Howl FOR FREE while you do other things. Honestly I also think that Umbra has a higher Passive contribution than other versions and this may be way people note he has a higher EB base. I say this because he sure seems to swing faster (higher melee attack speed) than my Prime even with no attack speed mods.